• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Pokémon βeta Version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm pleased to see that Professor Olive considered helping Infi. Aspen still feels like a traitor to me, but I'm suspicious of the others too. For all I know, most of the Professors could of been in on getting rid of the director/professor Figs. Regardless, I wonder if, Leaf's personality change, if she gets help from Olive. ouo Quite suspenseful, when you really think about it.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 8: Reborn

I finally woke from that terrible nightmare that tormented my mind and body for days. The burning sensation that flowed through my veins for hours droveme insane, it was now replaced by a sharp coldness. My body felt numb and I couldn't move. I slowly opened my eyes to see myself covered in a freezing white mist. The restraints were no longer there, instead my body laid frozen. My skin was a deadly pale tone, with some frost attached to it, my clothes became rigid as if the fabric also froze. My vision was blurry with ice, possibly from the frost that was hanging from my eyelids, and mouth felt as if I swallowed a bunch of sand and cotton balls. I tried to focus more around my surroundings but I could only see more mist and...Is that glass? I slowly turned my face to see my surroundings, only to be greeted by horribly tensed muscles. My neck felt as If were made of rusty metal, roughly sliding with sharp friction as I turned. I kept focusing through my tired and pained eyes and saw the outline of a glass cage. The design reminded me of those old oil candles they used back in the days.

I couldn't see much past the glass since it was also frozen, but the gleam reflected from the light above me confirmed it was actual glass. I need to get out of here. I tried moving my limbs but to no avail, anything lower than my neck was disconnected from my nerves. I was basically a vegetable, I couldn't move anything except my neck and my mouth felt like I have eaten a beach. Maybe I could speak? I slowly gaped my mouth and tried to call for help, but the only sound that came from me was a very low wheeze. A painful whisper. Not only it hurt to open my mouth but trying to make a sound strained my throat. I was done for. I couldn't protect me and my Pokemon because of my brash behavior, and now I was done...Useless. My poor Bulbasaur, the fear it wore on its face as it ran towards me trying to escape Ghost's attack. Have I been a good Trainer I could easily prevented all of this, but now. I was no Trainer, let alone a Corrector. I failed my Pokemon, Infi, and me. Sigh. What now? Do I die? Do I fade away? Or do I slowly freeze until I become ice. Either way it doesn't matter, It's clear that I'm done for. I wonder...What happens to me when I'm gone? Do I completely disappear or will I be reborn? Pfft yeah right, since when does data reincarnates.

I decided it was best to abandon all thoughts as I closed my eyes, welcoming eternal rest.
~~~

Two figures entered the cold room, one of them was Infi and the other was a youngster. The boy wore a lab coat with a surgical face mask, while Infi retained her usual apparel. Both of them made their way to the glass cage.

"I see she's stable, good. Judging from her temperature I say we have an hour or two until the effects return. We best start right away." Spoke the boy. Infi looked down at him and nodded. She turned around and went to the monitor to begin the operation. She began to type commands that lit up the whole room and turned on the machinery. The glass cage slowly rose, letting the mist escape from the bottom with a sharp hiss. Leaf's examination table began to lower itself to the boy's stature, when it passed his stomach it stopped. Infi paced towards the table, holding a trey of tools.

"Computer, begin running a secondary status test." Commanded the boy. A blue hologram screen appeared before him, it showed a loading screen with Leaf's body and it its sections.

"Beginning test. Starting body scan. Scanning." Announced the computer. The boy began to move around letters and icons in the floating screen as Infi stared at him.

"Scan complete. Subject is currently stable, processing speed is below standard performance. Hypothermic effects have slowed and stopped the following actions and scripts." The hologram now presented a list of words; the boy nodded and swiped the screen.

"Good. Computer identify the area in which the virus entered through." The computer quickly began to scan Leaf's body starting from head to toe. Passing a red laser through her body.

"Scans show the compromise occurred through the left shoulder plate and part of the chest." The boy brought up an image of her anatomy and outlined her shoulder and chest area with a red line.

"Very well. I shall begin." He turned to face Infi and both of them nodded in understanding.

"Computer begin Protocol R3C0D3." He commanded as he stared at his sleeping patient. The monitor lit up red with a warning sign.

"Warning! Performing a Recoding Operation without Executive Clearance is prohibited." Blared the screen with red. The boy gave a frustrated sigh and turned to face the monitor with an angry stare.

"Yeah, yeah I know. Just begin procedures." He barked.

"Voice Recognition required. Please state your rank, name and number."

The boy removed the surgical mask from his face, revealing a big smile.

"Professor Olive, 008."

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 8: Cont

After the operation was finished both Infi and the boy were going over data from the results. They seemed to be relaxed yet their silence hinted they were worried about something. They boy was typing into the monitor while Infi stood staring at Leaf's resting body. Infi's eyes were fixed on Leaf's sleeping and calm face, thinking about the deal she just made with the young professor. She was deep in thought questioning whether or not it was worth it. She shook her head in disagreement with her thoughts, she knew she made the right choice. Leaf was more than a program, she was a friend and she knew that Leaf would do the same for her.

"Thank you for helping my friend, Professor Olive. This means a lot to me...And I accept your terms." She breathed. The professor stopped typing, a wicked smile came across his face.

"No, thank you. I understand what I asked of you is...dangerous but I assure you, there's a good reason for this." He replied, still facing the blue screen.

"I know, however you do understand that this could also be dangerous for you?" She asked while slightly turning her head to the side. The professor lowered his hands from the keyboard and unto his lab coat pockets, his gaze now facing the floor.

"Oh trust me I know."

~~~

When I came to again, I was no longer inside that freezing glass cage, instead I was in a bed snugly tucked in. The room I was in was bright with color, green with the same line designs from the Center. Even the bed matched with my surroundings! I turned my head to inspect the room and noticed that my neck didn't hurt, or my body for that matter. I lifted my hand to see if I could move my limbs, and surprise! I could! I shifted my legs around to see if I was mobile past my waist, the sweet sensation of my legs brushing against soft covers felt amazing. No pain, just comfort! I was grinning like an idiot. Wait! What happened to me?! I was sure my body was in pain hours ago, wait a minute. The glass cage! I quickly rose from the bed and headed towards the door, before the door could slide open a small hologram appeared in front of me. A floating small red letter X jumped at my face, pushing me to move back into the bedpost.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! You are under room arrest until you are well rested!" Blared the little red apparition.

"Room arrest?" I asked in disbelief. The red image morphed into a blue blob with two black dots for eyes. Wait a minute...Is that a Pokemon? The blue glob noticed my curiosity and began to fly around me, eyeing me.

"Hmm you seem well." It said as it stopped in front of me. Those two dots focused on me, like it was staring right at my fake soul.

"Is everything alright?" I asked it with uncertainty.

"So it appears. Anyways my name is Detta." It stuck out its small little nub of a hand out to me and I grabbed it, shaking it. It was squishy, just like I imagined.

