• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Re: Pokemon X & Y

Speaking of older Pokemon Games, I started playing Emerald again (via emulator, I lost the game unfortunately), regardless, I actually feel that Emerald really got it right. I felt really dissapointed with D+P. SS though, that was a good game, lol.

Anyway, who really enjoyed Gen 3- I consider it my personal favorite as well.

State

Awards

Speaking of older Pokemon Games, I started playing Emerald again (via emulator, I lost the game unfortunately), regardless, I actually feel that Emerald really got it right. I felt really dissapointed with D+P. SS though, that was a good game, lol.

Gen 1-3 and Gen 5 are the ones I really like. Gen 4 was meh (for me).

That makes us three. Although some of my favorite POKéMON are on Gen. 4, it was a rather boring generation.

State

Awards

I think it depends on which version in the generation you play. I only owned Platinum in Gen 4, but its easily my favorite in the whole series, yellow being a close second (I'm noticing a pattern here)

I always prefer the third version, seeing as how it's always the most revised and has more plot content.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Should POKéMON following you around make a return, yay or nay?

I love the feature so I'm all for it if it doesn't detract from the overall game, I mean, I really liked the concept and it was cool seeing whatever Pokemon you want follow you haha xD

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Gen 2 was my favorite. Gen 1 wasn't bad. Gen 2 and Gen 4 were kinda lackluster

How can you like and dislike gen 2 at the same time? Anyway, yeah, gen 4 is the worst so far in my opinion. There were way too many evolutions to pokemon of previous generations. There just werent enough new pokemon that were not tied to pokemon from gen 1-3. My favorite generation though is 2. We got two brand new types plus the baby pokemon addition.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com

Should POKéMON following you around make a return, yay or nay?

I think it should return. I loved the feature in HG/SS. It made the Pokemon actually feel "real," y'know? Like more tangible within the game. I'm not quite sure how it would work considering the games have shifted into 3D overworld now and sprites have been eliminated, but even if it was limited to certain Pokemon I would love it. As long as this time you could turn it on/off.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

Speaking of Gen 3, Ruby and Sapphire turned 10 in NA today.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I think we'll see a Ruby/Sapphire remake sooner than you think :) and wow 10 years ago that's freaking insane.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

I think it should return. I loved the feature in HG/SS. It made the Pokemon actually feel "real," y'know? Like more tangible within the game. I'm not quite sure how it would work considering the games have shifted into 3D overworld now and sprites have been eliminated, but even if it was limited to certain Pokemon I would love it. As long as this time you could turn it on/off.

Double post but I gotta respond to this, sorry guizzz.

I think they could do some really neat things with the 3D. Just think: A snorlax lagging behind, always falling asleep, or let's a Gyrados following you around, and near water, water types and pokemon that know surf could just jump in the water and follow next to you. As the tech gets better, they could use this to make pokemon feel super alive. Flying types would circle above you, or if they're of the smaller variety, they could use your shoulder as a perch.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

after I finish FireRed, I'll check if (my partner let's player) has HG or SS to keep up with the remakes... although I was thinking of doing Old school Gen 2 crystal version because of the Nostalgia. He said he'd do Gen 4 and up since when I try a DS emulator on here it turns into crap. We'll be officially starting 'Renegade plays Pokemon FireRed' on Friday at 4:00 PM MST.

edit: oh yeah...my point of quoting the post, I liked Gen 3 alot too mostly because there was alot of firsts that came with it. Like I know how people are hating on the vibe that the Fire Starters from Gens 3-5 evolved into Fire/Fighting types... but I liked Blaziken alot because it was the first and it just looked so epic when I first watched my friend play Ruby... but yeah Gen 3 was great because so many designs were superb. Everyone I knew who played Gen 3 besides me and my closest friend (The same one who let me watch her play Ruby) always went with The salamence line yet when I got it and started playing, just like my friend did, We went with Trapinch over Bagon every time. But Gen 3 had one of the best Psychic types that could fully evolve without trading. The members of my Gen 3 team I always kept were my Swellow, Blaziken, And Gardevoir. those three NEVER left my side in my first playthrough of Sapphire

Chill

Silver Member
Awards

Well I personally loved Emerald.
It will always be my favourite.

Because Treecko's the shit.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

So after carefully thinking it through I decided to pre order Pokemon Y the legendary bird looks way to cool. And also a reminder everyone Pokemon Mystery Dungeon comes out on Sunday :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I really hope they make a R/S remake soon >_< Gen 3 will always be my favorite considering it was not only my first Pokemon game but Mudkip...come on...Mudkip, need I say more?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards

I hear you man, it also has my favorite pokemon in it :) Mightyena. Also let's not forget the nostalgic music from Ruby and Sapphire :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back