• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

political correctness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soki

is anyone besides me friggin annoyed with political correctness,be honest.why does it friggin exist?it serves no actual purpose. paris hilton does more for society! why not discuss it

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
is anyone besides me friggin annoyed with political correctness,be honest.why does it friggin exist?it serves no actual purpose. paris hilton does more for society! why not discuss it

If you weigh up what Paris Hilton does, and the art of being politically correct, i'm pretty sure the latter does more than the former.

Political correctness exists as a form of protection, we can't have people mouthing off their ill opinions to the rest of society as it may cause offense and instigate several social issues, which will increase government spending in orderto solve the communal matter, more likely influenced by the tax payers or loans from abroad...

It can't be argued on the grounds of freedom, as pure freedom doesn't exist and doesn't impede on democracy in any way shape or form, so quite frankly i really can't see the problem with it...

soki

If you weigh up what Paris Hilton does, and the art of being politically correct, i'm pretty sure the latter does more than the former.

Political correctness exists as a form of protection, we can't have people mouthing off their ill opinions to the rest of society as it may cause offense and instigate several social issues, which will increase government spending in orderto solve the communal matter, more likely influenced by the tax payers or loans from abroad...

It can't be argued on the grounds of freedom, as pure freedom doesn't exist and doesn't impede on democracy in any way shape or form, so quite frankly i really can't see the problem with it...

:bored: you have appearantly forgotten a littl promise made to the american people. What was it, oh yeah The U.S. Constitution.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
:bored: you have appearantly forgotten a littl promise made to the american people. What was it, oh yeah The U.S. Constitution.

So, the Constitution and Bill of Rights were published at an era where society clashes were less common, and multi culturalism never really took hold then either

Nowadays circumstances are different, if we keep trying to apply old scriptures taken out of context completely in relation to the modern world we aren't going to go anywhere really (Note: The Bible *cough*) ...

So by definition do you believe that Robert Mugabe is doing the right thing by not allowing the population of Zimbabwe the political freedom, expression and 'correctness' they deserve??

And note that the US Constitution only applies to the US...not the rest of the world.

Last edited:

soki

"I can't ask a Chinese man where a Chinese restaurant is? Aren't we all getting just a little bit sensitive? I mean, if someone asks me where Israel is, I don't fly off the handle." -Jerry Seinfeld

wow, jerry seinfeld makes an interesting point

everyone is afraid to say what they feel,they're scared of the reprecussions

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
while i agree on political correctness to a degree, its taken way to far. proof being, on the news the other day there was a story of a grandpa of one of the kids helping out at a school (think it was a kindagarden not sure), they'd refer to him as "pops" now, the children wanted to call him it, he didn't mind, nor did all the parents. but the school ruled that it wasn't right since he wasn't their real pops and banned the term

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Political correctness is okay so long as it isn't taken to extremes. For instance, you can't outlaw things like saying God in the Pledge of Allegiance. It is a known fact that the founders of this country were white, Christian landholding males. If this country had been started by Muslims from Africa, we'd be saying Allah in it.

You can't do total political correctness. The human mind cannot handle an environment that does not contain some conflict. It just chooses to make conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back