• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Plot mistakes in Corona and Arendelle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

okhi12

Awards
After replaying Corona and Arendelle, I had some issues with both worlds due to obvious inconsistencies that I somehow didn't notice before. This post contains spoilers about Corona's plot.

We all know that during the lanterns scene, Rapunzel tries to give Flynn's satchel back to him. Moments later Flynn looks at something in the distance, and then he leaves with the tiara on the boat while Rapunzel is abandoned on the shore. Then she is met by Marluxia but is ''saved'' by Gothel. But Rapunzel left the satchel hidden inside the tower an Gothel found it. How did Rapunzel have it during the lanterns cutscene without having met Gothel or Marluxia yet? In the movie she actually meets Gothel after Rapunzel heals Flynn. Gothel is lurking in the woods and after Flynn momentarily leaves Rapunzel alone Gothel gives Rapunzel the satchel so she can test Flynn's motivations. This happens during the Mother knows best song. Are we left to assume that these events happened -offscreen- in the game? Near the end of that world Eugene mentions that her hair has healing powers, and Rapunzel knows Eugene is Flynn's real name. I guess this is a hint that the events from the movie happened, because they wouldn't know otherwise. But the game does not explain it at all and anyone who hasn't seen the movie would not understand anything. I know, the movie expains it, but the game does a bad job.

Besides, in the movie the thing that Flynn sees in the distance while on the boat are the Stabbington brothers which don't exist in the game because Marluxia replaces them. The whole point of returning the satchel to the brothers so they leave Flynn and Rapunzel alone is invalidated in the game. What reason does Flynn have in the game to leave Rapunzel alone on the shore after she returns him the satchel? There is no reason at all, and the movie cannot explain this, so the game should have provided some explanation for this.

My other complain is about Arendelle. At the end of that world Elsa nullifies the winter she accidentally cast and summer returns. Five minutes later I return to the world to look for the remaining treasures and lucky emblems, and the winter never left. The mountain is covered in snow, the ice castle is there. You cannot see summer anywhere. I understand, the developers would not be able to change all the field models if that world, nor they have to. Ice and snow is what Frozen should be. But it doesn't make sense that Elsa melts the ice if you return and it is winter again. It would have been better if the world's plot ended before Elsa melts the ice, and that scene should happen in the game's credits. After all, in previous KH games the happy ending scene of Disney worlds was part of the credits. What do you think about all of this?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
True, about Arendelle. I always disliked how Pride Lands stayed a barren wasteland even after Simba has taken over the place, too.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
True, about Arendelle. I always disliked how Pride Lands stayed a barren wasteland even after Simba has taken over the place, too.

But with the pride lands it at least made sense seeing it would take time for the land to recover. You don't have that excuse with Arendelle. We saw the snow and ice melt, so our next visits should be at least a bit greener until we reach the top of the mountain.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Especially since in KH III you come back to Olympus and it IS different, because Hades is no more.

KH II always had that problem: the Coliseum is forever broken, Pride Lands are forever barren, and Hollow Bastion never turns into Radiant Garden (even if Tron claims he's doing that right at that moment) and they don't even fix the big wall.
While I can excuse these for the ps2 game (I certainly will excuse Hollow Bastion for not changing completely), KH III could've taken the extra effort.

Corona's continuity errors became known pretty soon, they didn't have a clear idea of how to alter the movie story for the game.
Caribbean suffers from the same problem, like... it's there even a plot there? Apparently yes, but 90% of it is given through exposition and happens miles away from whenever Sora is.

allenleonardo

Awards
Never watched both of the movies yet I simply always just assumed that stuff happened when Rapunzel was away for a bit. (Seeing how she also suddenly likes Flynn) Of course it would be nice to have a whole movie in there but I think they do that so that people still kinda have to watch the whole movie next to the game and maybe also to give the view that Sora himself never sees everything in a world. (In that regards pirates was worse because most of the plot happened without us)

I saw the still going on winter as just to not have to create a whole new map without snow but also because they still have winter in the land but not the harsh one that Elsa created. (I mean they do export ice somehow, so there should be snow even without her) We are also up in the mountains where snow can stay for a long time.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
But with the pride lands it at least made sense seeing it would take time for the land to recover. You don't have that excuse with Arendelle. We saw the snow and ice melt, so our next visits should be at least a bit greener until we reach the top of the mountain.
That's probably why we never actually cross the lake to visit Arendelle's castle. The area SDG are on at the start of the world is already covered in snow before Elsa runs away, now that I think of it actually.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
One of the things that makes me saddest about KH3 is the fact that the Disney worlds had some story inconsistencies. The satchel thing in Corona bothers me SO MUCH whenever I reply KH3. I can live with main story inconsistencies/mysteries/lack of explanations, but the Disney worlds shouldn't suffer from them at all.

disney233

Awards
Ya'll remember Ursula in KH2? And y'know, we NEVER had any indication on how she even came back? Like...how vague is "Got back from the power of darkness" If Ursula was from the dark realm how did SHE get back to the realm of light?

