• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► PMD: Adventures of Team Selva del Luna

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Chapter 0

~Gengar’s Origin~

It had all started out on that cold, desolate night. A young, amethyst-haired boy traveled alongside his lovely Pokemon known as Guardevoir. The two had been traveling for a long time that both felt the ever looming presence of death encroach upon them. The spiky-haired youth and his Embrace Pokemon came upon a small cave.

“Do you think we should go into it?” the human asked his partner.

The Guardevoir shook her head and moaned a few times. But, the human just cackled at her and went inside the cave. The Embrace Pokemon panicked and chased after her beloved master. Guardevoir called for her master with his name repeated constantly in her head,“Greggory-sama, where are you?!” She began to panic and felt her body tense up at the thought of her beloved master freezing to death in some part of this small cave that seemed to have numerous mazes. She heard a scream and nearly fainted, but she gathered up her courage and searched for her dear Greg.

“Guardevoir, help me!” the scream that could be barely heard was recognized by the Embrace Pokemon as her beloved lord. “I’m coming! Hold on,” the green maiden said as she glided throughout the cave.

The screams and shrill terror within Greg’s voice kept urging the Guardevoir on. She had to find her purple, spiky-headed youth. He had saved her numerous times, especially when she was just a baby Ralts. Guardevoir could still recall those awful, cruel days. She never wanted to forgive those horrid humans for nearly killing her.

Flashback

An infant Ralts crawled to the front of an old, brick school building. Nobody knew where the Pokemon came from or even if her trainer or family was out looking for her. The teachers and the staff of the school just left the Feeling Pokemon alone. Of course, the teachers, janitors and other staff of the all-boys academy left the baby some water, berries, apples and sometimes Pokeblock and Poffins.

Ralts didn’t know what to think of the humans. She had been told by numerous Pokemon that humans were malicious and couldn’t be trusted. Of course, none of the humans seemed to be evil so far and some of them seemed kind of nice with those delicious treats they occasionally put out. She still wasn’t sure if she could trust them and so she kept to herself just like the humans kept to themselves. Everybody would stay in their own place and nothing bad would happen, right?

One morning, everything changed. Ralts crawled out from her small crevice in the stone gates of the old schoolhouse. She went to where the humans had set two bowls of food and water for her, but only to find out that some red-orange, striped dog was eating from her bowl. “Hey,” she shouted at the dog.

The Growlithe growled at her with his fangs bared. “Get lost, runt! This is my food.”

“No, it isn’t,” the Ralts cried.

“Well, you snooze you lose, sweetheart. I am bigger than you and I was the first to arrive, so therefore it is my food. So, back off!”

Ralts began to sob under her green bowl-cut and red ‘horns’. “I have nothing else to eat,” the Feeling Pokemon cried as she held her white sleeve-like hands towards her eyes.

The Growlithe kept digging into her food. She watched hungrily and sadly as he did this. “IT’S MY FOOD!” she screeched.

She lifted her head, which revealed to large, red irises. “MY FOOD, HOW DARE YOU TOUCH IT!”

“Hey, what the…” the Growlithe exclaimed as he felt himself hovering in mid-air. He looked at the tiny Pokemon and cried to her as he was very high up in the sky. “Put me down!”

The Ralts chuckled and muttered to the Puppy Pokemon, “I’ll put you down, but it won’t be anywhere near my food.”

