• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platform for Birth by Sleep Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
Hey guys I just finished Birth By Sleep (Don't hate on the lateness :p) and i researched everything about the extras in Final Mix (Of course i watched the secret ending). We know that kingdom hearts 3D will be released for the Nintendo 3DS so does that mean that Birth By sleep Volume 2 will come for the PSP2? If that is true will kingdom hearts finally recieve its first HD game? Which console do you guys thinks Birth By Sleep Volume 2 will be for? Also on a side note sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I haven't been on these forums for like forever :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rexy

Bronze Member
Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

i think there is another thread about this...but i think it should be made for PSP, since PSP2 can play games from PSP i think the game should be made for the normal PSP so that we do not had to buy another console to play another kingdom hearts game

Sora-keyblade

Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

I would pay for another console for kingdom hearts and unless they release the game this year i don't think that it will be for the PSP. The only reason Re:Coded came to the ps2 while the ps3 was out is because the ps2 was very succesful, i wish i could say the same about the PSP :(

State

Awards

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume 2 for PlayStation Portable 2.

Rexy

Bronze Member

I would pay for another console for kingdom hearts and unless they release the game this year i don't think that it will be for the PSP. The only reason Re:Coded came to the ps2 while the ps3 was out is because the ps2 was very succesful, i wish i could say the same about the PSP :(

Re:Chain of Memories right?
i bought every console for Kingdom Hearts games only, of course other games made into my hands like Megaman ZX and Megaman ZX Advent for DS and like Crisis Core and God of War for PSP, but i would like to stick with the psp if it will be into a handheld console

Sora-keyblade

Re:Chain of Memories right?
i bought every console for Kingdom Hearts games only, of course other games made into my hands like Megaman ZX and Megaman ZX Advent for DS and like Crisis Core and God of War for PSP, but i would like to stick with the psp if it will be into a handheld console

LOL sorry i was just playing Re:Coded i wasn't thinking right :S. But I think the psp is going to die in a few months (Sales wise)

Ronove

I hope for the PSP, but I think we might indeed get stuck with it for the PSP 2.

Crystal

Silver Member

Actually i hope the game release on PsP but most likely it will release on PsP2

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I really don't know why nobody is considering the game to be released on the 3DS. Just because KH3D is on there already doesn't mean bbsv2 won't be as well.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I would pay for another console for kingdom hearts and unless they release the game this year i don't think that it will be for the PSP.

Yeah, I think this is the thing.

The PSP's software sales pretty much fell off a cliff everywhere but Japan, and while Birth by Sleep was able to do well in spite of that, I doubt it will be a viable platform after the end of the year.

And, remember: Disney appears to have told Square-Enix that they can't release PSP games in downloadable form. This could make a UMD version of BbS Vol. 2 even less viable, because people who plan on getting the new Playstation handheld might be reluctant to buy something they can't translate over. That might not be quite as big of an issue if they already have most of the game done and release it before there's much awareness of the new handheld, but it would be really dangerous for them to release a PSP game in 2012.

So, I'd say the game is either coming out before 3D, or it's not a PSP game. 3DS is a possibility, though I think if they're going to keep the Birth by Sleep name, they'd want to put it on a Playstation of some sort, and handheld makes more sense considering the way they distinguish numbered titles and non-numbered titles in this series.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

As much as I (kind of) hate to say it; the NGP. While I absolutely dreaded it at first, I must admit, after its unveiling last week, I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't plan on getting one eventually. So not really trippin. It's a ways off. All you people can just save your money now.

Lolita

Dear You

This better be for the psp. I already have to buy the 3DS for KH3D. : / Make it for the psp so people who have economic issues don't have to go ahead and buy the console just for the game, and for everyone who has the normal psp to be able to play.
Probably not, though. Yay for forcing the new era of game technology.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

As much as I (kind of) hate to say it; the NGP. While I absolutely dreaded it at first, I must admit, after its unveiling last week, I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't plan on getting one eventually. So not really trippin. It's a ways off. All you people can just save your money now.

Heh, yeah, that is one gorgeous portable, and I honestly just want the excuse to get one for myself. That screen...

yugi300

How does PSP2 play PSP games unless via digital download or something... cause it uses cartridges and not UMD's @ Rexy

Ikkin

Bronze Member

How does PSP2 play PSP games unless via digital download or something... cause it uses cartridges and not UMD's @ Rexy

It only plays downloadable PSP games, but it seems like the emulator makes them look nicer and adds in analog camera.

(I'd probably rebuy Birth by Sleep if they released the Final Mix in English as a download so I could play it like that XD; )

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

It only plays downloadable PSP games, but it seems like the emulator makes them look nicer and adds in analog camera.

(I'd probably rebuy Birth by Sleep if they released the Final Mix in English as a download so I could play it like that XD; )

Aw man, so I have to use credit card and buy the games online? bleeh, I don't think my parents would let me use their credit card unless it's for practical reasons. >_>

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

The thing about the PSP2 is, it's comparable in power to the PS3. You really think SE is going to put forth the time and effort into making another side game an HD title?

Dark Wing

Awards

i actually think it'd make more sense for both volumes of Birth by Sleep to be on the same console and plus they already have most of the character models and such they can take from bbs and khII so it'd be easier rather than having to update the graphics for a new console, so i see a release on the psp to be more likely

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Aw man, so I have to use credit card and buy the games online? bleeh, I don't think my parents would let me use their credit card unless it's for practical reasons. >_>

No, you don't need to buy anything online (at least, not with a credit card). Gamestop and such sell PSN cards in different denominations that you can use in the PSN store to avoid that problem completely. (And original NGP games will be sold on carts as well as online -- it's just original PSP games that need to be downloaded, because the NGP doesn't have a UMD slot)

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com

No, you don't need to buy anything online (at least, not with a credit card). Gamestop and such sell PSN cards in different denominations that you can use in the PSN store to avoid that problem completely. (And original NGP games will be sold on carts as well as online -- it's just original PSP games that need to be downloaded, because the NGP doesn't have a UMD slot)

Oh I see. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back