• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Lanturn is an anglerfish. Kangaskhan still confuses me. I get that even the Japanese name uses "kangaroo" ( Kangaroo + Ruler = Garooler or "Garura") and kangaroos are known for their rad boxing skills, which is presumably why Kangaskhan has Comit Punch, but they've always looked like a big lizard.
Well it doesnt help that every pokemon lays eggs, especially ones that are clearly based on mammalian species. Oh well, I guess these fictional creatures make up their own logic as they go. And to quote bulbapedia:
"It is based on an anglerfish, more specifically the footballfish, although it shares some similarities with dolphins. It is also possible that Lanturn's origin contains a small piece of the Hellenistic god, Apollo. He was the god of light and his animal was the dolphin."
It's unlikely however that we will get a Dolphin pokemon anytime soon though, Alola was the perfect place for a pokemon based on that to appear, but the regions other water types filled all of the spots before then. If they ever do make a Narwhal pokemon, I hope they make it a fire/water type with an oily appearance and a horn made of flames (think a fusion of a narwhal and an oil rig). This would hold reference to the fact Narwhals (and other whales) were prized by early man for their fatty oils used for lanterns, and that certain oil still burns even on top of water. I don't know, some artist needs to conceptualize it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Apparently, a list of all the 8th gen Pokemon have been leaked recently. No clue if it's fake or not. I won't post it here, but I looked at it myself because I'm weak. Most sound very believable, but some of the Pokemon sound like some fans' wishful thinking.

Well it doesnt help that every pokemon lays eggs, especially ones that are clearly based on mammalian species. Oh well, I guess these fictional creatures make up their own logic as they go. And to quote bulbapedia:
"It is based on an anglerfish, more specifically the footballfish, although it shares some similarities with dolphins. It is also possible that Lanturn's origin contains a small piece of the Hellenistic god, Apollo. He was the god of light and his animal was the dolphin."
It's unlikely however that we will get a Dolphin pokemon anytime soon though, Alola was the perfect place for a pokemon based on that to appear, but the regions other water types filled all of the spots before then. If they ever do make a Narwhal pokemon, I hope they make it a fire/water type with an oily appearance and a horn made of flames (think a fusion of a narwhal and an oil rig). This would hold reference to the fact Narwhals (and other whales) were prized by early man for their fatty oils used for lanterns, and that certain oil still burns even on top of water. I don't know, some artist needs to conceptualize it.
The Apollo part always sounded like a stretch, honestly.

I totally want a narwhal Pokemon, though.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Apparently, a list of all the 8th gen Pokemon have been leaked recently. No clue if it's fake or not. I won't post it here, but I looked at it myself because I'm weak. Most sound very believable, but some of the Pokemon sound like some fans' wishful thinking.

The Apollo part always sounded like a stretch, honestly.

I totally want a narwhal Pokemon, though.
Saw the list myself on Serebii. Guess we'll know if it's legit once they show the early route Pokemon on Wednesday

Soldier

Awards
I'm not going to be looking into said list, but pray tell, how many are on that list? are we looking at Kalos levels of low or unova levels in terms of new pokemon.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm not going to be looking into said list, but pray tell, how many are on that list? are we looking at Kalos levels of low or unova levels in terms of new pokemon.
Less than Unova. If you want the exact number, it's 131.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Kalos was a borefest, to be honest. I'm not a fan of XY, and it's a shame, since it was traditional Pokemon's first leap into full 3D. Sadly, spinoffs like Stadium and Coliseum pulled it better.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
vaqVqnu.png

"childhood friend" Urge to ship rising....

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
So the leak just got more credible with this direct. There’s a lot of good stuff in the leak so I’m not that bothered.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The two wolf mascots look a bit too similar for my liking. I would have preferred it if they picked a different animal for one of them.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The open world aspect is amazing. Looks like random encounters are going away, but I worry about frame rate and if the game can run smoothly.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Actually there seems to be random AND over world encounters. The previous trailer had the trainer encounter something in the tall grass that wasn’t visible.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm hoping Wooloo evolves into a big horned sheep. As for Dreadnaw, I could see an evolution based on the Kaiju Gamera

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm going Scorbunny unless it becomes a Fire/Fighting type again. Getting Shield. I am liking a lot of these designs. Isn't the art director for this one the guy who designed Poipole last gen?

I want to say both Zacian and Zamazeta are Steel type at least. But then again I thought Solgaleo would be Fire type so...

Obiewantsanipod

So far I like what I saw, the games seem very promising. Wild areas are going to be a ton of fun to traverse.

I love the new Pokemon designs, truly, with the exception of the wolves, they look hideous, and not the will grow on me eventually kind of hideous. The whole time I kept thinking of how painful it must be to carry a weapon with your teeth. And that other one's head must weigh around a half a ton.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Leon & Hop ar
The two wolf mascots look a bit too similar for my liking. I would have preferred it if they picked a different animal for one of them.
I'm taking it that they're brothers that went separate paths in life.

Speaking of which, Hop & Leon are totally 'norts.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Before the reveal I was certain that Zacian and Zamazenta’s name were going to be related to Romulus and Remus, the twins that led to the founding of Rome, only because they were taken care of by a wolf.

Back