• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platforming in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Yeah the platforming wasn't the best. It is all glitchy. Especially the fission firaga you get from dwarf woodlands

still, a step-up in terms of the ummm ZERO platforming there was in kh2

Dr_Mario64

I noticed very little platforming, but if you want some really good stuff examine the manhole in Disney Town. I especially liked the part w/ the Captain Justice pinball machine.

Maverick E.S

Virus
I kinda consider real platforming to not be simply jumping high up or jumping to one platform and just zoom the way to the sticker.

but hey what do I know about platforming when my childhood was based on real platforming games?

I know what you mean but certain spots in the worlds like in Radiant Garden, Deep Space, etc. Where fun, even Neverland had a bit of that.

I hear ya luap911, I mean Deep Jungle was one of my favorite worlds in Kh1. I wouldve loved to see a more plateforming and more open version of it! Especially 10 years before Sora got there.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It was good in that it wasb etter than thep revious games (bar KH1), but it was nothing revolutionary for platforming.

But the Disney Town, Neverland, Enchanted Dominion, Radiant Garden...it was at least nice to have some puzzling elements and MULTIPLE paths you can take. Wasn't like the straightforwardness of Days of KH2 that made me vomit.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I still don't get why people go "OMG KH1 AND BBS HAVE PLATFORMING!" When I think of plat-forming, I think of games like Mario. In neither KH1 nor' BBS, I rarely noticed any plat-forming.

Jakek9

I really didn't think KH1 had "platforming" persay. I agree with skyfox.

Personally, it is nice to see this though in BBS. Especially in neverland with Aqua. :3

Maverick E.S

Virus
I still don't get why people go "OMG KH1 AND BBS HAVE PLATFORMING!" When I think of plat-forming, I think of games like Mario. In neither KH1 nor' BBS, I rarely noticed any plat-forming.

I wasnt really like that, just felt that it was cool to have some platforming, glitchy or not they still put it in there. Hopefully they keep this and make it better,

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

It was platforming. Deep Jungle, Hollow Bastion, Monstro. THose are off the top of my head.

Mario=2d side scroller

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Mario=2d side scroller

I beg to differ.

Mario 64
Mario Sunshine
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party
Luigi's Mansion

I can go all day as to how there are MANY Mario games that aren't 2D side scrollers :/

As for Deep Jungle, Hollow Bastion and Monstro... To be honest, I hated the platforming in those worlds because they can get a little glitchy and annoying. (especially Monstro... I will never forgive that whale!) Granted Hollow Bastion was pretty cool design-wise... but when I think of "plat-forming" I think of a game like Mario where you're always jumping on platforms in nearly every area. KH isn't like that. What makes KH good is the combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back