• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[POLL] Mar-look-sha or Mar-loo-sha?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mar-look-sha or Mar-loo-sha?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartOfTheHero

I used to say Mar-luk-sia, and when I got ReCoM and they said Mar-loo-sha I was like "WHAT?? that sounds even more like a girl's name!!!" but now I just say Mar-loo-sha since I've been playing ReCoM so much.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I pronounced it MAR-LUKE-SEE-YA or MAR-LOOK-SEE-YA i refused to call him MAR-LOO-SHA

Even while playing Re:CoM I was like "WTF? Stop saying it like that!"

The true Areku23

Awards
PEOPLE, It's MAR-LOOK-SEE-A, The japanese don't interperet an "X" the same way we do. And the Square Enix over here was too steeoopid to properly translate the game.

Xion is a different case because the X is at the front of here name.

And if some of you think I wrong, tell me, why do we call Roxas "ROXAS" instead of "ROSHAS", ASHEL instead of ASHEL, or even or VESHEN instead of Vexen.

Stupid square Enix and thier dubbing failure.

Kitsune_XIII

And if some of you think I wrong, tell me, why do we call Roxas "ROXAS" instead of "ROSHAS", ASHEL instead of ASHEL, or even or VESHEN instead of Vexen.

Um... maybe because in the Japanese clips, that's how THEY say it?
Or maybe because the characters used to create their names have a different sound because of a " mark next to them?

Or MAYBE it's even because the English 'X' doesn't have a sound of it's own? It can sound like 'sh' it can sound like 'zz' or it can sound like 'ks'. It all depends on where it falls in a word/name and what comes after and before it.
Could also be that Marly's name is supposed to sound French-ish. And unless I'm mistaken, the 'sha' sound of 'xia' is French or at least French-based.

Last edited:

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I say Mar-lukes-e-a. I always have.

I don't like saying his name as Mar-loosh-ia because it sounds.. strange.

sassysis10

I like saying it Mar-lucks-ia. I've always said it that way. I know Mar-loosh-ia is the right way to say it, but I don't like saying it that way.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I've always pronounced it Mar-Lux-ee-a.
Don't care if it's wrong that's how I say it.

But honestly, what's the point of this thread?

Cloaked_Assassin

I never said it as Mar-look-sha or Mar-loo-sha. When I first saw his name I pronounced it as Mar-lux-eya, since that was how it was spelled. Honestly I think Mar-lux-eya sounds manlier than Mar-loo-sha, but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back