Y-yeah it's sorta like this.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Ya'll remember Ursula in KH2? And y'know, we NEVER had any indication on how she even came back? Like...how vague is "Got back from the power of darkness" If Ursula was from the dark realm how did SHE get back to the realm of light?

Y-yeah it's sorta like this.
I don't think we killed Ursula in KH1. I think the Disney villains in KH1 to die are: Clayton and Oogie Boogie. Jafar turns into a genie, Ursula was severely injured, and Captain Hook ran away.

We definitely killed Ursula in KH2, so I'm not sure how she appeared on Destiny Islands in KH3D. I always assumed that Ursula escaped death by moving into the Realm of Sleep and hence an enemy in KH3D.

Soldier

Awards
I don't think we killed Ursula in KH1. I think the Disney villains in KH1 to die are: Clayton and Oogie Boogie. Jafar turns into a genie, Ursula was severely injured, and Captain Hook ran away.

We definitely killed Ursula in KH2, so I'm not sure how she appeared on Destiny Islands in KH3D. I always assumed that Ursula escaped death by moving into the Realm of Sleep and hence an enemy in KH3D.
The Ursula fought on Destiny Islands was an illusion the whole time constructed by Xehanort. You can see it at the end of the fight. As opposed to being overcome with darkness, she vanishes like a phantom.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The Ursula fought on Destiny Islands was an illusion the whole time constructed by Xehanort. You can see it at the end of the fight. As opposed to being overcome with darkness, she vanishes like a phantom.
A bit more than just an illusion. She's desrcibed as a Phantom, but her diologue highly suggest it's a version of her already deeply familiar with Sora at the very least (probably Riku as well, based on her wording, from the time she worked with him alongside from Maleficent). I'm guessing because the center of the DDD is around time traveling to back to the point of early KH1, and then entering the sleeping worlds from there (hence places like pranksters paradise being a world, according to Sora), it's possible Ursala did exactly what Sora and Riku did. Have her mind (from some point just before her death in KH2) travel back in time to the point of early KH1, and went through what appeared to be a large dark corridor (likely mixed with her own magic) to intercept them at Destiny Islands. She knows to travel to that specific world and time because, as she says, Xehanort told her where to find them. After fighting them, she likely returns back whence she came. Her body back to Atlantica, which isn't a sleeping world at that point in time, so her past Kh1 would essentially just be "waking up", and her heart would head back to the future. Do I have this right? I've been thinking about the specifics behind her appearance ever since 3D came out, and there's a surprising amount you can gleam from the situation when you break it down.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Am I the only one who felt Kingdom of Corona was in my unpopular opinion more frustrating than Arendelle? While I agree with everyone that the Tangled world had a better environment and story than Arendelle as Sora and the gang had more interactions with the cast (minus Pascal) than the Frozen characters it doesn’t mean that the worlds story is “Better” as some parts of the world felt “forced” (even more FORCED than Arendelle and The Caribbean) and wishy-washy compared to the original movie such as How Eugene/Flynn got knocked unconscious, Him escaping from the Guards with Maximus help (minus the Pub Thugs) and Revealing his real name at the end of the world to SDG.

I also don’t think that Rapunzel and Flynn ever went to the Snuggly Duckling and the Dam off-screen while Sora and the gang were looking for them. I think they were written out entirely as Rapunzel's journey from her tower to the Kingdom actually lasted for a day and went a different route in the forest compared to the movie. Which makes sense cause compared to the original movie where it was the Guards and Maximus going after Flynn, it was ONLY Maximus that goes after Flynn Rider

Secondly, Sora just wouldn’t shut up when he tried to call out Rapunzel and attracted attention of the antagonists even if he showed concerned for Rapunzel's well being. The First time attracted Gothel’s attention, the second time attracted Marluxia’s attention. Just watching him calling Rapunzel (the second time before Marluxia appeared) almost made me want to shut him up about to interfere the events of the movie and especially the “world order!”

Even. Donald and Goofy did absolutely NOTHING and stood idle while Sora remained unconscious until Maximus woke him up the next day thanks to Marluxia. Shame on them.

On top of that, they drastically changed Flynn/Eugene’s character in the game compared to his role in the original movie. Basically as the Stabbington Brothers were written out of the game and replaced with Marluxia (believe me EVERYONE but their Grandmothers saw this a mile away when the film was announced as a world and knew he was going to replace the brothers) he is the ONLY thief that steals the crown and his reasonings on why he wanted to return the crown and Satchel in KH3 felt not only lacking and “forced” but it had little to no purpose compared to why he wanted to return it in the original movie.

