• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Polytheism

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Polytheism vs. Monotheism

• Poly

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Mono

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Um... Hinduism, Buddhism and countless other Polytheistic religions are still pursued today. Just not as much as they used to be.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah. Just never hear anyone talking about those religions in America.

I know quite a few people with those religions listed above and they have no problem with talking about it. Half of the time they'll be the ones to start off the discussions about it.

There are still a good amount of people who are polytheistic even in America.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Well, while America's population is diverse, America mostly consists of Christians so... Yeah, talks about it are rare just about everywhere. At least in large groups I mean.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Isn't Christianity technically polytheistic since there's the Trinity and everything?

Or am I just being stupid?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Isn't Christianity technically polytheistic since there's the Trinity and everything?

Or am I just being stupid?

That's one thing religions like Muslims have against Christendom.

I personally would technically consider the trinity doctrine a polytheistic belief. However, not all Christian denominations believe in that doctrine.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Maybe this is just me, but if there's more than one God, then there's an infinity of them, because if there's a God for all the subdivisions of whatever, there'd end up being an unlimited number of them.

C

Crossroads

∞;4349869 said:
Maybe this is just me, but if there's more than one God, then there's an infinity of them, because if there's a God for all the subdivisions of whatever, there'd end up being an unlimited number of them.

That makes my head hurt thinking about it. haha

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Yeah, a fiction writer kind of also helped me come to such a conclusion.

Neil Gaiman ftw.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
∞;4349869 said:

Infinite? That's hard to comprehend. Still I [slightly] get your point.

I look at it this way anyway, anyone or anything that is worshiped or some type of exclusive devotion and dedication is given to in effect is a god. Be it money, a job, any object, a famous person, a hobby, or even an idea, all these things can be gods to people. Then add that to the already existing billions of deities, this would be giving us an almost endless combination to what can be considered a god.

But as personally I believe, there's only one true God. All the rest of these gods are worshiped in vain.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
Buddhism isn't a polytheistic religion... in fact they do not believe in a high being per ce.... Buddhists believe there is a higher state of "enlightenment", which is different.

A

Azrael

∞;4349869 said:

I find that more plausible that one omnipotent God who can make everything all peachy yet doesn't.

At least the "Old Gods" were human imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back