• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokémon: Rise and Fall

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace

Awards
It is a beautiful Spring day in the Kalos region. The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. The wind is gently rustling the leaves on the trees. The brooks of chocolate dappled into grander rivers. The unicorns were farting candy rainbows in the sky. And the lollipop meadows were singing show tunes while playing spoons.

Suddenly, a very loud boom filled the air.

"Sweet mother of crap!" A young woman shouted as her body jolted up in reaction. She looked around in a half-awake confused stupor. There was no streams or fields of sweets. Nor were there unicorns that flatulate reflected light. Though the ones in this world might fart combustion reactions. I don't know. I never looked into it.

It took a couple of seconds for Matilda, the waking girl, to realize she was just dreaming. She put her face into her hands muttering "Ugh. No more mushrooms before bed," as she thought back on her snack before her nap. She leaned back down on her buddy Nova, a giant, cream and dark blue, fire-breathing honey badger called a Typhlosion.

It took Matilda a few moments to notice but a presence that should be on her head is not there. "Ah, dang it. Where'd it go?" She asked aloud while searching the immediate area for her hat. Let's see, I know I put it over my eyes before I went to sleeeee- Now I figured out how I lost it. A minute later, she found it and placed it where it belonged. She turned around to see Nova still sleeping soundly.

"Oi, Nova. Rise and shine," The young woman told her gently while rubbing her shoulder, a part of her not wanting to wake her Pokémon up. Her partner released an adorable yawn as she woke up. "Come on, we've got stuff to do."

They turned in the direction of the loud boom from earlier and was met with the sight of a large stadium firing celebratory fireworks in the air. "Jeez, can't they be a bit quieter about it," Matilda complained to Nova as she stretched her arms. She turned her head toward the fire badger she was sleeping on and asked her "You wanna walk or no?"

Nova picked her head up looked at her trainer for a second then put her head back down to try to go back to sleep. "Okay," the bronze-eyed girl said fishing a red and white orb the size of a ping-pong ball called a Poké Ball out of her pocket. She pushed the white button in the middle of it to make it expand to the size of a baseball before pointing it at the Typhlosion. A red beam came from the ball and hit her, converting her into energy preceding going back into the ball. After Nova returned to her Poké Ball, Matilda started walking to the stadium to register for the local tournament. And this is such perfect nap weather too.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn smiled. He loved it when beautiful weather was upon him because it pumped him up to see what would happen today... "I think I'll avoid using my main crew today..." He walked into the pokemon center and pulled two pokeballs off his belt before he logged on. He was greeted with the familiar bearded face of the man who gave him Goku. "Morning Renn... been about a week since you last called eh? still having a hard time with the Elite 4 still?" "Not exactly... I've been training... besides I'd like to switch it up... I'll give you Sapphy and Gurren Lagann and you hand over Lockjaw and Rexaur okay?" "always cutting to the chase eh? that's what I liked about you... good luck!" "Thanks. see you professor." He took Feraligator and Tyrantrum and put them on his belt. He soon turned towards the stadium to test his skill in the tourney.

But as he entered the door he was bumped almost to the ground by a young woman who wasn't paying attention. "Watch what you're doing okay? you almost knocked me down!" He spoke calmly but firmly to make sure it didn't start anything... just to let her know to be careful.

Peace

Awards
As Matilda strolled to her destination, a myriad of thoughts ran through her head. I just know today's gonna suuuuck. Especially with this tournament with all the trainers and Pokémon. Not to mention all of the people watching. Her stomach start gurgling in nervousness. Urg. I think I'm getting sick, she commented as she wrapped an arm across her stomach.

That all came to a stop when she bumped into someone. "Huh?" was all that was uttered before she was met with some guy yelling at her. When he stopped, she said "Sorry!" a little too loudly for her taste, causing her to turn a little red in embarrassment. She took a breath and asked "Are you alright?"

