• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

poem exchange?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Been perusing Answering Back, an anthology of poems edited by Carol Ann Duffy. Basically, it's a bunch of contemporary poets responding to poems of some of the greats and other poets from the past with their own. So! I think that's super neat and KHI should give something like that a go save with our own talent or respond to the poems of others. But to add another layer of fun, how about we keep the poets a secret until all the poems and their responses are collected (it's not that I don't trust anyone here, but I'd like to avoid bias based on the poet instead of the poem). Maybe we should focus on a specific theme, too.

How this would hypothetically work:

1) X amount of people would submit a poem to me
2) I would send poems back to them based on these submissions (the poets' names omitted)
3) The submitters would then respond to these poems with poems of their own*
4) I'd post them both up! Get some comments, criticism, discussion going on the topic at hand and why/how you chose to respond to it via poem?

*Note: we don't necessarily need to have the responders and submitters be the same people, I'm just throwing out rough ideas.

OR

We could all submit (well-known) published poems to me and I give each person a poem to respond to and we take it from there (again, perhaps focusing on a particular theme)?

Thoughts, concerns, criticisms, interest check?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
If I write poetry, its main purpose is usually just to have fun with language devices (rhyme, alliteration, assonance, etc.). Nevertheless, I'd gladly participate if it meant revitalizing the Creative Writing section -- or at least enjoying some poetry that is totally new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back