• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Play Station 3???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissa_SDI

Hi, everyone!
Someone told me that Kingdom Hearts 2 is going to be for the new PS3. That´s because he was thinking about the comments of the timeframe of release for the game and for the new PS. What do you now about this? Is that true or possible?

MP3Gamefreak

I don't really know but it might be a rumor. Sometimes I don't really believe what others say though. Aight I'm out.

HikariNoTenshi216

Website
www.shimakaze-no-tori.angelcities.com
I doubt it. As of the 2004 Tokyo Game Show, a good five months ago, it was speculated that Kingdom Hearts 2 was around 75% complete. For Square to go back and start from the scratch just so it would be available on the PS3, it's just not logical. Besides, the PS3 isn't even close to being released. I mean, we have to wait another month and a half just to see what it's going to look like...

Ansem22

It has been CONFIRMED to be for the PS2. They won't change that.

People rumored that KH: COM would be changed from GBA to the PSP and we know that wasn't true.

Ultima Monkey

Website
www.myspace.com
Yup...like everybody else I think KH2 will come out for PS2 as well. It'll take a long time for PS3 to be ready to hit stores and KH2 is coming out pretty soon (Fall 2005! woo!) They should stick to PS2 anyway.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think so because PS3 might not even come out this year let alone before or simontaneously with KH2. Besides, the game has been confirmed to be a PS2 exclusive.

KeybladeShadow88

playstation is going to put a really fancy chip in the new playstation ( and the other systems are thinking about doing that too ) and it is faster than even the fastest super computers, and they are just basicly EXTREAMLY powerful, and if they do that it won't come out till MID 2006, and KH2 is comeing out EARLY 2006, or late 2005

Xyza

I tought it was comfirmed by Nomura himself that it would come out on PS2

T

Tidus22340

HikariNoTenshi216 said:
I doubt it. As of the 2004 Tokyo Game Show, a good five months ago, it was speculated that Kingdom Hearts 2 was around 75% complete. For Square to go back and start from the scratch just so it would be available on the PS3, it's just not logical. Besides, the PS3 isn't even close to being released. I mean, we have to wait another month and a half just to see what it's going to look like...

Actually....PS3 is supposedly (once again, according to PSM) going to be revealed at this year's E3 (E3=NEW KH2 INFO! WOOTAGE! AGAIN!) so....I don't know what you want to say to that. BTW: NO, KH2 will NOT be on PS3, it's been confirmed to be for the PS2. Although a PS3 version would be cool...

DualWielder591

from what ive heard the ps3 is supposed to be 1000x the ps2, it sounds a little ludacris i know, but after seeing the psp lets just say im starting to believe.
They said that theyre still making the speacial compter chip that will go in it.Plus they said that they expect it to have two versions of it:a version for pure gaming, and a version for other suff.See sony's customers can only play one system for so long until they want another, so what i think is that sony put together a new cpu chip based upon the ps3 chip and put together the psp not just to make money but to stall for the ps3,so that would give them at least a year until people started wanting the ps3,they would be too occupied playing their psp's.but
as far as performance sony said that if the competitors dont make any major improvments, the ps3 will blow their competitors away.but i think that sony is stalling the ps3, they want to make sure theyre ready for they xbox2 which i have not herd much about.

Twilight Town

They won't bring it out on the PS3. The PS3 is not supposed to come out until at the earliest mid-2006. KH2 will come out as soon as possible, and besides everyone knows that Sony always makes their systems backwards compatible. Therefore, even if KH2 were to come out after Ps3, people could just play it on the PS3, so it wouldn't matter.

Light Conquers All

KHII is obviously being devoloped for the current PS2. PS3 doesn't come out until late 2006. Way after KHII will be out. There is that problem with not selling PS2's anymore...I guess it's a possibility that they could stop making games period for PS2 and are forced to delay until PS3 (most likely without vibration controllers). But that iS HIGHLY unlikely.

BTW, I think PS3 KH would not be a very good move. PS2 can fit the graphical style perfectly. If they made it all detailed and crap, it would lose the perfect feel they have achieved. I guess if they kept the graphics at the same level, but added a much higher poly-count and no low-poly models for gameplay, it would be a nice improvement. But not a good enough jump to go ahead an entire console for. I say stick to PS2 for this one (which it is, 100% sure, but just sayin').

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back