• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pooh World Return? A Theory Concerning the Book

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Hey guys, playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5. After watching Re:coded and playing into 2 Final Mix I saw a scene that made me raise an eyebrow and wonder about this idea.

Now hear me out.

For those of you who may need a refresher, in Kingdom Hearts 1 there was a book that, within its pages, was a world featuring the cuddly cast of Winnie the Pooh. In the first game it was a side task to acquire all of the Torn Pages that had been scattered across all the worlds.

In Kingdom Hearts 2, the book has been moved to Radiant Garden along with Merlin, who seems to want to keep a particularly close eye on the book. But due to a hasty mistake by Sora the book is torn again by Heartless and you have to get the pages back once more. Yes, it was just a convenient way to have another fetch quest world. But I think there are hints at more to it.

Merlin mentions that the book is "One of the world's most treasured objects". I think this statement might actually play into the plot of Kingdom Hearts 3. How you might ask?

Well, in Re:coded HD, there's a scene in which, as Maleficent and Pete are making their way out of the datascape, she suddenly remembers an old tale about a special book. Apparently, a world inside a book wasn't just a thing that the Journal was now. There was once a Book of Prophecy that could conjure a world/worlds and be used to bring about events.

Interestingly enough, I believe that the innocent Poohbear Book might actually be the Book of Prophecy. And that it has untapped powers. Why else would Merlin have such a close eye on it? Or the Heartless be so bent on taking it apart (so it doesn't work?)?

It may be possible that Maleficent will discover this strange set of apparent similarities between the Book of Prophecy and the Pooh Book, and go to Radiant Garden in an attempt to steal it. So, the Pooh Book would not only make a third comeback without having to retrieve torn pages again, but also be crucial to the plot of the game! Or at least Maleficent's plot.

What do you guys think? I know it kinda sounds absurd xD it's really late for me and maybe my tired mind has me jumping at conclusions. But since Disney seems to be much more important in KH3 again and so many other things are already going to happen, it'd make sense if the Book of Prophecy was something we had already seen before instead of just being a random new plot element.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Believe it or not, Winnie the Pooh had a theatrical sequel that was released back at 2011, but because it was up against Harry Potter, it was placed into obscurity. It's inevitably going to be used for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Believe it or not, Winnie the Pooh had a theatrical sequel that was released back at 2011, but because it was up against Harry Potter, it was placed into obscurity. It's inevitably going to be used for Kingdom Hearts 3.

What does this even have to do with the theory OP has presented???

Wonderful

Awards
don't really get why people are against this idea? i don't necessarily think the pooh book IS the book of prophecy, but with the book and the journal being so important, i do think the pooh book should come back as being important to the plot. it would actually be nice to have this thing that was there since the first game be important all along and it would tie up nicely into the new plot thread regarding the journal and the book. why be against it?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What does this even have to do with the theory OP has presented???

The fact that it wasn't even reference once within the theory. Granted, it was slightly left field but I still had to address it.

But back to the point of the topic itself, it isn't. It genuinely isn't for two primary reasons.

1) The Book of prophecies is more of a cauldron as opposed to a "world". It creates and project's. Pooh's book doesn't do that.

2) There's plenty of important booklets in the series. If anything, Jiminy's Journal is more likely a candidate to be linked with the book of prophecies than Winnie The Pooh is.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The fact that it wasn't even reference once within the theory. Granted, it was slightly left field but I still had to address it.

But back to the point of the topic itself, it isn't. It genuinely isn't for two primary reasons.

1) The Book of prophecies is more of a cauldron as opposed to a "world". It creates and project's. Pooh's book doesn't do that.

2) There's plenty of important booklets in the series. If anything, Jiminy's Journal is more likely a candidate to be linked with the book of prophecies than Winnie The Pooh is.
Agreed with every single Point.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
A Winnie the Pooh book actually being an ancient tome that can grant its user the power to rule all worlds?

What's funny is that even though that sounds like a total crack theory when said out loud without any context, I could actually believe this one. I could believe anything at this point.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
While I think that's interesting to help combine the DISNEY worlds to the main plot, if they did it, it would feel a little random for Pooh's book to be so important with no prior build up. I mean, yeah, it did seem to be of some interest to Merlin in KH1 and 2... but nothing on "Book of Prophecy" level importance. The Organization were in Radiant Garden, where Pooh's book was, so why didn't Xemnas make a move for it then? I think that it's interesting to use Pooh's book like that, but if they built it up that way. Right now, it would feel pretty off. Maybe if Pooh's book helped access the Book of Prophecy, I wouldn't mind that much.

Echoecho6

Awards
If it means going back to 100 acre woods then I'm all for it! I have to say I like what Eel said about how maybe it could just help to find the actual book of prophecies. That would be a neat way to bring it back into play.

