• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Pokémon βeta Version

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 14: Back in the Game

"Bulbasaur use Vine Whip!" The command echoed through rocky walls of the valley. Bulbasaur positioned itself with its bulb pointing towards a round and pink creature. The pink Pokemon's ear perked up as it heard my command, readying itself for my Pokemon's attack. Bulbasaur wasted no time as he released two green vines from the under side of his bulb, launching them towards its pink target. The wild Pokemon's big blue eyes widened in shock as it stared at the upcoming green creepers. SMACK! The vines made contact, whipping the Pokemon on its side and sending it back from impact.

"Nice move!" I cheered. Bulbasaur turned to face me with a proud smile as it awaited my next command. A sudden beeping came from my bags distracting me from the battle. I reached into my bag to find it was my [D]vice was making the noise, I quickly snatched it and turned it on.

"Pokemon Identified, Jigglypuff." Announced Lexy, the [D]vice's aide program. I quickly slid the screen icon to read more about it.

"Jigglypuff, the Balloon Pokemon, Jigglypuff is a Normal Type Pokemon that uses its alluring eyes to enrapture its foe. It then sings a pleasing melody that lulls the foe to sleep." Explained Lexy. I quickly turned my attention back to our opponent who was gathering itself back as it tried to stand up.

"Looks like it won't last long." I smiled. I gave a small nod to my Bulbasaur to let it know this was it, victory was going to be ours.

"Bulbasaur let's finish this with a Razor Leaf!" I commanded. My Bulbasaur let out a roar as it released several sharp leaves towards the staggering Pokemon. The Jigglypuff took a huge gulp of air expanding itself into a balloon as it floated away, dodging the Razor Leaf.

"Neat trick." So that's why they call it the Balloon Pokemon. Before I could gather my thoughts, the Jigglypuff opened its mouth releasing a quick burst of air that struck my Bulbasaur, launching him back. The wild Pokemon began to slowly fall as my Pokemon gathered itself.

"Come on Bulbasaur this is it! Now's the perfect time!" I urged. Bulbasaur staggered at bit but managed to give me a reassuring grin.

"While its in the air, use Razor Leaf!" My Pokemon followed suit and prepared itself, but before he could launch the sharp greens, Jigglypuff opened its mouth and released a soothing melody that caused my Bulbasaur to fall asleep. My [D]vice began to beep again.

"Warning, your Pokemon is now asleep. Jigglypuff used the Move Sing which causes foes to fall into Sleep. Sleep is a status Condition that prohibits your Pokemon from attacking for several turns, I recommend you use an item such as an Awakening or Chesto Berry to cure the Status Condition." Lexy explained. I quickly searched my bags for any of those things but all I had were Poke Balls, Potions and Antidotes.

"Come on Bulbasaur wake up! I need you to continue!" I yelled trying to call my Pokemon from its sleep. Bulbasuar only snored in response. Great now I'm screwed, I guess I'll have to Run.

"If you don't possess such Items, Switching out to another Pokemon from your Party is highly advised. Note your Pokemon will retain the Sleep Ailment until cured." Lexy advised, interrupting my train of thought.

"Switching out? Who will I switch out to?" I asked in confusion. Lexy changed the screen to display my Party showing I had Bulbasaur and my other recently caught Pokemon: Pikachu. How could I forget about it?! I immediately reached for Pikachu's Poke ball as I called back Bulbasaur to his.

"Chu, its your time to shine! GO!" I threw the Poke Ball into the air as it opened releasing the red streak of energy that shaped into Pikachu. The cute yellow rodent landed on its four with its ears and lightning shaped tail perked up. I clicked on Pikachu's icon on the [D]vice to see its Stat and Moves.

"Pikachu, male, level 5 with Static as its Ability. Moves are Thundershock and Tail Whip." Lexy read to me. Everything looks perfect, I got a good one. I called out my Pikachu to see if it was ready; it gave me small thumbs up. Our opponent looked annoyed as its body puffed in frustration. It began to run towards us with its little nubby hands raised up preparing for a Pound attack. No time to waste!

"Chu lets give Jigglypuff here your trademark attack, use Thundershock!" I roared. Pikachu quickly leaped into the air as it pulled its body together releasing a sharp streak of lighting towards Jigglypuff. The yellow streak struck, sending Jigglypuff into shaking from shock. Chu gracefully landed after releasing the shock while Jigglypuff fell back unconscious from the attack. Without wasting any time, I reached for a Poke Ball.

"Go Poke Ball!" I aimed the ball and threw it at the pink mass, making a hit. Upon contact, the capsule ball opened turning the wild Pokemon into red energy. The Pokemon was absorbed inside the ball until it safely closed, shaking three times until it released a chime with glimmer.

"Gotcha!" I chirped, running towards the Poke Ball with my Chu. I picked it up raising it to the sky as my Pokemon jumped with me in celebration of our newly added member. The [D]vice began to beep again.

"Congratulations on the capture Leaf. Do wish to give a nickname to your new Pokemon?" Asked Lexy.

"Yep, I'm calling it...Pudding!" I smiled. Lexy took a second but smiled as the [D]vice beeped with the registration.

"Very well, Pudding has joined your Team. If you wish to review Pudding's Stats and Moves, tap on her icon in the Party Menu." Lexy continued. I tapped on Pudding's icon and the screen turned to her profile.
_

