• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plotholes Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterXehanort+

I have recently discovered a major plothole within Kingdom Hearts that rips the believability of Kingdom Hearts into shreds...like the ones on Cloud's sword. In Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora kills himself by thrusting the Keyblade of Peoples Hearts into himself. Now, a persons Heartless is as strong as their heart. And Sora appearantly has a really strong heart, much stronger than the average person, right? So why did he turn into the most basic, weakest, and smallest Heartless in the game. To make this plothole even bigger, a cutscene in Traverse Town shows an average man turning into a Heartless that is stronger than Sora's Heartless. So the average person's heart is stronger than Sora's...Okay...

Anyhow, what other plotholes did you find in Kingdom Hearts? And, to make this even more interesting, what easter eggs/alternate cutscenes/stuff did you find?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sora's Heartless took the form of a Shadow because he had an absolutely miniscule amount of darkness in his heart.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sora's Heartless took the form of a Shadow because he had an absolutely miniscule amount of darkness in his heart.

^that.

My least favorite plot hole is the whole thing about how Donald and Goofy seem surprised in KH2 to find out that Yen Sid lives in the tower, when (for no other reason other than to retcon) they appeared at the tower in BBS. They also act surprised to find out about the existence of the keyblade when (also at the tower) they had met keyblade wielders before. This is my least favorite because it's so easily avoidable. Come on Square. They didn't do a single thing at Yen Sids tower in BBS. You could've just cut them out completely and it wouldn't have mattered, and it would've avoided retcons.

Arimith

Okay, not really a plothole but general confusion.
Most Nobodies resemble, VERY closely, their original persona. So then, why does Namine look so vastly different to Kairi? Sora and Roxas make sense due to Ventus, but did they ever explain why them two are different?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While it hasn't been really explained, I would imagine that Ven also influenced Naminé when Sora stabbed himself. She was virtually made from essence of Kairi's Heart (probably Soul too) and essence of Sora's Body. Since Ven's Heart rested in Sora along with Kairi's Heart, I don't find it hard to imagine that sometime during the whole event a piece of Ven's Heart touched the newly formed Naminé.

It would also explain why she was "born" in Castle Oblivion, and why her data form knows of Ven without actually ever meeting him.

Arimith

That also begs the question why Ven's heart wasn't released when Sora stabbed himself...or if it was and in Roxas, wouldn't he have memories of Ventus and not Sora? And wouldn't he go back to his body in CO?

Plot holessss.......

inverse K-blade7

That also begs the question why Ven's heart wasn't released when Sora stabbed himself...or if it was and in Roxas, wouldn't he have memories of Ventus and not Sora? And wouldn't he go back to his body in CO?

Plot holessss.......
From how I understand it, Ventus's heart is actually inside Sora's heart, not just in his body like Kairi's was. So when Sora's heart stayed to form a heartless, Ven's hearts was still right there in it

Awards
and why her data form knows of Ven without actually ever meeting him.

She knows about Ven because Namine found his torment in Sora. However, she did not find any memories within Sora of him actually meeting with Ven, so this is what she meant when she talked about him only meeting two before (Terra and Aqua).

Plot holessss.......

The Dark Keyblade unlocks people's hearts, which doesn't necessarily entail that they're released. For instance, it brought out a great deal of darkness in Maleficent's heart.

The effect it had on Ven's heart can be debated (might have "activated" it, so to speak), but it's by no means a plot hole.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ah, that makes sense with the Namine knowing of Ven.

We'll see how things go. I think 3D will answer a lot of the "plotholes"

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Okay, not really a plothole but general confusion.
Most Nobodies resemble, VERY closely, their original persona. So then, why does Namine look so vastly different to Kairi? Sora and Roxas make sense due to Ventus, but did they ever explain why them two are different?

I thought that Kairi, Namine, and Xion all used the same face model with their hair being the only difference between them. I cannot for the life of me remember where i heard or read that, might have been a Nomura interview or an article about Days before it came out, but I can't remember.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought that Kairi, Namine, and Xion all used the same face model with their hair being the only difference between them. I cannot for the life of me remember where i heard or read that, might have been a Nomura interview or an article about Days before it came out, but I can't remember.

He isn't talking about their face, though. They do use the same model. He meant why Naminé's hair is a different color from Kairi.

Arimith

Sora and Roxas/Ventus use a similar one too. And people say Roxas looked just like Sora. But we can tell that it's just like Ventus. So game sprites really doesn't matter, unless Ventus is Sora's long lost older brother or some shit. Then everything'd be fine.

Ah, that makes sense with the Namine knowing of Ven.

We'll see how things go. I think 3D will answer a lot of the "plotholes"

Of course it will. It will also create a bunch of new questions. Gotta keep the community yabbering somehow xP

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
He isn't talking about their face, though. They do use the same model. He meant why Naminé's hair is a different color from Kairi.

Bonk me. Ok i understand now (needs to pay better attention), but pretty much what Ethnic Women said about Ven being the reason for the differences.

Awards
The one I remember the most was all of the Disney levels in "Chain of Memories". In Traverse town we learn that all of the memory projections recognize and know the names of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, while having no memory of their previous encounters. However, every other disney character has completly forgoten about Sora, not even knowing his name. Then in the Monstro level, Pinocchio and Gepetto recognize Jimminy even though they should have forgoten every thing but his name.

inverse K-blade7

The one I remember the most was all of the Disney levels in "Chain of Memories". In Traverse town we learn that all of the memory projections recognize and know the names of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, while having no memory of their previous encounters. However, every other disney character has completly forgoten about Sora, not even knowing his name. Then in the Monstro level, Pinocchio and Gepetto recognize Jimminy even though they should have forgoten every thing but his name.
Namine was actively influencing Sora's memories, she chose what they remembered and what they didn't.

Roxanne

I don't know if this is a "plot-hole" or me over-thinking things but playing through BBS I remember it bothered me when I saw that Terra visits Riku and they have this little interaction that is never referenced or mentioned in any other Kh game (to my knowledge of course). I understand that KH came before it and they couldn't have made a reference that hadn't been forged yet but I guess it still irked me a bit.

Kind of stupid but yeah.

billyzanesucks

I don't know if this is a "plot-hole" or me over-thinking things but playing through BBS I remember it bothered me when I saw that Terra visits Riku and they have this little interaction that is never referenced or mentioned in any other Kh game (to my knowledge of course). I understand that KH came before it and they couldn't have made a reference that hadn't been forged yet but I guess it still irked me a bit.

Kind of stupid but yeah.
Terra tells him not to mention it to anyone.

K3ybladespartan

Why did Mikey tell Donald and Goofy to look for the "key" and ask leon for help if he knew Sora had it all along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back