Another issue is that not only do Sora and the gang never question Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, but they also didn’t know about Mother Gothel true colors and remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her until Marluxia reveals her real colors to them through context. Wanna hear the worse part, they, especially Goofy (who is supposed to be the intelligent one of the trio) didn’t grow suspicious with Mother Gothel especially when she coldly dismissed them and said they were “useless and of no help”. I mean If I was present with them and after our first encounter with Gothel once she dismiss us and leaves, I too would be the first to question and feel suspicious about Gothel especially when she coldly dismiss us as “useless” and wether if she really is Rapunzel’s “real mother” (which she isn’t). Even they remain blissfully unaware that Flynn/Eugene got knocked out and when they (particularly Donald and Goofy) see him again they don't question what happened to him theg just say, "Flynn Sora's unconscious" and "Oh no Rapunzel is held Captive".

Lastly, when compared to Toy Box, Monstropolis, San Fransokyo, Olympus and The Caribbean, especially the former 4 they were not always together with Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene as they tend to separate then reunite with them for the majority of the world which just became "tedious".

So I’m more disappointed with the Kingdom of Corona than Arendelle IMAO.

The satchel thing in Corona bothers me SO MUCH whenever I reply KH3. I can live with main story inconsistencies/mysteries/lack of explanations, but the Disney worlds shouldn't suffer from them at all.
I Think Gothel gave the Satchel to Rapunzel after her encounter with Sora, Donald and Goofy, in fact it was actually stated through the Journal entry.

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
If we're talking forced, has anyone else wondered what the hell Marluxia was trying to do at the end of the Corona's story? To recap: Upon realizing that Gothel became unhinged and was an actual, legitimate danger to Rapunzel, he stated that he no longer wanted her tampering with the PoH, and proceeds to turn Gothel into a heartless so SDG can destroy her for him. But here's the thing... Gothel was already dead (literal dust) by the time he turned her into a heartless, and even if she wasn't, she most certainly would've been in less than two more seconds. So why turn her into a heartless then? Can you even say that was truly Gothel in any way that matters if again, she was already dead? Wouldn't she technically be MORE of a potential danger to Rapunzel if she was a giant, hulking tree monster? It just seemed like a forced way to attach a boss to the end of the world and have it be a Disney Villain in some way (and I honestly think a boss fight with a darkness empowered Gothel inside the Tower would've been a far more creative and interesting route to take), but in reality, it's just another giant heartless that's REALLY annoying.

This genuinely bothered me when I first saw this worlds conclusion.

disney233

Awards
Again really no surprise. After 1, the worlds that followed their movie plots were all either just inconsistent jarble or SDG & TVA having them absolutely stand there and do nothing. Poorly retelling movie plots with self-incert ocs that contribute to nothing. ALMOST. EVERY. DISNEY WORLD.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
*twitches and then holds her hand out in a "THIS RIGHT HERE" kind of fashion* I know how the game ends but it's because of reasons like this that I haven't finished it yet. I watched my older sister play it, thus how I know. I know they couldn't cover everything without bogging the game done, but key scenes like how Rapunzel got the satchel should have been included. The hair would have been nice, the scene with Flynn's name could have been left out. It was because of plot holes like in Corona that has me feeling as if the story is unfinished/clunky. For me at least it wasn't worth the long wait (also personally would have liked more scenes with Riku and Kairi because of the way it was being originally billed).

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Again really no surprise. After 1, the worlds that followed their movie plots were all either just inconsistent jarble or SDG & TVA having them absolutely stand there and do nothing. Poorly retelling movie plots with self-incert ocs that contribute to nothing. ALMOST. EVERY. DISNEY WORLD.
Space Paranoids and Beast's Castle from KH2 would like to say Hi especially the former. Sane can be said on Halloween Town as both stories in KH and KH2 were original stories taking place before and after the events of the movie

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
Space Paranoids and Beast's Castle from KH2 would like to say Hi especially the former. Sane can be said on Halloween Town as both stories in KH and KH2 were original stories taking place before and after the events of the movie
When I say almost every Disney world, I MEAN ALMOST every Disney world. I knew that people would make claims regarding those two worlds, so I don't include them to the ladder. Both Beast Castle & Space Paranoids did a marvelous job adding onto the grand scheme of things, while still integrating their movie's plot. Now, Halloween Town....I have no idea what to think about it. I always thought that there wasn't much to do with...anything in both times.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
When I say almost every Disney world, I MEAN ALMOST every Disney world. I knew that people would make claims regarding those two worlds, so I don't include them to the ladder. Both Beast Castle & Space Paranoids did a marvelous job adding onto the grand scheme of things, while still integrating their movie's plot. Now, Halloween Town....I have no idea what to think about it. I always thought that there wasn't much to do with...anything in both times.
But what you said made me think of ALL Disney worlds after KH1.

Back