• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
I hated the EXP share because it made the game too easy. If they make the game harder, then I'm all for the EXP share being gone and every Pokemon being levelled up naturally. I just hope the game's difficulty gets increased.

I also hope that regular Weezing is in the game. It's so disappointing that something that was supposed to be a celebration turned into such a tragedy.
Well, if anything it could be a similar matter of Ultra sun and Ultra moon, where the utilization of the ultra wormholes allowed eggs of kantonian pokemon to hatch into their regular forms (I.E if you take an exeggute into the wormhole, land somewhere and use a leafstone, you get a regular, Grass/psychic exeguttor and not the grass/dragon type. Plus, since weezing and Koffing are in the galarian dex, there is no reason why they wouldn't be able to be transferred over through pokemon home into galar (and since they're gen 1, they're definitely going to get a free pass).

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
So GF contacted Game Informer about the 18 gym article because it is not 100% true. SWSH definitely are the first Pokemon games with so much controversial publicity.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Looks more like a giant hamster than anything else.
I don't think so, mostly because it's height is actually fairly tall. It isn't running on top of stuff, that would be a non-fire Ponyta's mane flowing behind it's ears.

You can also hear Ponyta's cry shortly beforehand and the sound of galloping.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG stop ruining Gen 1 Pokemon! They could have just given Rapidash an evolution to Fire/Fairy and have it become a pegasus. Why redo Ponyta?

Soldier

Awards
OMG stop ruining Gen 1 Pokemon! They could have just given Rapidash an evolution to Fire/Fairy and have it become a pegasus. Why redo Ponyta?
If Ponyta recieves a galarian form, it stands to reason that Rapidash will get one as well. It's like sandshrew and sandslash both having a galarian form. And whose to say it won't receive an evolution? Obstagoon has proven that this will be a generation where old pokemon get new evolutions.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Apparently EXP Share got the axe for good. Now, all your party gets EXP naturally.

Am I the only one who never really minded this? I was never really a fan of grinding each individual Pokémon for hours and hours, so I just kinda...left them on the back burner, and regretted it when I got to the end.

With all my party getting EXP, not only is it evenly leveled, but it saves a lot of time that I could use to actually get through the story. Of course, grinding is still involved, but not so much it just about pads out the game.

Think of it like most RPGs; Kingdom Hearts for example. All the party gets EXP, but the difference between Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon post-XY, is that in the latter's case, the party member who's active in battles gets more than the rest of the party, whose spoils are divided.

TL;DR: I liked all my party getting EXP because it saves me a lot of time and trouble, which makes it more enjoyable for me than simply grinding each individual one for countless hours.
Personally I don't mind this in the slightest. At most nowadays I have maybe 2-3 hours a day to actually play video games, and most people who grew up playing Pokemon are now old enough to have jobs, children themselves, etc.

As for Galarian Ponyta, I think it is cute. It makes sense to want a traditional Unicorn MLP-magical style Pokemon in a region based on the U.K., and just changing Ponyta to what I presume is a Fairy type now makes more sense to me then making another random Pokemon. People complained about Yamper being "just another dog" even if it is a different breed lol.

If Rapidash gets a third stage that is Fairy Flying and becomes an Alicorn, that'd be awesome in my opinion.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I've always liked Ponyta and Rapidash. Them turning out into either unicorns or pegasus would be cool, and would definitely have them on my team.

Soldier

Awards
I've always liked Ponyta and Rapidash. Them turning out into either unicorns or pegasus would be cool, and would definitely have them on my team.
Considering how they've got access to great moves like High horsepower and flame charge, I'll probably use them too. If it's a pegasus, then that means I can finally create my dream team of fire emblem birthright characters as pokemon.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
If the Fairy type didn't exist it would make sense. Pre Gen VI I would totally have expected a unicorn Pokemon to be psychic.

Back