• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon Writing Contest Giveaway

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Hello Writing Section, it's your not-the-writing-section-mod-Moderator, Mite here!

Seeing that the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon are just over a month away, I figured it'd be fun to do a little writing contest giveaway in preparation for the new games.

What am I giving away, you're asking and want me to tell you? I'm giving one download code each for Pokemon Red, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Yellow for the Nintendo 3DS!

Seeing how Sun/Moon have been showing a lot of new ideas for the Pokemon series, your writing challenge will be:

Create the concept of your own Pokemon game

In 3-5 paragraphs, tell me about the Pokemon game that YOU would create.

Is it a new main-series game with new battle modes and Pokemon types or other new additons?
(Example: Pokemon Uranium)
Would it be a spin-off game like Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Mystery Dungeon, or Pokemon Go?

Whatever your concept for a new Pokemon game would be, I want to hear it! Remember to add a title to your Pokemon game too!

The contest will run from today (October 3rd) to October 29. All entries should be Private Messaged to me by then, and I'll pick the three winners to receive the download codes.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Dope. I'll try an get something in on the sole condition that if I win, I can host another contest to give away my prize. Muhahahaha

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Entered. This was a cool contest and I'm glad to see you guys doing stuff like this still, gives everyone an incentive to be creative haha

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I'd enter, but I'm not sure whether or not the games I'm already working on (for my own series) would qualify. They, in themselves, are pretty complicated.
If the series that you are working on are your big idea concepts for your own Pokemon game then I would allow it. You just have to adequately explain them in the 3-5 paragraph format as Pokemon video games.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Reminder that this is the last week to enter into the writing contest. The last day to submit will be this Saturday, the 29th.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
And that's the end of the Contest! Sorry you missed the deadline, CD-Mann. If you still had something written, I'd love to see you post it here!

The winners of the contest were:

Absent, with a prequel series to RBY that gives us unique gameplay mechanics.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuman, with a more immersive action RPG pokemon game.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

and Raiton Kensei, who came up some cool additions for a Pokemon game.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Thank you to everyone who participated in my contest. It was fun getting to read the ideas you guys had for your own Pokemon games, and it makes me wish Sun/Moon were out already!

I'll be contacting the winners soon about which version of Pokemon RBY they'll be receiving.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This was a great contest Mite, thanks for giving me the opportunity to enter and write something!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
And that's the end of the Contest! Sorry you missed the deadline, CD-Mann. If you still had something written, I'd love to see you post it here!

No worries. I kinda fell ill and lost track of time, so there's nothing I could have done lol. Thanks for the contest though! And my idea would have basically been a Pokemon Amie+ kind of deal where you take care of and play with Pokemon. There'd be more to it than just that, but I never expanded on it.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It'd be a hard choice to pick which one to play. I wanna say I'm leaning towards the RPG one the most because, I'm a RPG type of person at heart. However, I really love the concept of the Pokémon Destiny Version. Of course, collecting 7 crests would be a nice break from the usual pokemon badges and bring a lot of storytelling into the fold. In all seriousness, I wanna play each version because, everyone's concept ideas were really cool. And that's saying something because, I'm not as much of a fan of pokemon as I used to be. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back