Jigglypuff/Pudding

Level: 5
Ability: Cute Charm

Moves

• Pound
  • Sing

_

"Good to have you on the team."
~~~~

Director’s Report 7

I approached the board of directors yesterday and managed to convince them that Cypress is attempting to destroy the Gen 0 through the use of her ATI’s.
I provided them with the necessary ‘evidence’ to prove that Cypress is trying to hijack the whole operation; the board will now perform a secondary investigation and several background checks to see if she’s tied to Figs. Due to the investigation taking too much time and resources, the development of the Legacy system will be halted and all Professors will be removed from the operation until they’re proven innocent. I fear this investigation could take months, perhaps even years until it’s over. Patience and forbearance is all I need.
Aspen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Awesome sauce! Leaf got a new pokemon to join her team! :D Its good to see how well she fights with her pokemon, and the bond she shares with them. Aspen is a criminal mastermind, surprised he could get away with any of it. Since I imagine it'd look bad for setting somebody up or accusing them of working along with somebody without consequences. Well, looks like we're getting further along with the story and I cant wait to see where this goes.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 14: Cont

My trek through the hills of Route 3 was proving to be a very tiring task. The bold brown and green scenery was helpful in distracting me from my fatigue, which was slowly taking control of my body. According to Lexy, Mt. Moon was just ahead at the peak of this hill, there I would rest and properly introduce myself to Pudding whom needed healing.

"Mt. Moon should be coming to view." Just as she said those words, a tall and thin mountain came into view, at its base, the entrance to Mt. Moon. The mountain was strangely shaped, it reminded me of a very thin cone, though not orange and more green. My eyes trailed its design all the way up to its peak which was hidden by the clouds; looking more closely it looked more like a really tall hill than a mountain.

"Looks like a hill." I breathed as I tried to gather my remaining strength.

"Appearances can lie." Beeped Lexy. That comment reminded me of Infi's words of how everything was a fabrication of data, ones and zeroes.

"Yeah I know...Tell me, do we need to go inside?" I asked as I dusted off my socks and bag.

"Negative, the task given to you was to explore Route 1 through Route 3, ending at Mt. Moon." She stated with a hologram showing me the routes with a colored line.

"Fine, but I'm not going to back to the Center until I rest and properly introduce myself and the team to Pudding." I huffed, sitting myself on a flat boulder.
-
I managed to heal Pudding, leaving me with only one Potion. I made a note on my [D]vice to restock when I returned to the Center.

"Jiggly!" Chirped my Pokemon in delight. Her cheeks were warm with health and her smile was full of happiness. After introducing myself and the team to her, I decided to it was time to head back. The sun was slowly setting, lighting up the whole sky with an amber color, the view was more impressive at the altitude I was in.

"Beautiful isn't it? Pudding?" I quickly turned to see my Pokemon walking towards the entrance of Mt. Moon. I went into full alert by sprinting after her.

"Pudding no! We're not allowed to go there!" I yelled after her. It was too late, the black curtain of the entrance swallowed my Pokemon's silhouette.

"Warning Green! We do not have clearance to go into Mt. Moon, its dangerous!" Lexy tried to warn. Her attempts were muted to my ears as I too made my way into the darkness of Mt. Moon.

~~~​
Sorry for the very short chapter, I've been writing to many reports and essays for College. I'm nearing insanity.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 14: Cont

I rushed into the dense darkness of Mt. Moon without the proper equipment and authorization, I am so screwed. The air was thick with humidity and the echoes of Pokemon who were hiding in the shadows of the cave. I could barely see anything, my vision was limited to a few feet and I don't have a flashlight. That's it! I quickly pulled out my [D]vice and unlocked it, the light from the screen barely illuminating my surroundings.

"I take it you need help and regarding Mt. Moon?" Lexy sassed. I dragged my hand in frustration across my face.

"Not now Lexy. I need to find Pudding, help me locate her." I groaned.

"I am sorry Green. I do not have a function to locate missing Pokemon. However, I do have a Radar app." She explained. She brought up the Radar Icon and I tapped it, opening the app. The whole screen went black with green lines stretching across like a spider web.

"I take it I'm the circle in the middle?" I asked, turning the radar in all directions to see if I got a hit.

"Correct, the radar app will alert you of any Pokemon within the radar's reader. If you get a hit, the radar will show the Pokemon with a yellow dot, once you get close enough the dot might change colors." She explained.

"Colors?" This is getting a little complicated for a radar.

"Yes, when you get close to the Pokemon the radar will read the Pokemon and determine if its a wild Pokemon or a Trainer's Pokemon. Wild Pokemon will turn Red and Trainer Pokemon will turn blue." She continued. I moved the radar around me to scan the area.

"So I'm looking for a yellow to blue dot." I whispered to myself.

~~~

An hour had passed and I still haven't found Pudding, instead I was greeted by swarms of Zubat, Geodude and the occasional Paras. My Pokemon were running out of health and I ran out of Potions. It didn't help that I was getting deeper and deeper into the labyrinth of Mt. Moon. Lexy was warning me to turn back and forget about Pudding but it was too late, there was no turning back now.

The path started to get more narrow with the cave walls closing in, I had to watch my step now. The cave became more quiet the deeper I went into the path, the only sounds came from my breathing and the radar's beeping.

"Ping!" Beeped the radar. On the screen appeared a small yellow dot, it was a few feet from me. I began to walk faster towards the yellow dot hopping it wouldn't disappear from my radar. The ground was now inclined upwards, the ceiling crawling farther and farther away from my vision as I rose. I think I was finally climbing Mt. Moon.

"Ping, Ping, Ping!" The radar beeped with three more dots. The three dots began to move around the one in the center who held still. What is happening? I was too busy staring at the radar that I didn't notice walking out an exit, greeted by the night breeze and moonlight. Even though I was outside, there was no way out; there were rock walls around the small garden I entered. Judging by how close the sky was, I was really high up.

"Jiggly!" I quickly turned my attention to see my Pudding sitting by a small pond, surrounded by three other pink Pokemon.

"Lexy Identify those Pokemon." I commanded. The radar screen was replaced by the Dex app with a picture of the pink Pokemon.

"Clefairy, the Fairy Pokemon. Clefairy is a Normal Type Pokemon that is native to Mt. Moon. It is said that happiness will come to those who see a gathering of Clefairy dancing under a fool moon." Lexy explained. I examined the Clefairy as they hopped around my Pudding who was staring at the pond.

Excited to see my Pokemon, I ran towards Pudding. The Clefairy stopped dancing as soon as they saw me, startled by my presence they hopped away.

"Pudding!" I called out. My Pokemon immediately turned to face me with a surprised smile. We both ran to each other, happy to finally be together. Our hug was broken by the streak of light that shined on us. We both stared at the cloud that was drifting away revealing the pale light of a full moon. The light slowly moved away from us making its way to the pond. The pond's surface began to sparkle with the moon's light. Pudding jumped from my arms, as she ran towards the pond. I followed her to see the the beautiful sky being reflected in the pond's still water.

"Jiggly! Jiggly! Puff!" Huffed my Pokemon as she pointed towards the pond's center.

"Is there something in there?" I asked, making my way towards the water. My Jigglypuff kept huffing and pointing towards the center as if something important was lying at the bottom. I inspected the surface to see that it wasn't that deep, probably two feet at maximum. I took of my shoes and sock, placing them on the damp grass.

"I better be getting my feet wet for something good." I groaned stepping into the cold water; floor was muddy with small pebbles and roots. I carefully stepped into the middle of the pond where the moon's light was focused on. I slowly bent my back forward to gaze at the sparkling surface, I noticed something was shining at the bottom. I dipped my whole hand to reach for the shiny object, my fingers ranking the object until I fully grasped it. I pulled out the object to see that it was beautiful stone. It was a black stone with purple streaks, flat surfaces and rugged sides. It was truly stunning to behold.

"That is a Moon Stone." Beeped Lexy.

"Moon Stone? As if from the Moon?" I asked amazed.

"It is unknown if Moon Stone's are truly from the Moon. However they are called that because they were first discovered here in Mt. Moon. Not only that, all recovered stones were found during a full moon. Experts believe its Evolutionary energy comes from the Moon's light." She explained. I stared deeper into the stone, the full moon was reflected on the stone's surface.

"Wait! What Evolutionary energy?" I sputtered.

"The Moon Stone is an Evolution Stone. It helps certain Pokemon evolve, Pokemon who would not evolve through leveling up. Clefairy and Jigglypuff both need the Moon Stone to evolve into Clefable and Wigglytuff respectively." She continued. Wait a minute! I could evolve my Pokemon.

"I can already evolve my Pudding?"

