• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Ponnie's Organization XIII Oneshots -Updated 2/25/10- (Axel/Xigbar/Roxas Fluff)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com
I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, ever sense I began writing for Org.XIII. But I was far too nervous and shy to really open up a fan fiction thread, that being because I saw everyone else's lovely boards here and I knew that I could never do all the amazing fan fictions that they managed to create. Everyone is so talented and well...I am not! XD;

But I figured, that I would very well try my best...right? That's all I can really do anyway! Mawhaha! :36: So I thought that it wouldn't hurt to create this, even though my fan fictions are FILLED with fluff and probably some out of characterness. Oh well. Live and learn right?

----

Rating: K. :p
Characters/Relationships: Xigbar and Roxas as the main relationship. *NO SLASH*
Warnings?: Errrrrrr. Yes. Slightly spoiler warning for both 358/2 Days, *AND* for the upcoming game Birth By Sleep. Although the BBS spoilers could be considered nothing more than random guessing. This was written before I started reading spoilers for BBS, so some things aren't true. So not much of a problem. The only spoilers for days is because of what Roxas did, and a slight something about Xion. I hope that doesn't bother you. But I tend to do stuff like this.
Word Count: 2,180.
Notes: I suppose you could call this post Days rambling and theories. Because I'm a fan of the small relationship that Roxas and Xigbar shared in Days. I thought of it as something quite interesting and I wondered why he was being tender and what not. Figured it had something to do with Ventus and this is just the plotbunny based on that theory. Got a little too many theories in here probably. But neh. It's late, and I'm thinking stuff.

This had to be written because there is nothing about Roxas and Xigbar that isn't slash, so I figured I might as well add something worthwhile to the fandom and prove that the Orgy can share relationships that isn't Yaoi. Also. Might have Xigbar out of character in some sense, but in Days he was slightly like this. But it was the first time I ever wrote for Roxas or Xigbar. So if you see anything, tell me nicely. Lolz.

----

Xigbar, the Freeshooter walked into this bedroom at the Castle That Never Was with a click of the door and an annoyed sigh. He leaned up against the doorframe and shut his eye. It seemed that as of late, the whole Organization XIII was going to darkness in a hand basket, as the old saying went. Anything that could possibly go wrong went wrong all in a matter of days.

Firstly, all the members at Castle Oblivion were more or less wiped off the map, and the castle was nothing less than a graveyard that harbored their essences. Then "Poppet" managed to escape and Superior knows where on earth she was, after the suggestion of shutting down the Replica Project reached his ears that one day, he figured that she was as good as dead.

Then Roxas left the Organization.

He didn't quite understand why the boy had left, and no one cared enough to give him the details or even a single hint at the reasoning. Figuring that it wasn't worth the effort. All he knew was that he was gone, and Axel had left to find him.

All of this was far too much for one single being—no, he wasn't a being at all, and he corrected himself---Nobody to comprehend in his already troubled head. He moved himself away from the door and walked to his window.

Why did he care about what happened to a single Nobody? Or more or less, what happened to a single kid? Why was he getting himself worked up over nothing? He never had before, but now it all seemed to crash around him and he felt smothered suddenly. He looked up at the moon of Kingdom Hearts, searching for answers and yet found none to help him.

He shook his head as he crossed his arms in frustration.

"As if I'd actually find them there." He uttered to himself. "It's because of what he is, it's because of who---" he stopped, he couldn't finish for his eyesight (Or at lest his good eye.) looked at the far end of his window and noticed an envelope that he hadn't seen before.

He reached over with one gloved hand and picked it up. It was a plain envelope; lightly colored blue, with no named gracing the back or front. And a single thread of tape was the only thing that kept it sealed.

For a moment as he turned it in his hands, Xigbar wondered where exactly it had come from, only for a moment at lest, for his curiosity got the better and he opened it. The handwriting was sloppy and rushed, and he merely glanced in disgust until he noticed that the bottom was signed "Roxas". That got his interest and he started from the beginning.

"Xigbar,

I don't know who to trust anymore. I can't trust Axel, it's not like what he told me about Xion and myself was ever the truth anyway. He kept so much hidden from me, about the Replica Project, about Xion, and about me! And he called me his best friend! I can't trust the Organization, and I don't even know if I can trust you. But I had to tell someone that I was leaving. Of all the people I don't understand or believe, it's myself least of all that I can't figure out.

Everything is too confusing! So many images, and questions running through my mind all at once. Why did the Keyblade choose me? Who is this Sora that everyone always talks about behind my back? You called me special before. Why am I special then? I don't know what exactly I am, I can't even be sure of who I am any more. By the time you see this, I'll already be gone. It's a risk, I know. But I can't bear to be around the liars. No one trusts Xion, or me. I'm done, okay? There is nothing left for me here.

I always knew that you, out of all the Organization besides Axel, were the only one that treated me like I wasn't just another number. Rather or not that meant something to you…it did to me. Best just to forget about me though. I tried…but…it didn't work out.

I'm done with this.

Roxas – "Kiddo"'

When Xigbar had stopped reading, anger built up inside of his chest, or what he thought could be anger. Had Saix seen him, he would have scoffed and said that it was nothing more than memory emotions swirling in the darkness of their shells, or some other such nonsense. His hand crumbled the letter so tightly that the only thing that was barley left readable was his name and Roxas'.

"Stupid! Stupid, stupid kid! What was he thinking! Stupid!" He screamed to the empty walls of his room. The Organization wouldn't take this betrayal lightly; they'd murder the kid for doing this crazy harebrained scheme. Or perhaps something even more dreadful, like what they did to the members at Castle Oblivion. Even as he let the letter fall to the ground in a heap, something in the back of his mind itched. From Roxas's words it made it clear that the kid thought that Xigbar cared about him. Actually treated him fairly.

Cared? That was an emotion.

"As if." He scoffed, looking down at the letter once again. It was a load of garbage. He didn't care, he couldn't care for him in the very lest. He was a Nobody. He had no heart. Roxas was just a pawn in a bigger picture to him. What he thought was foolish and a lie.

Or…? Subconsciously, as he was thinking over everything that he just saw, he reached up and placed a hand to his facial scar. It was a dark reminder of the past.

"Of the past." He found himself saying. Then his mind drifted again, to a few days before, in the world where Xion and him fought. Everyone had always seen "Poppet" differently when they looked at her. He had heard that both Axel and the kid had seen her as a normal girl, like she truly belonged as one of them. Saix and the others, they saw her as a puppet, and nothing more. Xigbar on the other hand, he had seen Ventus.

He frowned when that name entered his mind. Ventus, it was like it was a curse upon his lips, that child had been nothing but trouble in his past! Why was he thinking of him now?! But that look, those eyes that had pierced his soul that one fragment in time …the fact that he looked like Roxas.

He screamed and slammed his fist into his wall. Leaving a small crack where his hand met brick. He had screwed up in the past, what he did to that kid's friend. What was the name again? He thought, then it came to him, although he wished it hadn't. For it brought memories that were better off forgotten. Terra. Yes, yes that was his name. How Ventus looked at him as Terra went to free Master Xehanort, and started his long decent into the darkness.

The blond kid looked at him that day as he stood there apart from him, and recalled the battle he saw, how both he and Terra left their scars on one another. Although in his case, it was more physical. He gave him a single look, and behind those blue eyes Xigbar could read everything.

"I hate you! I hate you! This is your fault! You did to him! If it weren't for you, Terra would still be with us! Why did you do it! Why! Why!"

