• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Play KH:CoM before playing KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

solitarygraywolf

Just wondering, would you HAVE to play KH:CoM before playing KH2 to understand the storyline? Because I haven't. :)

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
Yeah..I haven't played COM either!...so do you have to play it to understand!?

D

Dexter

Hell NO!!! In the begining of kh2 they have a CG intro movie of a recap of COM.....Its a preaty cool vid! But no dont worry you dont have to play COM! But you can play it just to kill time before kh2 is realsed!................

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Well it would definetly help to explain some of the stuff in the new game, some stuff which is too much of a spoiler to say...its not necessary but highly reccommended.

unknow_92

yeah it does help but i played for like 15 mins and i understand whats going on, maybe it cuz i been on the forums for a while :p

KingMickey06

just go on wikipedia to search the storyline or search forums...but its really not essential...you'll prob still enjoy kh2

RikusDarkHalf

There is a Riku mode after soras and it is very cool
You get to differnent stuff and a very differnt story line
More on Vexan, are in his mode and not soras: Zexion and Lexaeus
Also dark mode cool as hell

bright_shadow

Website
www.myspace.com
dual_keyblader25 said:
but playing COM really helps to explain more of the story. And besides, CoM is a pretty good game, besides the really repetitive gameplay.
he's right. the storyline is good and the gameplay is good. The battlesystem is pretty repetitive. but there's alot of different ways to fight if u look into it. The card system is really cool and the game does clear alot of stuff up in the kh/kh2 story. sort of

Morridor

Honestly, I would have never bought it if I couldn't play as Riku. The game is just one giant recap of KH1 with a little info about the guys in the hoods. And then there's Riku's story which I thought was great. I'd say play it for Riku's story.

If the battle system gets annoying like it did for most people, level up A LOT in the beginning and then just run through the plot for Sora. If you need to level a little, take a little time to do that, but otherwise, just run through Sora's plot.

Danny

CidHighwind

i would buy it if i was u (because i did)
its fun so thats a plus even though the levels look the same after a while
it also introduces u to the org members that didnt quite make the cut of kh2
but i havent played kh2 so i dont know weather u need to or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back