• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Is anyone else playing the game frustrated by the raid battle teammate A.I? Because I am! wonder what goes through their heads. "Hey! time to join in a raid battle, wonder what I should bring? I know! a magikarp whose only good move is hydro pump!" "brilliant!" they say, "I'll also bring my salazzle, it's fire lash will certainly bring down the defense" "wonderful, I'll bring my solrock that only knows rock blast and cosmic power, and call it a day!"
All three of them and me go up against a wishiwashi, whose A.I is not only more advanced, it has access to G-Max geyser, something that OHKO's the people who are supposed to "help" me.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Is anyone else playing the game frustrated by the raid battle teammate A.I? Because I am! wonder what goes through their heads. "Hey! time to join in a raid battle, wonder what I should bring? I know! a magikarp whose only good move is hydro pump!" "brilliant!" they say, "I'll also bring my salazzle, it's fire lash will certainly bring down the defense" "wonderful, I'll bring my solrock that only knows rock blast and cosmic power, and call it a day!"
All three of them and me go up against a wishiwashi, whose A.I is not only more advanced, it has access to G-Max geyser, something that OHKO's the people who are supposed to "help" me.
Oh yeah, I hate it too. The only one I am ok with is Togepi because it plays support and heals/helping hand everyone.

What I find more annoying though is actually finding raids. The stupid PokeTubers found an exploit that everyone uses now to reset raids until they get G-max ones to spawn. It's the reason so many raids are canceled when you try joining them.

We'll have to add each other to attempt to raid and battle lol.

I got a 5 IV Impish Wooloo that I'm going to were k with lol. Thing is the new Miltank.

Soldier

Awards
Oh yeah, I hate it too. The only one I am ok with is Togepi because it plays support and heals/helping hand everyone.

What I find more annoying though is actually finding raids. The stupid PokeTubers found an exploit that everyone uses now to reset raids until they get G-max ones to spawn. It's the reason so many raids are canceled when you try joining them.

We'll have to add each other to attempt to raid and battle lol.

I got a 5 IV Impish Wooloo that I'm going to were k with lol. Thing is the new Miltank.
I agree that the togepi is the only good one, the fact that most of the things i fight don't have access to steel or poison moves definitely helps with its longevity
The cosmic power solrock still sucks though
Yeah, I'll definitely need to add you, what I really want to do is get a copperajah with it's hidden ability, heavy metal, heavy slam and heat crash yes please.
So does Wooloo also get Milk drink as a form of recovery? never thought i'd see the day where another mon gets that. Shame how Mamoswine still doesn't get it.

Xblade13

Awards
I agree that the togepi is the only good one, the fact that most of the things i fight don't have access to steel or poison moves definitely helps with its longevity
The cosmic power solrock still sucks though
Yeah, I'll definitely need to add you, what I really want to do is get a copperajah with it's hidden ability, heavy metal, heavy slam and heat crash yes please.
So does Wooloo also get Milk drink as a form of recovery? never thought i'd see the day where another mon gets that. Shame how Mamoswine still doesn't get it.
Sadly no it does not. It does have great defensive stats, access to Cotton Guard and Rest. And the (new?) move Body Press, which scales based on your Defense stat.

One Pokemon that got a new move added to their level up pool I'm fairly certain is Hydreigon getting Nasty Plot. Don't remember that one ever having that.

Soldier

Awards
Sadly no it does not. It does have great defensive stats, access to Cotton Guard and Rest. And the (new?) move Body Press, which scales based on your Defense stat.

One Pokemon that got a new move added to their level up pool I'm fairly certain is Hydreigon getting Nasty Plot. Don't remember that one ever having that.
Only Hydreigon? that sucks, I mean I used to use a shiny one, but since fairies have become more prevalent I stopped using it. Guess it needed that. You know what though, I think Wooloo would've benefitted from having Early bird as an ability, because a majority of those that learn it have better options for recovery.

Xblade13

Awards
Only Hydreigon? that sucks, I mean I used to use a shiny one, but since fairies have become more prevalent I stopped using it. Guess it needed that. You know what though, I think Wooloo would've benefitted from having Early bird as an ability, because a majority of those that learn it have better options for recovery.
There are others scattered here and there that know new moves. Most Fairies can learn Life Dew, that healing move that heals all teammates on their side of the field.