The Growlithe was sent soaring far off into the turquoise mountains that overlooked the small school building. Ralts went to her dish and dug in what remained of it with her small, white hands. She did the same with her water. Ralts was unaware that a couple of boys headed towards the schoolhouse for another day of lessons. However, the lessons that the boys brought with them were nothing, but trouble.

~~~

“Hey Growlithe, is that the runt that caused you to get scratched like that?” a loud, obnoxious voice asked.

“Growlithe!” the striped dog nodded.

Ralts looked up from her food dish. Her eyes nearly widened once she saw that trouble-making hog again. He snickered at her before putting on some sort of act that made the four boys behind him get mad. “So, that’s the pipsqueak that hurt my beloved Lonnie.”

“C’mon Jace, shouldn’t we just leave it alone? I mean, Lonnie has been known to cause mischief in the past. He did steal Ms.-”

“Shut up! Nobody hurts my innocent Lonnie.”

The human boys began to pick up a bunch of rocks. Ralts could sense their enraged feelings through her red horns. She was scared and sent the rocks back at the boys with confusion. This only seemed to cause the Feeling Pokemon more agony as the boys’ already angst emotions nearly tripled. She wanted to flee, but she didn’t know teleport. Ralts felt more rocks hit her as her confusion couldn’t catch all of them.

One of the boys approached her and attempted to kick her. Ralts saw that a boy rush to her aid. He cradled her in his arms and held her against his chest. “Hey guys, I think that’s enough! Shouldn’t you be headed to class?!”

“Get out of the way, Greg!”

“Do you want to get kicked?”

“Guys, you’re really pathetic, especially you, Jace,” said the voice of Ralts’s savior.

The Feeling Pokemon looked up and saw her hero’s face. He was a boy around eight-years-old with dark purple, spiky hair. The boy had large, rounded eyes that held a mischievous and somewhat kind, red irises to them.

“You can’t defend that thing after it hurt my Lonnie!”

“Jace, why don’t you and your friends get lost or else I’ll tell on you,” Greg said.

The boys’ eyes widened and they fled to class after they tried to call Greg’s bluff. Greg giggled as they fled like a bunch of Bug Pokemon. Greg set the Ralts down
. “Y’know, you shouldn’t be out here. Jace and his thugs will be back any time after class. I might not be here to save you next time. Do you have anywhere to go?” Greg asked the Feeling Pokemon as she stood next to her food and water bowls.

The Ralts shook her small head.

Greg laughed, “I guess, I can take you in. I mean, after all I want to become a Pokemon Master one of these days. Do you want to join me?”

Ralts nodded and Greg pulled out a red and white ball from his beige backpack. He pressed the middle of the small, marble-sized ball and it became bigger.
“C’mon, get inside!” Greg said to the Ralts in the nicest voice he could muster.

Ralts was unsure of what to make of this device. She didn’t want those mean boys and that dumb mutt to come back to continue their harassment of her. The Ralts nodded and touched the ball. She was immediately absorbed into it while Greg waited till the Pokeball clicked from the outside, which it did. He tapped the middle of the Pokeball, it shrank and he placed it into his beige backpack. “I’ll protect you, Ralts. I promise.”

End of Flashback

Guardevoir stopped at a dead-end of the cave. She looked around, sure that this was where Gregory's voice came from. Guardevoir was bewildered now as her master wasn’t there. She called his name with her telekinesis. But, nothing came back. She began to panic worst than before. Then, a loud screech echoed behind her.

“Gotcha,” Gregory said as he jumped behind the petrified Embrace Pokemon. Guardevoir was mad now. How could her master trick her like this? The big meanie, but then she couldn’t expect anything else from the human. After all, he was a class A prankster both at school, at home and even on their journey.

“Guardevoir, I think this is a good enough spot to lie down,” Gregory said to his Pokemon as he began unpacking his sleeping bag along with another for his partner.

Guardevoir felt uneasy being in this cave. She felt like they were invading somebody’s space. Somebody that seemed to be very powerful. Guardevoir tried shaking her partner’s arms or nudging him to leave, but he just laughed. “Guardevoir, it’s okay! There is no need to be scared. Greg the Mighty will protect you.”

Guardevoir just grudgingly shrugged the ominous fear she felt. She trusted her partner. He always protected her, especially from those horrid boys. Guardevoir cuddled close to her partner as he watched him slowly drift off to sleep.
~~~

“How dare you tread upon my terrain?” an ominous voice declared in the sheer darkness of the cave. Guardevoir opened up her large, red eyes. She looked around as she slowly lifted her head from her trainer’s torso. A pair of crimson eyes glared at her in the distance. Guardevoir felt tense and looked down at her trainer. He was still asleep.

The pair of blood-red eyes approached them and a snarl let out, which followed with an ominous voice, “None shall trespass!”

Guardevoir shook her partner frantically, but Greg wouldn’t wake up. The snarling and the voice grew louder along with nine, small flames The will o'wisps or ghostly fire was just a glimmer at first along with the crimson, sinister eyes. But, now they seemed to be right in front of the Pokemon and her sleeping master. The Embrace Pokemon panicked and stood in front of her human parent with her long arms stretched out, “Please, don’t hurt us!”

The mysterious canine was right in front of the green maiden now. The eerie, orange flames flickered and cackled as the canine glanced behind the Embrace Pokemon. “That human has dared to violate me by touching one of my sacred nine tails!” the canine spoke with her sharp canines exposed.