"My name is Leaf." I replied with a smile. This little blob was cute, I wanted it to hug it!

"Hello Leaf, in case you were wondering I am not a Pokemon, however my appearance and abilities were based on one, Ditto. So no throwing Poke Balls at me, you hear?!" Its voice was small and squeaky like a child's. I could only smile at its request.

"Yes, I understand. Um Detta could you tell me as to where we are?" I asked looking around again, making sure I wasn't imagining things.

"We're in your new room." My new room? Oh wow, I wasn't aware I had an old one but ok, I'll take it.

"Which means you're still in the Center." It replied as it descended to the green floor.

"Which reminds me, I was told by Infi to take you to her when you were well enough to operate." It said as it morphed into an exclamation point.

"We best hurry, we mustn't keep Infi waiting, she has too much on her plate." Detta quickly transformed into Infi, its skin was a light blue and its eyes were dots, which was a little unsettling to look at. Detta pulled my arm as it dragged me out the door into the dark navy hallway.
~~~
Developer's Report 8

Things are going smoothly, we finally started creating the central server were most of the main programs will reside and operate. With it we can lay down the second foundation for the Gen 0 that helps us build the other servers in a more quicker pace. I do however find it unnecessary to have one, but I need to keep up with Figs' vision If I am to keep the team on my side, they believe this server can serve as a base of operations for the "correcting programs", as Cypress, our newest member likes to call them. We recently added Cypress to help us with creating Artificial Intelligence, an idea that Figs had for the Legacy System. He envisioned the AIs as sentinels for the servers, who were tasked with serving and protecting the system. A foolish idea in my opinion, why give soldiers the ability to think for themselves we they were meant to obey. I will have to thinker with the AI project if things are to go my way. Also I will now rename these reports to Director Reports, since the other Professors have started writing they own reports.

Aspen
~~~

Director Report:1

The central server now named the Center has been completely finished. Cypress has begun the AI project, she hopes to create an advance trainer intelligence, or ATI as she calls them. An AI capable of accessing any situation with the abilities and thought process of a real Trainer, as I mentioned before I find all of this completely useless and unnecessary to the project. The team however seems to love the idea, which only diminishes my influence over the team. Time to place my aces again. I can not afford to lose control of this project If I am to succeed.

Aspen

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 9: Serious

Detta and I made our way towards the control room where Infi was busy reading a report on the monitor screen. She was deeply in thought, scrolling down to continue reading. Detta decided to morph back into his blue Ditto form, his height slowly decreasing until he could barely reach my knees.

"Ahem." Cough Detta prompting Infi's attention. She quickly snapped back into focus, turning to face us surprised. Her eyes were wide open when she saw me.

"Leaf? What're you doing out of bed? You have not rested enough." She said making her way to us. She stood before me placing a hand on my forehead. That's unusual....

"Infi? What're you doing?" I asked her shocked by her motherly concern. I swear Infi can't make up her mind. One moment she's all technical and cold, the other she's caring and warm. What's flipping her switch?

"I am checking your temperature, I read online this is how humans check for fevers." She replied removing her hand. Her eyes seemed to have some color today, they were more blue rather than the old grey she had. She wore a small smile on her lips as she looked at me. This is not the same Infi right? Detta cleared his throat again to get Infi's attention, which she quickly look down to see him.

"Ah Detta thank you for bringing Leaf to me. Tell me did she seem to have any troubles getting up or walking?" Infi questioned. Detta shook his head. Infi nodded returning her gaze to me.

"Well I'm glad you're fine Leaf, you have no idea how much we were worried about you." Worried?! Infi worried? Yeah something's up, and wait? We?! Who's we? Infi and Detta? No that can't be it, I did not meet Detta before or he me so why would he worry? And it definitely could not have been that rude Bidoof, Blue. Heck I was under the impression that programs could not express emotions except for ATIs. What happened when I was sick?!

"Leaf?" Infi called my name, pulling me away from my jumbling thoughts.

"Oh sorry I'm ok, thank you for caring so much." I answered with a fake smile. Infi gave a small nod and directed me to follow her to the monitor. She began to type away, pulling images of me laying sickly in bed and various reports with my condition. Oh wow I looked terrible! I looked like a cold corpse lying flat on an examination table ready for my autopsy. The very thought made me shudder. I turned to face Infi, swallowing my doubts.

"Infi what exactly happened to me?" Infi turned her head to me, her eyes now back to the empty grey hue.

"You were infected with a virus." She deadpanned.

"A virus? What? How?" Infi pulled up a report with my name unto the big screen showing the findings of an operation.

"We do not know exactly how, but whatever attacked you in the Pallet Town Sector was responsible for infecting you. The virus, now classed as BRN compromised your process power. It accelerated your processing speed causing a severe heat up in your body. The acceleration was going to overload your coding until you crashed leaving your memory and other scripts destroyed." She explained as she brought up different images and reports to go with her words.

"Who or whatever did this to you, did not want to completely destroy you. They wanted it you to be rendered useless, a empty husk of unstable data." My memory quickly rushed back to me, the images of Ghost....

"Bulbasaur!" I yelled in realization. Infi was stunned by my sudden outburst. Bulbasaur! What happened to my Pokemon? Infi looked at my worried face and understood my priorities, bringing up another page.

"Your Pokemon is safe. Luckily your Bulbasaur was not infected with the BRN virus. We quickly healed him back to full health." She answered as she dug in her back pocket pulling out a small Poke Ball handling out to me.

"Here." I took Bulbasaur's Poke Ball and quickly released him. I was eager to see my cute bulbous Pokemon safe and sound. The red streak crashed unto the floor materializing into Bulbasaur. The green Pokemon smiled, barking in happiness as it lunged itself at me. I took Bulbasaur into my arms, hugging him tightly all while apologizing to him. Infi just stood beside me smiling not saying anything at our emotional embrace.

"I'm glad you're alright Bulbasaur. I thought I had lost you...I'm sorry for my carelessness. I promise you it won't happen again. As your Trainer I swear to protect you no matter what." I promised with tears sliding down my face. My Pokemon nudged its head trying to lift mine, assuring me that it was fine. I slowly stood up facing Infi, with my fists clenched.

"And I promise you...that I will not fail again. I will persevere through the tribulations of errors and fight to the death to safe keep the server and its programs. I will continue to honor my promise as Trainer and Corrector until the day I am no longer needed. I will be the best there was."

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 9: Cont

After long hours of discussion about my health, Infi decided to shift the focus and show the virus that had infected me. I don't know how but Infi managed to extract it from my body and placed it inside a glass plate with clear liquid. The virus looked like red moss with spikes, while the surface had black straight lines that circled its whole volume. Despite Infi's assurance that it couldn't harm me anymore, I still kept my distance from it. I did not want to go through all that searing pain all over again. I was too focused staring at the red mass I forgot Infi was speaking to me.