Nasty Plot helps with speedy cannon Hydreigon sets. It was one of the lower tier psuedos for a long time. Access to Flash Cannon helps a bit. Just Focus Sash + Timid nature, max speed and special attack, and you'll outspeed most Fairies. Surprisingly a lot of them are slow.

I think Kommo-o got a move that boosts all of it's stats too, giving it the effect of it's previous Z-move back.

It's crazy just how much they have tweaked old Pokemon movesets. Dynamax also helps Pokemon that need setup quite a bit. Need an attack boost? Max Knuckle. Speed? Max Airstream. Defense? Max Steelspike. Special Defense? Max Quake. Every wathwr and terrain, and the remaining ones debuff the opponent.

Soldier

Awards
There are others scattered here and there that know new moves. Most Fairies can learn Life Dew, that healing move that heals all teammates on their side of the field.

Nasty Plot helps with speedy cannon Hydreigon sets. It was one of the lower tier psuedos for a long time. Access to Flash Cannon helps a bit. Just Focus Sash + Timid nature, max speed and special attack, and you'll outspeed most Fairies. Surprisingly a lot of them are slow.

I think Kommo-o got a move that boosts all of it's stats too, giving it the effect of it's previous Z-move back.

It's crazy just how much they have tweaked old Pokemon movesets. Dynamax also helps Pokemon that need setup quite a bit. Need an attack boost? Max Knuckle. Speed? Max Airstream. Defense? Max Steelspike. Special Defense? Max Quake. Every wathwr and terrain, and the remaining ones debuff the opponent.
Kommo-o did recieve a new move that does the same thing as Clangorous Soulblaze, but at the cost of hp. The Dynamax feature honestly is a nice answer to mega evolutions/z-moves, containing aspects of both, yet not making them too overpowered like some of the megas did (I'm looking at you mega slowbro). In fact, I've grown to accept the limited dex number, It should help me finally secure a victory against my friend irl, because he uses a lot of mons with stall potential (Celesteela, Slowbro, Amoongus) to mess with my speedy sweepers. Fortunately for me, a lot of my old favorites made the cut like Noivern and Kommo-o. (And the added speed boost when using rapid spin helps tremendously).

Xblade13

Awards
Kommo-o did recieve a new move that does the same thing as Clangorous Soulblaze, but at the cost of hp. The Dynamax feature honestly is a nice answer to mega evolutions/z-moves, containing aspects of both, yet not making them too overpowered like some of the megas did (I'm looking at you mega slowbro). In fact, I've grown to accept the limited dex number, It should help me finally secure a victory against my friend irl, because he uses a lot of mons with stall potential (Celesteela, Slowbro, Amoongus) to mess with my speedy sweepers. Fortunately for me, a lot of my old favorites made the cut like Noivern and Kommo-o. (And the added speed boost when using rapid spin helps tremendously).
You know what Pokemon is a sleeper pick? Eiscue. The ice block penguin is actually really scary. Basically an Ice type Mimikyu that only blocks physical moves but can regenerate it's dummy with Hail, and changes ststa to become one of the fastest Pokemon when it breaks. A perfect Hail setter, and it gets Belly Drum to become a rediculous sweeper.

Galarian Darmanitan gets a new ability called Gorilla Tactics which is a built-in Choice Band (1.5x Attack, stuck to 1 move) that is STACKABLE with other Choice items. Or if you get Zen Mode it becomes the first ever Ice/Fire type.

Ice type has never been better lol.

Soldier

Awards
You know what Pokemon is a sleeper pick? Eiscue. The ice block penguin is actually really scary. Basically an Ice type Mimikyu that only blocks physical moves but can regenerate it's dummy with Hail, and changes ststa to become one of the fastest Pokemon when it breaks. A perfect Hail setter, and it gets Belly Drum to become a rediculous sweeper.

Galarian Darmanitan gets a new ability called Gorilla Tactics which is a built-in Choice Band (1.5x Attack, stuck to 1 move) that is STACKABLE with other Choice items. Or if you get Zen Mode it becomes the first ever Ice/Fire type.

Ice type has never been better lol.
I hear that, Pair these two with a good hail setter like Vanilluxe and a good aurora veil and you've got a recipe for destruction. Though I have a feeling that at some point they'll nerf the hell out of these two. I do plan on catching my friend by surprise with the Darmanitan, just need to make sure he can't use shadow sneak, or other priority moves.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

I was in a raid battle with two other real people playing with me but unfortunately one AI slot was there, and that one AI slot just had to be that blasted Magikarp. And you know what? We lost just because of that Magikarp, who kept getting knocked out every time the game revived it. And guess what? We lost with only a sliver of health on the raid Pokemon.