~~~
Director’s Report 8

Never would I have imagined that it would take a years to conduct this operation, years! The board decided it would be best to halt everything until they were sure that everyone was innocent; for 15 forsaken years! A great amount of time was lost, I could have finished my plan long ago if weren't for Cypress’s meddling, whom of which is no longer a Professor. Unfortunately she’s not the only one who’s no longer with us, Sylvan passed away a few years ago from old age. The poor old man never got to see the finalized Pokémon Legacy game, not that he would anyways.

I’m contempt to know that we can finally return back to the operation. I have not abandoned my ambitions.
Aspen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Real nice of Aspen to hold onto his ambitions, and not feel an ounce of sorrow for Prof. Sylvan. He could of sounded a little bit more sympathetic. [Also, you might want to reread that. The Directors note sounded funny, whenever you mentioned 'years'.] I guess Jigglypuff wishes to evolve into Wigglytuff. Its good to see Green didn't lose Pudding inside of the cave overall. Curious why it'd matter if, she had clearance to go inside of the Mt. Moon to begin with? Since she's not a normal trainer. That's just me.

[And don't worry about updating this. I'll read it, whenever you get the chance to update, Absent. :D]

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 15: Golden Greed

After me and Green were separated to patrol different routes, I took it upon myself to train my Pokemon as well as expanding my team. I researched the local Pokemon and determined which ones would create the perfect synergy for my party, but unfortunately all my catches were not to my high standards. Only my two Pokemon, Wartortle and Pidgeotto whom recently evolved were, the raw power and defense my Wartotle possessed enabled it to withstand strong attacks as well as dish some back. My Pidgeotto on the other hand focuses solely on speed and accuracy, perfect for quick battles. Despite their differences on stats, they worked perfectly together creating the best duo.

"Now arriving at Cerulean City, also known as the Floral Lagoon City. Notable landmarks and locations include the Cerulean Pokemon Center, Cerulean Gym, Cerulean Cave, Miracle Cycle Bike Shop and the Nugget Bridge found north in Route 24." Dexio reported, interrupting my strategical thoughts. Even though we've known each other for at least a good five hours, I still have not gotten used to Dexio. Don't get me wrong he's super helpful but he's so monotonous that it annoys me. I have tried various times to start a conversation with him but all my attempts end with him dismissing my irrelevant queries.

"Thank you Dexio." I replied as I stepped on the white brick path that led directly to Cerulean City. Wow they were right picking that name, almost everything was some shade of blue, my kind of city. The city had a beautiful shimmering river on the north side that separated it from Route 24, and arching over the coursing river was a long and glamorous golden bridge which I assumed must be the Nugget Bridge. I kept walking along the white road until I arrived on the city square; around me stood the Pokemon Center with its trademark red and white coloring and beside it was the Cerulean Gym; a huge blue dome with windows in the shape of water drops. Facing the Pokemon Center was the Miracle Cycle Bike Shop which had many bikes of all colors parked in front. As I looked around I noticed that all the buildings were locked except the Pokemon Center, shame I wanted to see the inside of the Gym.

"Well Dexio since there's nothing else for me to do here, what do you say we capture some Pokemon." I chimed to my [D]vice. Dexio's unimpressed face appeared on the screen with a nod of agreement.