Guardevoir studied the flames and the features of the canine. She recognized the canine and instantly froze, “Ninetails…!” she stuttered.

The canine nodded and growled, “Yes, I am the legendary Fox Pokemon. I was created when nine wizards combined themselves together to fight off a great evil. I am also the one that has been violated by that human behind you.” The white fox bared her sharp canines once more and her nine tails were all exposed.

Guardevoir glared at the fox and held her arms out before the savage canine. “Greggy would never do such a thing like that.”

“Oh,” the Ninetails spoke. “How can you be sure?”

“Because…” Guardevoir said as memories began flooding through her mind. “...he saved me!”

“Very well then, I shall test him to see if he as truthful as you make him out to be.”

~~~

Greg opened his eyes. He heard a loud shriek before him.

“GUARDEVOIR!” the amethyst-haired trainer shouted.

The Embrace Pokemon endured the savage curse that the Ninetails placed on her. She smiled at her trainer. The ominous voice of the golden-white fox interrupted the emotional moment between both human and Pokemon, “Do you wish to save your partner, human?”

Gregory had already fled the cave. He kept running and running into the freezing, cold blizzard that ravaged the landscape outside. Tears welled up in his eyes at the thought of his betrayed partner. He felt sorry and wanted to turn back, but Greg had to survive. Run and run was all that he could do. The curse of the Ninetails echoed through his mind, “The human shall be reborn as Pokémon!”

Greg felt his body become heavy. It became almost impossible for him to run anymore. He was fatigued by what happened to his partner and the strenous running that he placed his fragile body under. It was catching up to him and Greg suddenly collapsed.

“GUARDEVOIR...I’M...SORRY…” Greg thought before his mind went blank and his corpse fell victim to the cold.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Okay, I really liked the starting of this story until I got to the end. Seriously, I kind of wanna cry on Guardevoir behalf for the betrayal of her Pokemon master Greg. Is this gonna be continued or stay a one-shot, Desire? Otherwise, I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Okay, I really liked the starting of this story until I got to the end. Seriously, I kind of wanna cry on Guardevoir behalf for the betrayal of her Pokemon master Greg. Is this gonna be continued or stay a one-shot, Desire? Otherwise, I enjoyed reading it a lot.

I'm thinking about updating it once I get the game or something. I can't really picture Greg as a Ghastly or how he formed Team Meanies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Chapter 1

~Gengar’s Regret~

“There once lived a Pokemon by the name of Ninetails. Now, Ninetails had many tails, as you might have guessed nine of them, all of them imbued with psychic power.It was said that anyone so foolish as to touch one of the nine tails would be cursed for one thousand years. But there was someone so foolish as to grab one of those accursed tails. And, it was a human.”

“A human?”

“Indeed, it was a human. As one might expect, the human that grabbed the tail was subjected to a millenia curse. However, just when the curse was about to be cast, a Pokemon named Gardevoir shielded the human…and sacrificed herself to absorb the human’s curse.”

“Why? Why would that Pokemon, Gardevoir, take the human’s place?”

“To Gardevoir, that human was her partner. There exists strong bonds between people and Pokemon.”

“...Okay, but humans...aren’t there good and bad ones too?”

“That is correct. Taking pity on Gardevoir, Ninetails asked the human this, ‘Do you wish to save Gardevoir?’ But, the human had fled and abandoned his partner. Ninetails became disillusioned with the human and it made this prediction, ‘That human will one day be reborn as a Pokemon...’”

“What?! A human turned into a Pokemon?!”

“Do you think it’s true?”

“No, it can’t be…”

“Let’s continue to listen to Whiscash, okay? We need to find out more.”

“Yeah…”

“And when the human becomes a Pokemon, the great balance will be upset and the world will descend into ruin.That is how the legend ends. Well, did you find it of interest, children?”

“....”

“Ah-hah, you found it so intriguing that you are at loss for words, am I right? Hohoho. There’s no need to wear such a serious expression. Certainly some rumors say that the legend may actually be true, but it is nothing more than an ancient fairy tale. So, there is no concern to be alarmed, children. If you feel the urge to hear it again, come see me. Hohoho.”`

It was after that moment that my partner, Selva and I glanced at each other. The elderly Whiscash looked at us with concern in his big eyes that seemed to contain small dark orbs. Selva, my Treecko friend stared at me as we walked off the stone platforms in front of the old Catfish Pokemon. I knew my partner was distraught and to be honest, so was I. I couldn’t remember anything about being a human. All I knew was that my human name had been Natsuno and that I had woken up in a strange, lush-green forest full of swarming Bug, Bird and Grass Pokemon. That forest was my start on a new adventure with the Gecko Pokemon that had found me, Selva.

