• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pleasant Surprises

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Fans (including me) have voiced their disappointments with KH3 but what about the game's pleasant surprises that caught people off guard while they were playing?

- I loved the guardians scene in mysterious tower where all the characters acknowledge their previous connection
* Ven and Lea *I always assumed Mickey knew that was Kairi from BBS, I guess not
- playable Aqua vs Vanitas (the soundtrack was awesome too)
- ship battles in the Caribbean
- Woody vs YX
- Mike and Sulley vs Vanitas
- Pre rendered scenes throughout the game
- Battling Ansem, Xemnas and YX at once (spectacular soundtrack)

Unfortunately my disappointment list was longer.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yen Sid finally leaving his tower and doing something. It was so unexpected which made it all the more impactful. I don't even care if it technically was a deus ex machina.

2 quid is good

Awards
Magnet burst being a finisher. Actually second form in general really had me hype.

But the one part that really got me was Land of Departure and everything about it

The Kid

Awards
-Taking photos and selfies with the gummiphone ended up being a lot more fun than I expected
-Most of the keyblade transformations were fun to use and switching them up mid combat usually made the fights less monotonus than KH games have often been in the past
-The breadth of the worlds. Really loved how they felt actually lived in this time. No NPCs in previous games always made the games a little unbelievable
-Shotlocks weren't as OP as they were in BBS but still useful
-Similar situation with flowmotion in this vs DDD
-Magic was a lot more fun to use. KH2 made Reflect way too OP to the point where you could spam that to victory in many fights

There's a lot more but those were the things that I noticed when I played through it

Shawty

Awards
- Fighting Dark Aqua gave me chills. Oh man, that was fun.
- Playing AS Aqua against Vanitas, he definitely wasn't as difficult as in BBS, but still, a lot of fun to fight him again. I was kind of hoping for a Sora vs Vanitas fight when you first encounter him in Monstropolis, but this made it even better
- Fighting multiple bosses at once during the final chapter
- The visuals of the worlds and how alive they feel

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm guessing this is a thread that serves as a counterpart to the disappointed thread, so I'll just list positive surprised and things that made me happy to see.

- The Dynamics between SDG
- Donald acting more like his KH1 self and getting upset like he's know for
- How beautiful everything looked, like I knew it was going to be pretty, but wow some of these places were really nice
- Gummiphone, this should open up communication between the characters in future games
- Having two world exclusive party members
- Carona, loved the forest landscape and what we got to see of the city.
- The keyblade transformations (I thought they'd be gimicky and disruptive, but I ended up loving them)
- The transformation of Castle Oblivion to Land of Departure
- Getting to play on the Land of departure
- Repliku's return
- Being able to play as Riku and Aqua
- The interaction between characters at Yen Sid, after Ven got reawaken
- the Character scenes after Yen Sid's Tower
- fighting along side Kairi (I wanted this since KH1 so finally getting it left me with a wide grin.)
- fighting a long the other Guadians of Light
- RAX's reunion
- Terra being the Guardian Heartless
- almost everyone getting to end the Saga on a happier note

Neo_

Awards
- How beautiful everything looked, like I knew it was going to be pretty, but wow some of these places were really nice
I finally beat the game yesterday and am revisiting everything starting with Olympus, and I think Cliff Ascent is probably the most gorgeous area in the game... there's a reason it was pretty much the only area we saw gameplay of for years.

dianted

Awards
The biggest and probably least relevant is the different dialogue and changes to scenery after you return to a world.

The Roxas/Ven joke, playing as Aqua (my favorite character being in the tech demo and playable in the 3rd numbered title? yes thank you), the ending entirely was all very great, not minding Xion returning (as I thought I would hate it), etc.

Donald and Goofy having more personality, them both being present during the final boss, Marshmallow being a full-fledged party member (as the way Nomura worded it, it seemed like he'd be an "assist"-type character), etc. are some of the other things I appreciated.

snow_flake40

Awards
Plus everything listed here, I really loved the instagram loading screens. I wish they utilised it a bit more actually, it was a really cute way to let the characters have moments of reflection throughout the story. Riku having a post about darkness and apprehension towards what's coming next and ending it with ':/' was everything.

I also really loved coming back to worlds and having unprompted conversations with the party members while you're just exploring. I love the couple of conversations with Jack that come up randomly when you're sailing and you just have a chat about Will and Elizabeth, or where Jack went off to in the middle of the plot, etc. It was such a nice touch and made the world way more satisfying to me, I really hope they carry that through throughout the series now.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Xehanort's admitting when they have been defeated. It's even more fitting that Young Xehanort is the most confrontational and stubborn member despite most people assumed that he would rebel against his older variant.

Enturax

Awards
Xehanort's veiny head and Vanitas' body texture.
They're just satisfying to look at.

Back