• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean, it's practically a tradition for standard version Pokemon games to not have much of a post-game, versus their re-release.

Not playing devil's advocate, but it's something I've noticed.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
For those who were waiting for stats/movepool to pick a starter:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Soldier

Awards
I'm glad I already got a Switch for other games too xD I mean I'll still get it but...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm sorry Game Freak, but as much as you seem to want to make new games, none of them have caught on like Pokemon. Little Town Hero taking so much of the developers was obviously the cause. And it flopped. So either focus only on Pokemon now and give the f*** up, or sell Pokemon rights to someone else so you can 100% focus on new stuff, if Pokemon bores you so much...
Yeah, they honestly should just stick to making more Pokemon games. as I said before, little town hero is dull, The national dex died for this? If they're that bored with it, they should just give it to me!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Something else that bothers me is that

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean, after Ultra Beasts, they pretty much outdit themselves the past gen. Other than that, I imagine they had creative minds dealing with Little Big Hero.

But seriously, Nintendo needs to push GameFreak.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
tenor.gif

Yeah, they honestly should just stick to making more Pokemon games. as I said before, little town hero is dull, The national dex died for this? If they're that bored with it, they should just give it to me!
The thing is, it's not making different games that's the problem. If GameFreak wasn't so desperate to release Little Town Hero before Sword & Shield, instead had their "A-Team" working on SwSh while the "B-Team' worked on Town, and learned to manage and program more efficiently, things would be very different.

Just sticking to Pokemon wouldn't fix anything. They're running on fumes and refusing to learn.

Soldier

Awards
tenor.gif

The thing is, it's not making different games that's the problem. If GameFreak wasn't so desperate to release Little Town Hero before Sword & Shield, instead had their "A-Team" working on SwSh while the "B-Team' worked on Town, and learned to manage and program more efficiently, things would be very different.

Just sticking to Pokemon wouldn't fix anything. They're running on fumes and refusing to learn.
Well, it's amazing that two nerds can think of a better idea on how to run a company than those in charge of the biggest industry on the planet.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, GameFreak has never been this amazing company. I think the highest GameFreak has hit has been with Platinum, Johto remakes and the Black/White saga.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They need to trash everything they did after HeartGold and SoulSilver. Reboot the series in a new Kanto/Johto journey that has the mechanics of HeartGold/SoulSilver, but the graphics of The Witcher 3. Hire some actual writers to expand the world so it will be like Elder Scrolls -- you can choose to face the gyms or do other quests (like deal with or join Team Rocket). If you battle the gyms, their Pokemon will match your average level (or have teams designed to match your level). Have the game completely open world and you are free to do whatever you want. Every month they release a new DLC quest to add depth to the world, with major DLC stories dropping every 6 months. Why couldn't GameFreak do this for its biggest/most anticipated game!?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
They need to trash everything they did after HeartGold and SoulSilver. Reboot the series in a new Kanto/Johto journey that has the mechanics of HeartGold/SoulSilver, but the graphics of The Witcher 3. Hire some actual writers to expand the world so it will be like Elder Scrolls -- you can choose to face the gyms or do other quests (like deal with or join Team Rocket). If you battle the gyms, their Pokemon will match your average level (or have teams designed to match your level). Have the game completely open world and you are free to do whatever you want. Every month they release a new DLC quest to add depth to the world, with major DLC stories dropping every 6 months. Why couldn't GameFreak do this for its biggest/most anticipated game!?

You lost me there. BW and BW2 are amazing and fun games. They don’t need to scrap anything, not even Let’s Go(and I hate those games) what they need to do is improve UPON what they have, not regress.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You lost me there. BW and BW2 are amazing and fun games. They don’t need to scrap anything, not even Let’s Go(and I hate those games) what they need to do is improve UPON what they have, not regress.
My point was that Pokemon games shouldn't be focusing on gimmicks that are there for one generation, then thrown out the next (like Mega Evolution) for a new one (like Gigamax). HeartGold/SoulSilver was the pinnacle of the combat system. The next step was fleshing out the series and seeing what could really be done with it, pushing beyond the norm.

A home console Pokemon game was just SCREAMING for an open world experience where you can choose what you want to do. Location restrictions no longer mattered as HMs were thrown out and they took a step in the right direction with riding Pokemon. It's just horrifying that for the debut home console Pokemon game that people have been dreaming of for years, it seems like a gimmick infested return to form instead of actually growing the series into its true potential.

Which is why I think they should have just trashed every concept they came up with after HeartGold/SoulSilver for Sword/Shield. They had the best gameplay already designed, they just needed to think outside the box and give the fans what they wanted. No one cares about Gigamax.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
While I agree with the underlying idea, you're giving HGSS too much credit for things it didn't do for combat. Diamond and Pearl are the games you're probably referring to. All HGSS did was clean up the user interface with the menu being more useful.
Also Gen 4 is heavily criticized for its slow combat. Even with animations turned off, battles can drag long for things it shouldn't.
Gen V is proof that GF is capable of improving upon what they've done:
  • Quicker combat with dynamic attack animations
  • Music for dynamic situations and locations
  • The party/bag menu being more cohesive and user friendly
  • Multiple SELECT items registered
  • Better leveling system that rewards the player
  • Dream Abilities with the Dream World(could've been better implemented and handled)
  • Habitat List
  • PWT
  • Asking if you'd like to continue using Repels
  • Rewarding the player for completing the Dex
Also IMO the XY user interface, the PSS is the one of the best and most underrated features. Again I agree with your sentiments regarding SwSh but they haven't perfected anything because everything can be improved.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This is too ambitious for a studio like GameFreak and you have to come to terms with the idea that the majority of Pokemon consumers are casuals, meaning they have little to no incentive to pull a project like this. That said, that doesn't mean they can't do a better job.

And honestly, this is their first HD mainline game. It doesn't surprise that, again, a studio like GameFreak couldn't deal with SwSh.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Here's a Let's Go P/E MewTwo code if you couldn't make it to Best Buy:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
These have been trying and dark times for the community as a whole. There has never been something so controversial and dividing as these games. Its been an eyeopening experience.

Back