Meanwhile quite a distance away, a redhead was talking on his cell phone. "Is everything ready, Grandpa?" he asked the person on the other end.

"Yes. Are you sure you want to do this, Spencer?" A concerned voice questioned.

"Yeah. I'm positive," the hooded redhead answered. With a resigned look towards the sky, he added "Besides, it's too late to go back on it now."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye," Spencer replied before hanging up. With a sigh, he said to himself "Might as well act like a proper participant." After saying that he walked to the stadium to see Renn and Matilda in an... argument? Staying away from that, he thought as he entered the door next to them.

He walked up to the reception desk and greeted the receptionist "Hello. I'm here to sign up for the tournament." While doing this he flashed her the letter he received. The moment she looked up to meet his eyes, they slightly widened in recognition.
"Of course," she said after looking over the letter quickly then getting a sheet from the shelf next to her. After handing it over to him, the receptionist said "Here you go."

"Thank you," he replied with a smile before sitting down to fill it out. It asked for the basic stuff: Name, address, phone number, PC Box routing number, emergency contacts, etc. After completing the form , he handed it back to the woman at the desk. The tournament's employee accepted it without a word and had it scanned to make sure everything was legitimate. A few seconds later it beeped as the results printed out preceding the receptionist saying "Okay, you're good to go."

Spencer nodded before going to the stands to sit there in before the tournament starts.

After receiving her answer, Matilda walked by Renn and signed up for the contest as well. She then sat on a nearby bench to try to calm her nerves for it.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Spending a small amount of time quarreling with the lady made Renn feel anxious because what if he didn't sign up in time? good thing was he was able to sign up after Matilda without a problem. He sat next to Matilda and apologized. "Hey I'm sorry about that... I wasn't really trying to start anything... let me formally introduce myself. I'm Renn." he tilted his head down to emulate a bowing motion as he took his seat. He soon noticed a rumbling in his belt and suddenly his Absol popped out and started rubbing her head against his. "Ebony you jumpy trickster you... you were jealous of me resting with Lightning last night when it was your turn weren't you..." He hugged the large cat like creature and just stayed there... "you feel better now?" she nodded her head and smiled with a "Sol!" before disappearing back into her ball.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
The sound of fireworks and fan fare sounded off in the distance as the large Kalos Colosseum was a buzz with people and pokemon alike. Alphonse on the other hand was way off the beaten path towards the Colosseum in a small thicket of dense wood. He was standing in a circle made by his many ghost pokemon and was giving them a bit of a pep talk and a bit of a scolding since so many of them were such trouble makers. "Now listen up guys, I want everyone to give it their all out there while we are participating in the tournament. Also I don't want any more trouble from you guys either. I would really rather not have to scold you guys in public if it can be avoided. I'm talking to you Cheshire and Plasma....Where is Plasma?"

His Gengar was standing right in front of him looking a little antsy. His Chandelure was to his left looking strict and was telling it off to his Trevenant who was standing so still and quiet it seemed like a tree. Spiritomb and Golurk were sitting next to each other, one looking like an ant and the other a huge person. Automaton was larger than most Golurk so it tended to look huge next to anyone, even it's own kind. Suddenly Al heard yelling and a large boom followed by the looks of a smoke cloud and a very giddy looking Rotom darting into the clearing looking pleased with itself, closely followed by disgruntled trainer with a very new hairstyle than she must have had before.

"Where is that pokemon that messed up my hair!" The girl yelled towards the group. Al looked very angrily toward Rotom who suddenly no longer had a grin on it's face and was moving slowly to hover behind Willow and out of sight. Al turned to the girl and stopped her in her tracks. "I am very sorry that Plasma did this too you, I was just in the process of pep talking my pokemon now and telling them to behave, Plasma must have slipped off before I had a chance to say anything. He sort of bowed a bit. The girl looked a little less angry and a little more nervous standing around so many ghost pokemon. The girl was dressed in a very fancy sun dress and was toting around a Igglybuff in her bag on her arm. "You know what, i'll not worry about it anymore..." With that she turned in a hurried fashion and left the thicket.