"And so we managed to develop an counter-virus program. The program will deactivate the BRN virus script action, rendering it harmless. Your new body programming should take care of the remaining parts of the virus." Infi explained as she pointed to some words on the monitor. I quickly shifted my attention back to her with a goofy smile.

"We can now only hope your new adapting software will prevent future compromises. Any questions?" She asked turning to meet me eyes. While I didn't hear everything, I got the gist of it. I think she said something about new programming that protected me from getting sick which sounds pretty sweet. I nodded to let her think I understood what she said, and she too nodded and began to type. She pulled out a report about the Pallet Town incident and turned to me with a serious face, her eyes devoid of the calm blue.

"Now we must speak about this serious matter." She deadpanned as I gulped.

"I need to know what infected you. I know for a fact that whatever attacked you wasn't an external threat, but an internal one. The Gen 0 is not currently accessible through external access so it had to be something from within the system, so Leaf do you remember your assailant?" I shifted my fingers around in discomfort. The memories flooded back to me; the overwhelming fear, the numbing pain, the ghastly laughs, it was all too real to me. Infi noticed my sudden discomfort and hugged me tightly, rubbing the back of my head.

"I understand it can be hard to remember that, but I need you to be strong and tell me what really happened." She whispered to me. I promised I was going to be stronger, I don't need to be afraid of memories! I took a deep breath, regaining my composure with a smile.

"Thank you Infi. I'm alright." I broke away from her hug, taking another deep breath and nodded. Infi smiled back at me.

"You're right, my attacker came from within the system. Its name was variant B something, but I went by Ghost." I answered, my voice all dry. Infi froze. She cleared her throat and nodded to me to continue.

"And it was a Glitch. It said that it wanted me to know that they weren't backing up, that they had plans." I continued. Infi just stood there with her face devoid of any emotion, maybe deep in thought analyzing what I was saying.

"They?" She asked confused. I nodded as I explained that there was a Master and how his orders were absolute as stated by Ghost. I continued describing the events that took place after all while Infi remained in silence. After I was done talking, Infi cleared her throat again and nodded with a smile I knew to well. She clearly knew something.

"Thank you Leaf. I will write the report and analyze the situation. Your efforts are appreciated." She said as she led me towards the door.

"Wait, wait a minute. What do you mean you're going to analyze the situation? There's a Glitch and its Master in the system running rampart, and we're going to wait around thinking about it?! We should be hunting it down!" I explained while trying to move away from the door. Infi just stared at me, her eyes still full of that empty grey hue.

"I assure you Leaf, we will catch that Glitch however now its not the time. You're are still recuperating from your last battle, and you're definitely not ready for another encounter with that Glitch. Also I can not trace and or locate Glitches within the system since they're part of it. They blend in, the only possible way to find them is to mark suspicious or faulty coding." She explained. She placed her hands on my shoulders as we both stared seriously at each other. She does have a point, I may be physically fine but I am not mentally.

"Fine." I sighed. Infi smiled letting go of me. Infi knows best since she's been here longer than I have and also her judgement saved me.

"After your done resting, I recommend heading out and doing some training. The more training you do the stronger both you and your Pokemon will become." She said as she waved good bye to me. I waved back at her as I exited the room. While resting sounds great, I don't think I'll be able to with all the things going in my mind. I need to know what Infi knows, but how do I do that? Infi seems to keep all important information with her, so I don't think I could get it from any files in the Center. Detta's loyal to Infi and he doesn't seem to know what happened to me, so he's out. That leaves me with...Ugh...Blue. He might know something, at least he acts like he does. Do I want to deal with that guy again? These worries are going to wear me so I have no other choice. Fine, I'll go to Blue.

~~~

Infi finishes writing the report as she saves it into an archive. She brings up another tab with a communication channel, the other person now online.

Infi: We have a problem. It has surfaced, you were right_

Prof. Olive: It was only a matter of time. I was right not to trust him_

Infi: Let us hope we are prepared for whatever awaits us_

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 10: Vault

I decided to not waste time and get this little espionage mission going. I needed to quickly locate Blue since he's the only one who can provide me with a lead about Infi's secret. Turns out finding Blue was easier than I thought it would be, the guy had his own room. I knocked on the glass door and was received by a drowsy grunt. I guess he was sleeping, too bad so sad.

"Blue its me, Leaf." I announced through the door slit. On the other side you could hear him grunting and moving around, probably getting out of bed. The glass door quickly opened revealing Blue, he had a sour face with messy bed hair, the very sight was amusing.

"What's wrong Blue? Didn't get enough beauty sleep?" I joked much to his frustration. He let out a throaty groan as he ruffled his mess of hair.

"I see you're healthy again." He sighed.

"Yes I'm feeling dandy, you on the other hand.." I dragged on. Blue scowled as he crossed his arms.

"If you're done making jokes at my expense, I have a bed to go back to-"

"No wait. I have a favor to ask of you." A wicked smile grew on his face, his eyes flapping coquettishly. He leaned closer to me, getting all over my personal space.

"What kind of favor?" He whispered.

"Could we please discuss it in the privacy of your quarters?" I urged as I looked both ways inspecting the hallways for signs of activity. With his grin still in his face, he stretched his hands out directing me to enter.

"After you."

~~~

After half an hour of discussion, banter and insulting, I managed to explain what happened to Blue who seemed somewhat interested.

"Hey! Are you listening?! Infi is hiding something! She knows something that we don't." I barked as I snapped my fingers at him.

"Obviously! Infi is the Key Program! She's supposed to know confidential data. Don't tell me you got your feelings hurt because your bestie didn't share her darkest secrets with you." He said rolling his eyes much to my annoyance.

"She's withholding important information that WE should know as Correctors." I yelled. Blue merely scoffed at me, as he stood up from his bed.

"What important information?" He asked closing the space between us.

"Glitches." I deadpanned. Blue stood there quietly deep in thought. He began to play with his lips, moving them around in a pouting fashion.

"Blue? What're you doing?" I asked looking at him like he were some freak show.

"Thinking."

"OoooKaaay." I breathed as I sat on a bean couch. Blue was now stroking his imaginary beard as if he were planning something.

"I have a plan." He said with a smile. I crossed my arms and legs while raising my head in curiosity at him.

"Lets hear it."

"Have you seen the Vault?"

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 10: Cont

"The Vault?" I asked with uncertainty. Blue nodded, his eyes now sharp. I shook my head in confusion, I never heard of a vault.

"Well the Vault is a secret room that is somewhere in this maze of hallways. I once followed her to see what she does in her spare time, and well..." He stopped. My eyes widened with anticipation; my mouth gaping as I waited for him to finish the sentence. He looked down at his feet deep in thought.

"Well? What happened?" I urged. Blue's gaze returned to me with a weak smile.

"And nothing. She went inside and left after a few minutes. I couldn't get in, the Vault is tightly shut with security. We'll need her clearance code or whatever password she used to get in." He chirped clapping his hands. I stood there more confused. What's the point of getting the code when only Infi knows it. I finally get a lead only to find out that Infi's the key once more.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"I don't know. Follow her?" He shrugged. Here I thought he was going to be useful, I bet he doesn't even know where the Vault is.

