• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Political Correctness and Social Justice Warriors

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
In any case: I'm not saying it's good to be hated, I'm also not saying that straight white dudes are exempt from being victims of anything, what I am saying is that it's incredibly unlikely, because you're not hated in an impressive way: you're hated because you're feared. It's like telling a mouse it's derailing its own life for hating a cat. The metaphor isn't great.
Yeah, we're not cats and mice, we're HUMANS.

So maybe I won't face the same "kind" of prejudice as other minorities 'cause I was born with pale skin. But you y'know what? If they're gonna hate and fear me because of something that I can't control, and if you're gonna lump me in with the kind of people who embedded that fear into others in the first place rather than judging me by my OWN actions... bah. I don't like hypocrites, okay?

Color of your skin, gender, whatever shouldn't give anyone a free pass for prejudice. I don't care which way it goes, and I don't care if it's overly idealistic or even impossible, but you're not gonna eradicate prejudice via diddlying PREJUDICE.

zachen

Awards
Uh, how do "those people" endanger anyone? lol If what you're trying to say is that people won't pay attention to real discrimination because some people talk about things like the depiction of women on TV, for example, that's BS. Those same people wouldn't pay attention to "real" discrimination anyway.

This is the best one. If you're not gay, female, etc., of course you're going to piss and moan when people talk about issues you don't give two shits about because you don't have to struggle with any of these issues. I find most people that use words like PC Police, SJWs, Feminazis, etc. are usually self-centered (and largely white, straight male--I know, I'm shocked, too). They're just as much a part of the problem.

I basically came here to say this.
Also since when is wanting to be respectful of other people's beliefs, ideas, and choices a bad thing? If being Politically Correct makes me wrong, I don't ever want to be right.
Also if you are a white male (I am.) Then you honestly should know better than to discriminate. I don't desire to perpetuate my father's mistakes, we owe it the world to make this place a paradise for everyone not just a select group of people.
/rant over.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

So maybe I won't face the same "kind" of prejudice as other minorities 'cause I was born with pale skin. But you y'know what? If they're gonna hate and fear me because of something that I can't control, and if you're gonna lump me in with the kind of people who embedded that fear into others in the first place rather than judging me by my OWN actions... bah. I don't like hypocrites, okay?

Color of your skin, gender, whatever shouldn't give anyone a free pass for prejudice. I don't care which way it goes, and I don't care if it's overly idealistic or even impossible, but you're not gonna eradicate prejudice via diddlying PREJUDICE.
the reality is there is no comparison. oppressed people literally fear for their lives and livelihood and safety and y'all somehow make this about you and how unfair it is to you that oppressed people might distance themselves from you, or approach you with caution as people with more institutional power than they have like these are at all equal states. they're not. furthermore, when most people talk about "straight whiteness" and the like, they are using those terms as stand-ins to criticize the systems of oppression that benefit those groups. the fact that you take that personally is your own shit to deal with, along with addressing the privileges you have as people who benefit from those systems. the burden isn't on the oppressed, marginalized and vulnerable people to be placating and palatable.

y'all need to read up on power dynamics.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
[video=youtube;hkhUivqzWv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhUivqzWv0[/video]

Eerily predicted the political correctness situation over TWELVE years ago. Only 8 minutes, much shorter than the other video I posted, well worth your time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah I have to agree with this. Being caucasian doesn't protect you from similar hate crimes minorities and LGBT people are victims of.

Holy shit.

Yes, yes it does. If you are white and straight, you do not face the same form of discrimination that ethnic groups and LGBT+ people do. Flat out. If you think you do, then you clearly do not understand what kind of fears they live with every day and what struggles they must face to live in a society that actively creates laws and standards to undermine their potential to live normal lives.

You do not have to go out everyday wondering if you are going to be paid less, get passed up for a job, be killed for your race, or having to hide that you are gay because it can get you kicked out of a restaurant or business or lose your job or GET KILLED.

You are the majority. You are the dominant racial group in power. White people create the rules and the standards of society. You will not be killed because you have white skin. You will not be killed because you are straight.

There is no doubt white people face issues in their day-to-day lives, but hell no to not being protected. Society has been made specifically to protect you.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, Shadow Fenix, we get it: you hate people who care about other people because you find it an oppressive restriction on your free speech and feel it'll lead to widespread censorship.

Nobody is watching your videos, man, just like you glanced over the Uncharted developers talking about Anita

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Holy shit.

Yes, yes it does. If you are white and straight, you do not face the same form of discrimination that ethnic groups and LGBT+ people do. Flat out. If you think you do, then you clearly do not understand what kind of fears they live with every day and what struggles they must face to live in a society that actively creates laws and standards to undermine their potential to live normal lives.

You do not have to go out everyday wondering if you are going to be paid less, get passed up for a job, be killed for your race, or having to hide that you are gay because it can get you kicked out of a restaurant or business or lose your job or GET KILLED.