Alphonse sighed heavily and turned back to Willow who was actually moving now and with the look on Al's face was moving quickly out of the way of Rotom, knowing full well it was going to get an earful. "Plasma, what have I told you about electrocuting people? I was telling you to behave while we are here. You must do as I say or there may be trouble." With that he pulled everyone back into their balls and set off out of the thicket and up to the Colosseum. Of course Chandelure wouldn't spend much time in it's ball and as he neared the entrance it simply sprung from it's pokeball and was at his side giving a look of confidence his way. "I know Lucerna, I have to be strong and cool." The exact opposite of what he usually was.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Locke had been waiting for an eventful day as such. Tournaments were held all the time, but now he could finally reveal his brilliant intellect to the world! Watching the clouds hover through the sky as gently and freely as the pokemon on the beach with him, gave him a sense of tranquility that he was oh to fond of. *Splash!* A shadow had flew over his view, but it's speed wasn't that of a flying type. Then it landed less than 4 feet away. Keldeo. Sword of Justice and resolute in form. Locke removed his Pokedex and began scanning it, though he already knew who it was. As soon as the pokedex finished, with a confirming ring, Locke placed it in his pocket as it said, "Keldeo! A-" Locke stated, "Keldeo!" It looked over at him and they began to speak, "You're talking to me? What's up?" Locke continued, "I want you to do battle with me! Then travel the world as my personal companion and comrade!" Keldeo looked into the waters, continuing to bathe and enjoy itself. Locke sat down, waiting for an answer. His pokemon acknowledged his plea and came back to prepare for a battle. Locke and company stood waiting for his response, when Keldeo said, "How many pokemon have you said that to..." Locke stated, "Eh... Just these six." Keldeo replied, "Hm... I'll battle with you, but I don't think I like being couped in a ball."

Locke continues, "Not even an ul-tra ball??? Huh?" Keldeo smiled and said, "Ready!" Locke looked at Mewtwo and said, "Ok Mewtwo. This is it. The battle I wanted you to assist me with." Mewtwo replied, "I see. An opponent worth my while, but why not continue together?" Locke continued, "The rules state, Only on legendary pokemon per trainer. Personally, I would much rather weigh my odds with Keldeo's diversity than your immense strength. Plus, I also know that you ahve your reasons for choosing the Pokemon Garden as your home. Keldeo has travelled the world just as you and I would like for him to also explore the wonders of friendship as we have. Would you rather be released or become the first pokemon I register into my database?" Mewtwo looked towards Keldeo and said, "I'll rest within your database if that's what pleases you, but I shall see if this opponent is worthy myself..."

Mewtwo raced towards Keldeo with Locke screaming, "Future sight!" Keldeo presented Mewtwos glaring eyes with a ram to the face with his horn. Keldeo continued towards the receding Mewtwo and watched as he vanished before striking Keldeo at the torso. Keldeo skid across the water, before causing the water itself to rumble and wave towards Mewtwo. Mewtwo took to the skies and used Psycho Cut. His blade clashed with the wave causing a minor explosion and rainy screen. From the mist came a shine, followed by an adamant Keldeo. He raced towards Mewtwo with a ball of light at his hooves. Mewtwo charged towards Keldeo encased within a ball of energy preparing for a full body Psystrike. Upon clashing with Keldeo's Focus Blast, Mewtwo continued towards Keldeo with Miracle Eye, stunning him, and left Keldeo open for the finale. Mewtwo asked Keldeo, "This power I have was born of this boys conviction, as well as processed and honed towards aiding him and his friends along their Journey. Can you keep up with such a pace? Can you maintain the guidance of him and his comrades, as well as balance the order applied to their freedom?" Keldeo answer while stunned, "You've yet to see my true ability." Keldeo became unstunned and changed into a resolute form. He then stated, "I have friends that have shown me the oath of camaraderie and friendship. This is my answer!" His horn started to shine and he attacked Mewtwo with Secret Sword. Mewtwo used future sight again and took the blow head on. The first strike was a fabulous blow, sending Mewtwo back towards the shores. Locke was glad to see that Mewtwo wasn't over doing it, but also knew that he need to get closer to make the final capture.

