• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since Charizard seems to be Leon's main Pokemon it's safe to assume it will get a Gyanamax form as well. Maybe two

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Maybe that's how they incorporate Mega evolutions? Just have them be Gigantamax forms, so it keeps the design and possible typing/stat changes but is balanced around the three turn dynamic.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
luv8jymdo3931.jpg

There was another new Pokemon quickly shown in the trailer. Some sort of Elephant

Soldier

Awards
Hm, So they finally made drago
luv8jymdo3931.jpg

There was another new Pokemon quickly shown in the trailer. Some sort of Elephant
To me, it looks more like a sauropod, maybe it's the pre evolved form of a fossil? but we already have Aurorus and Amaura for that niche, so I don't know. Alternatively it could be based on an elephant but its placement in Galar is quite strange, as the only native proboscidean to those lands was the Woolly Mammoth, which mamoswine represents. Not that i'm complaining about more elephant pokemon though.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It kinda looks like if Tepig had gone down an elephant/mammoth evolutionary line and that was the middle stage lol

Soldier

Awards
It kinda looks like if Tepig had gone down an elephant/mammoth evolutionary line and that was the middle stage lol
Actually, looking at the area where the trunk/neck connects, it kind of looks like a tortoise. Possible Torkoal evolution anyone? It did get a generous buff in Alola with drought.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So far I'm leaning towards Sword. I'm not really a fan of more things being version specific. What's next? Genders?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Are people not going to address the Donphan in the room? Those new Max gimmicks are just inferior Megas with weaker Z moves.

They change forms like Megas.
They raise their stats like Megas.

You don’t have to dig deep for it, it’s on the nose.

Soldier

Awards
Are people not going to address the Donphan in the room? Those new Max gimmicks are just inferior Megas with weaker Z moves.

They change forms like Megas.
They raise their stats like Megas.

You don’t have to dig deep for it, it’s on the nose.
We did address the elephant in the room kind of, its the new pokemon.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Tyranitar (Godzilla) is in Shield.
Hydreigon (Ghidorah) is in Sword.
There's Drednaw (Gamera)
Tyranitar has a territorial rival in Duraluddon, whose basically (Mecha Godzilla)
The high number of confirmed Gen 5s suggests a good chance of Volcanrona (Mothra)

That grass monkey better freaking evolve into King Kong or I'll be seriously cranky.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm curious to see how the shiny versions of the new Pokémon look. Maybe a pink or baby blue Yamper, a white Corviknight, a black Duraludon, etc.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
there is not one thing about sword and shield that isn't underwhelming.
Choice of region, Pokemon, and gimmick aren't doing it for you? I've seen a lot of disinterest on places like Reddit myself.

For me the most underwhelming part of SwSh are the legendary mascots

Perkilator

Awards
For me, the only super underwhelming thing is that Gigantamaxing is just T H I C C Mega Evolution. Yes, even less exciting than no National Dex (which I didn't even care about from the start).

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
No National Dex isn't a deal breaker for me. I could enjoy a Pokemon game with a culled roster, despite the fact that TPC and Game Freak should have no issue putting everything in. The issue is that there is nothing about this game that looks new, good, or like a large step forward. It looks like a bad video game. Not a bad Pokemon game-- A low quality game experience altogether.

Back