• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Poll for London Philharmonic Orchestra VG music, KH ranking high

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be purchasing the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Soundtrack

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wykin2

IGN has a new poll letting you vote for what video game series you think has the greatest video game music. Kingdom Hearts is currently in 3rd place! Go to Vote for The Greatest Video Game Music - IGN to vote for Kingdom Hearts and help make it #1 on the list before the poll closes. If the Kingdom Hearts series doesn't have your favorite video game music, what are you doing here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Vote Kingdom Hearts For Greatest Video Game Music On IGN

Kingdom Hearts is in second place, don't let Skyrim beat it!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: IGN greatest music poll, KH ranking highly

I was hoping The World Ends With You would be on that list tbh but alas. It's not. Voted for KH then.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yet another poll that leads into heated debate and discussion (my insert whatever is better than you insert whatever).

Think a good bit of people are having that caught in the moment syndrome. Because I just noticed that Legend of Zelda and even Uncharted and many other games missing from that list just saying.

Got to go with Sonic the Hedgehog after playing some of them that I didn't get to play as a kid those songs are just too memorable even over Kingdom hearts IMO.

wykin2

Whoa! Who hijacked my thread and changed the heading and closed the poll?

Oh I see. It was Orion. Who's Orion? And why'd you screw up my poll?

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Whoa! Who hijacked my thread and changed the heading and closed the poll?
I did. We don't encourage people making threads to the effect of "This is happening, go over there and do this", plus I changed the title to reflect what was actually being voted on. Previously it was just about IGN having a poll about the greatest VG music, but you missed out on the part about it being performed by the London Philharmonic.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, Kingdom Hearts is the only series that I have all the soundtracks for, and obsessively listen to the music from. So I am definitely choosing that one.

Also I assume he changed your thread because we already have a music thread where we discuss the soundtracks and such. Also, you shouldn't double post, just edit your previous one.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Balls. Tits. kupo.

I don't know who to vote for. As much as I like Kingdom Hearts, you can find a lot of amazing KH music by listening to the soundtracks of the various games, and also Shimomura's Drammatica album.

There are tons of great games on here, but who to choose?

Batman, or Chrono Trigger? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU....

kupo it, I'll go with Batman. I already have orchestra versions of the Chrono Trigger soundtrack anyway.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Well, voted for Kingdom Hearts, but it doesn't seem like it's going to beat out the competition with the Elder Scroll apostles flocking.
And anyway, KH has been treated rather nicely by the New Japan Philharmonic, so I don't feel particularly down about it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I just noticed that Legend of Zelda and even Uncharted and many other games missing from that list just saying.

Keep in mind, IGN stated that the first album they released had Zelda on it so maybe they don't want to do Zelda again (though the Zelda soundtrack has many songs to choose from) and then IGN said that whoever wins this poll win get one song on the soundtrack. Perhaps orchestra already chose Uncharted to be on the soundtrack so they don't need to put it on the list. Sadly, KH is now in 3rd place...but I'd say that is amazing considering it hasn't had nearly as much popularity or publicity as Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim have had lately (what with the bad ending and the arrow to the knee references).

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Oh okay when I first posted in the thread I thought it was just which game had some of the best music ever.

I still stand by my statement that a good bit of people voting for games like ME3 and Skyrim have that caught in the moment syndrome feels like their voting for the newer crap without even giving notice to the older one like I'm actually disappointed that Metal Gear Solid 3 isn't higher actually.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Of all video game music to come in first it's Skyrim? Skyrim had a few good tracks, but it is nowhere near the best. :x

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Sora2016

That's pretty much what I'm saying. Seeing a name and just voting for it I'm not saying games like ME3 or Skyrim have bad music, but how can it beat out others like Metal Gear Solid 3 it's nothing to be taken seriously though.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah, they are probably voting for their favorite game as apposed to the music within it.

I wouldn't be shocked if people don't remember the music from KH1 or KH2 (since I bet most of the IGN fanbase hasn't played the recent entries) or MGS3, so they are just choosing the most recent music they remember instead of actually going and listening to the music which is clearly superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back