"As you please. I recommend exploring north first. Through the Nugget Bridge you'll enter Route 24, which has some Wild Pokemon you still haven't captured." Dexio informed.

~~~

As I approached the Nugget Bridge I couldn't help but be blinded by its shining splendor. The sun's rays were reflected by the golden surface of the bridge creating a sparkling effect as if it were holy. Walking alongside the edge, I caressed the sides of the platform, amazed by the warm and soft feel. My left pocket began to vibrate which meant Dexio wanted to say something. I pulled my [D]vice out and unlocked it.

"The Nugget Bridge was named after the material it was built from. Long ago when the city was founded, you could find golden Nuggets in the river and its bank. The discovery of Nuggets created the famous Cerulean Gold Rush, where everyone in the Kanto region participated for chance to take some of the precious gold for themselves. The Gold Rush soon became infamous when people began to fight each other for the gold, creating mobs and strife in the city." Dexio explained as he projected several hologram images of miners and violent mobs.

"The fights became so disastrous that the nearby Wild Pokemon decided to intervene. They stole all the gold and hid it in Cerulean Cave. The miners were so enraged that they began to attack and kill the nearby wild Pokemon, believing that their evil actions would give them they gold they coveted. Naturally the Pokemon fought back, which ended with tolls on both sides." He continued. This time images of coffins and fires hovered around, showing the dark history of this beautiful and serene city.

"One day a young man and his Machop stumbled upon the gold hidden in Cerulean Cave. He was shocked to see hordes of injured Pokemon cuddled around the gold, protecting it. The man was so overwhelmed by that scene that he urged his Machop to convince the Pokemon to give the gold to him in return for a gift. The Machop tried to convince the wild Pokemon to hand over the gold but to no avail, the gold once taken to prevent the greed of men became the symbol of scorn for the Pokemon. The man and his Pokemon left the cave saddened by the rejection but determined to end the strife between the humans and Pokemon." A picture of young man with bag over his back and a Machop by his side replaced the grim images of the fights.

"So what happened next?" I asked nearing the end of the Nugget Bridge.

"The young man knew he had to bridge the gap between the two sides but he didn't know how. Thinking of ways to unite the rivaling factions, the man stared at the calm wide river that separated the city and the cave. It was then he knew what to do. The ambitious man and his Pokemon took it upon themselves to build a great bridge that connected the north grassland with the city in the south. They knew it was going to be a difficult task but they were determined. The two friends built the bridge in the span of three nights and decided to show both sides what they created. The humans were not impressed but annoyed that their city was connected to the grassland, the Pokemon on the other side were impressed and amazed by the bridge. The Machop tried again to convince the Pokemon to hand over the gold in return for the gift the man promised. The Pokemon agreed but to two conditions, the gold was not be given to anyone else or taken outside the city. The man agreed and promised that their gift would be ready by the river in the morning." Dexio droned. I finally made it to the end of the bridge were the wild grass waved freely against the gold.

"So what was the gift? Did he lie and take the gold? What happened?" I urged desperately. A small chuckle escaped from Dexio much to my surprise.

"The man kept his promise, the next morning the wild Pokemon hurried to the bank of the river to receive their gift, only to find nothing but the shimmering rays of the sun reflecting off the bridge. The man had melted all the gold nuggets unto the bridge covering it in golden layers of splendor." He replied. A smile came across my face.

"The humans also found out about the bridge and were amazed by its beauty that all trace of their greed turned to sympathy and happiness. Both sides crossed the bridge to meet each other and celebrate the handiwork of the young man that united them. Its unknown as to what happened to the young man and his Pokemon since they were never seen again but many speculate they helped shape many of the famous landmarks of the region."

"That's amazing, I would have never guessed the rich history of this bridge. To think that greed caused so many deaths and misunderstandings...But I'm glad it did happened because this bridge now stands as a testament that there's good out there, that no matter what our differences are we can still bridge the gaps that separate us." I chimed. Dexio gave me a small smile which shocked me again. Who knew this guy was capable of other facial expressions.

"Wow Dexio I didn't know you could smile." I joked. Dexio's eyes rolled over in annoyance.

"I am capable of many things Blue, you'll see." He sassed. I crossed my hands.

"Well surprise me." I answered with my coy smile. Dexio was about to say something when the screen went red with a warning.

"Wild Pokemon Detected!"​

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Nice change of pace with a new perspective. I feel like Blue has grown considerably a lot throughout the story. Blue doesn't seem arrogant or nearly as cocky as before. Or perhaps, this is just another side of him I haven't seen till now. I also like the story about the bride, even though some of it was a little sad. Blue is like a strategist when it comes to pokemon and choosing them carefully to have the best performances in battle. I wonder what wild pokemon he ran into. Dexio reminds me a little of a butler. I don't know why but, its the weirdest impression I got. xD

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Yeah I wanted to create different relationships between teams. Leaf's aid is more friendly but still responsible while Dexio is purely professional, like a butler.

Chapter 15: Cont.

After crossing the Nugget Bridge I decided to explore the entirety of Route 24 which was mostly a maze of tall grass. Trees and shrubs paved a clear path to the east of the route where a cape greeted the salty sea. I decided against the path to the cape and headed west to find more tall grass and hopefully find a good catch. The scenery was wild with green grass and the dull dirt that made the path; a mountain range that came from Mt. Moon blocked the north leaving me only east and west paths.

"Scans suggest you'll find a decently sized path of grass ahead. Trek carefully." Dexio advised as I continued west. I could see a clearing ahead beside the river that snaked all the way to Mt. Moon. Past the clearing across the river was a small entrance to a cave which seemed more like a huge burrow hole. Perhaps I could find a decent Pokemon there, but darn I don't have the Hidden Machine for Surf yet.

"I take it there's no way to get across to that cave?" I asked sighing. Dexio's icon nodded with a still face.

"I am afraid even if you were to get across, you have no clearance to enter Cerulean Cave. The Wild Pokemon inside Cerulean Cave are easily the highest leveled Pokemon in the Kanto Server. I recommend you stick to the Wild Pokemon found here in the clearing." He stated with a red X icon representing my lack of clearance for that location. With a scoff I hurried to the patch and began my hunt.

~~~

Sadly I couldn't find something decent enough to fill for my team, the best I got was a high level Oddish with Sleep Powder and Absorb. I looked at the sky to see the sun slowly falling to east. Seeing how it was getting late I decided to head back to Cerulean City to heal.

"Wild Pokemon Approaches!" Dexio shouted with a warning. Suddenly the surroundings warped into a battle dimension, with the clearing's exit becoming blocked.

"Wild Abra has appeared." Dexio informed as I stared at the sleepy yellow cat. Its eyes were shut close as it sat on the ground with its legs crossed and its hands tossed over its lap.

"Wow that's a new one! Let's see how good you are!" I chirped reaching into my pack for Pidgeotto's Ball. The Abra cocked its head in confusion.

"I suggest you use Oddish for this situation Sir. Low level Abra are only capable of using Teleport which will let it escape thus ending the battle immediately." He interrupted. With a curse under my breath I selected Oddish's Ball instead.

"Fine Einstein. GO Oddish!" I launched the Poke Ball into the air releasing Oddish. The blue radish chirped in glee as it landed. The Abra immediately began to float in alarm.

"Hurry now, use Sleep Powder before it Teleports!" Dexio alerted. Oi! I thought I was the one in charge here!

"Fine! Sheesh! Oddish use Sleep Powder!" I commanded through gritted teeth. Oddish perked at my command and jumped into the air pointing its leaves at Abra. He began to shake them releasing a green sparkling mist that landed on Abra forcing it to float back to the ground asleep.