Xigbar winced as he remembered it. Heart or not, smug laughter or not, it still burned inside of him having to see Xion turn into that "ghost" from his past. He then nodded, that was it, that was his answer he wanted. That was the exact reason why he looked after Roxas.

Because he was desperately trying to atone for his past failures and sins, he never again wanted Ventus to look at him that way. That's why he praised the boy, told him he was special, gave him those names, everything he did was because he wanted to make things right. Ventus wanted to become a Keyblade master, and he never had a chance because of him. Because of what he did in self-defense.
So through Roxas he said he cared about his future as a Keyblade wielder, and did his best to teach him what he could.

Because of what Xehanort did to his heart, it destroyed him. So he felt the need to try and protect him from harm. Was it enough? He wondered, because Xigbar had a hand in it! By Kingdom Hearts! The blame should have been his alone! He wanted to scream to anyone and ask him or her if it was enough to fix it!

Everything from the past haunted him. And the kid---"Roxas you idiot…Roxas. He has a name. Use it!"---Roxas looked too much like Ventus to do anything else but. It was far too easy for Xigbar to get attached to him. He could admit that Roxas had spunk if anyone asked him. His upbeat attitude and how he looked at things with a fierce excitement and determination made him feel amused. But what was that crazy crap that Axel always brought up? That Roxas made him feel as though he had a heart? That he had purpose?

…That was what he hated to admit. That he did like the boy and that he made Xigbar feel proud when he did well in his missions, and when came back with one of those blasted smiles and ice-cream sticks.

And that…in some odd way, that Xemnas would have most likely, along with Saix, (Oh how he hated them both.) laughed about if they knew, he felt like a true being around him. And not an empty shell of the man he once was. He did have purpose around Roxas, and felt responsible for once in his life.

He knew that if it had been different, if his alliance had been shifted, Ventus and him could have been friends. But fate rarely goes the way people, even people such as Nobodies, want it to go.

Now Roxas was gone, more than likely to his demise if Xemnas ever found out. And it hurt. It was the emotion he felt when he became Xigbar, and it was the emotion that his memories of Braig allowed him to 'feel'. He failed again. He failed Roxas and he failed Ventus. And that hurt more than anything else did.

Xigbar glanced at the letter at his feet, picked it up and looked at Roxas signed it. He gave a small grin.

"Fine then. Leave. That's your choice Tiger." He said, and then threw it out his open window. Hoping that it would join the rest of the darkness below. With one final sigh he walked out of his room, raising his hood as he did, and left the door ajar.

------------

Walking through the halls of the castle, an uneasy quietness hung in the air above him. He had once said that he would enjoy the sound of silence. But this was too much for him; it seemed like no one was even alive within the walls anymore.

He didn't know where he was going and he did not care to even give it another thought. He just wanted to get away. As he approached the bottom stairway of Naught's Skyway, he saw that another member was walking slowly past him, staggering as he went. The hair was a dead giveaway. It was Axel. Xigbar stopped, he knew that this would be his only chance. He had to take it.

"Hey, Axel."

The red head didn't respond, or even look at him, only stopped beside him.

"What happened to the kid--" he shut his mouth, he knew this wasn't the right way to go about the conversation, he opened and tried a different approach instead. "What happened to Roxas, where is he?"

Hearing Xigbar call him by his name made Axel turn. He looked a mess, his eyes were half lidded and a hard frown decorated his features, making him look older than he really was. Xigbar couldn't tell if it was out of 'anger' or 'sadness' but it was something unpleasant. Axel avoided his golden eyes as he spoke.

"Gone."

"Gone?" He repeated. This wasn't what he wanted to hear. He knew he was gone, he wasn't a fool.

"Yeah. Said he had to. Get answers. Said no one will miss him." With that said, Axel turned and continued the stairs, leaving Xigbar alone in the empty hallway with only the wind blowing back his cloak, but he didn't move. Soon enough The Flurry of Dancing Flames was gone. Although both men didn't speak or look at one another again, their thoughts simultaneously rushed through their mind.

'That's a lie. I will.'

-----------

All right. That was the very first time that I ever wrote for Xigbar and Roxas, and basicly any member of the Org. Heh, I suppose that when I wrote it, I was quite proud of the way it came out and stuff. But now looking back, I noticed that a few things are kinda off and should have been fixed when I had the chance. But I suppose it really isn't worth going back and fixing them now.

Oh well, I never said I was the perfect writer and all that crap! I have flaws!

shamisen

But anyhow. Yeah, this will be my little fan fiction board. I'll upate my fan fictions daily until I get all of the ones I already written up on here. And when I run out, I'll try and update when I can! How's that sound? So...yep! Hello people out the word! BE PREPARD TO DROWN IN MAH ORGY FLUFF!

Comments and compliments are loved. And I don't mind crits if you notice something. But please, if I got the characters out of character...don't flame me! :p I'm only doing this for fun! And to try and spread the Xigxas noms around! Enjoy! Or...not! Whatever floats your boat!

thebatman

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Re: Ponnie's Organization XIII Oneshots

Okay, I really, really liked that story. I really liked how you portrayed Xigbar in the story; it was so nice to see Xigbar with some depth to him and not just as an emotionless creep. My favorite parts were the ending and when Xigbar reminisced about his past as a somebody; both parts almost made me cry. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

UmbraTsuki

Awards

Awww :(.
This is really good!!! I've never read a fanfic like this, and it's amazing!!!
Ah...it's hard to say what I feel about it. Lolz. It's awesome!!!
I'm looking forward to reading more stuff ^^
~Umbra~

PowerOverNothing

Website

@TwilightRiku: As I stated on your account messages, I'm very, very pleased that you liked my first fan fiction! And you liked my verson of Xigbar. ;) And I do so hope you stick around for more!

@Umbra: Thank you love! Glad you think that it's amazing, I'm glad you liked! :D

------

As I stated in my first post, I am planning on uploading daily until I get caught up with my fictions! So here we go again! Get ready fellas!

shamisen

Rating: K again.
Characters/Relationships: Father/Son Xigbar/Roxas. Although highly suggested Brotherly Roxel. (Axel/Roxas.)
Warnings?: Amazingly, there isn't any spoilers for this one. I'm pretty sure that you're all aware that the Castle Oblivion team was killed by Sora. And that Axel had was there. Etc. So no worries. :p
Word Count: 2,834. :)
Notes: *streches out my typing fingers* I got this idea when I was reading through a 358/2 Days script on GameFAQs. I knew that in Days Roxas was worried about what may have happened to Axel when he learned that everyone at Castle Oblivion was killed, and I wanted to play around with that idea. Since Axel was *indeed* gone for over fifty days, someone had to watch over Roxas...right?

That's where Xiggy comes into the picture. I've dubbed him "The Shadowy Protecter" in my fan fiction mind. Because that is what he seems to be to me, someone who *does* look after Roxas...but only when he needs him. That's what I wanted to try and show here. The beginnings of the realationship that was shown in Days. Anyhow, be aware that there is sap. :heart:

----

It was late at night when Xigbar awoke annoyed from his quiet slumber. He moaned and placed a hand on his head, he wanted to roll over and go back to sleep but his throat had another choice in the matter. It seemed too dry and he mumbled something underneath his breath as he pulled back his comforter. He sat on the edge of the bed and considered rather or not he really wanted to walk through the castle and actually get himself something to drink, and then make the journey all the way back.

