• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Playing through KH 2 after beating days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

asheron

I rebought my copy of KH 2 today after someone stole mine >.> played through till about Yen Sid's tower before I needed to sleep for work tonight. I had thoughts though:

I will say that the game's once long drawn out intro although vital in its own way was quite different and enjoyable. From Axel's use of the word, "Icky" when coming to Roxas, to just feeling bad for Roxas knowing a whole year of growing up.. and everything was lost. Xion's story aside which in it's own way was a fun sidestory and opened up a few new plot twists Ie: "who xigbar saw when he looked at her". Really, the this once thought long drawn out intro was the conclusion to Days. As obvious as my statement is to some of you people who live and breath the series and craft theories it didn't really hit me...until I played through it today. Seeing, "The First Day" "The Second Day" etc etc. opened my eyes to the true value of something I once wished to rush.

Anyway what are your thoughts.

asheron

there were things I liked about it. Ultimately I just wanted to see what happens to sora... I mean up until before days the only things we knew between Kh 1/KH2 was... he was put to sleep for a whole year after deciding to look for his best friend from CoM. So for me its like zomg I want to go find riku kk?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The thing is, it's not like that value was planned. It's just that they were smart enough, when writing Days, to tie it up so it'd seem like it XD
I agree. Part of why I want a replay of the series is so I can enjoy everything Days implies now. However, I give them credit where it's due - and it's retconning the parts in KH2 to fit with Days, and not show some ridiculous insight into the future about this.

Keyblade7672

Days truly was an amazing game, so to continue the story, I thought I would play through KH II again. I haven't played it in about a year, so I had forgotten a lot of the story. But now it's all coming back. And I agree about always wanting to rush through the first days of KH II, but I actually enjoyed them this time.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
i completely agree
when i first got kh2 i was all like, "WHERE THE FUCK IS SORA?!"
then as i progressed i was like
WTF, "we dont play as roxas anymore?!"

Cloaked_schemer

yeah, when i first played KH2, i never really thought those first days were so important and emotional, but after Days, the emotional effects really hit you hard. man, does SE make it up as they go or have they planed the story all the way to KH3, we may never know.
p.s. sora slept ALMOST an entier year. it wasn't till day 15 or 20 something that he finally went to sleep.

Riku191

i completely agree
when i first got kh2 i was all like, "WHERE THE FUCK IS SORA?!"
then as i progressed i was like
WTF, "we dont play as roxas anymore?!"

same here man rofl roxas was fun in KH2 p_p ....but when i gto sora i was fuck man we need new clothes lol

but it was really messed up after playing days and jumping into day 1 in twilight town cuase roxas has forgotten bout xion about sora ..everything so its kinda like k now wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob-sama

i really enjoyed the game the first (and the many times i played it) time through. but there were a few elements that were confusing. now, going back, there are so many things i understand so much more, especially when i played as Roxas, and was a little annoyed at the repetitive tasks. but now, it seems so much more precious.

SPOILER: (sorry, i don't know how to make this part sorta hidden, so just highlight it to see) although i used to think Roxas and Hayner and them were a really cute story, about how their summer ended. and Roxas was forgotten. but now, i'm sorta pissed at Roxas. he showed his sacred ice-cream spot to other people. and he forgot all about Axel AnD Xion. :angry: at the end, he betrayed Axel for Hayner, then even hayner forgot him, while Axel was fighting off everyone to save him. i was sympathetic the first time through, but now, i don't like namine as much, and i don't like Roxas as much either.(end spoiler)

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
You can't blame him for that, it's all DiZ's and Riku's and Namine's fault that he forgot them and the significance of his friendship with Axel. It's all Namine's fault, really.

And the DiZ and Axel confrontation really confused him, because to him he knew none of them, and by the time he remembered Axel, Axel was already pissed off with him, so yeah, go figure.

WwhiptailwW

I like the fact that Roxas ironically prophesises his own 'end' half way through Days:
[SPOILER]He says something like 'I could do with a week's summer vacation, and that's it'[/spoiler]

I don't understand though how Roxas lost his memories upon entering the Fake Twilight Town. Can we assume that Namine manipulated them?
And just before his Axel battle, did he regain all his memories from his time in the Organisation, or were they just new memories of his brief meeting with Axel?

On the subject of what this thread is about, I'm considering just playing through Roxas' 7 days to tie up the ending Days leaves you on.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Namine screwed them up, probably. They can't have Roxas remembering he was taken by force, right?

He pretty much regained all his memories by the end, but since they hadn't made Days yet so they just made some touchy-feely scene with Axel telling Roxas that he'll miss him, awww... And thus forces them to make Xion as a part yaoi-shield in Days.

WwhiptailwW

Yeah I thought so :)
Everytime I watch that 'I'll miss you' scene now, I'll be thinking: Aha! Little does Axel know, Roxas has just defeated Saix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back