• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Playing PS1 games on PS2 problem...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I recently purchased Final Fantasy IX 'cause a friend o mine said it was really good. I tried playing it tonight to try it out a bit but when i put it in the disc tray of my PS2 it made god-awful scratching noises. It kept saying couldn't read disc. I tried wiping back of disc with a silk cloth and checking for scratches (there were none) and it still wouldn't load. I then tried cleaning out all of the dust from my PS2's loading dock. And again...failure!?!?!
I then tried another PS1 game (Crash Bandicoot) and for some damn reason that game worked....whats wrong here?!? Walmart screw me over or something?

Can anyone help me with this problem? I would really like to enjoy Final Fantasy IX right about now >.<

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Hmm.. . . sence when did walmart sell ps1 games. . .

Maybe the disc is messed up, it is kinda old. . .that's my guess. . .if other games work on your ps2, maybe you should try to find a ps1 cheap somewhere, and play it on that. . .

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
That would explain how you obtained it, my suggestion would be to hunt around at your local ebgames or whatever store is nearest to you, or go to ebay. . .

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Call Sony's Tech Support line. I remember when my friends' AR Max didn't work on my PS2, so I called them and they asked a bunch of questions and got it working. Though, the guy I was talking to said I shouldn't be using an AR Max. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I'm sure it's worth a shot. That's what they're there for right?

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I recently purchased Final Fantasy IX 'cause a friend o mine said it was really good. I tried playing it tonight to try it out a bit but when i put it in the disc tray of my PS2 it made god-awful scratching noises. It kept saying couldn't read disc. I tried wiping back of disc with a silk cloth and checking for scratches (there were none) and it still wouldn't load. I then tried cleaning out all of the dust from my PS2's loading dock. And again...failure!?!?!
I then tried another PS1 game (Crash Bandicoot) and for some damn reason that game worked....whats wrong here?!? Walmart screw me over or something?

Can anyone help me with this problem? I would really like to enjoy Final Fantasy IX right about now >.<

Make sure you dust out your PS2 once in a while, as with all electronics. A can of compressed air will do you good. I've played FFIX on my PS2 without a single error.

Awards
Thanks guys for all the help. But i found that it was an error in the disc...I went over to my cousings house and put it in her PS1...didnt work lmao. Just goin to return it and get a new FF IX ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back