• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Did they fix the Pokedex in Sword and Shield to include all Pokemon?
No, but for what it's worth they added back a lot of old favorites in the DLC, notably Luxray, Starmie and all fossils save for gen 4's Cranidos and Shieldon lines. For all it's faults, I loved how they managed incorporating the fossil mons without having to deal with Cara Liss.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why not!? That is abysmal!

I didn't even know they cancelled Staryu and Starmie from Sword & Shield!
Too much work. The more pokemon there are, the more work it requires to put them all in a game. When it's a 151 static B&W sprites that's one thing, 800+ fully 3D/HD models with multiple animations.

& honestly, SwSh seemed to struggle with getting in as many as it did, everything else about the game seemed to suffer. Trees would look they came from an N64 game, the animations......

How much worse would this game have suffered if they had focused on getting them all in? It's actually kind of embarrassing how much better the Let's Go game looked by comparison.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Too much work. The more pokemon there are, the more work it requires to put them all in a game. When it's a 151 static B&W sprites that's one thing, 800+ fully 3D/HD models with multiple animations.

& honestly, SwSh seemed to struggle with getting in as many as it did, everything else about the game seemed to suffer. Trees would look they came from an N64 game, the animations......

How much worse would this game have suffered if they had focused on getting them all in? It's actually kind of embarrassing how much better the Let's Go game looked by comparison.
I don't see the problem, it looks like that was the aesthetic choice which I don't mind. I wasn't expecting the characters to look realistic like The Last of Us Part II.

It's just sad to think that a day has come when some Pokemon may never see the light of day ever again, like Spearow and Fearow.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It comes down to 2 things: GameFreak have a STRICT schedule to follow, the games affect merchandise and the promotional material, all of which have a timeline. Second, GameFreak are below average developers, and that’s been true since Day One. When you have mediocre developers who can’t afford to have the time to get better, they end up releasing games that are unpolished or cut corners.

While the games makes less money than the merchandise, they affect the creation of new products, especially the TCG.

Soldier

Awards
Why not!? That is abysmal!

I didn't even know they cancelled Staryu and Starmie from Sword & Shield!
Oh Sword and Shield cut a lot of mons from the game, some of them make sense (I.E, you can't find Toucannon in Galar at all, which makes sense as it is a tropical bird) but add mons from Alola like Toxapex which is based on a Crown of Thorns sea star (a TROPICAL species of starfish that would not even have a chance of surviving England's polar seas) and others that would make complete sense like the Murkrow line are cut because apparently Corviknight is a good enough representation of crows in Galar.

And Staryu and Starmie not arriving until Isle of Armor does make SOME sense, most of what you explore in Galar is landlocked, so fully aquatic pokemon are kind of hard to come by. Yet the fact they still have the gall to focus mostly on Gen 1 mons (and YOU KNOW which ones made the cut and what didn't) instead of giving some other mons their time in the spotlight shows how much they cling to the past. It's sad really when fan games are able to make enticing plots and new designs that gamefreak wouldn't dare attempt to make even with all the resources they have at their disposal.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oh Sword and Shield cut a lot of mons from the game, some of them make sense (I.E, you can't find Toucannon in Galar at all, which makes sense as it is a tropical bird) but add mons from Alola like Toxapex which is based on a Crown of Thorns sea star (a TROPICAL species of starfish that would not even have a chance of surviving England's polar seas) and others that would make complete sense like the Murkrow line are cut because apparently Corviknight is a good enough representation of crows in Galar.

And Staryu and Starmie not arriving until Isle of Armor does make SOME sense, most of what you explore in Galar is landlocked, so fully aquatic pokemon are kind of hard to come by. Yet the fact they still have the gall to focus mostly on Gen 1 mons (and YOU KNOW which ones made the cut and what didn't) instead of giving some other mons their time in the spotlight shows how much they cling to the past. It's sad really when fan games are able to make enticing plots and new designs that gamefreak wouldn't dare attempt to make even with all the resources they have at their disposal.
They should focus on Gen 1. I wish they would do another remake of HeartGold and SoulSilver with the latest graphics. I wouldn't even mind if it only had Pokemon from the first 4 gens in it.

I'm glad I'm not into Pokemon like I used to be (the last game I was really into it was HeartGold). I played Diamond and X/Y (can't remember which one). X/Y was a turn off because of how easy the game's story was.

Soldier

Awards
They should focus on Gen 1. I wish they would do another remake of HeartGold and SoulSilver with the latest graphics. I wouldn't even mind if it only had Pokemon from the first 4 gens in it.

I'm glad I'm not into Pokemon like I used to be (the last game I was really into it was HeartGold). I played Diamond and X/Y (can't remember which one). X/Y was a turn off because of how easy the game's story was.
Well the most recent games BDSP have every mon from gens 1-4 if its any consolation. The game is even easier than X and Y if you can believe it until the elite four where it is notably EXTREMELY DIFFICULT when everyone has pokemon with perfect IVS, good moves and held items. And a drifblim with minimize and baton pass so you KNOW that it's hard.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well the most recent games BDSP have every mon from gens 1-4 if its any consolation. The game is even easier than X and Y if you can believe it until the elite four where it is notably EXTREMELY DIFFICULT when everyone has pokemon with perfect IVS, good moves and held items. And a drifblim with minimize and baton pass so you KNOW that it's hard.
Well Diamond was always really easy to me. I never thought their Elite 4 were hard. I can't really think of an Elite 4 that was hard. I wish they would make a Pokemon game that was challenging from the get-go.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Anyone see any of the leaked Hisuian variants? Glad to see that The starters got regional variants for their final forms

Soldier

Awards
Well Diamond was always really easy to me. I never thought their Elite 4 were hard. I can't really think of an Elite 4 that was hard. I wish they would make a Pokemon game that was challenging from the get-go.
Well they're hard now, and the worst part? all of the items to help make mons competitively viable are locked behind the post game, so you either need luck or higher levels to beat them. And to be fair, they did, Black 2 and White 2 have a challenge mode that increases the levels and AI of EVERY trainer you find, making the game harder. However, you need to beat the game initially to unlock said mode and start over.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well they're hard now, and the worst part? all of the items to help make mons competitively viable are locked behind the post game, so you either need luck or higher levels to beat them. And to be fair, they did, Black 2 and White 2 have a challenge mode that increases the levels and AI of EVERY trainer you find, making the game harder. However, you need to beat the game initially to unlock said mode and start over.
I was thinking about getting Black and White since I never played them and have a DS. I might think about that if I can find those games cheap.

Soldier

Awards
I was thinking about getting Black and White since I never played them and have a DS. I might think about that if I can find those games cheap.
Black and White isn't all that challenging on its own (Unless you're doing a nuzlocke). Black 2 and White 2 are vastly different than their predecessors, notably having mons from the past 4 generations added into the pokedex, with a lot of old favorites being available fairly early on.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Black and White isn't all that challenging on its own (Unless you're doing a nuzlocke). Black 2 and White 2 are vastly different than their predecessors, notably having mons from the past 4 generations added into the pokedex, with a lot of old favorites being available fairly early on.
Do I have to play Black and White 1 to play Black and White 2?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
BW2 constantly references BW1 and it’s a true sequel because it follows the same region and how the actions and consequences of BW affected it. Personally I recommend playing BW.

Soldier

Awards
It's actually best that you play Black and White 1 first before the sequels not only to understand the story better, but you also get access to something called memory link, which allows you to encounter certain mons and trigger specific events. It's honestly one of the best ways that the games connect in recent memory.

Back