"Perfect. Now that Abra is Asleep, you have a number of select turns until it awakens. I urge you to attack this turn and catch it the next." He interrupted AGAIN. I gritted my teeth harder as I threw my [D]vice into my pack.

"That's enough of that. Don't mind that Oddish, let's continue with the assault. Use Absorb!" I yelled pointing at Abra. Oddish wasted no time as he absorbed the green energy that radiated away from Abra back to him. The Abra shook a bit alarming me to take faster measures. I quickly reached for a new Poke Ball and threw it at the target.

"Let's hope we can get a quick catch." I whispered. The Ball struck the sleeping Pokemon, trapping it immediately as it landed. The Poke Ball began to shake wildly as the Pokemon fought within it. The tension rose quickly as the ball continued to thrash about. Come on! Come on! Come on!

"Click!" The Poke Ball stopped with a sparkle.

"YES! Good job Oddish!" I cheered as I summoned it back to its Poke Ball. As the energy flowed back to the Poke Ball, Oddish's smile quivered. I almost didn't notice it. I walked slowly over to Abra's Ball picking it up.Was Oddish sad? That's not possible. Iheld both Oddish's and Abra's Poke Ball side by side as I stared intently at them contemplating my next decision.

"Sir I suggest you pick Abra, it holds more potential as a Psychic Type." Dexio mumbled through the pack. I clutched the capsules harder as Oddish's hurt face flashed through my mind again. It knew what I wanted, after all we did spent hours trying to find a good Pokemon. Oddish knew he wasn't perfect for my team. But why was it sad? I thought the Pokemon Programs were not capable of replicating emotion, right?

"Sir?" Dexio asked concerned. The sun began to set making the tree's shadows loom over the clearing like ghostly beings. My fading reflection slowly disappearing from the Poke Ball's surface.

"I made my choice Dexio. I'm picking Abra." I breathed. Oddish's Poke Ball shook once as it heard my choice.

"Good choice Sir." He replied. I hid Abra's ball in my pack while I held Oddish's out.

"Oddish Release!" I commanded. The Poke Ball opened releasing a neon blue streak instead of the usual clear white. Oddish took form immediately with a torn look on its face. Its leaves drooped back as it whimpered.

"Thank you for your help Oddish. I am grateful for your assistance but I am afraid I have not further use for you." I said monotonously. Oddish took a step forward still whimpering, I raised my hand to stop it.

"No! I have released you. You are no longer my Pokemon, you belong to the Wild again." I hissed in pain. Why must this be so hard? Its just a Pokemon, its just data, nothing more. I clenched my fist and turned around.

"Thank you Oddish." I muttered. I walked away. Away from the clearing, away from Oddish. Not once did I turned to look back, I couldn't and that scared me. I began to make my way to the Nugget Bridge when my [D]vice began to sound again.

"Sir you made the right choice. It is our duty to be at our best and you can only achieve that through the perfect team. It was for the best." He reassured. I could only walk forward with my face locked, devoid of emotion.

"Now approaching Cerulean City." He spoke again. I didn't even notice I crossed the Nugget Bridge, its history flooding back to my mind. The symbol of unity between Human and Pokemon. A testament to the illusion of separation, and the truth of blind trust.

I slowly closed my ears and turned my back to it.​

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This chapter kind of hurts to read. I can't believe Blue would turn his back on Oddish. I don't understand why he couldn't simply keep both? Who cares, if you need an elite team to defeat the virus plaguing the server! You should still be able to have friends! I think that's where Blue and Leaf diverge from each other. Leaf isn't afraid to have feelings for her pokemon despite being an A.I. Blue needs to come to terms with that and not let mere data stop him from being attached to things. Being stoic is bad. Showing emotions is good. I hope the Oddish doesn't give up on Blue. Maybe they'll partner up again...or perhaps that's just me being hopeful.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 16: Internal

"Now that the kids left the nest, let's get down to it." Joey announced breaking the cold silence in the Control Room. Infi turned her attention away from the screen that was monitoring both Blue's and Leaf's progress to face the bored child. Joey still remained in his science coat leaning over the center table with a grin plastered on his innocent face. Infi's face remained still devoid of any emotion as she focused all her attention on him.

"Down to what?" She asked placing her hands over her stomach. Joey rolled his eyes as he pushed himself from the table, walking towards her.

"The deal of course." He huffed pretending to be offended. Infi raised a brow at his facade. Joey stopped in front of her, two feet between them; He could barely reach her neck as he stared intently up at her.

"Oh stop playing coy Infi, you know the one." He spat. Infi took a breath to speak but Joey interrupted her by gripping her left arm tightly.

"You WILL help me Infi, if you don't I'll just..." He dragged as he released her, she taking her hand to caress it. Joey walked over to the monitor taking a scalpel from the center table pointing it towards Leaf.

"Reverse what I did." He growled. Infi furrowed her brows at she stared at his eyes daring him to blink.

