• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokémon - "Can you even get hard?"

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I've mentioned it a while ago, the last shiny I've obtained was a shiny Lunatone from the GTS but unfortunately from the looks of its description, it's definitely hacked.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Does Red Gyarados count? haha

I suppose. It's still a shiny; just not through more difficult methods like randomly, Masuda Method, etc. I love Red Gyarados; very nice color scheme and amazing plot device for the storyline.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I honestly don't see the point of farming countless hours for a shiny Pokemon. If it doesn't have the best nature when you capture it then why even bother?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I honestly don't see the point of farming countless hours for a shiny Pokemon. If it doesn't have the best nature when you capture it then why even bother?

^
thank you I think of the shiny pokemon as a gift from nintendo.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

You can control/increase the probability of its stats to a certain degree through synchronizers, everstones, IV enhancing held items, etc. Gyarados is obviously one of the easier ones. Though if one were to learn RNG, they can get flawless shinies in an extremely short time. Personally it hasn't taken too long for me concerning the old fashion way and it feels more rewarding this way. I've been able to get over about 30 shinies.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I wish they didn't make finding shinys so hard! its ridiclous. I think I just got lucky finding that shiny Noctowl. It happened pretty early in the game too.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
You can control/increase the probability of its stats to a certain degree through synchronizers, everstones, IV enhancing held items, etc.

Use what with the what with a who now? I'm assuming these must be things that exist post-Diamond/Pearl because I've never heard of those things.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Use what with the what with a who now? I'm assuming these must be things that exist post-Diamond/Pearl because I've never heard of those things.

Synchronize is an ability that increases the chances of a wild Pokemon getting the same nature as the Pokemon you're using. Notably Abra, Espeon, etc. has this ability.

As for the everstones and EV enchancing items, if one of the parents are holding an everstone while breeding, it has a 50% chance of the offspring inheriting its parent's nature. If the parent is holding an EV enhancing item, it'll guarantee to pass down a specific IV for the offspring like a value of 31 for Special Attack.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Synchronize is an ability that increases the chances of a wild Pokemon getting the same nature as the Pokemon you're using. Notably Abra, Espeon, etc. has this ability.

Oh, right, I had no idea that did that. I thought it was just a battle thing.

As for the everstones and EV enchancing items, if one of the parents are holding an everstone while breeding, it has a 50% chance of the offspring inheriting its parent's nature. If the parent is holding an EV enhancing item, it'll guarantee to pass down a specific IV for the offspring like a value of 31 for Special Attack.

I think I remember doing something like that. I didn't spend hours on end hatching pokemon eggs while riding my bike with a Slugma in my party for nothing.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
alright just rented pokemon black and got my 3DS now, can't believe how much I forgot about the game. Still loving it, I started with Snivy this time.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Anyone remember this thing?

g18579ca55y.jpg

I remember starting a new game with Jirachi as my starter Pokemon. It was boss.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I don't remember ever seeing that, but heck my only pokemon Colosseum game I had was on the N64 after that I stayed away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back