• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Poll:Opninions on the time travel mechanic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do u like the time travel mechanic

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some guy

I don't dislike Xehanort's time travel (can't say I like it either), just because it was explained well within the game itself. It also explained some things (MF, Xemnas & Ansem SoD returning, and Xehanort's insight) while keeping all the other games' stories intact.

I mean, come on! This is the least convoluted take on time travel I've seen ... And the fact that it can't be abused is also good.

Anyways, after Xehanort is dealt with, I don't think we'll see it again (rejoice!) ... although there are still some time travelling wizards in KH.

Anagram

Banned
And the fact that it can't be abused is also good.

This is the only plus I can give the whole time travel crap in DDD. Xehanort said he couldn't alter anything bluntly in-scene. After he said that I quit caring or trying to figure it out. All that matters to me is he can't go around making alt timelines or rewriting it or other overly used crap.

Samhain

Bronze Member
This is the only plus I can give the whole time travel crap in DDD. Xehanort said he couldn't alter anything bluntly in-scene. After he said that I quit caring or trying to figure it out. All that matters to me is he can't go around making alt timelines or rewriting it or other overly used crap.
And yet he still technically did with having a past reincarnation Ansem SoD going to Young MX and telling him what will happen

It's a crock of shit.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I have no problem with the fact that there seems to be no real in death KH, even though it cheapens the sacrifices if everyone can come back no matter what.
But I don't like how almost everything in DDD is about a convoluted different way to time travel. Nomura basically just invented it so Xehanort can have his little party with his other selves, it's not only specifically made for him but also completely overpowered and useless at the same time. In other words it's dumb, but I still have hope KHIII will redeem DDD in one way or another.

Anagram

Banned
And yet he still technically did with having a past reincarnation Ansem SoD going to Young MX and telling him what will happen

It's a crock of shit.
He technically didn't because nothing changes. You only get parallels and rewrites if history is altered in some way which doesn't happen cause RPGs second most overused trope of memory loss. It's still a paradox though. Being in the present that is.

It is definitely a crock though.

Fortissimo

I voted yeah because it doesn't bother me. In reality i'm neutral; I don't really care. I"ll admit it does seem like a copout but given the other plot elements of the series, sure why not.
Pepper it in.

Hovhannes1998

Like many above, I think the time travel mechanism made the game far too complicated for my tastes; however, I do believe this was necessary as the first games introduced some ideas not yet explained. The only way to explain and keep the story going was to add the concept of time travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back