• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
So galarian ponyta's a psychic type AND shield exclusive? then I wonder which mon will be sword exclusive, galarian and psychic. I guess this is the ninetales and sandslash of the region.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
So galarian ponyta's a psychic type AND shield exclusive? then I wonder which mon will be sword exclusive, galarian and psychic. I guess this is the ninetales and sandslash of the region.

Right now they're advertising Sirfetch'd as the Sword exclusive. I know that it doesn't really match Ponyta in any way, shape or form... But in the end, it doesn't have to. Still I'm hoping for a more fitting counterpart. There was a rumor with a Galarian Blitzle, but sadly that rumor was discredited when Galarian Ponyta was revealed to be Psychic instead of Fairy.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It'd be ironic if Blitzle ended up being the Fairy Type exclusive for Sword. But yeah, Sitfetch'd is pretty much Galarian Ponyta's "counterpart". It makes sense, they're both Gen1 Pokes.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I love Galarian Ponyta and have wanted a rainbow Ponyta/Rapidash for a very long time (like since Gen I), but I really hope the Gen I Galarian forms stop there (aside from Galarian Rapidash, of course!).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If SirFetch'd is a fighting type, then the counterpart being a psychic type makes sense. The only thing is that Ponyta will evolve, while SirFetch'd wont?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
If SirFetch'd is a fighting type, then the counterpart being a psychic type makes sense. The only thing is that Ponyta will evolve, while SirFetch'd wont?
Well, technically Sirfetch'd is the evolution, so it is comparable to Rapidash in this scenario.

It is weird that the version exclusives are not equally comparable to each other. Unless they are just marketing random exclusives across from each other, and there is still another new evolution to an old Pokemon in Shield and a Galarian line in Sword. That's my guess.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Sirfetch'd is a brand new evolution of an old Pokemon, whereas Galarian Ponyta is a Galarian variant. Even with Galarian Rapidash the comparison won't be there because Rapidash is already an existing evolution.

Not that I think that GF cares. lol

Soldier

Awards
Sirfetch'd is a brand new evolution of an old Pokemon, whereas Galarian Ponyta is a Galarian variant. Even with Galarian Rapidash the comparison won't be there because Rapidash is already an existing evolution.

Not that I think that GF cares. lol
Yeah, I think GF doesn't really care at this point, despite having a corporate megatitan in their hands, they've grown bored of making these games, and it honestly shows. It's grown to the point that fan games can capture the essence of what made it great as opposed to the original creators. Some of their decisions aren't sound, like giving fire lash to Heatmor, a good move, but wasted on a pokemon with a 4X ground weakness and nonexistent defense.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
...I'm not getting the hostility towards one new Pokemon being an evolution, while the other being a regional variant?

Like, I have no problem if GameFreak decides to exploit on regional variants as a means to fill in a regional dex.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I don’t get it either, there are far more problematic things that GF has done, like lying multiple times and getting caught.

Come November let them know how you truly feel by buying or NOT buying SwSh.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don’t get it either, there are far more problematic things that GF has done, like lying multiple times and getting caught.

Come November let them know how you truly feel by buying or NOT buying SwSh.
What did they lie about?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was a little worried Charizard wouldn't get a new form. It's only been how long since his two Mega Evolutions. So I'm glad Charizard is getting some much needed love instead of wasting it on Pokemon that could use the love like Typhlosion or the other Johto starters. Never change Gamefreak!

Sword and Shield? I wonder if they'll ever run out of dichotomies for Pokemon game version titles lol. Anyway, the newest installment looks awesome from judging from screenshots.

Soldier

Awards
So little town hero has been released to a very lukewarm reception, never have i seen a game and felt nothing just by looking at it. The national dex died for this?

Back