He shook his head and walked out his bedroom door; he hated the fact that Xemnas made the castle far too large. It was nearly an impossibility to make a quick brake for the small kitchen in the middle of the night and get back before one of the other members caught them and kept them until the "dawn" broke through with their painfully boring lectures.

He wandered through the stairs of Naught's Skyway down to one of the bottom floors of the castle, he staggered back and forth as he went and nearly stumbled forward a few times. It was far too early for him to be walking about the castle grounds, and blamed his throat once more for waking him. Nothing would have given him more pleasure than to be back asleep and dreaming soundlessly.

He slipped past the area connecting The Grey Room and swore he heard a noise, but when he stopped to lean his head and listen, the noise was no more. He shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to grab the desired beverage from the top self in the Organization's kitchen's refrigerator, and started, with one more annoyed moan (And a quiet swear underneath his breath) back to his bedroom.

Morning would be rising soon, and he hoped he would at lest steal him a few more hours of sleep before Saix came and started barking orders.

On his way back, he heard the muffled noise once more. After halting his steps for the second time, he listened and peered into The Grey Room. He rubbed his eye and noticed a small-darkened figure sitting on one of the sofas by the window, and it was apparently sobbing its eyes out. Curiosity ran through Xigbar as he lifted his eyebrows, and walked into the room.

On the couch sat Roxas. His knees were huddled up against his chest and his face was laying on the surface of a pillow he was clinging to fervently within his arms. The child looked downright miserable to Xigbar's tired eyes and was making quite the noise with his whimpering. Xigbar walked to the edge of the sofa and leaned forward on the arm, addressing the boy with a whispered voice.

"Kid…what are you doing up so late?"

Roxas leaped at the sound of his voice and dropped the pillow. His eyes looked at Xigbar and then shifted to the ground where the pillow had landed. He shook his head and mumbled.

"I couldn't sleep."

Xigbar moved a step closer. "You have missions to do tomorrow, ya know."

"I know…but---" his voice trailed off. 'I want to be alone, okay?' He thought mentally to himself as he turned his eyes away, peering at the pillow on the ground, the table, anything other than the man standing next to him.

Xigbar chuckled as he pointed to Roxas's face. "How do you think Saix would act if he saw you like this? You look as though a Heartless ran over you. Twice."

Roxas didn't respond and only leaned down to pick up the fallen pillow. Xigbar crossed his arms and tried once more to speak to him.

"You need sleep. Get your rear to bed."

After a moment of silence, Roxas looked up at Xigbar and bit his lip, trying to keep the sobs away.

"I can't. All right?"

"Why not?" He prompted. Roxas could be wild sometimes, and do unthinkable things on missions, but even he knew when to sleep. Xigbar knew well that he was avoiding the question and he wanted the truth.

"I had a—a—nightmare."

Had it not have been so late at night, Xigbar would have laughed out loud and more than likely even the Dusks would have heard him. That was the reason? The kid had a nightmare? How utterly ridiculous that he would get worked up over something so…childish. Xigbar walked over to Roxas's side and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, raising him slightly from the couch with a grin.

"All right, no more games, tiger. Time for you to—"
Roxas jerked away from the older Nobody's grip and turned to scream at him.

"No! Don't you understand?" He clenched his pillow as though suddenly it was his only lifeline in the room. "I can't sleep there anymore! If I go back I'll—I'll—"

Roxas shook his head and looked at Xigbar with a fiery expression suddenly full of anger.

"You can't make me!"

A hard frown found its way onto The Freeshooter's face, if Roxas kept this up he would wake the whole castle. He then walked back over to his side, yanking the pillow from his hands and locking eyes with the blonde's.

"All right. That's enough." He said, perhaps more firmly than he should have. He then added, nudging towards the sofa with his head. "You get over there and tell me what's the matter."

Roxas looked up at Xigbar, whom was watching his every move with a frown, hoping that he was kidding. He would have to tell him what he saw? Relive it again to this man? He looked down and knew that Xigbar was serious. With a sigh he walked over to the couch and sat. Xigbar came and sat at his side with the pillow; he handed it back to him, and spoke more softly.

"What happened in your nightmare, kiddo?"

"It was terrible. I—I saw…Axel. He was fighting something, someone…I don't know. But he was losing, and there were flames…his flames. Then---"

Roxas began to shiver as he spoke. The memories were so fresh in his mind. Axel being backed up into a white corner wall in Castle Oblivion, and having no other choice but to pull off a terrible move that took out of the enemy and sat himself on fire with a single snap of his fingers.

Roxas could see it, could almost feel the heat from Axel's body as he was on the ground, struggling in pain. But he was smiling, in some horrible way, Roxas saw that he was smiling!

'How…icky. And to think I never got to have another ice-cream with Roxas either…'

Then it was over. Axel was gone, dead. Right in front of Roxas's eyes, and he could do nothing. Only stand there and see him take his final breath. That made his eyes fill with tears at the very thought that he would never be able to see Axel again or even share another after-work ice cream with him.

After a moment of Roxas staring out into nothingness with a trembling lip and shut eyes, Xigbar placed a hand on his shoulder and chuckled as he spoke.

"You still with me, tiger? What happened?"

Xigbar regretted asking immediately. In response Roxas began to cry once more, tears rushed down his eyes as he buried his face into the pillow. Xigbar winced at the sight; it wasn't quite the reaction he was expecting.

"Whoa, easy kid—Hey, hey, calm down—Roxas c'mon, cut it out!" He uttered out in haste, all his words falling onto one another and becoming a jumbled mess. He was no expert on children, let alone Nobody children, and wasn't even completely sure how Roxas was able to feel enough sadness to cry like this. Once more Xigbar placed a gloved over his scarred face. 'Darn this kid, and his complications.'

"Don't you get it? Axel died! He died right in front of my eyes!" Roxas shouted at him, looking up with teary redden eyes. "What if it's true? Xigbar, what if it really is true! What if he's dead! He should have been home by now!"

Xigbar looked at him in silent surprise. So much emotion from a Nobody, the idea left him confused and he knew not how to answer the boy's wailing. Knowing that the man wouldn't answer, Roxas spoke again in a more broken voice.

"I might…I might not get to see him again. Or share ice cream or…" Roxas then fingered the pocket on his Organization coat and traced the outline of a wooden stick he had hidden away for what seemed like so very long. He moved his hand and then punched the pillow.

"It's not fair!"

The older Nobody reached out a hand and gently raised Roxas's chin to meet his eyes.

"Look, Roxas. I'm not good at this, but if I've learned anything in my days here. I know that Axel wouldn't go down without a fight. He's way too thickheaded and stubborn."

"But the whole team—" He mumbled, trying to move away. Xigbar had told him that there were no survivors at the castle, the others had confirmed this news to him, which only made the uneasy lump in his throat all the more painful.

Xigbar shook his head. "Trust me, will ya?"

He then gave Roxas a pat on the back, and pushed him onto his feet. "Now get to bed."

Roxas stood, but didn't move from the spot. "No." He said quietly, then turned his head away from his eyes for the countless time that night. "I don't want to go back in there. I want to stay here tonight."

"Roxas…" Xigbar sighed annoyed. He began to wonder if he would ever get back to bed.

"Please Xigbar." The boy pleaded, "If I go back in there and close my eyes…I'll—I'll see it again. Please let me stay here. Just one night…"

Xigbar began to tell him no and force him to bed when Roxas turned those eyes onto him. He winced mentally at the glance and shut his own golden eye. Then he nodded.