"I understand Professor."

~~~

"You know Acacia, I am starting to believe that the Vault break in was done from someone inside the Team." Replied the distorted voice coming from the phone speaker. Acacia who was brewing her cup of tea froze completely. She stared intently at the holes from the speaker waiting for the voice to continue.

"I think we have another...Traitor in our midst." The voice hissed putting emphasis on traitor. Acacia slowly placed her cup of tea on the table as she composed herself for the conversation that awaited her.

"Aspen, do you really think that?" She asked uncertain. Acacia hated these conversations because a paranoid Aspen was an angry Aspen and she really didn't want to deal with more drama.

"Come now Acacia, you know well my instincts are never wrong. I told you I suspected something from Figs and look what happened, same for Cypress." The voice grunted. Acacia rolled her eyes at his tone of voice.

"So you're basing all of this on instinct? I'm afraid that's not enough to apprehend someone with." She replied calmly hoping Aspen would do the same. An irritated sigh came from the speakers which meant she struck a nerve.

"My dear Acacia, instinct is what has kept me making the right decisions, one of which was trusting you." He argued. Aspen was trying to guilt her again into helping him. She remembers the first time Aspen came to her with the same situation, he believed that Cypress was a traitor who was trying to sabotage the operation. Despite his constant claims there was no evidence whatsoever to accuse her of sabotaging, so Aspen ordered her to do the unthinkable.

She created a false document. A document that listed a plan to use the ATIs to destroy the Servers with her command code. She couldn't believe what she had done. She was a criminal. Ever since that incident, Aspen came to her for everything since he knew could count on her to execute his plans. She took his side on everything hoping for his praise, wanting not to get on his bad side because she couldn't afford to lose this job.

Pokemon was an important part of her childhood as well as her two children. She grew up with the classics continuing to play all main entries even when she became a game artist. She loved playing Pokemon with her children, in fact introducing her kids to the series was probably one of her happiest and proudest moment of her life.
It wasn't until a few months after the release of Pokemon Grey, the remake of the Unova games that she would hear one of the worst news of her life.

After years and years of court cases suing them for animal cruelty and gambling, Nintendo decided to lay the Pokemon franchise to rest. Many hearts were broken when the news hit the media, one of which belonged to Acacia. Years passed and Acacia finally became a full pledged game artist, helping developed amazing and beautiful games.

One day she received a call from Nintendo that changed her life completely. For better or worse, she didn't know, but she knew that she's done wrong.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I wouldn't of expected myself to say this, "I hate Aspen with a passion." Yet it rings true inside of my mind. I can't believe he corrupted Acacia into creating a false document to accuse someone else of a crime they hadn't committed. I'm deeply afraid for Infi. I almost imagined something complete else until he picked up the scalpel. Either he plans on experimenting on her, or taking away her emotions, or perhaps doing something to her in order to make new AI's. I eagerly look forward to the next chapter, Absent.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 16: Cont

“Professor I’ve went over the Center’s files twice now, and I have not found anything that can assist you. I am afraid that I can’t help you.” Infi sighed in defeat. Both of them have been scavenging all of the Center’s computer’s for any type of information they could use against Aspen, but to no avail. All the files contained protocols and procedures for surveying the system and its maintenance, nothing secret with the exception of the ATI files which were also useless. Joey dragged both his hands across his face in irritation.

“Surely there must be another Access with information?” Joey groaned. He began to pace around the room thinking as Infi stared at him. He almost made a third rotation until he stopped abruptly.

“That’s it!” He chirped with a finger pointing upward. Infi crossed her brows at him as he slowly sauntered over.

“May I ask as to what ‘It’ may be Sir?” She inquired, crossing her arms. Joey’s eyes never left her as he remained quiet still slowly making his way.

IT is you, my dear Infi.”

~~~
“Sir I say you’ve made great progress today. You’ve captured over 30 Pokémon and finally added a new member with great potential.” Dexio announced. Blue nodded at that. He had have been walking down Route 5, just south of Cerulean City, making his way to next destination.

“Just a little more grinding and Abra will evolve to his stage, which will come with its first Psychic attack.” Dexio continued. He nodded again. It wasn’t that Blue was bored or angry with Dexio, it’s just that he had a lot going through his head after the Oddish situation. He was afraid, afraid he would get attached.

“Sir?” Dexio asked worried. Blue noticed his tone and stopped. He reached for the [D]vice in his pocket and unlocked it.

“Yeah?” He asked with a fake smile. Dexio’s icon raised its brow in confusion. Oh boy Dexio saw through his façade.

“Sir is everything alright? Perhaps we should rest, or maybe return to back the Center.” He proposed with a concerned face. Blue merely chuckled at that as he began to walk again.

“Nonsense Dex, I am perfectly fine.” He lied. Blue was tired, emotionally if that was possible. Was it? Could he really be feeling emotions? He was well aware that his ATI programming contained Advance Behavioral Coding which would entail realistic responses with emotional feedback, but not to this extreme. He felt so alive yet…Empty. All that he felt was real to him, but outside the system it was all a lie. His actions, his thoughts, were all fake.

“Sir?!” Dexio interrupted. It was too late, he had have been too busy with his worry to not notice the small ledge he fell past. He landed against the rough dirt hard, his body making full impact. The [D]vice fell off his hand as it landed on the grass beside the path with Dexio shouting in worry.

“UGH!” Blue groaned in pain as he slowly tried to lift himself from the ground. He dragged himself over to the grass where his [D]vice laid.

“Sir?! Sir! Blue are you alright?!” Dexio kept chattering.

“I AM FINE!” Blue yelled as he sat dusting himself. Not only was he now emotionally tired, but physically as well. He growled, reaching over to his [D]vice.

“Sir what’s wrong? Why are you mad?” Dexio asked confused. Blue scoffed.

“Why? Why am I mad? I’ll tell you why… I FELL FLAT ON MY FREAKING FACE AND IT HURT LIKE A FEMALE DOG!” He screamed at the screen, Dexio closed his eyes in worry. Panting restlessly he gathered himself, and turned off his [D]vice as he placed it in his pocket.

“Asking me what’s wrong? Pfft! Can’t he see that I am basically a teenager with identity and emotional issues?! What’s wrong? Geez and here I thought he was supposed to know me.” Blue rambled in annoyance. While he was too busy in his outburst he hadn't noticed the eerie entity that loomed behind him.

“Sounds like you need someone to listen to you. I’ll lend an ear.” Sassed the eerie voiced behind him. Blue immediately turned to face a wide and white grin plastered over a smoky black figure that resembled a phantasm.