"Oi! I thought you had a plan!" I breath as I face palmed myself. He chuckled like a kid who was found out for his crime. I laid back on the bean bag with my hands over my face.

"I do! I told you we should follow her." He answered crossing his arms more tightly.

"Really? That was your plan?!" He couldn't be serious...He nodded with lips bending out.

"I'd have better luck asking the Glitches for help than you.." I sighed. Blue walked to the door leaning on it as he stared at me with a bored expression. He stood there for a good minute staring, was he waiting for me?

"Well? Are you going to join me? You best hurry, it was around this time that I saw her walking to the Vault." This could be my only lead to finding out as to what Infi really knew about Glitches. Then again this could backfire and get us in deep trouble...Agh this so annoying. Might as well risk it, Glitches are a serious threat and leaving us in the dark about them is not right. I sighed as I rose from the bean bag, staring right into Blue's eyes.

"Fine, let's do this."

~~~

By some miraculous luck, we found Infi exiting the control room and into the same hallway that Blue followed her last time. We quickly hurried and got ready to follow suit. To ensure we didn't get detected, we wore blue sheets with white stripes to fit with the walls. We left a considerable distance between us and Infi so she wouldn't her us walking.

We've been following her for about 10 minutes and still we haven't reached the Vault; Blue wasn't kidding when he said that these hallways were a maze. I also noticed the paths were getting darker and more complex, whatever is in the Vault Infi really doesn't want anyone finding out. A strange feeling of discomfort took my stomach by surprise. It felt weird, nervousness and tenseness, that's what it felt like. Ugh definitely not sure what this gut feeling means, but I do hope that its not bad. A hand landed on my shoulder taking me by surprise; Blue had stopped me from getting too near to Infi.

Infi had stopped walking, in front of her stood a young man with black hair wearing a yellow cap and a lab coat. What strange getup, a kid scientist? Me and Blue moved closer to the walls so we wouldn't get caught, leaning our heads closer to them. The kid scientist was smiling with his hands on his coat pockets, while Infi wore her usual cold face. By the looks of it they clearly knew each other which only piqued my curiosity even more.

"Ah good you're finally here. Shall we head in and begin?" The young boy asked his arm stretching towards the Vault. Infi nodded as they both walked towards the steel vault door. Blue nudged me to move in, I quietly tip toed towards them as I kept myself hidden with the sheets. Blue stayed right behind also tip toeing silently.

Infi raised her hand to type in the keypad and I made sure to look closely. She dialed the numbers 5-2-9-4 and then pressed the key button. The Vault door slowly opened releasing a white fog from within the room.

"Well let's not keep them waiting. After you?" Smirked the young boy as he followed Infi into the room. The Vault door slowly closed as the lights dimmed around us.

"Did you see the code input?" Blue whispered behind. I turned back to him nodding.

"Yes, however we should wait until they leave." I whispered back. He nodded in agreement as we moved back to another hallway to wait for them to leave.

~~~

After an long hour, I heard the Vault door opening and closing again followed by the sound of a conversation. Blue and I quickly stood up and leaned against the walls before they walked by. The boy was laughing about something but Infi stayed with a serious look possibly ignoring the boy's jokes.

"Aahaha that was funny. I don't recall they all having that function. That'll be funny to see once they're activated." Laughed the boy.

"Yes well SOMEONE decided to make them behave as humanly as possible, that's why we have a bathroom." She deadpanned as the young scientist held his stomach while laughter came from him.

"Oh my Arceus that's hilarious! I can't still believe that!" He continued. They took a turn leaving from our sight, I immediately turned to Blue signaling him to move. We both hurried to the Vault door;I quickly dialed the correct numbers and seconds late a click noise sounded. The door began to slowly gape open revealing the dark and cold interior of the vault room. Me and Blue looked back at each other and nodded. We slowly stepped in into the freezing room and I was suddenly struck by a sense of nostalgia. Have I been here before? No that can't be, I don't remember the Vault. The click noise sounded again, closing the door behind us. As soon the door closed a small path illuminated before us. We followed the bright steps until we neared another door that quickly opened as soon we approached it.

Once inside we were greeted by the same sharp coldness and sterile air that the previous room had.

"What in the world?!"​

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Aspen is the bad guy after all! I'm curious what he's trying to gain, if he's sending glitches to get rid of the AI's. Oh how you pulled on my heart strings with Blue. These past few chapters with Blue were perfect. If only Leaf weren't there for different reasons. I actually cracked up a little at the thought of how disappointed Blue was with Leaf, when he realized she was after confidential information. And now, I'm a hundred percent curious what's inside of the vault. Must be something really shocking. As for Infi its like her emotions and stoic nature blur together. I feel for her. I don't suppose the guy in yellow happens to be another trainer, right?

As always, fabulous updates! C:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 11: Corrector

"What in the world?!" I breathed out. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were several pods lying on the ground with wires connected to them. Each of them had a glass opening with a small screen projection that displayed data over; Inside the pods rested bodies. While still in shock I walked over to the nearest pods inspecting the contents intently. The grey pods were simple looking with barely any designs, the screen projections displayed the body's condition with small drawings and bars.

"They're sleeping?" I asked breathless. I haven't even paid attention Blue since we entered, the scene shocked me into another world.

"Yes, kinda. In a sense yeah." He answered. He still stood at the entrance staring at me, his eyes dull. I moved my hand over to the cold glass, wiping it to clear a view of the sleeping bodies. Inside the first pod rested a young man around Blue's age with jet black hair. He wore a red jacket with black shorts and sport shoes, standard apparel for a Trainer. Were they all Trainers? I quickly dashed to the next pod to inspect the contents to see if they matched with the previous one's. In the next pod rested a girl around my age, sporting a big white hat and a red shirt that was covered with jean overalls. Her hair was a fair honey brown that was groomed into ponytails, she could pass off as my sibling...

"They're ATIs!" I gasped in realization. Their apparel and designs were too similar to mine and Blue's, they were definitely Advanced Trainer Intelligence. Blue still stood by the entrance uninterested by my shocking revelation.

"Blue! Come and over and look! They're ATI's, there's more of us." I yelled at him. He walked over causally to inspect the pod alongside me. His relaxed composure and attitude was weirding me out.

"Blue? What's wrong? How are you not shocked?! There's more of our kind and we didn't even knew it!" I tried to explain. He looked up back at me with his dull eyes and gave a weak smile.

"Come on Leaf. You must have known there were more us." He chuckled. What did he mean by that? How would I known? Infi doesn't tell me much so how I could know? Blue noticed I was confused by looking at my face and laughed.

"Think about it Leaf. There's more than one server, its not only the Kanto Server. The other Servers are being developed as we speak for the finalization of the Gen 0." He explained. I mean I never thought of it, I've been too focused on what's going on that I couldn't spare a thought about it.

