• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Please help me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadukai X

Banned
All throughout my life I've struggled with my weight, I've tried to lose it times before, but this time I need help. Right now I'm about 40 pounds overweight. First of all, I need any useful tips and some motovation. can someone help? I'll try to post a journal about every two days. Can someone please help me?

iheartriku

Website
www.xanga.com
I had the same problem too! I'm not going to lie it seriously is hard too lose weight and keep it off. It took me a long time to understand that if you want to lose weight and keep it off, it takes time. I wasn't ever patient. My doctor told me that you can really expect to lose 10 pounds in one week. Its possible but, bad for the body. I guesss the point that im getting at, is diet and exersise is equal to any diet pill or Miracle diet out there. For I went on a 3 meals a day diet, no junk food(ex: chips, ice cream, sodas, coookies, and so on), and daily exercise. It was hard but soon I loss my craving for junk foods. Then i just exercise daily. Each day targeting different parts of the body and tone up the muscles. I lost 20 pounds and kept it off. I'm now at an OKAY weight. But i need some toning here and there, other than that im good. ANYONE can do it. the key thing is TO BE HAPPY! Have a good self-esteem, too have good self motivation.
^^ boogers looks like i told a whole life story. I hoped it helped. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need a friend.

Phenomenon X

Wow. Well, postin' that here was pretty ballsy, so I'll try give ya a hand.

Welp, I play rugby pretty seriously, so I gotta keep fit.

I used to eat way too much though. So basically, whenever I wanna eat something, but I'm not REALLY hungry, I just get some chewing gum.

Seriously, it worked great.
'Course, at one point I had about a hundred packs of chewing gum in my room, and was goin through several packs a day, but that passed.

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution to anythin' but give it a go.

Good luck to ya.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
If you want to burn weight, eat smaller amounts of food more often (Smaller meals and tiny snacks, but eat more often than you usually do. Unless you eat all the time, so then you'll want to eat less.) and eat organics, they have a lot of crap in non-organic foods. Excersize often, at daily or every other day is good, and eating more veggies than meat and junk food is good for you too.

Shadukai X

Banned
Well, I do workout, surprisingly, I'm a standard DDR dancer, my legs are fine, I just have a problem on my abdominal area and waist, I'll try to post a journal every friday. Thanks you all so much for your help

Tender Heart

Website
profile.myspace.com
Here's something I came up with.
"It's not the body that gets tired, it's the mind."

Try and cut down on the amount of food you eat, make it gradual, a higher percentage of succeeding than cold turkey-ish strategy.

Remember, don't eat too much at night, and/or latenight snacks, as the body burn less calories in that time of day.

Walk/bike instead of public transportations.

Make sure you sleep for at least 8 hours per day.

Drink up to 8 cups of water.-When you do, you'll find that you tend to defitate at least once on a daily basis. That's healthy.

If you don't feel like running ks, try liftting dumbells, not too heavy ones, however. If you can't loose the weight, why not burn the fat, and turn it into muscle? Do all sorts of excercises with them, like lifting your legs and the bells with a certain rhythm. Do it till you sweat and truely cannot do anymore. Don't hurt yourself, though, go slowly.-Here's a hint, turn on your favorite music, or a music television channel, and boogie to the songs! This actually gives you the extra push.

If you have any problems, PM me, and I can also give you more tips.

Last edited:

iheartriku

Website
www.xanga.com
Phenomenon X said:
Wow. Well, postin' that here was pretty ballsy, so I'll try give ya a hand.

Welp, I play rugby pretty seriously, so I gotta keep fit.

I used to eat way too much though. So basically, whenever I wanna eat something, but I'm not REALLY hungry, I just get some chewing gum.

Seriously, it worked great.
'Course, at one point I had about a hundred packs of chewing gum in my room, and was goin through several packs a day, but that passed.

I'm not saying it's the perfect solution to anythin' but give it a go.

Good luck to ya.

what the heck does "ballsy"mean????...but i have a feeling thats not a good thing....but yeah you're right the chewing gum thing does work!

Phenomenon X

iheartriku said:
what the heck does "ballsy"mean????QUOTE]

It is a good thing.
It means that you do something that takes alotta balls.
Courage if you wanna get proper.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=640980
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=969511
Basal Metabolic Rate is largely genetic, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. If you have a slow metabolism, you're always going to have to work harder at weight control than someone who was born with a naturally fast metabolism. However, there are some ways to boost the metabolism that you have:

Lift weights: Muscle burns more calories even when idle, then does fat. A pound of muscle needs about 36 calories per day to function while a pound of fat only needs about five. Doing the math, replacing five pounds of fat with five pounds of muscle leads to an extra caloric burn of about 150 calories per day. Not too shabby, and not hard to attain either.
Drink your coffee: caffeine has a stimulant effect on the body, raising heart rate, and thus basal metabolic rate. However, it also has a dehydrating effect, so don't go crazy. Or better yet...
Drink your green tea: A Swiss study showed that participants who drank three cups of green tea throughout the day burned 80 more calories per day than those who didn't. Nobody knows for sure why green tea boosts metabolism, but it does work, and if you don't like green tea, health food stores sell green tea supplements.
Eat spicy foods. Digesting foods with peppers provides a small metabolic boost.
Just eat! Eating small meals throughout the day keeps your metabolism running at optimum speed. Starving yourself lowers your metabolism dramatically.
Drink lots of water. If you're dehydrated, your body runs less efficiently, in some cases reducing your metabolism by about 15%.

this should be mildly helpful

Shadukai X

Banned
^ How about you learn to STFU you arrogant prick. You no right to come in here and talk like that.

HUGE UPDATE

I've been playing Dance Dance Revolution for about 2 years now. And since I made this thread, I've been playing it everyday, and eating smaller portions. I have lost 42 pounds already!

Shadukai X

Banned
Not really this has been over the course of 6 months, I think

I was also begining to think I was malnutrtioned, but thats not the case.

IDK, I just lose weight when I play DDR, I burn about 1000 calories a night playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back