• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Pokemon | Let's Go Pikachu!

The more I look at it the more it looks like a port. It looks exactly like SM but with better graphics. Let’s Go looked completely different and was on the Switch.

A while ago we learned that GF struggled to make Let’s Go and that game was so simple in design and content. It shows that they’re not taking risks.

It is strange in the context that they struggled with a simple game like Let's Go. I guess yeah its fairly obvious they aren't taking risks in the games department at least? I feel like they will never mess with the turn based mechanics too much for fear of pissing of the entire competitive base they have built.

I will say, I preferred Sun and Moon's artstyle over Let's Go for sure, so I am not actually upset they went back to it and tried to make it look as good as it supposedly did before the 3DS downscaled everything lol. But they do seem to be coming at this as a fancy handheld first, and not necessarily a console? That's the impression I get.

I'm such a stupid sucker for these cute Pokemon and trainer designs and I think a lot of the areas looked really pretty so I am all in. But I understand the complaint. I do sorta wish you could at least pick your path a little more or something. The routes seem to be more sprawling/open at least?

Recon

Art of War
Awards

It’s definitely Germany and I called it. And the starters are pretty meh.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Sure it's based on Germany?

rN9mLnm.png

The region looks like upside down UK

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I think a lot of people will hate me for this, but I think Pokemon will never change drastically. How the world is layed out, how the Pokemon look, abilities, items, etc will slowly change or add more but it will always be a turn based RPG, will always be about catching them all, and will always be about becoming champion. I think the reveal of Sword and Shield should come as a warning to all those hoping the series will ever be drastically different, not to get those hopes up.

Of course, all I really want for each new game is more Pokemon and a "fresh start" in catching everything. So maybe I'm a bit biased. The game looks gorgeous and I prefer the Sun/Moon aesthetic more than the chibi style anyway. So everything looks great for me.

Starter wise, I'm leaning a bit towards Grookey myself, but it'll mostly depend on what they evolve into. I don't think Scorbunny is going to evolve into a Fighting type though, because it's possible that Grookey will instead, as I imagine he'll be a gorilla by the end.

So my initial guess is Grookey will be Grass/Fighting (gorilla), pure Grass, or maybe Grass/Rock (smashing rocks). Scorbunny is pure Fire, Fire/Ground (because bunnies dig) or Fire/Fighting (because kicks), and Sobble will be pure Water, Water/Psychic, or Water/Ghost (both because of his chameleon invisibility).

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Holy crap, a grass starter I might actually wanna use since god damn Bulbasaur and Treecko! Treecko barely makes that list btw, I only ever used sceptile because he was fast and had a pretty cool design.

I always have to pick a water starter first in every pokemon game, however. They always have the same nickname as well: luva. Welcome to the team, new Luva!

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I have only one request from this game: More Fossil Pokémon. I still haven’t forgiven Gen 7 for not adding more of them.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

To add to Absent's request: a truly fearsome fossil pokemon. Literally NONE of them since maybe Omastar made me feel like they were truly scary or foreign to the pokemon world. Archeops was a step in the right direction, but Bastiodon and Rampardos honestly make me laugh because they look so silly. Tyrunt is simply way too cute and close in design to the other pokemon. Remember kabuto? Yeah, it was super weird looking, and kabutops was literally a giant sword-wielding praying mantis that looked like a strange alien. Tyrantrum is an okay design, but its pre-evolution doesn't do ANYTHING to stand out against other pokemon other than it happens to be designed after a dinosaur (which some pokemon, like meganium, had already done without being a fossil).

Knowing the new pokemon designs, however, I can't imagine that they'll ever go weird again. Ruby and Sapphire were the last time that we got something completely strange, and archeops was the last time that I think we got anything that was prehistoric enough. It's a weird world we live in where a pokemon like Golisopod looks like a fossil while Aurorus is a cute windsail and yet Aurorus is the fossil evolution.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well London does have a Museum of Natural History. There could be a location like that in SS to restore fossils. Instead of a dinosaur I want another prehistoric creature as a fossil Pokemon. Something like a Ground sloth or Mammoth.

