• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platforming in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Yeah, Who else here thinks that the platforming in bbs was GREAT, even though it there wasnt thaaat much there was still a good amount. It would seem re:coded is going to have even more, I mightve posted this in the wrong section now since I mentioned re:coded but eh. What do you guys think?

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I concur 100%. The refreshing platforming elements revitalized the linear and narrow atmosphere established in Kingdom Hearts II. I am glad Square incorporated them once more, as I was tired of "going straight" every damn minute. Thanks to this, it was impossible to get lost.

Since I turned the "Hide" option on my map on (to make it feel like KH1) I was found myself lost quite a bit :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
i compelty agree ive missed the platforming it was one of the things that made kh1 so freakin great.
hell even jsut swimming made me happy :D it reminded me of the first part of kh1 on DI XD

Sora'sProtector

...I honestly think I am the only person in existence who never had a problem with KH1's camera...ever.

I've never had a problem with any KH games cameras. I think they actually get the shoulder-button-only camera control down perfect.

sora364

Awards
Thank god, I thought I was the only one! Everyone's favorite complaint about KH1 was the infamous "shifty" camera. When I first read this I was like "WTF...?" is this really the best criticism they have?

At any rate, I'll never understand how people have problems with it. And that's coming from someone who never used the lock on function until KH2.

Ralz

Oh, definitely. The platforming is really clever in Disney Town and even Dwarf Woodlands. (Such a cleverly hidden chest in that world.) The best part had to be Pete's Rec Room, for me anyway. Even when I just wanna get to the middle room, its fun being thrown around, and you even get paid for it, which is cool.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Yeah, Who else here thinks that the platforming in bbs was GREAT, even though it there wasnt thaaat much there was still a good amount. It would seem re:coded is going to have even more, I mightve posted this in the wrong section now since I mentioned re:coded but eh. What do you guys think?
yeah i completely agree. it's actually the first thing i noticed when i played the JP version. and the swimming.. oh god.. the memories from KH1 were coming back..

regarding the camera in BBS, you do know you can change it to L+analog, don't you? :v
and to everyone who didn't hate the camera in KH1 o/

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
...I honestly think I am the only person in existence who never had a problem with KH1's camera...ever.

I did not have any problem either. Even after replaying it after playing KH II and KH RE: COM.

Gram

Banned
Awards

i didnt have any problems with it either, i did with bbs's in a few fights but thats a different game XD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Platforming? To be honest, I never even noticed. Of course, I never noticed with KH1 either so nevermind.

Well, the camera's not "terrible" but there are many times where the KH1 camera decides to swoosh elsewhere. Especially in the Chernabog fight.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I loved the platforming in BBS. It still wasn't as great as KH1's. (Oh, Deep Jungle. So much jumping, falling and climbing.)
KH2's maps were frickin' super straight forward and retarded.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I loved the platforming in BBS. It still wasn't as great as KH1's. (Oh, Deep Jungle. So much jumping, falling and climbing.)
KH2's maps were frickin' super straight forward and retarded.
dont forget the tree suferin :D
i turned my kh2 maps off they're practically useless.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I really enjoyed it, I found it fun and refreshing but it is far from great unless you compare it to previous KH titles (Which almost everyone is doing and it is a valid context)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I kinda consider real platforming to not be simply jumping high up or jumping to one platform and just zoom the way to the sticker.

but hey what do I know about platforming when my childhood was based on real platforming games?

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW apparently im the only one here who thought the platforming was fucking terrible, especially in deep space

sora364

Awards
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW apparently im the only one here who thought the platforming was fcuking terrible, especially in deep space

As for the platforming being "terrible", well I'll just agree to disagree on that one. I don't think it was as great as KH1's, but it was a breath of fresh air. I hope they continue incorporating the elements in future installments.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So apparently I have a bunch of treasure chests missing in a couple worlds, and I'm guessing it's because new abilities later in the game unlock new platforming elements to return to these worlds for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back