• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Thought you hated Galarian Weezing? Though I would argue they made it better with access to neutralizing gas

The only mons confirmed (from the one trailer at least) are Starly, Psyduck Hoppip, Petili, Bounsweet, Combee, Drifloon, Kantonian Meowth, Stonjourner clauncher, Pelipper, Swablu, Pikachu (because of course), Blissey, Seviper, Larvitar, Magnemite, Lucario and the new starters. If it isn't on that list, then it's unknown if it will make an appearance, though given that Weezing recieved a galarian form, It would be poor form if they didn't put it in the next game, since it's so recent (cough cough Alolan Raticate, cough).
I hate Galarian Weezing. I love the original Koffing/Weezing line. I wish they would give Weezing a mega-evolution or a third evolution. Just nothing that looks as horrid as Galarian Weezing.

They could easily give regular Weezing access to neutralizing gas.

Soldier

Awards
I hate Galarian Weezing. I love the original Koffing/Weezing line. I wish they would give Weezing a mega-evolution or a third evolution. Just nothing that looks as horrid as Galarian Weezing.

They could easily give regular Weezing access to neutralizing gas.
Well, Galarian Weezing is primarily based around perfume bottles, british gentelman's top hats and the fairy typing is a reference to leprechauns. Personally I think it's a great design that references GB's problems with smog in the industrial revolution and spins it in a more friendly direction.

(Also, Kantonian Weezing has access to neutralizing gas, unlike most regional variants the only real difference between it and the galarian form is the hidden ability). It's also possible to get a Kantonian Weezing through NPC trading in the isle of armor. Whether or not you'd use neutralizing gas over levitate is up to personal preference though, but it makes Weezing a lot more predictable in the sense it's abilities trigger upon entry (except for Kantonian's stench).

Soldier

Awards
1649214834582.png
Hisiuan forms will apparently make their first main series debut in Scarlet and Violet, any thoughts?

Personally I'm glad they're not just a one and done thing, they have potential to be meta-changing with the various improvements that the new typings have given them. I'm looking forward to using my shiny hisuian braviary competitively, the blue eye flames and black body are just stunning, though I hope it doesn't get locked into it's hidden ability when transferring over, sheer force is better for it after all.

Sonofjafar

Awards
View attachment 15099
Hisiuan forms will apparently make their first main series debut in Scarlet and Violet, any thoughts?

Personally I'm glad they're not just a one and done thing, they have potential to be meta-changing with the various improvements that the new typings have given them. I'm looking forward to using my shiny hisuian braviary competitively, the blue eye flames and black body are just stunning, though I hope it doesn't get locked into it's hidden ability when transferring over, sheer force is better for it after all.
My question is how Hisiuan forms can appear in a game that supposedly takes place centuries after those particular forms went extinct

Soldier

Awards
My question is how Hisiuan forms can appear in a game that supposedly takes place centuries after those particular forms went extinct
Time capsule, duh.
That was how Pokemon were transferred from generation II games back to gen I. This time around it could just be the other way around (an earlier game transporting things to the next generation). It was also how you were supposed to get TM 95 in generation V by sending over the lock capsule obtained in HGSS, before they didn't release the event (lazy businessmen...).

That, or it could be explained by the fact that we just played through a game where time and space itself were malleable enough to bring pokemon from other points not only spatially (Johtoan Sneasel and Oshawott, Cyndaquil and Rowlett from their respective regions) but temporally (Porygon to an era where Pokeballs were recently invented, and not the cyberspace that it originally was created from). Plus, we've been resurrecting extinct Pokemon since gen I, whose to say that it hasn't progressed to the point where the scientists can't find the centuries old pokeballs and revitalize them?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Continuity doesn’t mean anything in Pokémon. They purposely introduced the multiverse/timelines to create whatever story they want without restrictions.

Soldier

Awards
So... does anyone have Pokemon Shield and the Crown Tundra DLC? I'm in need of a Kabuto with it's hidden ability (Weak Armor) and caught in a luxury ball. Willing to trade some high IV mons in exchange for that specific mon. Also for those competitive players I know that a lot of people think swift swim is a better ability but that's mostly for weather teams. I'm trying something new.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So... does anyone have Pokemon Shield and the Crown Tundra DLC? I'm in need of a Kabuto with it's hidden ability (Weak Armor) and caught in a luxury ball. Willing to trade some high IV mons in exchange for that specific mon. Also for those competitive players I know that a lot of people think swift swim is a better ability but that's mostly for weather teams. I'm trying something new.
Is it even possible to catch a wild Kabuto?

Soldier

Awards
Is it even possible to catch a wild Kabuto?
It is in the Crown Tundra DLC. A few of the mons that returned are the fossil mons from gens 1, 3 5 and 6, and you can find them inhabiting the overworld just as you would any other mon or in the max raid dens (which is how people are able to get Tyrantrum and Aurorus's hidden abilities of rock head and snow warning for the first time since their introductions). According to Omanytes shield dex entry a lot of them escaped captivity or were released to the wild and have now become somewhat of a nuisance.

