• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well I just found out Black and Black 2 cost over $600 for Nintendo DS, so I guess I will never play them.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Well I just found out Black and Black 2 cost over $600 for Nintendo DS, so I guess I will never play them.

I was under the impression you were going to emulate them seeing how anything before Gen 6 has shot up in price. Hell I saw Sun and Moon going for $70 a month ago. But yeah old Pokémon games have hyper inflated prices, HGSS, Emerald, Platinum and BW2 are the most expensive games because of how popular they are.

Soldier

Awards
How do I emulate them? I only have a DS, so if it's on SWITCH I can't do that.
There are some programs online that can run them, it's how a lot of people play ROM hacks. I personally don't know of any. Emulation is kind of taboo in certain circles as it is illegal, but there are some games out there that you legitimately can't play unless you
A: own the copy or
B: purchase one for an exorbitant amount of money
There is also eBay, I looked on there for used copies and they seem relatively reasonable (compared to 600 dollars anyways). I'd check there.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Ugh, I'll just stick to trying to beat the Battle Factory in HeartGold.

I tried finding videos of someone beating it. Is it possible to actually beat the Battle Factory?

2 quid is good

Awards
Ugh, I'll just stick to trying to beat the Battle Factory in HeartGold.

I tried finding videos of someone beating it. Is it possible to actually beat the Battle Factory?
Just spend 5 dollars on an r4 card, i won't point you in any direction because I won't advocate piracy publicly, but these things were a dime a dozen and were even sold in major supermarkets back in the day. From there on you can play pretty much whatever you want.

Also, the games have shot up massively since covid hit, in early 2020 BW2, HGSS and all were max £25 in the local retro chain here, but a few months ago i checked the prices and they're at £70, it's crazy! I blame the annoying gen x'ers reeeeeee

Soldier

Awards
guys... if bulbasaur is a plant.... does that mean he dies in the winter:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Considering one of the main weaknesses of the grass type is ice (which personifies winter in general), then yes. All grass starters before Gen 6 were based on animals that were susceptible to the cold to add further reason to keep them away from ice types.

Soldier

Awards
also,if blastoise has those water cannons....where does the water come from?
Quite simple really, A water gland that is located inside of it's body.
When dealing with fantasy creatures some creative liberties are needed to explain away the things that don't make sense. For example, how can pokemon breathe fire if there is no analogous creature in real life that does so? Say that it has a flame sac and call it a day. Besides, the anime more or less doesn't care about realism when you have Totodile using hydro pump and spraying out more water than its body could feasibly contain at any one time.

Awards
Quite simple really, A water gland that is located inside of it's body.
When dealing with fantasy creatures some creative liberties are needed to explain away the things that don't make sense. For example, how can pokemon breathe fire if there is no analogous creature in real life that does so? Say that it has a flame sac and call it a day. Besides, the anime more or less doesn't care about realism when you have Totodile using hydro pump and spraying out more water than its body could feasibly contain at any one time.
hm trueeee.... one last question
what would your opinions be on a machine that can recreate and fuse "pokemon types" such as a fire-ghost type charmander

Soldier

Awards
hm trueeee.... one last question
what would your opinions be on a machine that can recreate and fuse "pokemon types" such as a fire-ghost type charmander
There is Pokemon fusion generator, where you can fuse two pokemon together, melding the face and color scheme of one mon onto the body of another, like Viletung here
1643304760528.png
A fan game exists called pokemon infinite fusion that allows you to use DNA splicers (formerly Kyurem's special item) on all of the original 151 in a remade Kanto with Heartgold Soulsilver graphics. It's actually pretty interesting on what forms you can make, as they get both the level up moves of their original forms and even get new typings to complement it. A perfect example is this
1643304925680.png
Electrusaur, Electrode head and color scheme on Venusaur's body. Grass and electric (Not poison) and capable of learning from both movesets.

NoWay

Awards
Gen 9 confirmed

I don’t know how to feel about this. The game looks good but they will rush release a new game AGAIN

Back