"It's our job as regional Correctors to protect our assigned Servers, you didn't think we would tackle the whole Pokemon world did you? That's what they're for." He continued as he pointed to the other pods, there must have been more than 10 in the whole room. I guess it makes sense, I can barely protect a Server, let alone a Sector.

"You're right, its just that.." I just don't like the fact that Infi kept this from me, or that she had to keep them in a Vault like secret experiments.

"It doesn't feel right." He added. He was correct, it didn't feel right for some reason. They should be awake with us, training, getting to know us, not resting like toys waiting to be used.

"You know, we were once in one of those." He chuckled. I haven't even thought of that, but It must have been true. The image of me sleeping in one of those pods sleeping depressed me for some reason. I guess it reminded me that I was a program in the end created to fulfill a need, a duty. A loyal soldier ready to obey the orders of leaders I will never see.

"What are you two doing here?" Asked a familiar voice. At the entrance stood the figure of Infi but something was off, her skin was blue.

"Detta?!" I gasped. Great now we were caught. Detta looked shocked and angry as he walked over us still transformed as Infi. The image of an angry blue skinned Infi stomping towards you was very amusing.

"You idiots what're you doing here?! This is a VERY restricted area!" He roared as he pulled us away from the pods.

"Do you know what Infi will do to you guys, no to me, if she founds us here?!" Poor Detta was getting flustered with rage and fear. Me and Blue tried to calm him but he wouldn't budge.

"Detta calm down! We were just curious, we don't mean to do anything bad." I tried to explain. Detta continued to spout nonsense about how regulations would demand some weird punishment for breaking into a restricted area. Blue got so annoyed of his incessant babble that he slapped him across the face, reverting him back to his blue amorphous form.

"Enough!" Blue gritted through his teeth. Detta laid in the floor as a blue puddle, still in shock from the blow.

"If you'd let us explain ourselves maybe we could work out this situation!" Blue explained to him. Detta still remained stunned as he laid mute. We somehow managed to clear the confusion and clarified the situation to him. Detta's little black dotted eyes would widen now and then as we explained our real intentions, but he would still remain quiet.

"And so that's why we got in. We wanted to know what was inside." Blue finished explaining. Detta still laid motionless in the floor.

"Well?" I added. Detta turned his gaze squinting his eyes at me.

"Well what?" He asked confused. I face palmed myself, the frustration was setting in.

"Well will you not tell Infi?" I asked again. Detta made an O face as he gathered his body back into a more solid form.

"I guess." He sighed. Me and Blue exchanged a brief sigh in relief. Detta turned his gaze to Blue, now his face was sharp.

"And you! Don't ever do THAT again, or I will report you!" He hissed as he slid out the exit. I thanked him as he left, relieved I could now trust in Detta despite recently meeting him, I guess he's not a pet.

~~~

"Well Leaf, are you contempt?" Blue asked as we were walking towards our rooms. Despite what we just saw, we still didn't find anything about Glitches, instead we found out more about ourselves. Infi's knowledge of Glitches was still far from our reach and that annoyed to no end. We should have the right to know, we're the ones who are going to confront them eventually!

"Do I look contempt." I groaned as I scratched my head. Today was tiresome, who would thought espionage was such hard work. Blue laughed at my response as we turned to into the next hallway. I was too deep in my thoughts and annoyance that I didn't notice that I bumped into someone. The bump felt more like a little push since only my lower area was bumped. I looked down to see the same young man that Infi was with. Uh oh.

"Excuse you!"

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I guess that should of been obvious. More ATI's awaiting to be awakened and assigned a server to protect. I feel like Blue is playing his emotions cool in front of Leaf, when he's probably having mixed feelings about what he's seen. It was amusing to see Detta was slapped in a face to shut him up and all. Blue sure does know how to keep all three of them out of trouble. I'm kind of more curious about the possibility of the Professor who healed Leaf, using the trainer's body to roam around this server they're in and just collided into one of them. OR at least, this is my hunch that's who this mysterious trainer is, that we had seen earlier with Infi.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 11: Cont

"Excuse you!" Grunted the young man. He rubbed his nose with one eye closed in discomfort. I tried to say something but I was too in shock from getting caught, so instead I let out this shaky groan that sounded like dying Walrein.

"Hello? Are you ok? Don't tell me you lost your speech function from a small bump?" He questioned with a scrunched nose. Upon closer look he did look like a child, and his expressions and mannerisms were definitely childish. I took a quick breath trying to collect myself and managed to turn my thoughts into words.

"Um no aha, I can speak just fine. Just fine." I reassured. What do I do now?! I tried looking for Blue and Detta but they were nowhere to be seen. The nerve of them, they ditched me! I continued to look around for any outside help to get me out of this situation but to no avail; I was stuck.

"Well?" He pressured. I looked down on him in confusion but then it hit me. Oh crepes he wants to know what I was doing here! Oh Arceus there's goes my future! I'm probably going to be shut down or whatever it is they do with ATIs!

"I um...Ah there's a good reason." I let out with quick breaths.

"Well? Aren't you going to say sorry?" He asked irritated. My worries quickly disappeared and were replaced by complete confusion. He's not serious?

"Um...I'm sorry?" I tried. They boy's face twisted again this time with annoyance.

"Are you asking or stating?" He asked impatiently. My eyes widen, he's angry about the bump?

"Oh I am sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you." I replied with more confidence. A smile flashed across his face.

"There. That wasn't so hard." He chirped. I gave him a weak smile and laugh as I rubbed my hands worried he might change subjects. Instead of interrogating me, he patted my shoulder and walked past me. I turned around to look at him dumbfounded. He stopped before turning into the next hallway, standing still and quiet.

"Oh and nice seeing you healthy. Bye bye." He said as he turned, disappearing from my sight. Soon as I was alone,I let out a breath of relief and slumped to the floor.

"That was close?"

~~~

When I got back to my room, Detta and Blue were already there both sitting on my bed comfortably. Detta noticed me entering but Blue on the other hand was too busy playing with Detta's gooey mass.

"Ah Leaf you made it." He chirped. Blue's gaze turn to me with a smirk on his face. That sniveling...

"Oh hi Leaf, glad you could join us." He smiled. I was so close to jabbing him but I was too tired to deal with him.

"Yeah its not like I got caught or anything, oh and by the way guys; thanks for the help." I sighed as I pushed Blue and Detta off my bed. Blue caught Detta into his hands raising him to our height.

"Well what happened?" Blue asked. I shot a glare to him to back off.

"Just curious." He defended. I took off my shoes and got under the sheets getting ready to greet sleep.

"Well?" He continued. I am so close to commit murder, Arceus give me strength! Before I could open my mouth a loud alarm blared throughout the room that now changed from green to red.

"Correctors please report to the situation room. That means you two, Blue and Leaf." Announced a young voice. I voice I recognized.