Soldier

Awards

For fossils, I honestly would like to see them try an icthyosaur and an ancient crocodile. Hell, even a raptor might be cool.
According to online sources, most of the fossils in England are those of large dinosaurs, like the Baryonyx, Eotyrannus and Iguanodon to name a few. For large mammalian species they've got quite a ton available for designs. Irish elk, Cave Hyenas, Cave Bears, Woolly Rhinos and Mammoths. Ooh they've even got a scimitar Cat! (ancient relative of the Saber Tooth). So compared to Hawaii whose extinct species list is mostly birds (geese, Crows and finches to be precise) game freak has more to work with this time around.

As for a pokemon I'd like to see, I want them to tackle a suit of armor pokemon. Ghost/Steel type with a ghostly aura covering it. Perfect place for it given the classic knightly armor England is famous for.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

According to online sources, most of the fossils in England are those of large dinosaurs, like the Baryonyx, Eotyrannus and Iguanodon to name a few. For large mammalian species they've got quite a ton available for designs. Irish elk, Cave Hyenas, Cave Bears, Woolly Rhinos and Mammoths. Ooh they've even got a scimitar Cat! (ancient relative of the Saber Tooth). So compared to Hawaii whose extinct species list is mostly birds (geese, Crows and finches to be precise) game freak has more to work with this time around.

As for a pokemon I'd like to see, I want them to tackle a suit of armor pokemon. Ghost/Steel type with a ghostly aura covering it. Perfect place for it given the classic knightly armor England is famous for.

Okay, never mind. A sabertooth pokemon and an irish elk pokemon would be a way cooler idea.

And I'm just pulling your leg here but Golurk already fits the suit of armor aesthetic despite being a golem :p

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Trying to figure out what the diddly the legendaries could be based on and the only thing that comes to mind are Romulus and Remus, twins from Roman myth who were raised by a wolf.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

There were also two wolves who accompanied Odin in Norse mythology named Geri and Freki. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't reveal the two mascots alongside the starters.

Another theory going around is that it's the same Pokemon but with two different forms for mascots.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

For all we know that wolf logo might have nothing do to with the Legend(s), it could be a symbol for something else within the story like an organization or a game mechanic.

I'd like to see royal knights implemented into the story, imagine the possibilities. They could bring back Wisktrom.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

There were also two wolves who accompanied Odin in Norse mythology named Geri and Freki. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't reveal the two mascots alongside the starters.

Another theory going around is that it's the same Pokemon but with two different forms for mascots.

I have such a hard time imagining both legendaries being based on the same animal but that wolf head must mean something.

I could even see it being their "trio leader", especially since I don't expect a third version. Maybe Sword 2 and Shield 2 lol. Which better be a sequel if that does turn out to be true...

For all we know that wolf logo might have nothing do to with the Legend(s), it could be a symbol for something else within the story like an organization or a game mechanic.

I'd like to see royal knights implemented into the story, imagine the possibilities. They could bring back Wisktrom.

Yes to Wikstrom. Alola had a surprising amount of former characters so I am all for this dude getting more of a personality lol. I guess, assuming this game isn't just like Gen 6 with a barebones story and unimportant characters.

Soldier

Awards

Okay, never mind. A sabertooth pokemon and an irish elk pokemon would be a way cooler idea.

And I'm just pulling your leg here but Golurk already fits the suit of armor aesthetic despite being a golem :p

I don't know, the thing with golurk is that it's more of a "Roman Soldier" with the skirt being a dead giveaway. I could see the suit of armor being strong in physical defense and attack. For a gimmick, I guess it could only evolve with a honedge in the party. And for a starter, I'll probably pick scorbunny, but I know that it won't be a fire/fighting type because it's theme seems based on soccer players. So maybe fire/electric? It could use electro ball as a staple move.

WaltK

Awards

I have only one request from this game: More Fossil Pokémon. I still haven’t forgiven Gen 7 for not adding more of them.

I’d love to see my idea of “ancient forms” be implented: prehistoric versions of modern Pokemon that can only be obtained through fossils (random example: a sabretooth Pikachu).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I always forget Odin has others besides Huginn and Muginn. lol

That is pretty weird.

That'd be neat, but if that's what happens it better be that it starts in the one form but you unlock the other one later. Otherwise it's no different from having two different legendaries.

Back