• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Pixar Asked For An Original Toy Story Plot and Other Fun Facts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
KH isn't a SW game, and SW has been in infinity.

Eiterway i'd prefer if they stuck with Disney and Pixar.
Pixar is 100% owned by Disney, so Toy Story counts as disney eitherway

Do you not understand the legal technicalities of this deal? EA is the only third party developer and publisher that can represent Star Wars in video games. No other third party publisher including Square Enix is allowed to represent Star Wars because that would be breaking this contract.

And before you bring up Lego Star Wars, that franchise occurred before Lucarts was shut down by Disney and Disney exited first party development. Disney Infinity was developed by a Disney subsidiary at the time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

soratothamax

I was really hyped for this when I first saw it, but now reality is setting in as I read the comments.

I don't mind that Toy Story has a brand new story. We might see some references from the other movies, but I don't care. I used to watch the Buzz Lightyear cartoon, watched all three movies, and some shorts. There are different stories every time, different scenes. As long as Buzz and Woody and Andy's room is in it, that's cool. The fact that Andy's room is in it shows that they didn't have to omit settings from the game, just had to create an original story.

It will also be surprising, like Sora is joining the Toy Story game on a new adventure. That's awesome.

But I am concerned that Nomura felt the pressure to release this game so fast, to set a release date so close, a lot will be cut. I really want this to be a bang-out game, since it ends this saga. I hope there will be more worlds. Dream Drop Distance really didn't have that many worlds, neither did 0.2 fragmentary passage (of course not). But I don't want KHIII to be like those games.

And will Utada make a come back for the opening or will we be hearing re-hashed versions of her other songs?...

I bet Tetsuya just wants to be done with this. He looked so tired at D23.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's not as exclusive as you think. LEGO Star Wars already is an outlier.

You make it sound like EA and Disney wouldn't discuss allowances.

But again, Lego Star Wars was created way before this deal existed, and it just so happens to be profitable enough to be the exception to the rule.

Honestly, unless there's been a Star Wars game that's been published by a third party publisher (since Disney exited first party development), then I just don't see it happening. Of course, I'm open to be proved wrong.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm, well it being like an original transitional story between Toy Story 2 and 3 makes it more interesting... I always did want an original Kingdom Hearts Disney story, so it feels like you made a difference in that world and not it would've happened anyways in the original story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why not have them go to Al's Toy Barn instead of Galaxy Toys? You could've still had an original story.

Probably due to Pixar's insistence on it having an original story. Going back to old locations may have seemed like recycling to them. Plus GW has different themes for each floor, something that couldn't really be done with the toy barn.

Hallowseve

I think it's fantastic that they are doing an original plot for the Toy Story world. Hopefully they do an original plot for all worlds. Hearing this news, it seems they're on the right track!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Probably due to Pixar's insistence on it having an original story. Going back to old locations may have seemed like recycling to them. Plus GW has different themes for each floor, something that couldn't really be done with the toy barn.

It also has to do with legal-licensing issues. Better to make an original plot, than to expend on legal issues.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Yes please to less worlds. I want each world to be phat and interesting. Save other properties for later and give us a base completion timebof approx. 28 hours, 100% taking around 60.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think it's fantastic that they are doing an original plot for the Toy Story world. Hopefully they do an original plot for all worlds. Hearing this news, it seems they're on the right track!

I'd rather have it 50/50. Tangled and Frozen definitely deserve to follow the story of their movie counterparts. And even if they do that, that doesn't stop said worlds from being lore relevant.

BluePikmin11

Awards
I'm glad to see they're taking more care with the worlds! It's setting a high bar, but I hope to see at least 20-25 more worlds to explore, there's just way too many Disney films that I want to explore deeply in KH3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's not just creative liberties but legal liberties as well. You have to remember that a lot of toys featured in Toy Story were sponsored toys like Barbie. It's so much easier on Pixar and Square Enix's part to create a new area for an established world as oppose to re-negotiate contracts for licensed intellectual properties outside of the Disney hemisphere.
Square have already bypassed that by creating their own line of toys for the game.

Anyone wanna buy a Julia the Dress Queen doll? Just $20.18 (lmao)
0EV4h9c.png

Reiji

I'm glad that Disney is FINALLY acknowledging and giving KH & Square the attention they deserve by being more involved in the development of the game. Sure, they've always been involved, but not in this capacity. This game will have a promotion campaign of monstrously proportions if they keep this up.

I was honestly expecting Frozen for it being a monster marketing wise, but this is WAY better! Toy Story is universally loved unlike Frozen which has its detractors, but man I wasn't prepared for this visual delight featured in this Toy Story World. It's incredible how Square Enix nailed the artstyle. That kingdomShader can really pull mmiracles.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Square have already bypassed that by creating their own line of toys for the game.

Anyone wanna buy a Julia the Dress Queen doll? Just $20.18 (lmao)
0EV4h9c.png

Lol, that's a better deal than the Weekly Jewels Extravaganza deal so I'm game.

SomeKHFan

Awards
I'm glad that Disney is FINALLY acknowledging and giving KH & Square the attention they deserve by being more involved in the development of the game. Sure, they've always been involved, but not in this capacity. This game will have a promotion campaign of monstrously proportions if they keep this up.

They still seem to underestimate Kingdom Hearts popularity. When the opening presenter was announcing the games you could tell he was a bit shocked that Kingdom Hearts got the loudest applause. Hopefully this gets them more invested in assisting Square Enix with KH.

Reiji

They still seem to underestimate Kingdom Hearts popularity. When the opening presenter was announcing the games you could tell he was a bit shocked that Kingdom Hearts got the loudest applause. Hopefully this gets them more invested in assisting Square Enix with KH.
Yeah, I was so happy when KH received the loudest pop from the audience. Disney has treated Square like that weird guy that you don't want anybody to know you're being friends with for a long time now. Glad that seems to be changing after this year's D23.

Pou92

I've noticed that the enemies now attack Donald and Goofy.
In KH2 the enemies ignored them, i'm glad they fixed that.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora: Woody, I have to assemble the seven guardians of light before the 13 Seekers of Darkness tried to unleash Kingdom Hearts and release the darkness to all the worlds with the heartless and the nobodies and the unversed in the dream eaters!!!!!

Woody: YOU. ARE. A. TOYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sora: Woody, I have to assemble the seven guardians of light before the 13 Seekers of Darkness tried to unleash Kingdom Hearts and release the darkness to all the worlds with the heartless and the nobodies and the unversed in the dream eaters!!!!!

Woody: YOU. ARE. A. TOYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_ot7urgekD31sfptkyo1_540.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back