• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Pokemon

Here's the full direct:

[video=youtube;4qBHfd2NtJs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qBHfd2NtJs[/video]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm actually really glad the titles ended up being real. Moon, here I come. C:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Its everything they just said lol. I mean, the fact that Pokemon from X,Y, OR, and AS can be transferred to Bank and then Sun and Moon wasn't said in the Direct I guess? I but I wouldn't know what to think if they didn't haha.
I'm actually really glad the titles ended up being real. Moon, here I come. C:

I need to know what the exclusives are before I really decide haha. But yeah, just on name alone, I do like Moon better a bit.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I'm actually glad they didn't show anything. That's going to mean there's going to be plenty of be shown by E3. I'm excited and happy, I'll be getting Moon. It's great you're allowed to transfer Pokémon from RBY to the bank and one of the things I noticed about the teaser there will be Pokémon from past regions. Which is a good thing.

D

Deleted member 36435

Alright guys. I'm picking up a Pokemon 3DS tomorrow because Chris convinced me to. I haven't played Pokemon since... whatever came after Platinum, but I didn't finish that one.

What have I missed?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

CcJk-HCWAAAqGzA.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/703235513185144832/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
interesting
A woodpecker?

The Pokemon ambulance was neat

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Alright guys. I'm picking up a Pokemon 3DS tomorrow because Chris convinced me to. I haven't played Pokemon since... whatever came after Platinum, but I didn't finish that one.

What have I missed?
Gen 7 was confirmed. And apparently the first Gen 7 pokemon is a woodpecker

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Glad we got Sun/Moon confirmation in the direct. Still leaning towards Sun, but we'll see what exclusives the games get as more info gets released. The holidays feel quite a ways away now.

Getting to transfer R/B/Y pokemon via PokeBank was a neat surprise at the end. There are ways you could do the transferring now with those games, but the process is a long and difficult one that I wouldn't commit the time to. So I'm pretty pleased with this.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

What have I missed?
Game wise? A lot but most of it was nostalgia cash grabbing so you can probably just jump right to X and Y.

News wise? Nothing.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Please, please for the love of God let there be a Poison type legendary/mythical Pokémon.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

SUN AND MOON CONFIRMED.

HOLY diddly.

I CAN'T EVEN WATCH THE DIRECT WITH AUDIO RIGHT NOW. BUT IT'S REAL. AAAAAH

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'm actually disappointed. I held out for so long on getting a Gen 6 game because I was waiting for a third version. Now I've just missed the generation entirely

Well, it`s not too late to catch up. Just occupy the time before Sun/Moon release with X or Y version

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm actually disappointed. I held out for so long on getting a Gen 6 game because I was waiting for a third version. Now I've just missed the generation entirely
That's probably why they've consistently changed up the formula. If no one knows what to expect, they're more likely to invest right away instead of holding out for an improved third version.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Kinda hoping they'll do the same they did with XY and drop hints to Gen II (still my favorite gen) And Gen IV I guess.
And that they'll decrease the variety available during the story until post-League. As much as I liked XY, the amount of pokemon available, especially in the first couple of routes was exhausting and kind of a disservice to the new ones. I'm not saying get rid of all old pokemon until the late game, but it could easily be lessened without much discomfort.

That they managed to make it feasible to transfer RBY pokemon is definitely the bigger surprise though, considering how different the code of those games was. I gues S&M has some sort of algorythm to make up for that. Kind of a bummer they couldn't put that in an update for the Bank to allow the same for XYORAS. I'm also guessing most Gen 1 pokemon will be unavailable unless transfered, and that it'll probably be a 1 way street yet again. (I also think it wouldn't be a stretch to see GSC coming to the e-shop)
Now I just have to know wether they fixed the Mew glitch, it would def help me decide wether or not to buy one of them.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Kinda hoping they'll do the same they did with XY and drop hints to Gen II (still my favorite gen) And Gen IV I guess.
And that they'll decrease the variety available during the story until post-League. As much as I liked XY, the amount of pokemon available, especially in the first couple of routes was exhausting and kind of a disservice to the new ones. I'm not saying get rid of all old pokemon until the late game, but it could easily be lessened without much discomfort.

That they managed to make it feasible to transfer RBY pokemon is definitely the bigger surprise though, considering how different the code of those games was. I gues S&M has some sort of algorythm to make up for that. Kind of a bummer they couldn't put that in an update for the Bank to allow the same for XYORAS. I'm also guessing most Gen 1 pokemon will be unavailable unless transfered, and that it'll probably be a 1 way street yet again. (I also think it wouldn't be a stretch to see GSC coming to the e-shop)
Now I just have to know wether they fixed the Mew glitch, it would def help me decide wether or not to buy one of them.

Well an interesting thing I thought of... They mentioned a while back that they would "simplify the gameplay" in Pokemon, which makes me think the EV/IV kinda stuff might revert back to something more similar to Gen 1's setup. Allowing the original games to transfer Pokemon to the new ones would be easier then too.

Sun and Moon. Still don't know whether it is Gen 6.5 or Gen 7. But I'm waiting for the legendary to decide which I'm getting.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Well an interesting thing I thought of... They mentioned a while back that they would "simplify the gameplay" in Pokemon, which makes me think the EV/IV kinda stuff might revert back to something more similar to Gen 1's setup. Allowing the original games to transfer Pokemon to the new ones would be easier then too.

Sun and Moon. Still don't know whether it is Gen 6.5 or Gen 7. But I'm waiting for the legendary to decide which I'm getting.
Its already been confirmed to be Gen 7 from different resources on Serebii. Not sure were this 6.5 came from.

Anyway, i just hope we get more Pokemon in this Gen than in Gen 6.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Just letting you guys know from the link Swoosh posted, they said "New Pokemon".

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

And just like that Gen 6 became my least favorite gen. I thought I'd never see the day were Gen IV would beat anything past it.

Back