"Can I get a break?!" I groaned, shuffling out of bed. Both Blue and Detta exited and I followed suit. I joined them in the hallway walking towards the situation room, when Blue turned his face to me.

"You think we're in trouble?" He asked. I rubbed my face trying to keep calm and patience.

"I don't know Blue, maybe we'll find out." I mused with a fake smile and sarcasm.

___
Director's Report #2

Cypress managed to create the first artificial intelligence in the Gen 0; Her code name is Infinity. We have given her the title and power of Key Program of the Gen 0, she shall oversee and control important server functions that we can't normally access without logging in into the system. I warned and urged Cypress to not give Infinity so much power but she defended saying that Figs envisioned his work with life and power so I let it slide. I warned her that if she fails in performance that her main abilities are to be removed, Cypress agreed only if she could produce more ATIs, so we made the deal.

I will have to keep a closer eye on Infinity, see if I can twist her around to my design.

Aspen.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I couldn't help but laugh at this chapter. Poor Leaf can't catch a break. Perhaps they're needed to explore a sector together or to meet this guy properly? I'm somewhat curious what it is Aspen is after by throwing in glitches, making sure there are fake accidents and the like? I mean, what does he mean by "design"? If Infi was a lot more emotional back then, there must of been something wrong for her to get wiped clean and be the Infi she is now. :3

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 12: Joey

Blue, Detta and I arrived at the situation room to see the young boy and Infi discussing something in a very heated manner. Blue cleared his throat to draw their attention to us, both of them turning their heads quickly. Infi seemed calmed despite just breaking from a heated discussion, but that's Infi, always calm and collected no matter what. The boy on the other hand was flushed which didn't surprise me since children can't handle arguments, wait a minute! Why was she arguing with a brat?

"Ah so glad you guys could join us." Chirped the kid. Infi merely crossed her fingers in front of her lap while straightening herself up. How did these two meet? Tired and annoyed, I stepped forward with my arms crossed.

"What's the emergency?" Annoyance seeped through my words. Surprise appeared on the boy's face as he looked back and forth between me and Infi.

"Emergency? Oh! Ah! That!" He laughed clutching his knees. What's his deal?!

"Sorry forgot about that. I wanted to properly meet you guys." He laughed. Infi slowly closed her eyes probably in frustration while and I gritted my teeth.

"We already met." I growled.

"Not properly." He corrected as he walked towards me reaching out to shake my hand.

"Hello my name Joey and I will be joining you guys." I took his arm and shook it with a tight grip. He hissed as he withdrew his hand with a smirk. He then turned to Blue and Detta and did the same introduction.

"So Joey what will you be doing here in the Center? Are you a assistant or Corrector?" Blue asked. Joey did a little spin and clasped his hands together.

"Neither! I will be supervising." He smiled. Blue and me exchanged confused looks. Supervising? What's the point of that? Infi is already a supervisor who reports to the Professors, why would we need another one?

"Why? Are the Professors worried or something?" Blue asked. Infi cleared her throat as she stepped forward.

"Joey is special. His vast knowledge and expertise of the Gen 0 will be most useful. With him we won't need to rely heavily on the other Professors." She added. Joey's grin was so full it took over his whole face, just like a kid delighted from praise.

"Wait how's that possible? There's no other program that knows more of the Gen 0 than you Infi. The only people that know more are the Professors." Blue asked with concern. Infi took a small breath.

"As I said before, Joey is special." She breathed. Both me and Blue grunted in annoyance, Infi was keeping things from us again. That's it! Why can't she be honest with us? We're her friends, we work together! We deserve the whole truth.

"That's enough Infi! Why stop beating around the bush and tells us the truth!" I roared, anger and frustration now taking over. Infi's eyes widened in surprise as did Joey's.

"Leaf please calm down, there's no need for that kind of tone, and I've kept no-"

"The Vault." I interrupted. Infi stopped. She blinked her eyes a bit probably in shock.

"I don't understand." She answered. Playing coy now are we? Blue sighed as he rubbed his face.

"The Vault Infi, the room were the other ATI's are kept." He explained angrily. Infi quickly turned to face Joey for guidance.

"Ooh looks like someone saw something they shouldn't have." Sang the little brat.

~~~

Director’s Report 3
The Center is now fully operational and equipped with all predesigned functions. Now we must activate Infinity and link her with the whole system and Center, after that the servers will come to life. As Key Program she’s crucial to the stability and performance of the Gen 0 and future Legacy system, too much falls on her performance to execute well. Cypress is already prattling about finishing another artificial intelligence, the first in a new series she calls ATIs; Artificial Trainer Intelligence. This ATIs will resemble Pokémon Trainers and behave like them all while performing as Correctors. While I argued the reason for them being Trainers, she stated that it would help them blend in better. I've noticed that Cypress loves to challenge my authority too much, something must be done.
Aspen.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 12: Cont

The room remained quiet with a heavy atmosphere, everyone except Joey became tensed. Infi's fake smile slowly withered, her usual emotionless gaze returning. I kept glaring at her, urging to drop this facade and really tell us what's going on behind the scenes.

"The Vault." She began. Her hands left her sides as she began to pace around the situation room with her eyes still on me.

"Is a restricted area." I scoffed at that, she's clearly going to play the rule's card.

"Why is it restricted Infi? Why couldn't I know about it? Explain that to me." I huffed. Infi stopped, her eyes still on me.

"Because the Professors said it was. There's no need for you to burden yourself with such useless information Leaf, why should you care there's other ATI's? They haven't been activated, and if they were you wouldn't see them, they'll get their own assigned Regional Server. You're letting your behavioral coding get the best of you." She explained firmly in place. I could only stare with warm fury at her, why can't she understand that this is a big deal?! We should have known about this, she shouldn't keep this from us just because the Professors told her so.

"Its not useless information is the truth, the hidden truth." I growled. Joey whistled at that, the brat was enjoying himself.

"And him! What's his story?! Let me guess more useless information that I shouldn't burden myself with?" I laughed. Infi flinched at that, Blue and Detta still remained quiet behind me.

"I'm tired Infi, how can I work with you when you won't even trust me?! I trusted Blue to help me and he did, you know why?" I asked without breath. Anger, frustration and sadness had taken over me and I couldn't take it. I'm letting it all out.

"Because trust is the foundation for friendship Infi!" I sighed slowly. I turned my head down, my chest hurt. I heard Joey clear his throat as he took a few steps towards me.

"Leaf." He sighed. I lifted my gaze to him. His face was now serious and full of empathy.

"I'm sorry." He breathed. I scrunched my face in confusion. What's he sorry for?

"I'll tell you why." He continued. Infi flinched quickly talking towards to Joey.

"Sir there's no need, her behavioral coding just overacted. Her curiosity is merely a fault with the coding, it can be fixed." She explained standing beside him. Joey ignored her as he closed the space between us by putting his hand of my shoulder.

"Leaf there reason why the Vault is restricted is because ATI's are vulnerable when they haven't been activated. Think of them as babies, the Vault is the womb. They are still in development, they are still not whole so they're vulnerable to external factors." He explained.

"And because they're still in development, when don't know if they're going to make it. You see making an AI is hard, let alone an ATI so making the perfect ATI can take many tries and time." I never thought it like that. Still..

"ATI's are very valuable factors to the success of the Gen 0, they need to be in tip top shape. If something were to happen to one of them, a lot of time and resources would have been wasted. That's why we kept it a secret, because they're TOO crucial for the stability of the system." He finished. Joey walked back to the center of them room besides Infi who stood quiet with her eyes down.

"I see." I sighed. The ill emotions slowly faded but my frustration were still present. I took a quick breath, crossing my arms together as I turned to face Blue and Detta. Both of them remained silent but smiling, they were proud that Leaf got something out of someone.

"Any more burning questions?" Asked Joey with his hands on his sides. I slowly turned towards them with a small smile.

"Yeah just one. Gltiches, tell me ALL about them. Don't leave anything behind.