Soldier

Awards
I was in a raid battle with two other real people playing with me but unfortunately one AI slot was there, and that one AI slot just had to be that blasted Magikarp. And you know what? We lost just because of that Magikarp, who kept getting knocked out every time the game revived it. And guess what? We lost with only a sliver of health on the raid Pokemon.
Who even thought that adding that Magikarp was a good idea? It's stats are legitimate garbage. They couldn't give us anything else with better utility? Dewpider with focus sash? ANYTHING but a magikarp with hydro pump and tackle as it's only useful moves! Meanwhile fighting opponents in the battle tower, they've got the good AI, with great mons like Rhyperior and galvantula.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Who even thought that adding that Magikarp was a good idea? It's stats are legitimate garbage. They couldn't give us anything else with better utility? Dewpider with focus sash? ANYTHING but a magikarp with hydro pump and tackle as it's only useful moves! Meanwhile fighting opponents in the battle tower, they've got the good AI, with great mons like Rhyperior and galvantula.

The thought behind it is likely "We need to encourage people to raid with others" (in other words, they need people paying for Nintendo's crappy online service). But even still, having the online service doesn't help when no one bites and joins your raid.

shivaa

Awards
I already lost because of Magikarp too and not only once unfortunately.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I already lost because of Magikarp too and not only once unfortunately.
This just in, That Magikarp sucks again!. Tried to take down a G-max sandaconda on my own with the AI. Decided to use a pelipper to use hydro pump and break through it's terrible special defense to get it. First round i get a Magikarp which i hoped would synchronize with my drizzle to hit with consecutive hydro pumps (as that is it's only use). Instead, the sandaconda avoided EVERY SINGLE HYDROPUMP from the Magikarp, meaning I had to carry the entire team, we failed (obviously) which is a shame, Sandaconda is legitimately powerful.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Gamefreak has gotten complacent because they know Pokemon prints easy money no matter what questionable choices you make to the franchise.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Gamefreak has gotten complacent because they know Pokemon prints easy money no matter what questionable choices you make to the franchise.
I think it's more of a matter of less support from the Pokemon Company itself, which are hypnotized by the fact they can make literal millions from just the mobile games. It's as if the mainline Pokemon has taken a backseat because of the mobile games.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Want to go on a full Galar form team for my Shield playthrough. Does anyone have HA Meowth, HA Farfetch'd, HA Mime Jr and/or HA Corsola (regular would also be fine)? (for those curious, the remaining team members are Yamask and Weezing) IVs, shinyness and natures are irrelevant.

Mind I don't really have anything special to offer in trade :-/

Xblade13

Awards
Want to go on a full Galar form team for my Shield playthrough. Does anyone have HA Meowth, HA Farfetch'd, HA Mime Jr and/or HA Corsola (regular would also be fine)? (for those curious, the remaining team members are Yamask and Weezing) IVs, shinyness and natures are irrelevant.

I'm very, very slowly trying to get HA Pokemon but it is a bit tough. I can try to get ahold of those for you. My issue is that my sleep schedule is jacked, as I stay up until early morning, sleep, then go to work at 5 pm until after midnight. The only times I would have to trade are evenings on days I'm off lol.

I've got my first shiny, a Mr. Rime. I'm not going to even attempt getting a shiny Grookey until the HA one releases eventually.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I quite enjoyed these games. New designs are fantastic and the music was great. Special shoutout to Galarian Darmanitan Zen Mode which might just be my favorite design ever. Other great designs are Toxtricity, Snormax, Falinks, Coalossal, and Rillaboom.

Soldier

Awards

Oooh ooh me! me! one of the first purple beam captures was a Mr. Rime with Ice body as it's ability. I'd be more than happy to trade you one that I breed in exchange for a shield exclusive mon, send me a pm with your friend code and we'll coordinate.
I quite enjoyed these games. New designs are fantastic and the music was great. Special shoutout to Galarian Darmanitan Zen Mode which might just be my favorite design ever. Other great designs are Toxtricity, Snormax, Falinks, Coalossal, and Rillaboom.
Can't go wrong with Falinks, Defiant and No retreat are an excellent combo.

Back