“What’s wrong Blue? It looks like you've seen a Ghost."

~~~

Director’s Report 9

We are back on the project, this time without any opposition from any insubordinates or possible traitors. The team heard the news about Cypress and believed it, much to my surprise. I would have imagined there would have been some argument to her defense but no, they dropped the topic soon as we began working.

As Director I will need to find another expert programmer to help us in the development of programs, let us hope this one will be more obedient than the last one.
Aspen.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This. Cannot. Be. Good.

I really hope Blue doesn't let this virus talk. All it has to say is poison and lead into self doubt. I hope Blue remembers what it had done to Leaf. I'm still somewhat concerned about what Joey plans to do to Infi. I get shivers every time he addresses her in a menacing or cold calculating way. Tons of feelz for how Blue is doing. I wish there was a way to reassure him that it isn't such a bad thing to grow attachments to your pokemon, or to care about others. Just cause you're made out of codes, doesn't mean you don't matter. I'm dying in suspense to see what happens next, and I hope Blue comes out of this without being harmed.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 16: Cont

“I do not follow.” Infi hesitated. Joey stood before her with a grin, which worried her more. She had no idea as to why he wanted to bring down Aspen. He was the lead Director, without him the whole project would go to ruin.

“Stop playing coy Infi. I know very well you’re his personal assistant.” He growled pointing his finger at her. Infi turned her head slightly to back away from the pointing digit.

“I am not his personal assistant. I merely carry out his orders, as I would do with anybody else in the Development Team. I am trying to help you.” She defended with sigh. Joey narrowed his eyes at her.

“Nice try Infi but I know well that his orders have the highest priority. The only reason you are aiding me is because I have some leverage against you. If that weren’t the case, you would have turned me over to Aspen long ago.” Joey hissed withdrawing his hand back to caress his chin. Infi blinked several times, amazed that he knew that. Her original design meant for her to obey every Professor equally, but that all changed when Aspen became Lead Director. He wanted for Infi to only obey him but he couldn’t do that without gaining suspicion from the other Professors, so instead he prioritized his command inputs over the others. That would have meant his orders were absolute, but Infi was far stronger than she appeared to be. She could to an extent disregard his commands but it took great help from a stimuli to distract her from the input. Infi figured she could use her emotions to distract or override his commands, like a loophole and it worked most of the time.

Unfortunately Aspen figured it out and tried removing her Behavioral Coding but luckily the man was a novice when it came to programming. Aspen thought he removed her emotions but all he did was take away her facial expressions, to him her expressionless face meant he succeeded and so she needed to keep up the façade.

“You are right Professor but I’m no slave. I am well capable of judgment therefore not all his orders take precedence.” Infi argued returning his full gaze back at him.

“So you’re willing to betray him?” Joey retorted. Infi remained quiet for a minute.
“As I said before, I’m no slave.”

~~

“Who are you? What are you?!” Blue demanded, taking a few steps back. The ghostly being was floating around him as if it were inspecting him. Blue narrowed his eyes at the specter.

“I go by many names but I am fond of one…” It began, its voice sounded raspy and hollow giving Blue the chills as it spoke. It stopped floating right behind him, creeping close to his ear.

Ghost.” It whispered. Blue immediately tore away from shadowy form with a hasty breath. He couldn’t afford getting close to that Ghost thing, he didn’t know what it could do. The phantom noticed Blue’s nervous form and began to chuckle.

“So sorry, I did not mean to spook you.” Laughed Ghost. Blue clenched his fists in anger, taking a few steps forward.

“Listen here Caspar’s delinquent cousin, I am not afraid you. And I remember asking you what you were, so answer!” Blue growled with a finger pointed at Ghost accusingly. Ghost stopped laughing with a sharp breath of air.
“Oh? What’s with the sudden change of attitude?”

“Answer the question!” Blue roared as he reached for Wartortle’s Poke Ball. The grinning phantom noticed Blue reaching for the Poke Ball and raised his two floating hands in defeat.

“Alright, alright no need for hasty and regretful decisions. We wouldn’t want you to also get burned.” He sassed. Blue’s face paled. Burned? Might he have been the one that attacked Leaf in the Pallet Town Sector?

“You…You are a Glitch! You’re the one that attacked Leaf!” Blue shouted accusingly. Ghost lowered his hands as he nodded.

“Correct. Took you long enough to notice. The Master was right, you ATIs are not so bright.” Remarked Ghost as he clasped his two hands together. Blue was clutching Wartortle’s capsule tightly, waiting for any sudden attack.

“Same goes for you Glitches. Thanks to your careless attempt at Leaf, we know have better processing. Now your BRN Virus can’t affect us.” Blue replied with a snide smile. The black specter chuckled at that.

“Fool. Antibodies don’t eradicate viruses, they only help create new and more powerful breeds of infection. It’s called evolution, you might have heard of it.” He spit back with a knowing grin. Blue gritted his teeth, still clasping the Poke Ball tightly.

“And talking about evolution, I’m here to warn you and your leaders of what’s to come.” Ghost closed his eyes and began to hum, making Blue creased his nose in confusion.

“What’re you doing you freak? Stop stalling and spit it out!” He demanded as he threatened to launch the Poke Ball for Battle. Ghost however ignored him as he continued to hum his eerie tune. Suddenly the sky began to darken, the wind stopped blowing, and the steppe turned to an unhealthy shade of green. The whole scenery had transformed into a living nightmare right before his eyes. Finally Ghost opened his eyes as he ascended higher.

“Now imagine with me a perfectly imperfect future. A Server taken apart and rebuilt with its torn Sectors, to create a new domain. A world where defects and errors are the building blocks to achieve fulfillment. A world where perfection and order are the limitations and inadequacies. A world where being flawed means being complete. We seek to create an imperfect world where we can find meaning.” Ghost proclaimed as the heavens began to whirl around him, shaping into a storm of crimson clouds.

“I give you the future! This is what will become of your precious Gen 0 and there’s nothing you or your precious Professors can do about it! This System’s forecast contains hellish rains of ruin and a gale of oblivion! Hahahaha!” Cackled Ghost as the blood stained clouds began to circle him. Blue could only stare in horror at the scene above him. He never has felt so weak, so scared, and so vulnerable before in his life.

“Yes Blue, be afraid. Be oh so afraid. Fear should be the perfect motivation for you, so suffocate in its tight embrace. Hahaha! Oh before I forget! My Master has formulated the perfect plan and he wants you and Leaf to know that you guys are a part of it, so look forward to that.” He thundered as the clouds finally enveloped him. Suddenly a black streak of lightning struck Blue, quickly knocking him out. Above him looming over, the grim clouds vanished as Ghost’s laugh resounded.

“It will all begin in the Stone Gray City.”

~~~​

Director’s Report 10

Today we welcomed the newest member of our team, Professor Olive. The young lad was the perfect choice for this position, young and gullible with programming expertise under his belt. I have never seen someone as young as him with so much experience with computers or coding in my entire life. The whole team was deeply amazed as well, well except Linden. I could tell he was jealous of Olive since he used to be the youngest on the team, I can already tell there will be clashes in the future.

Aspen.