Selva had been in the woods, which he called ‘Tiny Woods’. He and I didn’t have a very good start. I was yelling and screaming as I ran through the forest with flames protruding out of my back. I kept tripping and falling as I wasn’t used to these stubby, new mouse-legs of mine. Selva laughed and I wanted to toast him, especially the part where I told him my name. A sudden shriek interrupted my assault on the annoying reptile. “HELP...HELP...MY CHILD! MY POOR CATERPIE FELL DOWN INTO THE CAVERN...I CAN’T REACH HIM DUE TO THE FRIGHTENED, VIOLENT POKEMON DOWN THERE. PLEASE, SAVE HIM!”

With that we were off. It was irritating with how frightened Selva was. I had to keep pushing him forward. We eventually made it past the Wurmple, Pidgey, Exeggcute, and Sunkern, though Selva kept trying to persuade the weaklings to stop attacking them and that we were only trying to retrieve a Caterpie. They were suspicious of us none the less, but we managed to make it past them with a bunch of butt-kicking. I still wished that Selva and I knew some good attacks like Flamethrower and Bullet Seed. But, as people say, “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

We got the lime-green caterpillar Pokemon back to his mother. She was happy and gave us a few items, which Selva could barely hold in the small knapsack he carried around. He somehow managed to get it back to what would serve as our team base. Selva wanted to pick a dorky name like ‘Team Go-Getters’ or ‘Team Pokepals’, but I refused. I chose to go with an epic name like ‘Fiery Free’. Of course, it took some nagging to get Selva to agree. He was like, “Dude, that name is just plain stupid. What does that name even mean? ‘Team Go-Getters’ and ‘Team PokePals’ makes a bunch more sense, don’t you think?”

We battled it out and I came out on top. He reluctantly agreed to the name. Who says that type advantage is useless? I love being a fire type, because I can kick his grass-type-but all day. Of course, the day after that annoying day in the woods, a letter arrived from a strange-looking, white pelican that pecked it into our mailbox. I wanted to leave, but Selva tricked me into checking it out due to his large, yellow eyes. I don’t know what it is, but I am sucker for big, sad eyes.

It turned out that it was just a bunch of stuff, a team badge signifying that we were what Selva called a rescue team. A rescue team is basically a group of Pokemon that go out into the wilderness to help Pokemon that are affected by the increasing natural disasters. According to Snubbull, there was a fire that happened recently and Team Blastoise, which is made up by Swampert, Feraligatr and Blastoise (duh, hence the name) put it out. Everybody applauded them and Selva desperately wanted to become just like them. I really didn’t care about the glory that came with being on a top-rank rescue team like that. I just stuck with Selva, because I didn’t want to be alone in a world that I knew nothing about.

Selva and I finished our first mission at a place called Thunderwave Cave in record time. We got the fused Magnemite out and pulled them apart. It took a couple of days till one of them joined our rescue team. Selva and I visit him from time to time along with the other electric-type Pokemon at the Power Plant, which used to be run by humans. Odd since I’ve never seen any of them around. I am wondering if they went extinct or something. If that’s the case then what does that say about me, a human-turned Cyndaquil?

The missions went normal. We managed to get past normal rank to bronze rank, which is still pretty good for those awful Team Meanies. I’ll get to them in a second. Wait, I’ll just tell you about them now. They are lead by this purple blob named Gengar. He always makes this goofy ‘Kekeh’ sound and he has two goons; a Medicham and an Ekans. They stole our jobs for that day and made my friend cry. Those jerks, I still can’t believe them!

We went to this place at the edge of town (Pokemon Square) called Pelipper’s Post Office. We ended up taking some job in Tiny Woods helping out some defenseless Wurmple get reunited with her lame Pikachu friend. Gosh, I can’t stand yellow rats, especially ones that only give you like 50 poke and a Pecha Berry. What type of reward is that?!

I can’t complain, because it gave us something to do. It gave me a chance to get away from those laughing snobs for the day. We still saw their ugly hides again two days later. Caterpie came up to us crying. He said that his friend, Metapod was stuck in the forest. Team Meanies showed up and offered to make Caterpie a member of their lame club. As if Selva and I would let that happen.