(And as you can likely tell, Omanyte is exclusive to Sword and Kabuto is exclusive to shield, where both inhabit waterways and underground bodies of water. It's actually pretty interesting).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It is in the Crown Tundra DLC. A few of the mons that returned are the fossil mons from gens 1, 3 5 and 6, and you can find them inhabiting the overworld just as you would any other mon or in the max raid dens (which is how people are able to get Tyrantrum and Aurorus's hidden abilities of rock head and snow warning for the first time since their introductions). According to Omanytes shield dex entry a lot of them escaped captivity or were released to the wild and have now become somewhat of a nuisance.

(And as you can likely tell, Omanyte is exclusive to Sword and Kabuto is exclusive to shield, where both inhabit waterways and underground bodies of water. It's actually pretty interesting).
How were they "kept in captivity"? I thought they're fossil Pokemon? Does that mean they've been re-introduced into the modern world after the events of Red/Blue?

Soldier

Awards
How were they "kept in captivity"? I thought they're fossil Pokemon? Does that mean they've been re-introduced into the modern world after the events of Red/Blue?
To quote the exact dex entry for omanyte in sword "Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem." They are indeed fossil Pokémon, but sword and shield decided to do things differently. From a meta standpoint, the old method of resurrecting them from their fossil forms can't be done in SwSh as the only scientist that can revive fossils is Cara Liss, and uh, she's not someone you'd want messing with them. Having them appear in the wild also allows gamefreak to release them with their hidden abities as I mentioned and be caught in balls besides the regular pokeball.

So in answer to your question Fears, they were kept in captivity by the simple act of remaining with humans following their revival. However it appears that by sword and shield they've been reintroduced to the wild in the crown tundra, for better or for worse. It's not entirely clear how some of them survive (Tirtouga can be found in the frigid sea, a far cry from the warm environment it allegedly lived in) but they're common enough now that no one bats an eye/seems to care.
(Funnily enough this is sort of similar to one of the plots of Jurassic world fallen kingdom).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
To quote the exact dex entry for omanyte in sword "Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem." They are indeed fossil Pokémon, but sword and shield decided to do things differently. From a meta standpoint, the old method of resurrecting them from their fossil forms can't be done in SwSh as the only scientist that can revive fossils is Cara Liss, and uh, she's not someone you'd want messing with them. Having them appear in the wild also allows gamefreak to release them with their hidden abities as I mentioned and be caught in balls besides the regular pokeball.

So in answer to your question Fears, they were kept in captivity by the simple act of remaining with humans following their revival. However it appears that by sword and shield they've been reintroduced to the wild in the crown tundra, for better or for worse. It's not entirely clear how some of them survive (Tirtouga can be found in the frigid sea, a far cry from the warm environment it allegedly lived in) but they're common enough now that no one bats an eye/seems to care.
(Funnily enough this is sort of similar to one of the plots of Jurassic world fallen kingdom).
Well that's interesting and kind of sad. It makes them seem less special is Omanyte is just running wild. Shouldn't they introduce a non-fossil version of them if they've returned to the wild?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I wouldn’t pay much attention to it, they go back and forth with Pokémon distributions and bend the lore to explain it.

Soldier

Awards
Well that's interesting and kind of sad. It makes them seem less special is Omanyte is just running wild. Shouldn't they introduce a non-fossil version of them if they've returned to the wild?
That's not how it works in GameFreak's eyes. If you're referring to regional variants then a lot of factors need to take place first, such as time and environmental factors. As they are, the fossil pokemon haven't become a dangerous invasive species as much as they are finding their new niches in the modern world. For example, Omanyte and Omastar are kept in check by Carracosta, which previous dex entries mention it being their natural predator. And realistically this was going to have to happen at some point, because their hidden abilities are pretty good in competitive if you play your cards right. While I agree it makes them less special, it also gives them access to new moves that they didn't have before, like meteor beam, a solid special rock move that's not only powerful but boosts special attack. The only drawback is of course it being 2 turns but a mental herb solves that issue for one turn.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Has anyone played this Pokémon Fire Red mod called Pokémon Team Rocket edition? It’s not the debt as you’re probably thinking

Edit: now that I think about it. The idea of professor oak making red in a lab specifically to help take over kanto is pretty edgy but it does add an interesting idea for lore on missingno

Soldier

Awards
Has anyone played this Pokémon Fire Red mod called Pokémon Team Rocket edition? It’s not the debt as you’re probably thinking

Edit: now that I think about it. The idea of professor oak making red in a lab specifically to help take over kanto is pretty edgy but it does add an interesting idea for lore on missingno
No but I have been playing Pokemon Ephemerald, a ROM hack of emerald where nearly EVERY gen 1-3 pokemon has a regional variant, new typing and new abilities/moveset
personal favorites include
The Spinarak line, which goes from being based on trapdoor spiders to a cement mixer
Nidoran Male line, which evolve into angels that also look like knights (valkyries maybe?)
And Phanpy, who went from being a pure ground type to a Fire/Bug type, and according to the pokedex, uses its trunk to start small fires.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
LECHONKY BOI!

FUK0obnWQAAD6s_

FUK0pXXWUAERV4S

Ayla vs. Mr. Fantastic.

D

Deleted member 263385

areceus i'm getting 4 my bday looking 4ward 2 trying that out.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

No, but I love the Pokemon rom hack community! They've done a lot of good stuff!

areceus i'm getting 4 my bday looking 4ward 2 trying that out.
Hope you enjoy it! It's a breath of fresh air for the franchise!

Back