Roxas placed the pillow on the end of the couch and laid his head down. He gave a small forced grin, which was enough to show his thanks. Xigbar then raised from where he sat and turned to walk out of the room, but was stopped by Roxas grabbing his coat sleeve.

"Xigbar, wait."

"What is it now, kiddo?"

"Stay. Until I fall asleep. Just…in case. I don't want to…to be alone." Roxas uttered out sheepishly, it seemed idiotic in his mind to ask this from a man that he hardly had the pleasure of knowing. But the thought of the images, and him whimpering alone in the darkness of The Grey Room ruled over his fear of embarrassment.

It was in that moment that Xigbar thought that if he been standing close enough, he would have gladly slammed his head into the lightly colored brick wall. Was this boy deliberately trying to work the magic he had used on Axel, and turn him into some sort of soft, mushy, babysitter?

'As if. Like I'd ever turn into something like that.' But Xigbar knew that it was late, (Or was it early now?) and if he could get the boy to sleep, then he could sleep himself. And oh wonderful that sounded to his pointed ears.

He smirked smugly and walked out of the room, but stopped at the doorway and turned his head toward the boy.

"Fine then, Roxas. But don't even think this mean I've gone soft on you."

For the first time that night, Roxas laughed genuinely, and it felt better than muttering sobs and spilling tears. He lifted his head and looked at Xigbar from across the room.

"Oh yeah! You can go back to hating me tomorrow!"

"Be back in a flash." He said and disappeared into the long, and darkened hallways.

When Xigbar returned to The Grey Room, he held a folded blue blanket in his hands, one that he had stripped from Roxas's bedroom and brought so that the kid would at lest be warm.

But when he walked up to cover him, he was surprised to see that Roxas was already asleep. A soft expression graced his face and one hand had fallen off the couch as the other was underneath his pillow.

Xigbar placed a hand on his hip, and gave a small 'humph' to the scene in front of him. 'Well that was pointless…' Xigbar thought to himself, 'He's already out. He didn't need me here to do that.'

Xigbar left the blanket draped over the arm of the couch and turned to leave, hoping to get back to his room before he was caught. Even though he knew that it was hopeless now to make the journey. Saix would find him and then shove him off to some mysterious new world to do either some recon, or hunt down some Heartless.

So instead, he sat on the other side of the couch and leaned back, looking at Roxas's sleeping form and giving a small smile. What an utterly frustrating boy! But…in turn, everything about him somehow made Xigbar laugh in bitterness and amusement both.

He reached his hand behind his back and grabbed the unfolded blanket; he then placed it on Roxas's body, and almost on cue the blonde snuggled underneath the new found warmth with a smile on his face.

"G'night, kiddo." Xigbar said, and finally laid back for some well-deserved sleep.

Demyx walked through the hallways of the castle, dragging his sitar behind him. He may have been considered quite the lazy member to half of the Organization, but he always loved getting to the Grey Room before anyone else did. He could prop his feet on the tables, place his beloved instrument in his lap and play lovely pieces of music for a few hours before the other took their places.

Walking in Demyx was greeted with an interesting and surprising sight. Xigbar, his friend, and fellow co-worker was sleeping on one of the left side couches. Demyx tilted his head and walked further in. Upon the moment he did, he began to let out an "awe" before he caught himself and placed a hand on his mouth. He wasn't about to interrupt the scene he saw in front of his eyes.

Xigbar, The Free Shooter, Number II himself was sitting on the couch, eyes shut as his head leaned on one of his shoulders. Both of his legs were resting on the upper part of a coffee table, and his left hand had fallen to his side. He was breathing softly and smoothly as he was in deep rest.

However, on his lap laid the young Keyblade wielder, Roxas who was currently sleeping on his back. That alone was what made Demyx laugh to himself. One of his arms was crossed on his chest, over the blue blanket that was covering the boy's body, while the other one was hidden underneath.

The sitar player walked closer, and almost tripped on a pillow that was lying underneath one of the legs of the table. He picked it up and placed it on the other nearby sofa, and then the reasoning came to him. Roxas must have been so tired during the night, that he somehow thought that Xigbar's lap was his pillow!

Demyx couldn't hold back any longer and laughed out loud with both hands covering his mouth to muffle the noise. He reached into this coat pocket and pulled out a small silver camera, he turned it on and focused on the sleeping duo.

"I can't resist." He said with a mischievous grin on his face. After snapping several pictures, all at different angles, he quickly slid the camera away. Overly satisfied in what he managed to do.

"I can't wait to show these to Axel!" He said as he pumped the air with his fist. "Dude, he'll love them when he gets back!"

"If you even think about doing that. I'll put your 'precious' sitar where the sun don't shine." Came an all too familiar voice, which made Demyx shoulders tense up, and quickly move away from the couch to the doorway.

"You wouldn't!" He shrieked, reaching for his instrument and clutching it tightly in front of his chest.

Xigbar only grinned in playfulness. "Show Axel any one of those, Waterboy, and you'll understand just how well I've mastered space manipulation."

Demyx let out a frightened shriek and bolted from the room. He was overjoyed when he bumped into Saix by accident, without apologizing he quickly asked for a mission. Suddenly feeling as though he should do double duty that morning, with both recon and Heartless. Hoping that the blue haired Nobody's work would keep him as far away as possible from Xigbar and The Castle That Never Was.

-------

See, children? This is what I meant by "Sappy out of characterness". Another one I wrote to have some really cheap Xigxas fluff. But seriously, think about it. How many times has that happened to you?

You've fallen asleep on someone that you care about's lap and you just think that it's just better than pillow you've ever felt in your life...men. I'm nearly an adult and I've done that many times. *rolls eyes* 'Sides. It's a cute image, rather or not it's out of character for Xiggy and Roxy both.

But really, the point I'm trying to work with my verison of Roxas is that, deep inside of himself, he truly is just a child. I believe that the Organization tends to forget that he is only fourteen. Such why he seems to act more childish in my fictions. (And Xiggy's fatherliness seeps out more. You'll understand in an upcoming fiction. :36:) It's a trait from Sora I'm afraid! Mawhahaha!

Anyhow, enjoy or not! Comments and stuff are loved!~ And thanks for the feedback guys, makes me feel less shy than before! Woot! :heart:

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Re: Ponnie's Organization XIII Oneshots -Updated 2/22/10-

14 year olds don't normally act that childish xP.
Uhh..but oh well.
I really liked this one, too! It was really sweet and stuff!! <3
I feel sorry for Roxas though :( xP
~Umbra~

PowerOverNothing

Website
Re: Ponnie's Organization XIII Oneshots -Updated 2/24/10- (Larxel Angst)

@Umbra: Like I said in my converation with you, I'm just cursed in finding the really childish ones. :p Bleh! But thank you for the sweet comment, I'm really glad you enjoyed it and thought it was sweet. And yes, feel bad for little Roxas, he needs som' love in his life!

@TwilightRiku: Yay! I'm making you like Xigbar more! :36: Now that's an awesome thing within itself! Anyhow, thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it, and like how I'm doing the Xigxas relationship. ;) Teheh!

----

All right, just a quick update because I never got around to updating yesterday. I suppose it's because I was busy with a few other things. Oh well, can't blame me for getting all distracted and what not. On another message board I am quite the active little thing, and I also have a fan fiction board there as well.