We went to Sinister Forest, which was where that Caterpie said his friend was. It was not an easy journey. Selva and I must have been under-level or something, because we nearly fainted in those woods. Selva and I pushed on and ended up confronting Team Meanies at the end. They put up a ‘good’ fight for a bunch of conniving pansies. We beat Gengar first and his goons fled. Metapod came out from his hiding spot and I don’t blame him, because those creeps can be scary sometimes. Caterpie was thrilled to have his best friend back and they couldn’t pay us (that was a shame, because I could have gone for some Huge Apples or Soda), but I was happy to see that Selva was delighted and that we kicked Gengar and his goon’s butts.

Things started getting strange. My dreams, which I didn’t have for a while started coming back. The natural disasters went from bad to worst and a fellow team failed in their mission as their leader, a pointy-nosed freak named Shiftry disappeared after he released a monster from it’s thundercloud. We helped the Jumpluff that had been refused service by the hog at first, but then received threats from Team ACT (Team Alakazam, Charizard and Tyranitar). We got goosebumps at the word of monster.

We tried to trick Jumpluff with our stomach aches, but she caught on. She knew I didn’t have breakfast, so there was no way that I could have a stomach ache. Ugh, I wish I didn’t have to sleep in so much in the day that I miss out on a good excuse. We found out that the monster was actually Zapdos. Zapdos challenged us to a battle at this place called Mount Thunder. We later heard from Team ACT as they overheard our conversation about the legendary bird of thunder.

I would have gotten away with my bravery act, but Selva had to ruin it. I wanted to toast him after he said that I was the one that always faked them and that he got annoyed by them. Quite frankly, it’s the other way around. He’s the one that is always faking it, but I digress. We managed to beat Team ACT to the top of Mount Thunder and nearly lose thanks to my idiot friend rushing in front of that legendary beast.

Team ACT showed up and Charizard thought that Zapdos still wanted to continue to fight. Zapdos refused and said that he was impressed with our fighting skill, but the next time he would ‘go all out’. I am really hoping that we’re super powerful by that time. Alakazam glanced at me. I wanted to run as that mustached cat-freak gave me the heeby-jeebies. Chase, our Poochyena teammate was shocked by the fact that Alakazam knew that I was human. He has a hard time looking me in the eyes now. I don’t get why Pokemon are so scared of humans. Aren’t humans extinct or something? Maybe, it has to do with those tales of prison balls that Whiscash likes to tell us kids. I don’t know.

I wanted to know why I became a Pokemon and so did Selva and Chase. We went up to the Hill of Ancients that sits somewhere in this massive dungeon called the Great Canyon. I wanted to attack the green stranger that stared at the sun. That would get his attention after tickling him failed miserably. Selva was indecisive and scared, but he eventually attempted it, but the green stranger eventually got our attention. He was the fortune-teller Xatu that Alakazam told us about. He was even worst than that bearded, yellow cat. What he said scared and confused me.

It didn’t help with the Ninetails’ legend and the nightmare I had. I met the phantom that for so long has haunted my dreams. It was Gardevoir from that hideous story that Whiscash told Caterpie, Metapod, Selva and me today. She didn’t seem upset or anything, in fact she seemed happy to meet me. I wanted to ask her if I was the human that abandoned her and was causing the world’s turmoil, but I woke up before I could finish the dream.

“...What a strange dream…”

“It's the dream I always have, but it was clearer than it was before...I think I know who that Pokemon was…” I looked around and sighed. Could it be true, was I that awful trainer?

We went into town. Everything was still and quiet. Selva was confused, but tried to remain optimistic about the whole thing. We checked it out and Gengar lead the commotion. He revealed the legend as fact and blamed me. I didn’t know what to say thanks to my lack of memories, so I was forced to take the blame. We fled town after Lombre attacked and the other townsfolk attacked us.
Gengar stuck out his big tongue and laughed as we ran. He made us look like the fools, well I made myself look like a fool in front of Selva. Selva still believed in me, even though I might be that awful trainer that abandoned Gardevoir. We later received notice from Team ACT that they were going to hunt us down and they gave us time to flee. Chase was in charge now.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow. What a turn of events for Natsuno and Selva. It sounded like their adventures in saving other pokemon had been going well until he went to find out the truth about who he really was. I hope those two can keep as far away from Team ACT before it's too late. I look forward to seeing what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back