• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pollux Engine = Days FM & Wii Port?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaniagan

alright so I want to tell you the basic idea of the Pollux Engine, it was created by Square-enix to work with a game called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echos of Time a game that was released on both the nintendo wii and nintendo ds this past year using this engine SE is able to port (I believe) any nintendo ds game to the wii console allowing for minor graffic updates and online play between wii and ds.

now this is pure speculation i remind you but as some of you may recal it was confimed that no remake would be made of KH358/2Days not leaving a final mix out of the question. We also know that the DS carts used for Days were pushed to the max when it came to content (which would likely explain how over half of the days were unplayable) and that a wii disc could hold much more content then said carts (not even including disc swaping). so i present you with this what if the pollux engine was utilized to port, upgrade and add content to days on the nintendo wii system making a final mix (not speculating on content) that would be compatible for wifi play with the nintendo ds?

I would also like to point out that information on the engine is scarce so it may be that the game required this engine to be in place during development however from the what i have gathered I dont believe that to be the case.

questions, comments?

Last edited:

DeltasLight

Sounds like a good idea for SE to make the FM on Wii system. I have heard of Echoes of Time, and I thought that it was pretty neat that both the games from DS and Wii were the same game, and were able to Multiplayer, regardless of what system the game was being played on.

If SE did make a FM, this would probably be the best way to do it, in my opinion.

UnstoppableSound

alright so I want to tell you the basic idea of the Pollux Engine, it was created by Square-enix to work with a game called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echos of Time a game that was released on both the nintendo wii and nintendo ds this past year using this engine SE is able to port (I believe) any nintendo ds game to the wii console allowing for minor graffic updates and online play between wii and ds.

now this is pure speculation i remind you but as some of you may recal it was confimed that no remake would be made of KH358/2Days not leaving a final mix out of the question. We also know that the DS carts used for Days were pushed to the max when it came to content (which would likely explain how over half of the days were unplayable) and that a wii disc could hold much more content then said carts (not even including disc swaping). so i present you with this what if the pollux engine was utilized to port, upgrade and add content to days on the nintendo wii system making a final mix (not speculating on content) that would be compatible for wifi play with the nintendo ds?

I would also like to point out that information on the engine is scarce so it may be that the game required this engine to be in place during development however from the what i have gathered I dont believe that to be the case.

questions, comments?

Ah THAT was the Pollux Engine? I remember playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on the Wii. It was mildly entertaining. The graphics weren't the problem for me though. It was the size of the screen. It looked like a YouTube video or something. Not a fan of that. If they did do that to 358/2 Days, then the graphic update would have to be significant, and the screen would have to be full for it to be worth it.

A

Audo

There's a new DS cart that is twice the size of Days' now. If they were to make a FM, they'd probably just use that.

A

Azrael

questions, comments?
If a Wii port were made, I expect to be Japan-only.

Xaniagan

Ah THAT was the Pollux Engine? I remember playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on the Wii. It was mildly entertaining. The graphics weren't the problem for me though. It was the size of the screen. It looked like a YouTube video or something. Not a fan of that. If they did do that to 358/2 Days, then the graphic update would have to be significant, and the screen would have to be full for it to be worth it.

I have been away for a while now so sorry for bringing this thread out of the graveyard but i think its still a worthy discussion.

now for what im quoting. I looked up echoes of time wii on youtube now (for gameplay footage it was the ign review) and i gotta say i didnt know that the game was boxed like that and was quite surprised. however i dont think that it would be a problem for a port/fm of days for one important reason. days does not use the touch screen. half a truth i know but in all honesty minus the panel screen before missions its not used at all (surprisingly even to start the game or choose your character in multiplayer) and the second screen is mainly used for a map which could go to the start menu or be regulated to a corner of the screen. i dont even think you need pointing for this game i personally used the dpad on the panel screen instead of the touch screen, much easier imo.

also i do think that this is likely (and to have an international release) for one good reason. if and when this is ported to the wii it is only a hop skip and a jump away from going multi-platform to the psp, ps2 (and if memory serves you can hook your psp up to your ps3 to play the game on your tv) and that means extra cash for SE. just saying :)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This would work. It could also be why the Touch Screen is only for the Camera if Square, Disney, and Nintendo had this in mind. That way they could just get rid of the second screen and put a Map in the Corner like in was in KH2.

I doubt this will happen though :(

I wonder how it would be to play a KH game on Wii. Swinging a Remote to use the Keyblade. Joystick on Nunchuck to move. Up, Down on Wii Mote to select Action... Then you accidently swing when you want to use Fire. Maybe Swing to Select...

I see this as complicated but fun.

Was days made on the Pollux Engine though?

Xaniagan

This would work. It could also be why the Touch Screen is only for the Camera if Square, Disney, and Nintendo had this in mind. That way they could just get rid of the second screen and put a Map in the Corner like in was in KH2.

I doubt this will happen though :(

I wonder how it would be to play a KH game on Wii. Swinging a Remote to use the Keyblade. Joystick on Nunchuck to move. Up, Down on Wii Mote to select Action... Then you accidently swing when you want to use Fire. Maybe Swing to Select...

I see this as complicated but fun.

Was days made on the Pollux Engine though?

I have no idea what engine it was made or whether or not the game needs to be developed with Pollux in mind or not like i said the information seems limited (at least to english speaking people).

Also im going to guess you dont have a nintendo wii :p google Classic Controller Pro its basically a PS2 controller and is being used in Japan right now for games like Monster Hunter Tri and Samurai Warriors 3 (both of which do not support Wiimote play to my knowledge) it seems like it would be alot less awkward (like the way you described) and seamless if you going from PS2-Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back