• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Greninja wants to know your location
But yes, usually if a starter has a secondary type that is largely considered superior to the others, the other two will often learn moves to compensate for it (empoleon can also learn a lot of flying type moves to deal super effective damage to the other two starters). Sometimes it's like gen 6 where each starter's types are super effective against one in the traditional rock paper sense (fire/psychic is strong against grass/fighting, which is strong against water/dark, though water/dark is immune to psychic because of the secondary typing) But there will always be one starter that more people choose over another, and we have gen 6 to thank for it with Greninja being an excellent mon with good STAB, stats and and overpowered ability in protean (or battle bond for those who received the special greninja for gen 7.

More generic than Sun and Moon's protagonist? whose doofy unexpressive face graces the screen even during very dire moments and walks as though he has a stick up his rectum? give them time (which they don't have a lot of if it's going to be released this year, just saying).
Hey! I actually liked the Sun and Moon kids. At least their early designs. How could you not like the girl's weird chicken/glove hat? That too was meme worthy, not as much as Gloria but pretty memorable. But truthfully I didn't actually play the Sun and Moon games, but I liked that weird chicken hat in a Hawaiian setting. Her hair must have been sweaty though. Ultra Sun and Moon made her more generic :(

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Hey! I actually liked the Sun and Moon kids. At least their early designs. How could you not like the girl's weird chicken/glove hat? That too was meme worthy, not as much as Gloria but pretty memorable. But truthfully I didn't actually play the Sun and Moon games, but I liked that weird chicken hat in a Hawaiian setting. Her hair must have been sweaty though. Ultra Sun and Moon made her more generic :(
She must have been sweating throughout the whole game EXCEPT in Po Town and Mt. Lanakila, the only places where it isn't a tropical paradise.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Kinda unimpressed. It just looks bland. I’m assuming they used a lot of resources from Sword/Shield.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I feel like Quaxly is a reference to don Quixote. We saw windmills in the trailer and remember what happens when Quixote saw them...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just realized that Fuecoco isn't based on any of the remaining animals from the Chinese Zodiac. I know Cyndaquil and Fennekin technically don't qualify as a mouse or dog but now I guess that pattern is officially dead

Sonofjafar

Awards
Just realized that Fuecoco isn't based on any of the remaining animals from the Chinese Zodiac. I know Cyndaquil and Fennekin technically don't qualify as a mouse or dog but now I guess that pattern is officially dead
Even if they did continue that pattern, Game Freak would have run out of CZ animals eventually

Soldier

Awards
Even if they did continue that pattern, Game Freak would have run out of CZ animals eventually
Not for a long while actually, considering the chinese zodiac is comprised of 12 animals and the last one prior to Fuecoco is the rabbit, that meant they had the sheep, horse, snake and ox left to fill. Honestly surprised they didn't use the ox this time and went for a gator, would've fit with the whole "Spain" thing
Well, Cyndaquil is the "fire MOUSE Pokemon" and one of its inspirations is the shrew (a rodent), and if we're getting technical, foxes are part of the Canidae family (which is comprised of dogs and wolves). So the zodiac still held for gens 2 and 6 at least.
I feel like Quaxly is a reference to don Quixote. We saw windmills in the trailer and remember what happens when Quixote saw them...
He honestly strikes me more as a bull fighter given his pose, but there's no way we're not getting a Don Quixote inspired mon this time around.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Seems that, if nothing else, they've been updating textures. The seemless open world also gets me interested, it's clear that the Wild Areas and Legends were trials to figuring that out.
And I can honestly say that this is the first time I have no clue which of the 3 new starters I prefer (in a good way). In previous gens I've always had a preference from the moment I see them.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well, Cyndaquil is the "fire MOUSE Pokemon" and one of its inspirations is the shrew (a rodent), and if we're getting technical, foxes are part of the Canidae family (which is comprised of dogs and wolves). So the zodiac still held for gens 2 and 6 at least.
Cyndaquil always looked more like an anteater to me. Makes sense in hindsight with Durants being steel type, Cyndaquil could snack on them all day as a fire type.

Soldier

Awards
Cyndaquil always looked more like an anteater to me. Makes sense in hindsight with Durants being steel type, Cyndaquil could snack on them all day as a fire type.
Except heatmor exists for that express purpose. One of it's main inspirations is the echidna, which is essentially a spiny anteater in Australia. Fun fact: Echidna in greek mythology was the wife of Typhon, a legendary monster responsible for many of the ferocious beasts of myth. It's also a likely inspiration for the "Typh" in Typhlosion.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So I should've been nicknaming it Knuckles this whole time?

Soldier

Awards
So... anyone else theorizing what kinds of regional variants we'll get this time around? We know that they're going to be a constant in the series going forward (thank god) and they can definitely give a lot of mons some much needed versatility and additional moves. Keeping with the Spanish influence, I'm hoping for a tauros variant based on the Spanish Fighting Bull. Perhaps it is a little ironic considering how I hate gen I pandering (did we REALLY NEED to bring back Meowth and Psyduck if they're not getting regional variants?) but honestly if we're not getting a fire bull starter for the Spain inspired region we might as well rework one of the ones we already have.
Normal/Fighting type,
physical features: jet black fur, curved and pointed horns typical of SFB's, with it's whip-like tails ending off with little muletas (the cloth used to enrage the bull during the fight) OR make them more barbed at the end instead of fluffy.
Abilities:
Intimidate (obviously), Scrappy (of course) and anger point for its HA.

For moves... I'd say giving it superpower, body press and horn leech would be a great start. Tauros is already fairly strong enough to use them and it's plenty fast too. It's not terrible by any means, but additions to its already decent movepool would be quite beneficial to it. That is largely what regional variants do for the most part.
What do you guys think?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I speculate we'll get some new Charizard variant. Charizard got the short end of the stick with Mega Evolutions and that Dynamax feature. So they need to redeem themselves and give the world more Charizards!

Back