~~~~
Director’s Report 4
It’s a success! The final integration has been finalized, Infinity was successfully linked to the Gen 0 system; the servers are activating as I write this report. Her key functions seem to be fully operational as the Kanto server is now online. Cypress finished making the first ATI whom she calls and designed after Red, the first protagonist. He seems to be rough around the edges but still fully efficient, I wonder to whose authority he responds to, mine or Cypress’. If he doesn't respond to my commands I will have to do something immediately, I can’t afford to let someone else have eyes within the Gen 0 just after I repurposed Infinity to my design; I will do the same to Red if I have to.
Aspen

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Interesting premise -- Pokémon mixed with Tron?

I've only read the prologue and first chapter. The prologue definitely catches your attention and is written really well. The inclusion of the "Battle Records" was a nice touch. The first chapter also does a good job of keeping that interest and introducing our (assumed) protagonist. You have good characterization--Infi in particular is convincingly robotic, though Green/Leaf seems a bit all over the place for having just been 'born'. Good eye for description too--remembering details like Infi needing to remove Leaf's hand from her mouth before resuming speaking. These two things -characterization and detail- make for a fun read despite relatively little "happening" action-wise. You have a few typos -sentences that have too few words or sentences that have too many- but those could be corrected with a careful rereading of the chapter.

It looks fun. I hope I'll have the time to read more later.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Joey has to be one of the professors. I forgot which one. You'd think Leaf would come to that conclusion, or perhaps she doesn't care as much about it. I love the intensity of the situation between her and Infi. Kind of curious what Joey gets out of all of this. On the bright side, I'm happy to know his name finally. :D The vault full of ATI's makes sense why they'd be there now. Never occurred to me to think of it that way either. Aspen sure did get his hands dirty quite a lot, but if Infi is under his command, why isn't she reporting to him for help? Although, perhaps that's why she pretended to not have emotions, so she wouldn't have to obey him, once the time came? So exciting and so many theories arise from this, and I can't wait to read more.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Glad you like the premise.

Chapter 13: Fault

Infi remained quiet contemplating her next words while Joey stood grinning at her. I imagine that Joey would also know something about Glitches judging from his charismatic face. Blue walked over to my side with his hands on his hips.

"I believe she asked you a question." He spat. Detta was resting on his shoulder staring at them with a sad frown. I imagine that he also would feel betrayed considering she also hid things from him. Infi met their angry glances with her usual calm and stoic glare, her eyes devoid of that bright blue hue she had.

"Why are you so interested in Glitches? I've told you enough about them, they're faulty programming that exists within the system. What else do you need to know?" She droned. I quickly shot a glare towards her. She knew perfectly fine as to why I should know.

"Why? Hmmn, I don't know, maybe because I have to deal with them. I am a Corrector Infi, I should know of the dangers I will face." I groaned.

"Like she said. Its our duty as Correctors to eliminate them right? We should know everything about them, what makes the tick and such." Blue added.

Infi stared at us with her empty gaze until she did an about face heading towards the monitor. Joey walked over to her and tried to whisper something to her ear. She remained staring at him until she nodded; they both turned to face us.

"Very well. I am allowed to disclose restricted files and information without authorization long as the knowledge is relevant and pertains to a specific case or mission." She confessed. Joey kept smiling at us as Infi immediately began to type commands unto the floating keys.

"However don't think you can play the 'Corrector' card anytime you want just to get into some juicy secrets." Joey chirped as Infi kept typing behind him. Blue turned to me with a small smile.

"Oh trust us we won't." He said with a quick wink. Joey rolled his eyes while Infi pulled up a file with several reports about Glitches. There was several images with strange letters that didn't make sense. Infi selected the first report displaying its whole contents to us.

"Glitches as I have mentioned before are faulty programming that behave much differently than their game counterparts. Their existence is an error, they weren't supposed to be in the Gen 0 but yet they are. We believe they came to be because of some mixed coding that came from the Source Disc, which as you may know is the data of all Pokemon games from all Generations compacted into one disc." She explained as she brought several images of different Glitches across the Generations.

"Their sole purpose is to corrupt the Gen 0, and just like us they are also sentient. While they do possess intelligence various incidents shows us that their intelligence depends on the variant."

"Variants?" I remember Ghost saying he was one. Infi clicked on the next file showing the many types of glitches.

"Yes, there are many types of Glitches in the system. Each of them may have different models or abilities depending on their type, for example a Variant. Variants are basically a different and lesser form of a stronger Glitch that is capable of creating copies. The copies will develop by corrupting and absorbing other data until they become a Variant." She said pointing to the graph.

Wait a minute! Could the Master that Ghost was referring to be the Glitch that created him? Just how many variants are other there? Blue scratched his honey brown hair, deep in thought as he read the screen like some important lesson.

"So they can spawn?" Blue asked disturbed. Infi shook her head.

"No. Only a Litch is capable of that." She corrected. Blue scrunched his nose in disgust.

"A Litch as in a undead sorceror?" I interrupted.

"That is..No. A Litch is the most powerful kind of Glitch there is. They are capable of many things such as; creating Bugs, corruption, hacking and spawning copies." She directed our attention to the screen urging us to read the reports. Me and Blue walked over to the blue floating monitor and began to read the screen.

Known Types of Glitches.

Bugs: Lesser Intelligence. Most basic and weakest Glitch there is. They are red and black fuzzy orbs that hover with a static like aura. They can corrupt or destroy data which can cause Errors, a system/server/sector malfunction that affects the area's operation or script. They are also capable of latching unto a Host which they can infect with a Virus. Minor threat, easy to locate.

Hax: A corrupted Program. They are only considered to be a Glitch because of their irregular coding. For example Pokemon Programs can be Haxed to become more powerful; however they can become unstable. They are distinguished by their distorted coloring and body shape. Moderate to High Threat, hard to locate.

Variants: Moderate to High Intelligence. Sapient lesser forms of a Litch, that can hack into other programs. They can change forms by hacking into other programs and stealing their coding. High Threat, very hard to locate.