Recently I've been taking requests on moods to test my skills with emotions, in doing so, one of my friends came up to me one afternoon and kindly asked me to write her some Larxel angst based on Axel's thoughts of her death. Even though I don't support these two, I couldn't turn down her request. So here is what I did for her.

----------

"Missed Chances." - 'Written for the theme 'Depressed.'"

Axel thought that the mission at Castle Oblivion would be the easiest mission that Saix ever assigned to him.

He was told to sniff out a couple of Organization traitors, keep them in line…or, given it went that far, eliminate them so that they no longer posed a threat to the Organization's plans. When Saix looked at him that day and told him his orders, he only grinned in arrogance and accepted the order without the slightest hesitation. He was ready to do what needed to be done.

But no one had told him that she would have gotten in the way of his duties. Larxene, Number XII, The Savage Nymph, she was merely another traitor to Axel’s eyes when she first saw her in the white halls where the young girl Namine was kept. She, herself, was a young woman with golden blonde hair, graceful features, and a lightning personality that nearly matched his own.

Axel knew that if there was a definition of “complicated”, Larxene filled that bill completely. He had always known that she wanted his attention, trying different ways to grasp it when she could, and toy with him countless times. Thus Axel thought that she would be simple enough to deceive and gain the information that he required.

But there was something else to her, something that Axel would never had admitted. It was the fact that when she beside him, circling his eyesight and gently blowing her emotionless kisses. Something inside of Axel’s chest jerked, and tightened. He always felt the need to advert his eyes and found it difficult to speak a compete sentence.

Was it what was called embarrassment?

It was nearly impossible to say that it was, for he was a Nobody. He could never hope to be complete or feel any form of emotion, what he thought he was feeling had to be a lie. But oh, how wonderful a lie it was! The gentle touches, the teasing in her voice, the fire in her eyes when she was angry, the pout when someone was foolish enough to disagree with her. It was all so exciting to him!

He had never felt such strong emotions unless he was his friend Roxas; although even then he wondered if it was a mere illusion. But when Larxene was there, he felt something…he felt desire.

He wanted to stay in that castle, wanted to stay beside for as long as he was able to. Tease her the way she did him, shoot back at her just to see her face darken, and then, finally, see if she felt the same for him. For the emotions he was feeling, could not possibly be wrong, could they? She would understand him underneath all of that sadism, wouldn’t she?

But what ached inside of him was the fact that he never had that moment to tell her. He was stubborn enough to keep everything inside and how it left him breathless when he found out what befell her. His final memory of them together kept replying over and over again in his mind that one cold night.

Her gentle fingers underneath his chin, and how she placed her hands over his lips. They were so close then; it would have a perfect moment. But he said nothing and did nothing; he only watched her leave with her slight wave. Then it all went down hill; they never had another moment together such as that, and only shortly afterwards she was defeated by the Keyblade Bearer.

Was he angry with the boy? Did he seek revenge for what happened to her, and that he never had his chance? Or…would he continue on his mission and simply forget that anything between them ever happened and it was, in fact, just a cruel joke based on something he longed for.

Standing in the lifeless and empty demolished hallway where she had fallen by Sora, Axel could only sigh and shut his eyes at the sight. A single hand went over his chest, where his heart should have been, as he thought back to the last few days.

All the way back to all those times where he thought things could have been different if they were not Nobodies. If they indeed had the power to feel for one another and in just one moment Axel would have told her and she would have accepted him with a playful smile, then they would have been…complete.

Axel opened his eyes and laughed in bitterness, fully understanding.

She was gone and there would be no second chances. Those emotions and memories were lost to the depths of Castle Oblivion, and there they would float in the everlasting nothingness. Axel turned and summoned a darkness portal.

He did what Saix wanted him to do. He was successful and had no more use here, and would be grateful if he never saw these dreadful white walls again. Without so much as another look, Axel disappeared into the depths of the darkness.

Axel thought that the mission at Castle Oblivion would be the easiest mission that Saix ever assigned to him.

He was wrong.

-----

Okay then. Another update to go. I'm very pleased with the feedback I am getting. Umbra, Twilight, you two are so kind. Thank you for going out of your way to comment and stuff! Enjoy my little drabble stuff and tell me what you think if you can. ;) Even if you don't like Larxel! Teheheh! I'm off! Toodles~

Last edited:

HeartOfTheHero

wow, very very very nice job!
the Xigbar/Roxas stories are very sweet, I love how you've portrayed their characters
the Larxel story was pretty good too :)

UmbraTsuki

Awards

That was really awesome~ ((as always))!
It fit the mood you were going for. And you managed to keep Axel in character even with the pairing, which is really good. I do support Larxel somewhat xD. It was awesome ^.^
~Umbra~

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

Whoa, awesome short stories! I really like 'em. That second Xiggy one got a big "awwww!" out of me. The new one was really good too. My only criticism is that there are quite a few typos (well, not a ton, but there are a fair few). Below is one paragraph from the Larxel story that I spotted a couple typos in (and a couple odd phrases).

He was told to 1snuff out a couple of Organization traitors, keep them in line…or, given 2if it went that far, eliminate 3their existence so that they no longer posed a threat to 4what they were planning on achieving. When Saix looked at him that day and told him his orders, he only grinned in arrogance and accepted the order 5with the slightest hesitation. He was ready to do what needed to be done.
1 Do you mean sniff? To snuff, means, as I know it, "to kill", which you say less than a sentence later.
2 Delete 'if' or 'given'
3 'Their existence' seems a bit long and cheesy. Just use 'them'
4 I would just say 'the Organization's plans'
5 Without

Anyway, awesome writing. Keep posting and I'll keep reading.

PowerOverNothing

Website

@HeartOfTheHero: Wow! Thank you so very much Heartofthehero! That really means a lot ot me that you liked it so much! Glad you thought my Xigxas stories were sweet. :) And that I did the characters well. Makes me happy, nonetheless. ;) Thanks!

@Umbra: Awesome as aways? Awww, you make me blush girly! I'm glad you thought that I did it well, AND that Axel was in character. I always tend to have trouble with him. Perhaps because you really just don't know what he's thinking and one minute he can be sweet, the next he can be a pain. :p So he's hard. But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@Ragnell: *takes a bow* Thank you, thank you, my good sir! I'm glad that you enjoyed them and that the second Xigxas one got an "awww" out of you. That was my whole intention, and knowing that I did it makes me QUITE happy! And thank you ever so much for the crit you gave me.

But you should know, as I stated, that I did this late at night...most likely four in the morning. Thus I was really tired and not thinking correctly. And I tend to do typos often, with my hands going at full speed...and I just don't notice things until it's too late. But I'm glad that you went out of your way to crit me. :) Was quite kind of you, good sir!

thebatman

@TwilightRiku: YES! Jump through the screen and give him love! Axel needs love in his life or he's just a SAD little man! *giggles* But thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

---------------

*rubs eyes in shock* Wow. That was HIGHLY unexpected. I didn't think that my board would get so many comments in such a short time! And so many views! Wow, you people *ARE* something else! (...Okay. Bad Axel quote there. *ahem* Sorry about that! :36:) But seriously, I'm touched by all of this. It makes me giggly as a schoolgirl to know that my humble writing is being commented on so often! It just makes me want to do more to please you guys!

