• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Poems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
=O Thanks. (surprised someone actually read my thread for once <3)

Gram

Banned
Awards
~9th~

How long's it been since I seen you last?
How long since you've became a fixture of our pasts?
You were one of those people that could make people smile and laugh.
The kind to go up to a person you knew should you see them walk past.

They say your son is growing fast.
His hair even turning red in almost a flash.
Though I've only seen photos myself through a phones looking glass.

You also had a few hobbies we wished you lacked.
But nothing to make us think less cause of such a fact.
Because who you were always remained intact.

I wonder if you can see us where your at?
Does my humor and poor luck still give you laughs?
Hopefully the grief of the others aren't making you sad.

Thinking back now, from my earliest memory of the past, up till that last talk we had......
Just how long has it been since we got that call and I helped bury you beneath the grass?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
~9th~

How long's it been since I seen you last?
How long since you've became a fixture of our pasts?
You were one of those people that could make people smile and laugh.
The kind to go up to a person you knew should you see them walk past.

They say your son is growing fast.
His hair even turning red in almost a flash.
Though I've only seen photos myself through a phones looking glass.

You also had a few hobbies we wished you lacked.
But nothing to make us think less cause of such a fact.
Because who you were always remained intact.

I wonder if you can see us where your at?
Does my humor and poor luck still give you laughs?
Hopefully the grief of the others aren't making you sad.

Thinking back now, from my earliest memory of the past, up till that last talk we had......
Just how long has it been since we got that call and I helped bury you beneath the grass?

Aw that's so sad. To lose a loved one is never easy.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This is a good way to gain more closure. I've never lost someone personally, or close in general, but I know what its like to feel sad or empty inside; when you can't see this person anymore. Its a really good poem, and its kind of shocking once a lot of time has passed, and you feel like it was only yesterday you saw them. May he rest in peace. And if you need someone to talk to, Gram, you have friends and family alike to be there for you. :3

Gram

Banned
Awards
~10th~

Yesterday came flashes of the past,
My fathers aunt and her clan visiting us, reestablishing connections almost buried in her past.

Making her rounds among extended family and friends, us being one of the visits near the end.
The elder members soon catching up like old friends.

I too eventually jumped in speaking to this old woman like a long lost friend when the flashes began.
Like grains of sand, remembering things that will never be again.

Those days when everyone gathered like friends.
Some playing the family band, us younger kids playing in the mud & sand, while the parents and grandparents (even if younger back then) talked and joked long after the sun set low on the land.

Then towards the end as this old woman grinned and waved goodbye with her wrinkled hand,
It was then I wondered why it all came to an end, those days when everyone gathered and regarded one another truly as kin.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really liked this poem a lot. I want to believe its because, your parents or anyone else's parents for that matter wanted to be independent and live out their own lives. Creating new bonds and making their family grow, so their kids can have clans of their own to look forward to. In a way, I feel like you described a perfect summer that was so long ago. I'd say that's why some people still have family reunions. Even myself, I go to a reunion but, I don't know as many people there then most do. Its interesting though, because you can still see people connect over a long period of time. And you reminded me of Summer Wars too. We just have to keep making forward and hold onto the precious memories of loved ones, while we still can.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I really liked this poem a lot.
^_^ Thanks.

I want to believe its because, your parents or anyone else's parents for that matter wanted to be independent and live out their own lives. Creating new bonds and making their family grow, so their kids can have clans of their own to look forward to
Sad to say the reason isn't anywhere near that mature, reasonable or peaceful. Everyone fell apart for far more foolish reasons.

In a way, I feel like you described a perfect summer that was so long ago.
They were.

I'd say that's why some people still have family reunions. Even myself, I go to a reunion but, I don't know as many people there then most do. Its interesting though, because you can still see people connect over a long period of time.And you reminded me of Summer Wars too. We just have to keep making forward and hold onto the precious memories of loved ones, while we still can.
That's the exact reason for a reunion and they can be every bit of what you seen in summer wars or imagine from my poem but sadly we don't even have those anymore.
Even if you don't know most of the ones there, enjoy those reunions while you can.

Gram

Banned
Awards
~11th~

Since chibi has made me do haiku's again it seems fitting to put at least one haiku in this thread of mine~

Beautiful, pristine,
Winter paints the scenery,
A pretty but cold world.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A good haiku. I think of Sokka every time someone mentions a haiku.

I believe winter is already on its way. Winter is certainly beautiful but, its also cruel. At the same time it can create a romantic setting for couples every where. I enjoyed your haiku, Gram.

Gram

Banned
Awards
A good haiku. I think of Sokka every time someone mentions a haiku.

I believe winter is already on its way. Winter is certainly beautiful but, its also cruel. At the same time it can create a romantic setting for couples every where. I enjoyed your haiku, Gram.
Sokka is haiku champ~ x'D

Feels like that here as well, our summers oddly cool so far. Thanks. ouo I love snow wintery scenes.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
[h=2]prose[/h]

[h=2]Full Definition of PROSE[/h]1

a : the ordinary language people use in speaking or writing
b : a literary medium distinguished from poetry especially by its greater irregularity and variety of rhythm and its closer correspondence to the patterns of everyday speech

^Taken directly from Merriam-Webster

But pretty much prose is using every day speech and language in poetry. I jsut think that's your style of poetry, and to me that's a very good thing. :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
^Taken directly from Merriam-Webster

But pretty much prose is using every day speech and language in poetry. I jsut think that's your style of poetry, and to me that's a very good thing. :)

I see, that's rather interesting. Kinda fitting of my personality isn't it? haha

Halcyon

So I'm just going to appear out of nowhere and say that I really like literature, your poems in particular *_* Reading all of your poems, I think your 1st, 4th and 9th are the best. The 9th especially because it's very heartfelt. It's a little late and this is coming from someone you don't know but I'm really sorry for your loss and I hope you're doing okay.

Gram

Banned
Awards
*surprised someone actually read them all* =D Thank you. Tbh the 1st one is my personal fave as well, made it years ago.
Thanks I'm doing fine although my mother, aunt, uncle and grandmother still get sad.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sorry but I'm not sure. I seldom write them. Even the small ones I make in the other thread take me a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back