Litch: High Intelligence. Most powerful kind of Glitch there is. They can control other Glitches as well as produce Bugs and Variants by absorbing enough data. High Threat, impossible to locate.

"Wow!" I breathed. Looks like being a Corrector might be harder than I thought. Blue whistled as he finished reading, placing his hands behind his head.

"That's all I have about Glitches. Anything else you want to know, you'll have to discover yourself." Infi cleared as she closed the window, leaving the blue monitor empty. I turned to face Blue with a weak smile, he too looked surprised.

"Still up for the job?"

~~~
Director’s Report 5
I was right, Red is only responding to Cypress’ authority. I've tried to overpass his command coding many times but to no avail, he only answers to her. I need to stop him, I can’t let her use him as a way to view what’s happening in the Gen 0. Infinity has no power over him either so I’m left with no choices but to resort to 'extreme' methods, I will have to use ‘them’. When I’m done with Red and I’ll deal with Cypress.

Aspen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I wonder if Cypress is still around? Leaf and Blue have quite the task as Correctors. I'd be a little intimidated myself, if I had that many types of Glitches to worry about. I hope Infi can forgive those two for being so emotional about this, but they did have a right to be angry. Aspen, if I had to take a wild guess, I want to say Red might still exist. I know he said he'd have to use extreme methods, and I think he might of turned him into a Litch. Something about it just feels like that might be the case, if I remember right, Red went missing in the beginning of this story too. Still pretty exciting to see what happens, and I wonder how long Joey will stick around for?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 13: Cont

"Any more questions or concerns?" Asked Infi as she walked towards us with a graceful step. Both me and Blue shook our heads.

"Good. Now since everyone is present I can assign you two your next assignments." She said as she handed us a device. It was long and rectangular with a huge touchscreen, at the base was the Poke Ball logo with the Home button. Mine was green while Blue's was well...Blue, I'm sensing a pattern here. We both stared at the devices confused as to what to do with them, Joey was chuckling in the background at us.

"Those are [D]Vices, a handy tool capable of many functions." She explained as she took mine and activated it. The screen displayed the Menu with several options.

"The [D]Vice will be your Go To Tool for almost any problem or emergency you come across. It has the necessary apps that any Pokemon Trainer will need such as a PokeDex and phone option, though I recommend you use your [V]Link if you wish to contact anyone." She continued as she handed me the [D]Vice. I immediately was intrigued by it, I quickly scanned the Menu options that were placed in a circular pattern: PokeDex, Phone, Map, Camera and Settings. I pressed on the PokeDex app to see how it would look but it didn't open. I kept smashing my finger on the app but I kept getting the same error message.

"Stop Leaf, the PokeDex App has not been properly synced or formatted." Infi explained as she took it from my hands.

"Then synced it! I want to use it." I groaned placing my hands at my sides. Infi walked over to Blue extending her hand to take his as well.

"I didn't imagine you two would be interested in the PokeDex app seeing as you two are Correctors not Collectors." She droned taking Blue's [D]Vice, she walked back to the main computer, placing both [D]Vices in fitting rectangular slots.

"Now Syncing Blue and Green [D]Vice." Announced a robotic voice. Both devices began to glow as a loading bar demonstrated the syncing process.

"Since I am already syncing you [D]Vices, I might as well add the new app I recently created." She said as she finished up typing commands into the screen.

"What does the app do?" Asked Blue as skipped over to Infi, hovering over her like a child. Infi simply ignored him as she continued typing.

"I call it Amicus." She announced. Everyone even Joey arched their brow in interest. I decided to join them by the computer and inspect whatever they were doing over there. The loading bar was already at 97%.

"Amicus?" We all asked in sync. Infi nodded. A small chime sounded as the bar made it to 100%, Infi gently removed both [D]Vices and handed them to us. I quickly noticed the new option labeled AMICA in the center of the circle Menu options.

"Why is mine called Amica?" I asked confused. Infi pressed the option for me, activating it. The whole screen went green, two dots and line appeared.

"Greetings Green, I am your Amica, Lexy. I will be your personal assistant that will aid you in your duties as Corrector. Any concerns or questions you may have, I should be able to answer. Normally I am only activated through the Amica App, but you can let me constantly available by going through my options or Menu Settings." A cute small voice chattered. Blue activated his and was received by the same message only his was an Amicus named Dexio. Both me and Blue looked at our screens amazed by the avatars that were speaking to us. Its like having a cute computer pet!

"Oh wow that's cool." I exclaimed as I began to touch the screen. Lexy's began to frown as I poked her eyes and mouth.

"Please stop that's annoying." She growled. I laughed as I stopped pestering her. I can already tell I am going to enjoy bothering her.

"Both Dexio and Lexy will join in your duties as personal advisers. They can access other [D]Vices apps and functions through voice command, so you can keep your hands free in any situation. Think of them as a secondary me." She explained. Joey was very interested in the [D]Vices as he kept bothering Blue asking him if he could use it.

"Hopefully Lexy won't keep secrets from me." I muttered. Infi narrowed her eyes at me, probably heard me.<br><br>"I recommend you explore your [D]Vices and get accustomed to them."

~~~

After half an hour of tinkering and conversation between our Amicus, Infi demanded our attentions. She quickly went over a list of future assignments she had prepared for us, she summarized each mission and the tasks we would need to accomplish. My first mission was to explore Sector Route 2 all the way to Sector Mt. Moon and add another member to the team. Blue had a similar mission but his required to test Terminal functions.

"That is all. Any questions please address your new [D]Vices or Amicus. If you need to contact me, remember that the [V]Link is always opened." She announced as she handed me and Blue a batch of Poke Balls.

"Use them wisely." I nodded. I placed them in my bag and Blue in his pack. The floor began to glow showing us the way to the Terminal Room.

"Best percentages to you two." Infi waved, Joey joined her waving at us too with his huge grin. That kid is...weird. I did a quick present arms and did an about face, Blue joined me as we walked out the room following the glowing lines in the hallway.

"Let's get to it!"

~~~

Director’s Report 6

My plan went swimmingly, Red is no more. I managed to use the main variation of the perfect glitch to lure Red and he fell for it. Cypress and the others are now convinced that ‘they’ are responsible for his disappearance and are attempting to locate him. Cypress is in charge of his search which worries me even more, I have to deal with her now or else this will all backfire and ruin my great plan.

Aspen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have a feeling it may be awhile before Leaf is on good terms with Infi again. Gosh, they're just like children getting their new phones for the first time. Kind of cute, if you think about it. Hm, I guess this means we won't be seeing Infi again, if Leaf and Blue are out exploring and on missions. In a way, I kind of feel sad about it. I wonder if Leaf and Blue will stick together on their separate missions, or if they'll separate at one point? Time will tell, I guess. Speaking of that, Leaf is required to find another member to join her team...could it be a pokemon, or an actual person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back