• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Poll:Opninions on the time travel mechanic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do u like the time travel mechanic

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamibakura

Did u like it?Did it affect the story nicely or do u think it made the game unecessery complicated?Alos do like YMX as the time traveller or ASDOD?

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There is no poll. Thought I should point that out

Anyway, I think time travel is hands down one of the worst additions to the series. The way it is used is so contrived and made the story more of a mess. If you wanted to bring back certain characters, you could have done it with so many better options.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dislike it cause it was honestly completely unnecessary and only added unneeded convolution.
With recompletion needing time travel to bring 13 Xehanorts back wasn't needed.

Nomura had the sense to limit Xehanorts time travel but I still dislike it for it being unnecessary.

As for YX or RF it don't matter to me either way cause they were both are techinacally the traveler to me. Ansem made YX a traveler and was there in the start at Destiny Islands then it shifted to YX.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
why is it not a poll?does it need some sort f qualificiation?

Because it has no poll options perhaps?
I certainly do not see any, lol.

For a thread to be a poll, the "qualification" it would need would be in fact at least two poll options.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I don't think you can add a poll to a thread that doesn't have one. You'll have to start over.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Still going to answer anyways...

I half-liked. While it gave a good twist and showing the various of Xeheanorts for the 13 darkness, I felt like time traveling was too cliche.

Gram

Banned
Awards
didit find it.where is the poll option?

Huh...I could've swore there was one. O_0 Oh well. The only other means I know of is if a mod can add one.

For future reference though when your making a thread theres an option at the bottom to add a poll, just click it when you make one next time. =3

5glitchers5

Awards
Did u like it?Did it affect the story nicely or do u think it made the game unecessery complicated?Alos do like YMX as the time traveller or ASDOD?

This, recompletion, and Nobodies growing hearts to me was the worst addition to the series, oh and Xehanort. Although I don't mind Xehanort, I would've rather Ansem have been his own villain and the series wouldn't need to be as complex, plus there doesn't need to be sagas/ chronicles so they could make a villain for one game if they wanted to.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I find time travel the worst personally. Nobodies growing feelz/hearts sure, they didn't ever act all that emotionless anyway but characters coming back via recompletion is annoying.
If he was gonna do time travel then recompletion wasn't necessary. The only one he'd really needed to have made a reason for coming back was Xehanort/Terra would could've been blamed on Xemnas merging with his false, but damaged, kingdom hearts.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Time travel has genuinely ruined this series for me. I still love it but no where near as much as I did before Dream Drop Distance. Saying that however I do enjoy the amount of questions being raised with the new cutscenes, enough so to forget about the time travel (even if I kinda cant cause there's a f*cking pre pubescent Xehanort walking about being a bad man now)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think what annoys me most is that we have time travel and recompletion. I can see one or the other as being a means of doing what Nomura wants but I think both was truly overdoing it. Granted recompletion has been a thing since KH2 but still....

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think what annoys me most is that we have time travel and recompletion. I can see one or the other as being a means of doing what Nomura wants but I think both was truly overdoing it. Granted recompletion has been a thing since KH2 but still....

But isn't this exactly what makes the time travel so aggravating?
We have the recompletion thingy since KH 2 and the "everything can have a heart"-fact has at least been hinted at ever since CoM (Days and KH 2 played around with the controversy for all that was worth it), Coded blatantly pointed at it without directly naming it while DDD just gave us the confirmation on it.
With these two elements (recompletion and "everything can have/gain a heart) we already had every tool necessary to fascillate the events of DDD without the use of any time travel (even entering the Realm of Sleep could have been done easier and more comprehensible) with already established concepts of the series itself, but Nomura simply had to overload it by adding the time travel into the mix as well.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't hate it but I do dislike it more than I like it. They probably could've come up with an easier to understand solution but once you learn everything it's pretty cool actually. Nomura made sure to limit it so not everyone uses it and it's a lot different than other ways I've seen time travel used.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But isn't this exactly what makes the time travel so aggravating?
We have the recompletion thingy since KH 2 and the "everything can have a heart"-fact has at least been hinted at ever since CoM (Days and KH 2 played around with the controversy for all that was worth it), Coded blatantly pointed at it without directly naming it while DDD just gave us the confirmation on it.
With these two elements (recompletion and "everything can have/gain a heart) we already had every tool necessary to fascillate the events of DDD without the use of any time travel (even entering the Realm of Sleep could have been done easier and more comprehensible) with already established concepts of the series itself, but Nomura simply had to overload it by adding the time travel into the mix as well.

That's exactly why it's so aggravating. He has three concepts right there and rather than using one or two in a simple manner he threw all three in making one big mess of confusion.

Had time travel been the only excuse I wouldn't have minded cause it'd have been simple. Xehanort explains his rules clearly so that'd make it easy to understand who all the members were at the end.
The only excuse he'd have had to think up was why Xehanort returned yet again which would be simple enough given Xemnas merged with his kh in kh2. Or heck there's even the Realm of Sleep to work with where sleeping hearts go.

Had it been just one of those concepts fine but nope, can't have it the simple way. Heck personally, of all the concepts there, I'd have preferred just time travel as the excuse opposed to all three. It's the simplest and most restriction concept and the only explaining needed would be the present Xehanorts return which one could easily do given how Xehanort monologues.

Smithee

Awards
It...

1. ...turned MX into Aizen 2.0.

2. ...made TAV suffer for nothing, thus technically worsening their "torment."

3. ...retconned BBS, the best side game, into pointlessness.

4. ...made all the other characters, hero and villain alike, look much weaker and dumber.

5. ...raised 10-20 questions while only answering 1-2 others.

Anagram

Banned
I voted no. I felt time travel was stupid and thrown in just to be there. I did not like DDD for other reasons either.

NowakiMagica

Website
www.nowaki-magica.blogspot.com
As much as I love Kingdom Hearts, time travelling completely ruined it.
(Even though, KH will be my favourite game-series ever)

Anyway, this whole time-travelling-thing was so poorly explained. I can't really imagine how it actually works and urghs. KH is really complicated as we all know, and I had to reread and replay a lot of scenes and stuff to actually get all the details in my mind, but time travelling is just the most illogically and dull thing ever.
I was impressed because of the plot twist (you know, 13 vessels, nobodies actually have hearts, and so on..) but I bet there could be thousand other ways to explain this better than by time travelling... Ah, I don't want to complain any further. I hope there will be more explanation and more details to all of this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back