• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Pokemon | Let's Go Pikachu!

I am so ready for new Pokemon...I always am though lol

As an added bonus we got the new trailer for Detective Pikachu
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmob-sA_jOk[/video]

I love this so much, I really am hyped for this movie.

Isn’t the common theory that the new region will be based on the UK?

It is, but I forget if there is any reason other than we went from America (New York) to France and then back to America again (Hawaii) so might as well go back to Europe? I guess lol.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Considering how slow the series evolves, I expect them to play things safe, with these likely using the same design as Let’s Go without the Go catching mechanics. That said, I would be so excited if they shake things up. I’d love for these games to have a similar design to DQXI with large and detailed environments without fixed camera angles, wild Pokemon roaming the overworld and interacting with their surroundings, faster transitions in and out of battles, etc. Pokemon has a lot of potential as a full scale console RPG, in my opinion. The main series could take this new direction while the Let’s Go games could carry on the traditional game design.

For a region, I’d like either a region based on Mediterranean countries (Spain, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Morocco) or Australia. The former would be great for influencing the architecture and geography while the latter would be great for animals to base Pokemon on. Gimme a platypus starter. Lol

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Wow that was the most underwhelming reveal trailer they’ve done. Usually they have an emotional lead up trailer with all past entries that builds up until the new titular titles.

I like the concept they’re going for but I can’t believe I’m saying this but SM and Let’s Go and had a way more hype reveal.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Sweet, a UK region. Also love how the fire starter is a rabbit. Called it. :)

Sword and Shield are kind of bland titles. Would have preferred King and Queen. What the heck is the third versions supposed to be called?

WaltK

Awards

Pokemon Scepter. Provided there is a third version, which I’m doubting considering recent track records.

I don’t usually make my final decision on starters until I see their evolutions, but the one appealing to me right now is Scorbunny, because I like rabbits.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Time to bring back this hype trailer.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8CF_m4cPs2g[/video]

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

I hope you all liked Digimon Season 2:

JcvBWUk.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Underwhelmed by the announcement, but maybe it's for the best. SM was hyped as heck by them but was mainly a disappointment.

I have no feelings toward the starters yet but it's nice seeing the fire starters are still following the Chinese zodiac.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Love the graphics, especially for the environment. It looks like the Player is just a better looking version of the Sun and Moon model, ideally they are animated better overall. If so, that's fine I suppose.

The camera angle and region design seems really great. I love all 3 of the starters so far. I need final typings/designs to decide this time probably.

JcvBWUk.jpg
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The only thing I mind here is the content wanking of Mewtwo and Charizard like...they already have two Megas Gamefreak, enough. Flygon and Zeraora would be cool also those legends sound dope.[/FONT]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

While Scorbunny is easily my favorite out of the three, I have a feeling he will become Fire/Fightning. Well we did take a break from that for two Gens, lol

WaltK

Awards

Been comparing the Galar map with that of the UK, and I suppose now would be a good a time as any nitpick at something that’s always kind of bothered me with regions after Sinnoh:

It bothers me that, from Kalos and onward, the regions just seem to be the whole of a country lumped together as one singular region, rather than it focusing on one particular part of it.

Let’s compare the UK and Japan: they are roughly around the same size (from my own estimation, when I compare them on a world map), and yet, in the Pokemon universe, the UK is considered as a whole region, while Japan (which, again, is around the SAME SIZE) has at least FIVE regions crammed in there (including Almia from the Ranger games).

Even Unova is at least based on a single state of the US rather than the whole thing.

Why couldn’t we get a region that’s specifically based on just the London area? Or Edinburgh? Or any specific county?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

The more I look at it the more it looks like a port. It looks exactly like SM but with better graphics. Let’s Go looked completely different and was on the Switch.

A while ago we learned that GF struggled to make Let’s Go and that game was so simple in design and content. It shows that they’re not taking risks.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

JcvBWUk.jpg

I DO like Digimon Season 2!

But anyway. Underwhelming is THE word for this. Wow. What a huge disappointment that our first real console main entry looks exactly the same as the last handheld entry.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Since the new region is based on England I would love it if we were able to visit Kalos again. Would be a good chance to use any concepts planned for Pokemon Z

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Might as well start talkin' 'bout what Pokes we want to see.

320px-Chaffinch_%28Fringilla_coelebs%29.jpg

I think the chaffinch would be a good choice for the common bird.

Back