Anyway. Time for another update. Before we get started here, I think it would be very safe to say that this was probably the most fluffiest crap I ever had manage to write. I don't know what got in my head to write something so fluffy and most likely SO out of character...but I did. And now you people have to suffer by reading it. I'm just SO EVIL. YOU KNOW IT.

shamisen

-----------

Rating: K.
Characters/Relationships: Father/Son Xigbar and Roxas. Brotherly Roxas and Axel. And partner-ship Xigxel. Although it's based around all three of their relationships.
Warnings?: None whatsoever. Although, too much fluff can kill you. Bewaaaaaaaare!
Word Count:Last time I checked it was in the 4,000 count.
Notes: Alright, so basically this was based on what Roxas thought of the way Xigbar treats him in the 358/2 Days story line. Just some random idea that spawned on me during a long night of no sleeping. Before I knew where this was heading I managed to speak to my mother about the idea (She loves Kingdom Hearts just as much as I do. Yessss.)...and she was the reason tha this little drabble turned into...into this beast!!

Now, understand that she loves to make theories about series she loves, and...well...she had the weirdest theory that Saix somehow went behind Axel's back and placed Xigbar as the secondary watcher of Roxas, just in case Axel screwed up with the boy, and/or died on a mission. :p And after a lot of thought, it seriously began to make a lot of sense to me. And I really like the idea. Just don't tell her that I said that, she'd kill me. So yeah, this is based on my mother's ideas. THANK YOU MOMMEH.

------------

"Hey, Axel?"

Roxas asked softly to his friend beside him. His feet were rocking back and forth as they hung awkwardly off of the edge of the two boy's favorite after work getaway. The Twilight Town stations heights clock tower. More often than not they would gather together, ice cream in their hands, and sit and talk about nonsense until the castle beckoned them for their return.

There were times as they sat together that Roxas's naive curiosity of the large world would promote him to ask questions. Always targeted at Axel, because he knew that, since the redhead was nearly ten years older then he, he would have the answers he longed for.

Axel took his stick from the ice cream from his mouth and turned to the boy, uttering a small "hmmm?" in response. Hearing that, Roxas took a breath and continued, mentally wondering how he was going to ask this properly without his friend thinking that he was crazy.

"Can I ask you something?"

Axel smiled and shifted his body around until he was facing Roxas, his eyes suddenly sparkling with interest.

"My favorite part of the day! What'cha need, buddy?" He spoke with such playfulness in his voice. He did, in fact, enjoy it when Roxas asked him such strange questions. It always made him feel the need to explain everything in as much detail as he possibly could, and act like such a know-it-all to the blonde. It always left Roxas with such a shocked expression, and made Axel feel quite wise.

"Well…I…" Roxas stuttered. It was so strange that he was going to ask Axel this, but he could admit that something had been gnawing at the back of his mind, for so long that Roxas could not have explained, and he finally wanted the truth.

"I wanted to ask you about Xigbar."

Axel's smiled faded. This was about Xigbar? Roxas always seemed to ask him about the world that he didn't understand, or even about their friend Xion (Which gave Axel the moment to give him cheap girl advice. Oh, how he loved that.), but never about the other members of the Organization. Honestly, Axel wondered if Roxas even actually acknowledged the others.

This question made Axel raise his eyebrow and lean closer, curious to know where the kid was heading.

"What about him?"

"Why does he treat me the way he does?"

It was then that Axel reached behind his head and scratched it, one habit of his that he often did when he was confused or in conflict with himself. Several answers started to flood his mind and he wondered what was the best way to go about this. He shut his eyes momentarily and thought back to the second week that he was with Roxas. The littlest member was still in his "Zombie" phase, as Axel called it, and did not speak often.

That day he had sat alone on his unmade bed in his room, the door shut. It was one of those moments where he tried to make sense of why exactly Saix had done what he did with him and Roxas. Turned around and made him the boy's guardian.

He had merely scoffed it off, figuring that it would be simple to train this boy, and with his skills make him become quite the fighter. But it was after the fourth day that he realized what Saix had truly wanted from him. He wanted Axel to raise Roxas, to be a parental figure. It was nearly impossible for Axel to do such a thing, especially with how little Roxas seemed to understand day after day.

That very same night Axel had a visitor in his room, and an unwanted one at that. It was Xigbar that walked into his room with a smug grin on his lips, explaining to the younger member of the Organization what orders he had just received from Saix.

"Doesn't take a blind man to see what's up, Axel…" Xigbar spoke as he cocked his head to the side, "You're not doing a good enough job with the kid here. Looks like ol' Saix appointed me as secondary watcher. Isn't that just peachy?"

As Axel stared at him with a confused look, he turned his back and waved his arm, emphasizing exactly what he meant.

"Saix told me that he knows you're not capable enough, you're getting too attached to him as a friend, when he needs a mentor. So, apparently he wants me to teach the boy what I know. He wants us to work together."

Axel crossed his arms and looked down at his feet. Xigbar and he had never been close to one another, and never had anything that even resembled the definition of "friendship". But what The Freeshooter had told him that night, something inside of Axel agreed to this so-called "partnership."

He knew that it would be for the best, let Axel take the role in Roxas's life as being something thought of as 'friend' in his eyes. Laugh with him during those after work ice cream that the blonde seemed to enjoy, give him advice, be there for him and protect him, as all normal friends would do for one another. And let the old man take the most difficult responsibility of all.

Raising the boy.

"Huh. I guess all that's left is we just have to shake on it, Flamsilocks." Xigbar said as he stood, holding out his right hand, waiting for Axel's answer.

Axel did not know how to truly feel about it that night, but he knew that if the Organization needed this boy to complete the Nobodies and give them their desired hearts, then someone would have to be there to help him along. And any less stress for Axel meant that he could just take it easy and let things play out as they intended.

Axel stood and took Xigbar's hand in his own.

"You have yourself a deal, old man."

Xigbar let go with a smirk, and turned to leave the room. When he reached the door he quickly turned back and pointed directly at the younger Nobody, a rather uncharacteristic serious face suddenly graced his features.

"Oh, and let's not let little Tiger in on this."

"Why not?"

"No need to give the kid any more confusion than he already has. He's still trying to figure out what's up about the whole Organization, telling him about this…well, who knows? Little dude's head might overload or something."

Axel only nodded and watched him leave. So it was settled, they were in it together to raise Roxas. Axel sat back down and placed two fingers on his head and rubbed his temple. Sweet Kingdom Hearts! That was it, he and Axel, they were literally raising Roxas like some overly dysfunctional family! Just what had he managed to get himself into—?

"Axel? Axel!"

Roxas's shrieking voice brought him back to reality, and quickly he shifted his green eyes away from the boy's blue ones. This was not the question he wanted to try and explain to Roxas. As he thought more about it, he knew that he did not want to lie to the boy about why Xigbar seemed to care so much about him, despite him being a Nobody and, in fact, not able to feel a single emotion.

But then, of course, he did not want to tell Roxas the truth, in fear that that would case far more problems and most likely sweep them both in an argument about why Axel kept this secret, and never told him sooner.

Or perhaps the whole conversation would in turn, give Roxas a headache, and become extremely awkward, extremely fast.

Axel took a deep breath and smiled.

"What do you mean? Treat you how?"

Roxas shook his head and turned away.

"You know what I mean…the way he treats me like a kid, and how he calls me 'tiger.' all the time. Why does he do that?"

Axel laughed. He knew that Xigbar tolerated Roxas from the moment he first saw him in the White Room, but even he thought that those nicknames were a bit embarrassing, for Roxas's sake and his own.

And Saix said that I was too attached to him. Xigbar's gone soft, man! He thought suddenly, but he knew that if "The Freeshooter" ever managed to read his mind, Xigbar would shoot him on sight.

