• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Pixar Asked For An Original Toy Story Plot and Other Fun Facts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
tumblr_ot7urgekD31sfptkyo1_540.png
The fandom certainly works fast.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
woody: sora, behind you! a heartless!

sora: where??

woody: HAHAHAHAHA

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Everything in Olympus has been implied to take place after the movie
Although I'm late to the party, I want to point out that the Hercules's Olympus Coliseum is NOT taking place after the events of the movie. True, the majority of Olympus' plot in previous games is original due to the inclusion of Final Fantasy characters like Zack (BBS), Cloud, and Auron (KH2), but it still takes place during the film's events.

I mean Birth By Sleep has a young Hercules training with Phil even though it is at the Coliseum and not in Phil Island from the film and the Olympus plot in Kingdom Hearts and especially Kingdom Hearts II is taking place during the middle of the movie and introduced more characters from the film such as Megara, Pegasus, and the Hydra. And while the plot is original it did draw some references scenes from the film such as the Hydra attacking Hercules and Hercules saving Megara even though it's done in a different fashion.

Now that Disney including Walt Disney Animation is involved with the Disney worlds, from what the latest scenes we've seen for the plot on Olympus, yes part of the world is original as Sora is coming to this world to train with Hercules to get his powers after what happened in Dream Drop Distance but it's also following the climax of the movie when Hades frees the Titans from their prison and launch their attack on Mt. Olympus.

We know for sure Olympus Coliseum and Big Hero 6 are going to be not the movies
I disagree with Olympus, from what we've seen so far from the latest E3 trailers (although you were well aware of it following it's reveal), it's following the climax of the movie when Hades frees the Titans from their prison and launch their attack on Mt. Olympus, heck you even got the Wind and Lava Titans appearing for the first time in the KH series. So while yes part of the world is original as Sora is coming to this world to train with Hercules to get his powers after what happened in Dream Drop Distance, Disney including Walt Disney Animation Studios is involved with the Disney worlds including Olympus as they're putting in more locations that weren't shown in previous games such as the rest of Thebes and Mt. Olympus.
watch

[video=youtube;iSRULDdFvc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSRULDdFvc0[/video]
Lastly, I believe that this might be the last time we will visit Olympus in the Kingdom Hearts series cause while it's fun going to the world for the tournaments and a main staple of the KH series, I don't think they should push the limit as normally with the Disney worlds that follow or take place during the film's plot normally they have a beginning, middle and end (e.g. Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas), along with the fact if Nomura and his Team have more material that they can expand on from these Disney films. Speaking of which, the same thing applies to The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean) as it's adapting the third film, At World's End and the fourth and fifth films take place 20 years after the third movie, so I don't think we'll be coming back to this world for a while in the next games of the saga.

Not even KH1 had all original stories.
Yes and no with the Disney worlds in KH1. Personally, the one you can say that were loosely following the plot of the movie was Agrabah, but with Jafar trying to seek the World's Keyhole. But the majority of the Disney worlds such as Deep Jungle (Tarzan), Atlantica (Little Mermaid), Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) were completely original and unrelated to the actual films.

And despite what most people keep on saying that EVERY world since KH2 "retells the movies plot" is NOT true.

For Kingdom Hearts II Disney worlds such as Halloween Town, Beast's Castle and Space Paranoids were completely original especially the later two worlds as they were connected to the main storyline.

Olympus (aside from KH3's plot) is original, yet it still took place during the film's timeline. Neverland in Kingdom Hearts and Birth By Sleep was also original and unrelated to the Movies. Terra, Aqua, and to a lesser extent parts of Ven's visit to Deep Space (Lilo & Stitch) was also original and unrelated to the movie.

And Sora's story for the Grid in Dream Drop Distance was also unrelated to the plot of Tron: Legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back