• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Pokemon | Sword & Shield (2019)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
  • Mog Boss
God, if this continues for future games in the series, I don't know what I'd do. It's frustrating how this trend will continue so long as the games sell well, the big wigs in charge probably don't even hear the public outcry.
I mean, I'm certain they heard the outcry for SwSh, but again it made enough money for them to ignore it

Absent

More machine than man
Awards
Basically the only two things that are important from this presentation are New Pokémon Snap and the teased project for next week.

Zettaflare

See you in Shibuya
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
If the games next week are Let's Go Johto I'm curious to see what they will pick for the partner Pokemon

Absent

More machine than man
Awards
Just wanna clarify we have developers(Masuda) on record saying there's nothing being developed for the Let's Go series since October 2019 and it takes them minimum of two years to pump a game out. Even if they changed their mind, it is far too soon since they never reveal a game that early into production.

Absent

More machine than man
Awards
Let's Go Johto would take them less, seeing as how they have an already running engine and they can just copy/paste the Kanto segment of Johto.
There’s more to game development that just “making” a game. They need permission, planning, coordination and resources before they even begin and all that takes time too. There’s legal mumbo jumbo they have to do as well. When you put all that together with Masuda on record saying they haven’t started or planned anything with Let’s Go since October 2019, then it’s too early.

Wether or not it will be easy for them to make it is another beast of itself.

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
There’s more to game development that just “making” a game. They need permission, planning, coordination and resources before they even begin and all that takes time too. There’s legal mumbo jumbo they have to do as well. When you put all that together with Masuda on record saying they haven’t started or planned anything with Let’s Go since October 2019, then it’s too early.

Wether or not it will be easy for them to make it is another beast of itself.
Which is weird because it's a good series to bridge the Go and Mainline audiences together and throw the Go casuals into the Mainline games.

Unless Let's Go was a one off thing that they used to direct Go casuals into Mainline.

That in mind, I don't think we'll get an original Pokemon game until 2022 maybe. Unless the team working on the DLC is a portion of the full dev team.