Before his mind had a chance to focus back on what he was going to say in response, a badly formed answer spurted out from his lips in haste.

"Well, I'm sure he does it because he likes you. That's all."

Axel blinked. No, it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either. But it made his conscience feel a bit better than it would have had he lied to him. Quickly he changed the subject.

"Want him to stop?"

If Axel knew of Roxas's feelings towards how Xigbar handled him, then he could tell the elder member later on and perhaps they could come to a compromise.

After that reached his ears, it was then that Roxas sighed, and began to fiddle with his own ice cream stick.

"No, Axel. It's not that I don't like it. It's just…"

Roxas looked away and Axel leaned over and placed a hand on his shoulder, gently encouraging him to continue.

"It's what, buddy?"

"I feel like…I just want to thank him." Roxas suddenly said sheepishly. He turned his head away from Axel, in fear that he would see that a soft pink color had reached his cheeks. Roxas always felt shy when doing something special for his friends, and this was no small exception despite that he and Xigbar were not close.

"He deserves that much, don't he?"

It was then that Axel's clever little gears in his mind began to spin. He could always get back at Xigbar for putting him in this sort of position with Roxas. Oh yes, it would perfect since it was Xigbar's fault after all. He was the one who treated the boy this way, and made him feel awkward, so the blame fell on him alone, right?

Axel rubbed his hands together and let out a smooth and somewhat evil laugh. He would suggest that Roxas would do something so embarrassing to Xigbar that he would defiantly get his well-deserved payback for Xigbar doing the same to him.

Roxas looked at him with a curious expression, wondering just what he found so humorous. But before he had a chance to ask, Axel spoke once more.

"Well, Roxas. You know, you could always…hug him."

Roxas's face suddenly contracted into a odd look. What was a hug? He had never heard of the word before, and surely never seen anyone do it to anyone, at lest, not in the Organization. Was it something that you do when you want to thank someone?

"A…hug?" He said, his eyes half-lidded in confusion.

Axel reached up and stretched his head once more, before plucking the air with his free hand, suggesting that he come closer. Roxas did as he wanted and quickly the redhead wrapped both his arms around Roxas's body and held him close to his chest.

"Axel?" He spoke through a muffled voice.

"See, Roxas? This is a hug."

Roxas closed his eyes for a moment and let the feeling of being held sweep over him. It felt really nice, and he wondered why Axel never did this to him before.

So, if this was what was called a hug, and something that you apparently did when you wanted to thank someone for treating you nicely, then he would gladly do it to Xigbar!

Roxas pulled away from Axel and smiled at him softly.

"I think I'll do that Axel. I'll invite Xigbar up here and give him that! Yeah, it'll be perfect!"

All Axel could do was laugh at the sudden image that flowed into his mind. Trying to picture Xigbar, tough and serious Xigbar sitting up here on the clock tower, sharing ice cream with Roxas was nothing short of gold! Oh Axel, you monster! Your little mind has the most wonderful ideas sometimes!

-------

The very next day, Roxas walked into the Grey Room after a painfully troublesome mission at Halloween Town. (He could not begin to describe his distaste for that trio of pranksters…) And he was surprised to see that Xigbar was sitting on one of the couches to the left of him.

His feet were propped up on the nearest coffee table and his arms were folded over his chest, and he seemed to look quite bored as he looked out the window to the Kingdom Hearts moon. Roxas walked over to the Nobody and spoke.

"Hey Xigbar."

Xigbar looked up at the boy with the slightest of interest and gave a quick grin.

"Hey there, kiddo. What's up?"

Roxas smiled and leaned forward on the arm of the couch, he knew that this would be the perfect time to try.

"Are you finished with your missions?"

"Sure am. Why? Need something?"

Roxas looked back at Axel who was in the middle of talking to Saix about his current missions and noticed that he nodded his approval. Roxas then summoned a darkness portal with the flick of his wrist, and turned to face Xigbar who was standing up and walking over to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep. I want to take you somewhere."

Xigbar looked at Roxas and then over at Axel, wondering just what the young Nobodies had planned for him. He was about to question their motives, before Axel walked over and flung an arm around Xigbar's shoulder. He turned his head and smiled in the way that Xigbar absolutely hated seeing.

"Come oooon Xiggy, you need a little relaxation now and again. Are you really going to turn 'im down on the offer?"

Xigbar shot a pricing glare at Axel and shrugged his arm off of his shoulder. Whatever they did have planned, it most likely was not in Xigbar's best interest and was probably going to end badly. But nevertheless, he nodded.

"Fine kiddies, I'll play along."

Roxas took that answer, and grabbed a hold of Xigbar's coat sleeve, forcefully pulling him into the darkness portal, as a little child would drag their parent into a candy store.

Xigbar shot a final death glare at Axel before he disappeared into the depths of the darkness. Once they were gone, Axel broke out into laughter. Saix then walked up behind him and gave him a questioning look.

"I only pray, Axel, that you will insist to me that Xigbar will come back to the castle in one piece?"
Axel only shook his head.

"I can't make that promise, Saix."

----------

Walking up the stairs to the clock tower, Roxas noticed that the view over Twilight Town was incredibly beautiful this one quiet evening, of course he knew that since the town was forever in the time of sunset it always stayed the same. But today…the sun seemed to shine so brightly, giving the town below a warm glow. Roxas smiled and walked over, waiting for Xigbar to follow.

After a moment Xigbar slowly came behind him, and looked curiously over the ledge that they were now standing on. He had never been to this world before, and it was all-together different than most worlds Saix had sent him, it was peaceful and seemed to have children running about every now and again.
Watching Roxas take a seat on the ledge, something inside of him still wondered why the boy brought him here.

"Isn't it great, Xigbar?" Roxas said, as he turned his head to him, trying to get him to sit down.

"Me, Xion and Axel come here almost everyday and watch the sunset."

Xigbar hesitantly flung his legs over the edge and sat a few feet away from the blonde, his hands gripping the brick underneath to steady himself as he crossed his legs. He placed his arm on his knee and laid his chin in his palm as he looked at Roxas.

"Then why bring me here, kiddo?"

Roxas didn't answer at first, only pulled out two bars of sea-salt ice cream that he managed to purchase on the way. He reached out and handed one to Xigbar, who placed his hand over Roxas's and merely looked at the bar curiously.

"I thought you needed a little something extra for all you do for me. A little…you know, icing on the cake?" He said with a small chuckle, remembering Axel's words from long ago.

"Xigbar, its ice cream. You eat it." Roxas said after seeing that Xigbar was still looking at Roxas and the bar strangely.

Xigbar nodded and took a bite of the blue prickly ice cream, and then suddenly wished to Kingdom Hearts above that he hadn't. Oh, it tasted awful! He silently wondered if that was Roxas's plan all along. The reason that he brought Axel, and Xion, and now himself, to this place to eat this---this---whatever it was…

It was because Roxas was trying to poison them! And the only reason that he kept bringing them back is because he hadn't managed to do it correctly yet. Yes, that had to be it. He really wished that when became a Nobody that, in addition to losing his heart, that he would have lost his taste buds as well.

He almost moaned aloud until he looked at Roxas and saw that the boy was still watching his every move with the same smile. So he regrettably allowed himself to swallow some of the dreadful ice cream, and hid away his shudder from the blue eyes and masking it with a lying:

"That was very…interesting."

