• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Can't wait for the Gen4 remakes, which could sell better than SwSh
If they invest in a time limit of more than 30 minutes? sure they'll sell like hotcakes. If not they'll have a lukewarm reception from fans who want to remain battle relevant. Either way, No one in gamefreak headquarters will have a hard time sleeping.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If they invest in a time limit of more than 30 minutes? sure they'll sell like hotcakes. If not they'll have a lukewarm reception from fans who want to remain battle relevant. Either way, No one in gamefreak headquarters will have a hard time sleeping.
I meant when they get the chance to work on it. With an already running engine and experienced devs, I'm sure it won't take them more than a year to make the remakes.

Soldier

Awards
I meant when they get the chance to work on it. With an already running engine and experienced devs, I'm sure it won't take them more than a year to make the remakes.
Still doesn't necessarily excuse the whole 30 minute time limit for battles. I get that it's for VGC tournaments, but they made the lets go games first and then chose to repeat the process, on top of having pretty terrible ways of connecting with people (still miss the PSS)...

Soldier

Awards
The PSS removal is salt in the wound.
I know right!? What were they thinking making the festival plaza? all that does is make it more frustrating to put up with. And don't get me started on the PIN code system, it is such a dumb idea. From here on out, poketubers need to rely on the honors system that their fans wont get in a battle with them.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Weren't those games remakes of the Gen 2 games?
Yes. HeartGold and SoulSilver were the Gen2 remake. Those remakes were constantly being requested every since FireRed and LeafGreen. Then we got Emerald and then the Gen4 introduction. I was raised in the time period so I remember it pretty well, haha.

But yes, it's possible we'll get another Gen2 remake, but most likely much later down the line.

Yet another but: the Let's Go line could be the official remake line, tho :/

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yes. HeartGold and SoulSilver were the Gen2 remake. Those remakes were constantly being requested every since FireRed and LeafGreen. Then we got Emerald and then the Gen4 introduction. I was raised in the time period so I remember it pretty well, haha.

But yes, it's possible we'll get another Gen2 remake, but most likely much later down the line.

Yet another but: the Let's Go line could be the official remake line, tho :/
So a Diamond/Pearl remake with another word added to the front style remake, plus a Let's Go remake line for older titles? So 2 remake lines in production?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Nothing has been confirmed. The only Pokémon project that’s coming is the DLC, anything else is just speculation.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nothing has been confirmed. The only Pokémon project that’s coming is the DLC, anything else is just speculation.
Correct. I assume GameFreak is working on something else besides the DLC, seeing as how it doesn't require that much manpower to make DLC. Other than that, they did say that they would like to continue with the Let's Go line of games, meaning that another Let's Go game could be in the works, and since they have an engine running, it could comer sooner than later. Let's Go Togepi/Marill or whatever could be the Gen2 Let's Go games.

Soldier

Awards
There is currently a mystery gift event going on until the middle of June involving the distribution of galarian forms with their hidden abilities.
Credit goes to pokemon database for information
May 22nd to 28th: Galarian Mr. Mime with the ability Ice Body, and the items Lure Ball, Moon Ball, Heavy Ball, Dream Ball.
May 29th to June 4th: Galarian Ponyta with the ability Anticipation, and the items Level Ball, Fast Ball, Love Ball, Friend Ball, Beast Ball.
June 5th to 11th: Galarian Corsola with the ability Cursed Body, and the items Sweet Apple, Tart Apple, Chipped Pot, Cracked Pot, Sachet, Whipped Dream.
June 12th to 18th: Galarian Meowth with the ability Unnerve, and the items Exp. Candy L x100, Big Nuggets x50.
Apologies for those looking for a farfetch'd with its hidden ability in scrappy, this isn't part of the event. Though for those with sword version like myself, this is the perfect opportunity to fulfill both the corsola and ponyta lines and have their hidden abilities if need be.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Correct. I assume GameFreak is working on something else besides the DLC, seeing as how it doesn't require that much manpower to make DLC. Other than that, they did say that they would like to continue with the Let's Go line of games, meaning that another Let's Go game could be in the works, and since they have an engine running, it could comer sooner than later. Let's Go Togepi/Marill or whatever could be the Gen2 Let's Go games.
My issue with Marill/Togepi being the frequently requested Gen 2 Let's Go games is because they're both Fairy types. And Marill would clash with people wanting the three starters in their team, with Feraligatr also being Water type. It's just... so awkward.

Soldier

Awards
My issue with Marill/Togepi being the frequently requested Gen 2 Let's Go games is because they're both Fairy types. And Marill would clash with people wanting the three starters in their team, with Feraligatr also being Water type. It's just... so awkward.
Not to mention that Marill would be the most obvious pick for a multitude of reasons. I still remember the day it received sap sipper as a hidden ability, and many people used to use its huge power ability to demolish in X and Y. A better choice might be the Mareep line. They're 3 stage electric types with marketable features and have been around since gen 2.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
perhaps for balancing issues they could eliminate Fairy for the Gen2 Let's Go entries?

Not to mention that Marill would be the most obvious pick for a multitude of reasons. I still remember the day it received sap sipper as a hidden ability, and many people used to use its huge power ability to demolish in X and Y. A better choice might be the Mareep line. They're 3 stage electric types with marketable features and have been around since gen 2.
Remember that the let's Go line of Pokemon isn't so much of competitive, but more for casual gamers that got into Pokemon because of Go

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It be weird to remove Fairy in Let’s Go when they implemented it into the first games, both mechanically and story wise(Mina’s cameo in Vermillion).

2 quid is good

Awards
Still doesn't necessarily excuse the whole 30 minute time limit for battles. I get that it's for VGC tournaments, but they made the lets go games first and then chose to repeat the process, on top of having pretty terrible ways of connecting with people (still miss the PSS)...
Not even VGC players like the timer, the fact that animations factor into the time is ridiculous. SwSh is not as good for VGC as people like to claim

Soldier

Awards
Not even VGC players like the timer, the fact that animations factor into the time is ridiculous. SwSh is not as good for VGC as people like to claim
God, if this continues for future games in the series, I don't know what I'd do. It's frustrating how this trend will continue so long as the games sell well, the big wigs in charge probably don't even hear the public outcry.

2 quid is good

Awards
God, if this continues for future games in the series, I don't know what I'd do. It's frustrating how this trend will continue so long as the games sell well, the big wigs in charge probably don't even hear the public outcry.
I mean, I'm certain they heard the outcry for SwSh, but again it made enough money for them to ignore it

Back