Keldeo was abruptly halted in his follow up slash, by a punishing blow from Mewtwo. His future sight ability had already predicted the incoming Secret Sword and sent Keldeo towards Locke. Before he knew it, Mewtwo was inches in front of him, and launched a miracle eye as Keldeo looked up. Locke walked into the waters, which were now to his knees. The bottoms of his pants soaked, but the nearby Keldeo worth the drench. He pet Keldeo and stated, "Do you think its worth it?" Keldeo replied, "I know your plight is a noble one, but what will I tell the Swords?" Locke stated, "Nothing! We will go win the Tournament then you can decided whether you stay or go. After all... I do have a Mewtwo to take care of." Locke smiled at Mewtwo and looked back towards Keldeo. "So?" Keldeo, still stunned, stated, "Grrrrgh... Not yet!" His blade grew longer and apparently stronger due to his Sword Dance ability. Mewtwo then saw this moment to show the difference in their prowess. Keldeo lunged with his Secret Sword, and was confronted with a Psycho Cut. The psychic slash in the air, clashed causing another explosion. Keldeo emerged form the haze with his shining blade. To be launched back into the smoke with a close range Psycho Cut. This time, he was thrown by Mewtwos physical hand before being sliced by the emblem on his chest. The resulting wave strung Keldeo back into the shallow waters, and at Lockes side, before another Miracale Eye was shot at him. Before the Miracle Eye hit, Keldeo looked at Mewtwo in awe at his merciless nature. Still not noticing that the blows within this battle was nothing like true prowess.

Keldeo stated, "Before we leave... Why would you choose to bring me? Is their something special I have that he doesn't? He's stronger, wiser, and even more diverse than myself. Why me?" Locke stated with an encouraging smile, "Something tells me that you and I are meant to be bonded to one another. Whether we win or not, we can at least say we gave it our all and learned from it. I'm the type who likes to take on a challenge. I know you are similar in nature, so there's no way we can be defeated! Just follow my lead." Keldeo was ready to give in to the obviously unrelenting Locke. Locke removed his ultra ball, gently tossed it in the air, and waited until Keldeo was secure. Locke picked up the ball and removed Mewtwos Heal Ball. Mewtwo charged at Locked and stopped with his energy field still up. "So you would rather the sword over the mind?" Locke stated, "Eh. I figure they go better hand in hand, but I doubt that will happen in this case and scenario." Mewtwo replied, "I would love to battle beside the young warrior sometime." Locke shrugged and said, "Eh. I don't think you guys make a good set. Still... His Secret Sword and Focus Blast were awesome!" Mewtwo, slightly turned before landing and looking towards the waves. "Hm." Locke flipped his scarf around to reveal the hidden pokeballs. He traced a smile, pressing each button on the face of the pokeballs. Mewtwo peeked at Locke with a smirk before returning and only Kirlia remained.

Locke states, "Hey Kirlia teleport!" Locke appeared at the Poke' Center and returned his Kirlia returned to her pokeball. Locke told the tenant, "Just this one!" The tenant looked at the ball and said, "An ultra ball huh?" He placed it in the machine and continued, "What you got in there?" Locke replied, "My secret weapon! He's gonna take over the top! A legend birthed right from the Kalos region itself. Also I need to place this one in a safe place. I'd like to keep my heal ball if possible... >.>" The tenant looked at Locke and said, "No problem! I'll store it right here." *ding* "Heres your secret weapon. Good luck in the tournament!" Locke replied, "Thanks! Kirlia one more!" Locke appeared at the Tournament desk and stated. "Am I to late?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back