You are the majority. You are the dominant racial group in power. White people create the rules and the standards of society. You will not be killed because you have white skin. You will not be killed because you are straight.

There is no doubt white people face issues in their day-to-day lives, but hell no to not being protected. Society has been made specifically to protect you.
Uh, I'm not white, I'm African American.

Regardless of how frequently it happens, all I'm saying is that it is wrong to make statements that only one particular group suffer from any form of discrimination and prejudice. As BlackOspry pointed out, fighting back Prejudice with Prejudice is just wrong and wont fix anything

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Regardless of how frequently it happens, all I'm saying is that it is wrong to make statements that only one particular group suffer from any form of discrimination and prejudice. As BlackOspry pointed out, fighting back Prejudice with Prejudice is just wrong and wont fix anything

Ethy's post didn't have to be directed at you as an individual, but at privilege that white people - myself included, have in oppressive systems. It's still a valid argument.

Like, personally, my experiences with racism aren't the same as people who aren't white, like you and Ethy, but I recognize it. I also know there's a HUUUUUGE difference between the racism people of color face and the uncomfortable prejudice I feel as a white person. I also know that it's not, like, personal and it's more of an annoyance at what I benefit from.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I will apologize for assuming you were, but I still do not agree with what you said in the quoted post and my statement stands as the overall "you" and not "you" personally.

Nobody is saying to fight prejudice with prejudice, though. It is about accepting that the experience of a woman, of an ethnic person, or of LGBT+ people is vastly different from the experience of a white, straight, and/or male person.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Also, Shadow Fenix, we get it: you hate people who care about other people because you find it an oppressive restriction on your free speech and feel it'll lead to widespread censorship.

Nobody is watching your videos, man, just like you glanced over the Uncharted developers talking about Anita

If you don't even watch the diddlying videos, then don't you dare make these diddlying, outlandish accusations about me. Christ.

I'll be sure to check my privilege next time, okay? ;)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, nobody is saying white people don't have problems. Everybody has problems. (Where did that come from anyway? lmao) But the problems are not the same. Other groups have the same problems of daily life that a white person faces + the added 'benefit' of facing regular/open hatred and the possibility of discrimination/violence. The only real thing a white person has to fear is walking through a neighborhood and people assuming they have money to steal. lol Nobody's going to shoot you because you're a part of a white church, for another example.

Blue Firework

Awards

I understand your frustration. I actively try to no be prejudice and oppressive, and to listen to the completely valid criticism of minorites every day. And its frustrating when people fear me or hate me even though I want to help. But I am not perfect. As a white male, I have very little experience with the oppression minorities face. I can try my best to listen and learn, but I can't ever fully understand. Because of this, I sometimes exhibit prejudice and oppressive behavior. I don't actively realize that I am doing this and I don't want to be doing this, but it happens. This is why I can't justify being mad at minorities that hate me. Even though I am consciously on their side, I may end up subconsciously saying something prejudice. I also can't blame minorities for hating me because experience with other white men have taught them that I probably can't be trusted.

This. When minorities face these things every day, I don't think it's fair of me to get mad at them for not liking me. The two [rejudices are on completely different levels

As Audo said, this is shit we have to deal with. The best we can do is work on breaking the straight white male stereotypes. We can do this by showing minorities that they do not have a reason to hate or fear us at least as individuals. We can show that we want to listen, that we want to better ourselves, that we want to be supportive, and that we want to create positive change. We can also do this by encouraging straight white men to listen to what others have to say and to think critically about the experiences of minorities. If we do that, we can simultaneously work towards eradicating oppression and reducing the fear and hatred of straight white males.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If you don't even watch the diddlying videos, then don't you dare make these diddlying, outlandish accusations about me. Christ.

God, honestly, Fenix. I worry about you. Like I am legit concerned for you and the people in your life. The path you're on is so toxic. You're internalizing so much negative shit. In no world is the amount of cynicism, hate, lack of empathy and regressive politics you have on a daily basis ever going to do you anything but harm and long-term damage. My only hope is that you grow out of this phase in your life and open yourself up to other perspectives and empathy and sooner rather than later, because, jesus christ man, I'm legitimately worried about your wellbeing at this point.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I don't know you, you seem like you're a pleasant enough person, this only seems to sway when, for whatever reason, someone treads on the topic of social justice or something inches close to the idea of "censoring" the media you consume.

In which case, well, your reputation precedes you -
Just let it happen man. You can't reason with social just-us warriors.

Oops, sorry, I misspelled justice. You have every right to be disappointed in whatever way you choose. But this may shock you, but film/game writers aren't beholden to any arbitrary set of PC rules. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

That's why I said the idiocy parade continues. Words.

"I don't care about censorship as long as it doesn't affect me."
There'll be more and worse censors, and by the time you actually give a damn about how terrible censorship is, it'll be too late.

