• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plotholes Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That also begs the question why Ven's heart wasn't released when Sora stabbed himself...or if it was and in Roxas, wouldn't he have memories of Ventus and not Sora? And wouldn't he go back to his body in CO?

Plot holessss.......

Roxas is a Special Nobody. Aqua was the only one who could free Ventus' body, and Roxas has his Heart. He doesn't have any memories because he is special, and Nomura is a plot hole-spreading mothaf*cka.

K3ybladespartan

Can someone give a legit plot hole that can't be explained? Like Namine's existence...is that a plot hole, or has that been resolved now?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Can someone give a legit plot hole that can't be explained? Like Namine's existence...is that a plot hole, or has that been resolved now?

Kairi lost her Heart and Namine was born, she had a slight resemblance to Sora and Ventus, but still resembled Kairi too. She, being a Special Nobody, aged in the year between Chain of Memories and II.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
She's not a Nobody though. No one actually knows what she is.

She is a Nobody. She is what's known as a Special Nobody. Roxas is one two, but less of one because his circumstances can be explained, unlike Namine's.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I know and I remember him saying so, but it still bothers me for some reason.

It bothers me too. "Riku! The Heartless are attacking!" "I know! I'm the reason for it! I sold my home world for power when I already have powers strong enough to leave! But at least I kept my secret!" "0_0' WHAT!?" "Yeah, Terra said that Billy Zane had to appear or I would lose my Keyblade." Now THAT, my friends, is a plot hole with an explanation. He had the Keyblade so he could easily leave Destiny Islands, but Billy Zane had to make an appearance, so he let darkness into his Heart.

Roxanne

It bothers me too. "Riku! The Heartless are attacking!" "I know! I'm the reason for it! I sold my home world for power when I already have powers strong enough to leave! But at least I kept my secret!" "0_0' WHAT!?" "Yeah, Terra said that Billy Zane had to appear or I would lose my Keyblade." Now THAT, my friends, is a plot hole with an explanation. He had the Keyblade so he could easily leave Destiny Islands, but Billy Zane had to make an appearance, so he let darkness into his Heart.

You just summed up my feelings perfectly, THAT'S why it bothered me so much and come to think of it your point explains a few things I had forgotten since I haven't played the first KH in so damn long. Damn you Billy Zane and those Darkness powers that made Riku's dormant keyblade powers nearly redundant. Sort of.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You just summed up my feelings perfectly, THAT'S why it bothered me so much and come to think of it your point explains a few things I had forgotten since I haven't played the first KH in so damn long. Damn you Billy Zane and those Darkness powers that made Riku's dormant keyblade powers nearly redundant. Sort of.

Bite your tounge off! How dare you damn Billy Zane!

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
They also act surprised to find out about the existence of the keyblade when (also at the tower) they had met keyblade wielders before.

I've thought a ton about this before. Mickey also tells them to "look for the key", when, according to BBS, they all knew what a Keyblade was because Mickey had one. Why not just tell them "Find the guy with a Keyblade"?

I always just figured none of them knew what it was, and Mickey only got his first Keyblade in the Realm of Darkness, which was the alternate form of Sora's. I also feel that Sora's Keyblade was meant to be the only one in the series ("THE Keyblade", as it's called so many times), which is why Sora was so surprised Riku/Ansem had one in HB.

Then at one point in the series they decided to make Keyblades a standard weapon, and all of a sudden all of the praise Sora got as a special, chosen warrior of THE Keyblade seemed ill-placed and useless, and Keyblades were all over the place.

Arimith

I've thought a ton about this before. Mickey also tells them to "look for the key", when, according to BBS, they all knew what a Keyblade was because Mickey had one. Why not just tell them "Find the guy with a Keyblade"?

I always just figured none of them knew what it was, and Mickey only got his first Keyblade in the Realm of Darkness, which was the alternate form of Sora's. I also feel that Sora's Keyblade was meant to be the only one in the series ("THE Keyblade", as it's called so many times), which is why Sora was so surprised Riku/Ansem had one in HB.