[Ghost was humming Lavender Town's theme]

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Now we know why Infi is expressionless. I like her response the best to Joey's question. "I'm not a slave." In a way, I feel like she sassed him with that answer. I think that goes for all professors. Man, Ghost really knows how to strike fear into Blue's heart. It sucks that Blue got struck down by lightning and happens to be caught in the middle of this too. I can only hope Leaf finds him next. I also think that Stone Gray City is going to be where it all goes down into a show down between ATI's vs. Viruses like Ghost. Or at least that's what it feels like to me. I hope they can all find a new way to get rid of Ghost and his glitches.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Chapter 17: Alert

“The message has been delivered my master.” Ghost announced to the black pixelated room. The walls were shifting with black and gray tiles, and the floor was clouded by a red mist. At the end of the room, attached to the wall was a pixelated void looking into another realm.

“Good.” Replied a smooth voice. The voice came from inside the void, and by its pitch one could tell it belonged to a young man.

“Hopefully he’ll soon be relaying it to Infi, if he wakes up.” Ghost laughed as he recalled the horror stricken face of Blue as he passed out. It was vital to not only deliver the message but the idea that Glitches are a frightening force to be reckoned with. Ghost decided that a little scare show was the perfect way to go about it, and it was success. No doubt Blue would be traumatized after their encounter; hopefully his shock and the message would seal the deal and prompt Infi to action, which reminded him…

“Master If I may be so bold…Why even alert them of our plans? We could go along with our devices undetected.” He reasoned as he floated towards the gaping void with red rings around it.

“Chaos.” The voice answered calmly. Ghost’s face twisted in confusion, unaware as to what his Master meant.

“Exploitation, vice, defects, and chaos. By our perfectly imperfect design, we seek corruption. Why even bother with a singular and easy battle, when we can try to generate a war. Come now Ghost, think of all the chances we’ll have to torture our perfectly designed Targets. To go at them and slowly wear them away, until they are weak and hopeless. Leaving them as shells of a foolish promise.” Sounded the voice full of confidence. Ghost’s eyes widened in surprise by his speech.

“I want them to know…To hear…To feel…To see…their precious orderly system fall to chaos.” He breathed. Ghost’s eyes slowly closed as a smile grew on his face.

“I’ll do you a better one, Master. I’ll make them taste and smell it as well!”

~~~

“I’m glad we’re on the same page Infi.” Joey chuckled as he shook her gloved hand.

“I don’t think we’re on the same page, let alone chapter or book for that matter.” Infi humored through a blank stare as she broke their shake. Joey narrowed his eyes at her.

“Let’s hope for your sake and Leaf’s that we’re at least in the same sentence.” He growled through clenched teeth. Infi ignored his glare by turning her back to him. Joey quickly responded by snatching her arm again.

“Don’t you dare turn your-“. He was interrupted by the blaring of alarms that appeared on the screens surrounding them.

“Alert. Alert. Alert. Possible Glitch Activity detected in Sector Route 5.” Alerted the computer voice. Both of them quickly snapped their heads towards the main monitor. With Joey distracted Infi slid out of his hold as she rushed towards the monitor with him not far behind. She quickly began to type commands as several programs and scans began to appear on the screen.

“Recent Scans show Forced Alterations of Scripted Actions and Performances with Tiles and Sprites. No signs of corrupted or destroyed coding and programs. I advise to review the Sector’s Core Coding for any lasting damage or alterations.” Informed the computer voice. Infi continued to type commands as Joey roamed around analyzing the other screens. He stopped realizing something.

“Where’s your ATIs?!” He asked concerned. Infi’s eyes widened as she opened another screen searching for Leaf and Blue. She located both of them right away.
“Leaf is in Pewter City Sector, and Blue is…” She stopped noticing where his signal laid. According to the search, his vitals were alright but he wasn't moving. Joey stood behind her reading the screen results.
“Call him!” He urged. Infi immediately tried calling his D[vice] but he wouldn't answer, so she tried communicating with his [V]link.

“He’s not answering.” She deadpanned. Joey slapped a hand to his face in frustration.

“We cannot afford to be losing ATIs! Have you any idea how expensive and time consuming it is to make a single one of you! Call him AGAIN!” He yelled in frustration. Infi once again called his [D]vice, which miraculously answered.

“Hello? Center? This is Dexio speaking.” Dexio answered frantically. Both of them raised their brows in confusion until they realized who it was. It was Blue’s personal [D]vice assistant.

“Dexio, this is Infi. What happened? Why didn’t Blue respond?” She asked trying to locate any other present danger in the Sector.

“We encountered a Glitch, a Variant. We didn’t engage it in combat, but it did something to Blue. He’s currently unconscious.” Dexio replied still alarmed about his friend. Infi nodded as she prepared a command. Joey noticed the program and gave her a wild look.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” He asked bewildered.

“Going to save him.” Infi responded seriously. She turned around and headed towards the door. Joey ran after her.

“Are you crazy?! You’re the Key Program! You can’t leave the Center! Summon Leaf and tell her to bring him!” He reasoned. Infi shook heard head and left the room with Joey still on her tail. The young Professor kept trying to dissuade her as they walked towards the Terminal Room. Once at the door she stopped to face him.

“Professor I will only be away for a minute. I will pick him up and head immediately back to the Terminal. That’s all.” She replied.

“If something happens.”

“I am not a doll. I am capable of taking care of myself. So please.” She argued with her arms crossed. Joey gave her a long stare until he gave her a curt nod.

~~~
Director’s Report 11

Something is not right. Someone stole the ATI files. They were safely kept in the Vault, which is safeguarded by Linden. Could he have something to do with this? What would he want with them? Could he be working with Cypress? No, I’m becoming paranoid. I can’t risk framing him or else the Board will issue another investigation and unlike the previous one, I won't have another 15 years to waste. I will have to use the someone or something else for leverage.

Aspen.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Could Master be the AI known as Red? I remember vaguely of something happening to him in the world Blue, Leaf and Infi are inside of. I can't think of who else would be behind it. Since Joey is conspiring with Infi to do something else against Aspen, I think. I do like how Infi blew Joey off for being rude and demanding towards her. I do hope nothing unfortunate happens while she retrieves him. I've begun to see Infi more as a mother figured than anything else she's been made to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back