He then snickered and reached over to ruffle his hair playfully, and as Roxas's head was down and his hands were trying to pry Xigbar's own off of his hair, the Freeshooter swiftly discarded the ice cream bar off the side of the clock tower.

When Roxas straightened himself back to his normal position, Xigbar then spoke.

"What did you mean by that, Roxas?"

Chewing on his own sea salt bar, Roxas turned his head and uttered a curious 'Hmm,' to the older man.

"What you said back there, about what I do for you. What did'cha mean?"

Roxas took his ice cream stick out of his mouth and pushed it aside, he turned his body around and looked at Xigbar with all the seriousness he could manage.

"You know. How you always look out for me, teach me things that even Axel doesn't know, and go out of your way to help me."

Xigbar scoffed, he didn't feel as though this sort of behavior required special attention.

"Well, that's my job, kid."

"I know, but…you don't have to do it for me…"

Roxas trailed off and then moved closer and before Xigbar could say another word in response, the young member threw his arms around him. They were nearly touching behind Xigbar's back and his head was softly resting on his jacket, as Roxas merely clung more fervently, hoping he was doing it as Axel had done.

Xigbar sat there, arms out, frozen in pure surprise at what he was doing. He couldn't recall the last time someone had taken him into his or her arms and hugged him. In fact, he wouldn't have been surprised if this was the first time had actually been embraced. He looked down at the boy and let his hovering arms fall down to his side.

"What…what are you doing, Roxas?" He asked, clearing his throat and cursing himself for letting the blonde see him stuttering nervously.

"I guess…I just wanted to thank you, Xigbar. For all that you do for me…It--it means a lot, you know."

Slowly Xigbar smiled a pure genuine smile, not one of his well-known grins or a smirk, but an honest smile at the little one in his arms. He reached his arms around and returned the embrace. It was a moment of weakness, surely he would agree with himself later, but if this were the only moment in his Nobody life that Xigbar would allow himself for feel for any of his fellow members, he would gladly choose this time.

"You're welcome, little tiger. I'm more than pleased to do it." He said softly as he patted his back, and Roxas smiled. This made it all worth it.

----

Upon returning to The Castle That Never Was, Roxas leaped out of the darkness portal first, and franticly waved Axel down from the hallway. When the young man came over with a smile, Roxas began to speak in a quick and cheerful voice.

"You were right, Axel! The hug thing worked!"
Axel crossed his arms and basked in the glory of his ability to create such wonderful ideas with such amazing skill, when suddenly a voice ran from the entrance of the Grey Room.

"It certainly did, Axel." Xigbar said in an eerily calm voice that he was not used to hearing, it made his arms drop and chuckle in nervousness. He knew that The Freeshooter was probably quite steamed with what he made the boy do, and was more than likely about to punish Axel severely in front of Roxas's eyes.

"You. Of all people, using mind games, Flame-Boy? Using little Roxas here to get back at me for embarrassing you somehow? The way you deviously used the kid to set me up in Twilight Town, make me eat…ice--ice cream and partake in an embrace that is highly out of my character? I'm surprised at you!" Xigbar shook his head and placed both of his hands on his hips.

"So, huh, what does that mean, Xigbar?" Axel uttered from behind Roxas, (Who was currently in the middle of them both.) he stood unmoving as Xigbar circle around both members and soon enough Axel's head began to spin with dizziness from watching him.

"It means," he said as he walked next to Axel and placed a hand on his shoulder, making The Flurry of Dancing Flames flinch at the touch.

"It means that I like the way your little mind works, dude! You're all right!" Xigbar said and gave Axel a firm slap on his back.

Axel blinked; this was not the reaction that he was expecting. He quickly shrugged Xigbar's arm off and backed up against the wall, crossing his arms once again. When he looked up at both men in front of him, he was sporting a grin that matched his elder's.

"Well, what's a little fun among friends, am I right?"

Roxas let a small gasp escape his lips when he heard him utter that line, he looked over at Axel and then at Xigbar hopefully.

"So, does that mean we're friends now?"

A still silence then flooded the room. For a moment none of them dared to move, until Xigbar and Axel turned and looked at one another. Playfulness shined in their eyes mixed with a quick flash of understanding.

We can make this work.

They nodded simultaneously. It was a partner-ship then. Still such a strange concept to their minds. Although it was no longer as utterly insane that they had once thought almost two months ago. This was the step in the right direction.

Xigbar walked over and threw his left arm around Axel's shoulder once again and was pleased when the redhead did the same to him.

"It sure does, Roxas." They both uttered at once, and Roxas's eyes lit up.

Xigbar was his friend now too; oh he couldn't want to tell Xion about this amazing news! As he looked through the halls he was excited to see her coming out of a darkness portal. Perfect timing, Xion!
And as quickly as he stood there staring, he was off and running through the halls to Naught's Skyway to try and catch up with Xion.

"Xion! Hey, Xion! Guess what!" He began to cry as he vanished from their eyesight.

As the two men watched the child go, Xigbar smiled and Axel merely laughed at Roxas's energy. He would never understand where inside of him that he managed to stored all of that hyperactivity. Xigbar turned his head and locked his single golden eye with him, as he sighed quietly.

"Ya know…he's a good kid, Axel."

Axel only smiled.

"Yeah, he sure is."

--------------------

facepalm

Sigh. This is probably the most cavity enducing thing ever? Ain't that right my little...peps? Anyhow. Let it be known that I believe in this theory now, after I had wrote it. I managed to sit down and replay Days and it just...well it MADE SENSE to me. It was just like "POOF!" Roxas and Xigbar had a relationship that was truthfully OUT of nowhere!

The first few days he didn't really care about Roxas, and as the game went on...there was that POOF! So this is my verison of what might have happened. ;) Goodness knows that Saix probably thought something similiar to that during Days. :p

Still, let it be known that I had NO beta reader for this fan fiction, and most likely there are a few typos and off things. But if you do indeed see something that doesn't need to be there, just like the kind man before, tell me nicely. :)

And still. Enjoy the fan fiction, and my utter SAP. Or not! Whatever pleases you! Comments and stuff are loved as always! I'm so happy with the compliments, let me tell ya that~! :heart: Toodles!!

UmbraTsuki

Awards
LOL that was awesome xD. I loved it! :D
Hahaha too bad Xigbar didn't like the icecream...xD.
But that was so sweet~
All the hugs <3
Yay~
:D
~Umbra~

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Wow, I'm quite impressed that your mom likes Kingdom Hearts enough to give you ideas for theories and such. My mom likes Kingdom Hearts as well, not as much as yours, but she likes to watch me and my brother play from time to time. But, whatever, back to the story. I really liked that story, it was very sweet. I liked Xigbar's reaction to eating the ice cream; he always did seem like the kind of guy the doesn't like sweet stuff. I also liked the ending; Roxas' reaction to Xigbar becoming his friend and getting along with Axel was so good to see. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

HeartOfTheHero

lol, I absolutely loved that, it was so cute!

Oh Axel, you monster! Your little mind has the most wonderful ideas sometimes!

i think this was my favorite line, lol
great idea, having Axel try to get back at Xigbar by using Roxas, I was laughing the whole time I was reading :)

huanglulu

s1elleface That is a cute fanfiction you have written ponnie i like the first, second and fourth one alot. Roxas having a bad dream and Xigbar consoling him is just too cute i like the fourth one too where Axel trick Roxas into giving Xigbar a hug. i like how Axel marvellous little tricky mind can work s1ruckysta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back