Then at one point in the series they decided to make Keyblades a standard weapon, and all of a sudden all of the praise Sora got as a special, chosen warrior of THE Keyblade seemed ill-placed and useless, and Keyblades were all over the place.

Sounds alot like Jedi. At least Lucas mentioned that they USED to be numerous in the past.
I just feel them really, really, really trying to make KH Star Wars...with Disney!

Sora can be Luke. Super important, until it turns out there was not just one, but two more powerful jedi in the same period named Starkiller.

blueheart

Bronze Member
One plothole I never understood, if it was explained.

Mickey thought the one who possessed Riku and tried to take Kingdom Hearts was Ansem. But he knew what Ansem the Wise really looked like. So why did he still think he was Ansem in Castle Oblivion and for about a year after that? It's obvious he didn't have blond hair, their voices were different, and they have different face shapes. And I'm pretty sure Mickey knew his friend wouldn't go that far to study the heart, because in the meeting they had, Ansem was already saying "I'm concerned about the stability of the worlds".

First scene

[video=youtube;ROUutEQ8hpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROUutEQ8hpE[/video]

MarkulaMark

Awards
One plothole I never understood, if it was explained.

Mickey thought the one who possessed Riku and tried to take Kingdom Hearts was Ansem. But he knew what Ansem the Wise really looked like. So why did he still think he was Ansem in Castle Oblivion and for about a year after that? It's obvious he didn't have blond hair, their voices were different, and they have different face shapes. And I'm pretty sure Mickey knew his friend wouldn't go that far to study the heart, because in the meeting they had, Ansem was already saying "I'm concerned about the stability of the worlds".

Well as far as I know, the first time Mickey really got to speak to sora and co (which was in Radiant Garden/HB) he already said that who SORA thought was Ansem, wasn't really Ansem, just someone telling everybody he was. He just didn't know who he really was, but finds out in the scene you linked.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Sounds alot like Jedi. At least Lucas mentioned that they USED to be numerous in the past.
I just feel them really, really, really trying to make KH Star Wars...with Disney!

Sora can be Luke. Super important, until it turns out there was not just one, but two more powerful jedi in the same period named Starkiller.

Tetsuya Nomura is a huge Star Wars fan. Remember Nanaki from FF VII? An anagram of Anakin. Remember Biggs and Wedge? They were from Star Wars. Do you know why Mark Hamil and Leonard Nimoy were picked for Birth by Sleep? Because they were in Star Wars and Star Trek respectivley. But I don't know why he's such a big fan, Star Wars was one of the most boring movies I've seen and Star Trek was just someone going crazy every episode with Spock talking about being logical while Kirk was getting it on with aliens. Sorry for the radical change in subject.

Theblindtroll

Wouldn't know that this is a plot-hole or not, but I just want an answer as it's been annoying me to no end.
In Kingdom Hearts, Leon, Aerith and Yuffie clearly describe a Heartless.
'Those without hearts.'
And in II, a Nobody is described as what's left when a heart is consumed by darkness. I.E - Those without hearts.

Are Nobodies Heartless too? Is any part of their description a translation error, or am I just looking to deeply into it?

Or have I found a plothole?

MarkulaMark

Awards
Wouldn't know that this is a plot-hole or not, but I just want an answer as it's been annoying me to no end.
In Kingdom Hearts, Leon, Aerith and Yuffie clearly describe a Heartless.
'Those without hearts.'
And in II, a Nobody is described as what's left when a heart is consumed by darkness. I.E - Those without hearts.

Are Nobodies Heartless too? Is any part of their description a translation error, or am I just looking to deeply into it?

Or have I found a plothole?

Well it's sort of a plothole, since nomura didn't plan on making more KH games, after he made part 1. But still you could say nobodies indeed are without heart, but they aren't even supposed to exist, so they are nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back