So do you like everything bad for gaming, or do you just like censored products? Cause by all means, continue being selfish and don't complain when future localizations become worse and affect what you enjoy =)

Just from the past few weeks, but forgive me for jumping the gun. Care to share something other than a youtube link? A South Park GIF, maybe? PC Principal is good character to look for.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I don't know you, you seem like you're a pleasant enough person, this only seems to sway when, for whatever reason, someone treads on the topic of social justice or something inches close to the idea of "censoring" the media you consume.

In which case, well, your reputation precedes you -

Just from the past few weeks, but forgive me for jumping the gun. Care to share something other than a youtube link? A South Park GIF, maybe? PC Principal is good character to look for.

Whoa, yeah I think you're misjudging me a little bit, I don't want to be seen as some militant keyboard warrior. If you'd like to, feel free to PM me if you feel anything is unsettled. But with the Nintendo stuff, at least as far as NoA is concerned A LOT of people are more than upset on their regressive censorship practices going on lately with them, and now shifting the blame to Atlus for the TMS fiasco. If you feel that those fears are misplaced, I'm curious as to why. But all things considered, I do feel as though free speech is being watched now under the political correctness movement (seriously, I do recommend that first video I posted), as for all the special snowflakes in the world get triggered if you say the wrong word and I just feel that's a little ridiculous. Like in the George Carlin video I posted, "he's not ugly, he just got severe appearance deficits". It's those kind of things I think are ridiculous, like the lovable trigglypuff that just popped up recently. It's kind of like, to me, are you more of a Malcom X kind of person and an MLK kind of person. And from what I've seen, most of these situations lean toward the more riotous Malcom X side of things, then the more peaceful approach of MLK which I like to say I side with but doesn't always seem that way (due to my more 'feel' approach than a logical one that tends to happen after a cool down).

I can post the trigglypuff gif? lol but I don't actually watch South Park, but I love how nothing is off limits for them, and the PC police is hilarious from the clips I've seen.

I feel as though I came into the wrong place here and jumped the gun myself posting here. As I've said before around here, I'm not good with words and how I feel about things doesn't always come out correct. I make drawings of buildings for a living, I'm graduating from architorture school this year. So I have the drawings, or I guess in this case videos or whatnot, do the talking for me sometimes for I'm not there yet to bring my point forward in my own words. It's also why I stopped responding to those kind of things, because I can't articulate my point well enough yet that it ends up being twisted in my face and used against me, so I just stopped. I know how I feel about things, I don't need to prove it to anyone else.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Welp, thanks for introducing "Trigglypuff" to me, Fenix. I needed a really good laugh today.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Holy shit.

Thank you so muuuuuuuuuch for this.

No one is saying white straight people have no problems at all or no right not to be perfectly happy with everything, but there's no denying those problems aren't closely as many as others have.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i just don't understand how someone can consider a 14 year old who hates white people on tumblr a bigger threat than the white people that are out giving these people reasoning.

the above facts how poc and lgbt people are at high risk (trans especially) are nothing but indicators of this. the person who screams that nintendo is selling out for censoring cleavage is probably the same to say woman shouldn't be allowed to walk around shirtless. this isn't targeted at any one individual, this is just an overall observation.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, just the other day I was called a "homotransphobic bigot' because I said the whole transgender bathroom thing was pretty much a non-issue. (Simply because of the fact that the majority of transsexuals have been using whatever bathroom they wanted for years - I mean seriously, no one really cared til this whole fiasco popped up.)

In other words, this person jumped the gun. Saying it's a non-issue is the actual liberal position. You shouldn't be policing what kind of public bathrooms people use. Newsflash 1; most transgender people actually look like the gender they identify as. Having a guy with a beard walk into a women's bathroom because he was born as a female would certainly cause a lot more confusion than if he went to the men's bathroom and vice versa. Newsflash 2; nothing indicates that allowing transgender people to go to the bathrooms for the gender which they identify with increases the risk of paedophiles dressing up as the opposite gender to get closer to children (if that was truly an issue, where's the action against having children and grown-ups sharing public bathrooms in the first place? Many paedophiles couldn't care less about the gender of the child).

Zul

Awards
1. One of the more irrational mentalities I see spreading around is the inability to tell the difference between equal outcome and equal opportunity.

Filling an office with half black people and half white people is not equal opportunity. Equal opportunity is not taking into account the person's race when deciding who to hire.

2. Another, rather foul and immature behavior that's been spreading lately is the idea that, because X group is "privileged" in some manner, it becomes okay to insult them, mock them, gaslight their specific issues under the notion that they are miniscule compared to what the "real oppressed" face.

Tweeting the hashtag "Kill all whites" is not okay. It's not okay as a joke(especially when it upsets people) and is certainly not okay as a serious statement. Even if we were to snapshot "white privilege" as it stands right now and multiply it tenfold, it would still not be okay to make such a statement, you are advocating for the death of a group of people based on a trait they were born with.

Those are two things I'd like to see purged from any kind of activism, they don't actually help address any serious issues in any constructive way.

Back