• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The feudal Sinnoh game seems way more interesting then the DP remakes. Not a fan of the chibi look in the overworld

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I'm mostly curious if Legends is going to be compatible in some way with the remakes (or SwSh, for that matter)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Low key hyped for the new studio and see what they bring to the table. Game Freak has kinda dropped the ball tbh.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The Pokemon direct was really interesting, I’m not sure what I’m more excited for the Feudal Sinnoh game or the Diamond and Pearl remakes. I’m interested in seeing what the plot of the Sinnoh game will be like and if we will get any new Pokémon. Although the chibi art style for the Diamond/Pearl remake looks awesome.

Got to admit the direct is making me look forward to the second Pokémon Snap game, it looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun

Soldier

Awards

IDK what confuses me more, pokeballs somehow existing in feudal Sinnoh, or Lucas/Dawn existing in feudal Sinnoh.

Still, nice to see GF try a less orthodox approach, reminds me of this 1 piece of fan art from way back when,
Well pokeballs have been around for a while, I believe the third movie showed them as functioning similar to egg timers, with a dial that needed to be turned.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The lore behind poke balls in the games has been inconsistent.
Old supplementary material(Daisuki Club) stated that Poke Balls were created in 1925 by Prof. Westwood of Celadon University. However Drayden states that Poke Balls didn’t exist when he was young. There’s also the fact that Apricorn Balls have been framed as the origin of Poke Balls despite other regions ignoring that lore.
In the end, this all can be swept and explained under the Multiverse canon.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The lore behind poke balls in the games has been inconsistent.
Old supplementary material(Daisuki Club) stated that Poke Balls were created in 1925 by Prof. Westwood of Celadon University. However Drayden states that Poke Balls didn’t exist when he was young. There’s also the fact that Apricorn Balls have been framed as the origin of Poke Balls despite other regions ignoring that lore.
In the end, this all can be swept and explained under the Multiverse canon.
It's the inconsistency that makes me flat out ignore that part of the games. Point is: it's pokemon. You need something to capture them and anything aside from the balls would require your entire team to always be walking alongside you... wait why would I be against this?

Pokeballs are 1 thing tho, PC storage is another matter. Here's hoping your home has a nice little meadow for all your pokemon to frolic in.

Soldier

Awards
It's the inconsistency that makes me flat out ignore that part of the games. Point is: it's pokemon. You need something to capture them and anything aside from the balls would require your entire team to always be walking alongside you... wait why would I be against this?

Pokeballs are 1 thing tho, PC storage is another matter. Here's hoping your home has a nice little meadow for all your pokemon to frolic in.
They could do a hammerspace sort of thing with Hoopa, as it's rings function as pocket dimensions of sorts. Would be a relatively easy thing to implement, just have a ring near most towns.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm mostly curious if Legends is going to be compatible in some way with the remakes (or SwSh, for that matter)
I presume they remade Diamond and Pearl in the art style they have just to justify no compatibility between the three sets (DP, Legends and SwSh).

Same goes for Legends Arceus. It's an open world Action RPG, unlike ShSw.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

My headcanon was trainers could only work with 1 Pokémon at a time before poke balls were invented (à la Pokémon Conquest, anybody remember that one or just me?)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I mean the canon reason for 6 is that the MC is a prodigy in Pokémon training and caring.
The games since Gen 1 have emphasized that raising Pokémon is really hard and most Trainers can’t handle the burden of more than 1 Pokémon. It’s why you rarely see teams of 6. The PC is a convenient cop out, as it means that you can capture them all, AND care for them all.
Again you the MC are a prodigy, meanwhile the average trainer will never bond with more than 3 Pokémon.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Legends Arceus could be interesting if they implement the experimental new combat system correctly. Do we control the moves the battling Pokemon do?

I've seen a lot of people hating the Diamond/Pearl remakes because of the chibi aesthetic, but I gotta say I actually prefer it over seeing the region linearized and forced into having Gigantimax stadiums to make it compatible with Sw/Sh. It's a more literal remake. I'm also interested in seeing how the new studio handles the content. Online Underground Tunnel? Return of Secret Bases? Will the action give us the special endgame people have been missing since the original D/P?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I presume they remade Diamond and Pearl in the art style they have just to justify no compatibility between the three sets (DP, Legends and SwSh).

Same goes for Legends Arceus. It's an open world Action RPG, unlike ShSw.
I hope not. It's bad enough that you can't get all Pokémon off of Home onto the current games. But if they stay incompatible with each other it'd be even more frustrating. Like what'd even is the point of Pokemon Home if it doesn't let you bring your Pokémon form game to game. B

I'm way more excited for Legends Arceus than the DP remakes. I'll probably end up getting both, but an Breath of The Wild like Pokemon game is something I've been interested in for awhile now.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm very interested in the remakes, the artsyle is pretty appealing to me, but I'm very worried they will not be seen as "mainline" and we'll be forced to play competitive pokemon on swsh for another year, which is something we've never had before

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm really excited for Pokémon Legends Arceus, this looks like it will be everything I ever wanted out of a console Pokémon game. Haven't been this excited about a Pokémon game since I was a kid.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

For people afraid that it's going to be a 1:1 of Diamond and Pearl, just with new graphics, at least 1 thing from Platinum made it in. Now obviously it's pretty logical to include the Gracidea flower in the same way Platinum did, but there is a reasonable assumption that Mega's are coming back as well.

Off course, take this all with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I am not Japanese so Taisho means nothing to me.

This is what I found on Google:

a period in the history of Japan dating from 30 July 1912 to 25 December 1926

Soldier

Awards
You know, looking at the feudal sinnoh reminds me of a quote Motonari from pokemon conquest said
"There's a far off region where pokemon are captured in balls and carried around that way, how strange"
Obviously it's a bit of a stretch to think they had this in mind when coming up with that game, but who knows?

And in the Diamond and Pearl remakes, they'd better put the azure flute in, Their reason of "kids won't be able to figure it out" is so incredibly stupid, that I might even say a swear.

Back