• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It’s feasible that’s why there’s a huge outroar.

SM/USUM have all the Pokémon and their variations/formes and Mega evolutions. Let’s Go was recently datamined and they found data for ALL Pokémon.

The excuses are not adding up which is why fans are livid.

Soldier

Awards

SM/USUM have all the Pokémon and their variations/formes and Mega evolutions. Let’s Go was recently datamined and they found data for ALL Pokémon.

So that means gamefreak is digging themselves a hole and spinning a web of lies. Honestly this was probably going to happen at some point. All I care about is if the swinub line makes it and that there are new fossils.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Damn, that sucks.

I always envisioned Pokemon's main console debut being something epic -- everything we knew from before and all the new stuff. That way you had so much variety to choose from. I'm not a competitive player, but I've seen how that goes and it would be interesting to see how people would have used all those different mechanics. Now it feels like you're being limited to whatever GameFreak wants you to use.

Perkilator

Awards
Look, I understand why everyone’s livid; this is possibly the dumbest decision Game Freak’s ever made, and they’re somehow stupid enough to make multiple models of one character to justify getting them to multiple places. I’m not going to deny any of that. But I really don’t like how we’re basically treating them like Nazis. That’s all I can really say.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
By the way, the work is already done. Remember that the models for SunMo were rendered in HD, and then compressed into fitting the 3DS' resolution. Reason as to why the Gen7 games don't run very smoothly. It was just a matter of porting, and if anything, reworking.

We also have to take into consideration that GameFreak is a small studio, and they've never been known to "go big or go home". I think "peak" GameFreak was during the Platinum/HGSS/BW/B2W2 period.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Ooooh boy, can't wait to see "fans" jump through hoops to defend that behavior.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Oh boy, so many Pokemon were reinvented through Mega Evolutions.

You're telling me that Beedril, Pidgeot, Pinsir, Gardevoir, etc. etc. weren't completely overtooled as Megas? They acted as entirely different Pokemon.

I'm not an apologist for Mega Lucario or Mega Garchomp or any of that nonsense- but when used on weaker mons, Megas were an effective way to make the untouchables viable.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not a big fan on how the humans look but at least the CGI on the Pokemon looks good

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
That’s some interesting choice of music and editing. Looks like they’re replacing the Viking scene.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Game Freak puts in all this work to get ready for the big game only to then throw that all away while making up bullshit excuses for why they couldn't.

Are we sure Junichi Masuda isn't secretly Tetsuya Nomura?

By the way, just to give you guys an idea of other people's reaction to how out of hand this is getting:
That is disgusting to see some people be this way. Like, thanks for invalidating our pleas by being complete assholes.

Not a big fan on how the humans look but at least the CGI on the Pokemon looks good
The human models look absolutely hideous.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not sure why they showed some of the film's important moments like the tears and clones fighting. I know it's a note for note remake of the original, but what about the younger fans who could see this for the first time?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
It's not like I've ever really been all that interested in the movies past the 3rd one but... I feel there is absolutely no incentive for anyone who watched the original to watch this one. Aside from the Viking scene there's nothing hinting at even the slightest change or improvement. This just seems like a waste.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I really can’t imagine how you can have the most profitable IP in the world and make it the side project. Companies would kill for the chance to have Pokémon as their property and GF treats it like second best.

Even with Pokémon Go posing a threat they still think they can act this way? Come Pokémon Masters they’ll be faced with another wake up call and the only people smiling will be the Pokémon Company and dena.

Soldier

Awards
Good lord this video explains so much, Its honestly quite sad the way things have gone down. Pokémon Go is still popular enough to siphon attention away from the main series games? really? I hardly see anyone playing it, and the ones that do are um, not all there. This is really disappointing, if they want to make this right, at the very least give the game an update so that we can get the national dex later on (oh wait, I forgot, they're doing away with all of that so that the game can be balanced).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Yes, Pokemon Go is indeed super popular still. Community Days happen once a month and we have so many people playing in my town that the places where stops are get congested. I play it myself but I still prefer the main games. So yeah, that is more understandable than a lot of you think.

As for Game Freak putting Pokemon on the side, that also actually makes sense. Think about it, as a developer that probably hasn't changed most of it's staff in a long while, how would you feel getting demanded by the Pokemon community that they make a new Pokemon game every single year? Yes, other developers would love to get ahold of Pokemon, but Game Freak are probably just experiencing franchise fatigue. They don't actually WANT to make Pokemon anymore but they are expected too. They want to make other games. And they have, with that Badass Elephant game and that rhythm one.

The problem with those games is that they never took off. And so Game Freak has to take more developers away from Pokemon in order to make Town the best game it can be. They want to move on but the community doesn't let them.

So, yes, while I do agree they could put more effort keeping Pokemon of good quality, I also think people love Pokemon FAR too much.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Pokemon is co-owned by Nintendo, GameFreak, and the Pokemon Company. The only thing that can save mainline Pokemon is that Nintendo presses GameFreak into subcontracting Nintendo personnel to work on mainline Pokemon. If anything, Monolith has been on a streak of cooperating with Nintendo devs.

Perkilator

Awards
A new trailer came out today. I loved everything, but Gigantamaxing seems like a bootleg Mega Evolving to me (not that I find anything wrong with it, of course).

Back