Wonderful

Awards
While I think that's interesting to help combine the DISNEY worlds to the main plot, if they did it, it would feel a little random for Pooh's book to be so important with no prior build up. I mean, yeah, it did seem to be of some interest to Merlin in KH1 and 2... but nothing on "Book of Prophecy" level importance. The Organization were in Radiant Garden, where Pooh's book was, so why didn't Xemnas make a move for it then? I think that it's interesting to use Pooh's book like that, but if they built it up that way. Right now, it would feel pretty off. Maybe if Pooh's book helped access the Book of Prophecy, I wouldn't mind that much.
if the journal is so important why didn't xemnas go after jiminy?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
No. I do not think that the 100 Acre Wood book is THE Book of Prophecies. Yes, Merlin has expressed that it is a very important book for the world of Radiant Garden, and yes, Heartless have tried to steal it, but that does not mean the book's relevance will skyrocket to an importance level on par with the Book of Prophecies. I just think It's a stretch based on arguments from games in a stage of Nomura's planning of the future of Kingdom Hearts that did not contemplate chi and its mythos during that point of the Xehanort Saga. I just think you're connecting dots that are not meant to be. But I must admit that it is a VERY creative idea.

Wonderful

Awards
I just think It's a stretch based on arguments from games in a stage of Nomura's planning of the future of Kingdom Hearts that did not contemplate chi and its mythos during that point of the Xehanort Saga. I just think you're connecting dots that are not meant to be. But I must admit that it is a VERY creative idea.
thing is, i'm sure the journal was never planned to be all that important either, or that the dataverse would be compared to the book of prophecies and be elevated in importance either. it doesn't really matter where things start, but rather where they go. it's not hard to imagine nomura looking back and thinking the pooh book could be elevated in importance given its unique status just like the journal was.

i also don't think it is a literal copy of the book of prophecies, but i can easily see it being elevated in a similar fashion like the journal has.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
thing is, i'm sure the journal was never planned to be all that important either, or that the dataverse would be compared to the book of prophecies and be elevated in importance either. it doesn't really matter where things start, but rather where they go. it's not hard to imagine nomura looking back and thinking the pooh book could be elevated in importance given its unique status just like the journal was.

i also don't think it is a literal copy of the book of prophecies, but i can easily see it being elevated in a similar fashion like the journal has.

You bring up good points. Even though I believe the 100 Acre Wood book will not turn out to be the Book of Prophecies, based on the precedent you presented concerning Jiminy's journal, it is possible that the book about Pooh Bear's world may have a lot more of importance that it has had over the past games.

Honestly, at the point we are in the Xehanort Saga, it's still possible Nomura can surprise us (and hopefully many of us can stay spoiler-free, lol). xD

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Thanks for the feedback everyone ^^ Yeah now that I look back, perhaps stating that the Book of Prophecies and Poohbear book were the same... might've been a bit of a stretch. I do believe that it could be elevated in a similar fashion to the Journal, and that Maleficent might try to get her hands on it. Besides, I know Winnie the Pooh was cutesy and everything but I thought it was strange that it was the ONE world that has never had a single Heartless/Nobody in it. If Maleficent, say, fails to use the Journal as a breeding ground for Heartless, then the peaceful fields of Hundred Acre Wood might be in trouble.

I always liked taking a break from the larger conflicts and hanging out with Pooh and Friends though. :) So I'm all for it being brought back in KH3. And yeah, the 2011 movie could be adapted.

One more point though, to Pooh's book being more important than it may seem. If I remember correctly, didn't Terra, Aqua, and Ventus look into it? It wasn't a world but a command board, and Merlin tells them that the book will make them more powerful or something like that. But I'll know for sure once I get to BBSFM

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I actually love this idea. But a Disney world being relevant to the plot (even Maleficent's likely irrelevant itself B plot with the Book of Prophecies)? Unlikely.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I always liked taking a break from the larger conflicts and hanging out with Pooh and Friends though. :)
I think that's the purpose of the 100 Acre Wood world: to take a break from the general atmosphere of the game and have fun with something else inside the game. If you look at it this way, Pooh Bear's world has always been a world inside a world. It first was in Traverse Town, now in Radiant Garden (chronologically speaking, it's the inverse).

It wasn't a world but a command board, and Merlin tells them that the book will make them more powerful or something like that.
Can't remember if he specifically said that, but if he did, then it most definitely might have been in the sense of gameplay.

Granted, it wouldn't be the first time a somewhat not-so-important element is slowly turned into a heavy plot device.

I actually love this idea. But a Disney world being relevant to the plot (even Maleficent's likely irrelevant itself B plot with the Book of Prophecies)? Unlikely.
Disney worlds have been relevant to the plot since the first KH. Granted, their relevance had decayed as more titles came, but I think Nomura has expressed that he wants to involve them more in the closure of the Xehanort Saga.

And about Maleficent, she'll most definitely become a threat once more. She has control over the Datascape now. She's not on par with MX, but she'll be a threat to have in mind when the Guardians protect the Princesses and as they look for TAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back